Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 546562 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 12:46 - Apr 20 with 5415 viewsdaveB

Half decent tv on 09:39 - Apr 20 by BrianMcCarthy

I prefer it to Breaking Bad, too.

I've only seen the first 2 seasons and did really like it but Breaking Bad was slightly better for me mainly as you didn't know how it would end whereas this one you know where Jimmy ends up.

That episode of BB in the desert where it all goes wrong and Walt tries to take his daughter was one of the best hours of tv i've ever seen, the whole series built to that episode and it was brilliant. This is making me want to rewatch it all again now
Half decent tv on 14:24 - Apr 20 with 5349 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 12:46 - Apr 20 by daveB

I've only seen the first 2 seasons and did really like it but Breaking Bad was slightly better for me mainly as you didn't know how it would end whereas this one you know where Jimmy ends up.

That episode of BB in the desert where it all goes wrong and Walt tries to take his daughter was one of the best hours of tv i've ever seen, the whole series built to that episode and it was brilliant. This is making me want to rewatch it all again now

I agree that BB was really well made TV, but I'm peculiar in that I like to have empathy with the character. I couldn't have cared less what happened to Walt, the annoying cop, the runt of a sidekick or Walt's whiney family. I loved watching each episode just because it was so well made but I just didn't....care.

Better Call Saul has great characters I care about - Jimmy himself, the righteous Kim and the upstanding and brooding Mike. I'm not saying that makes it better than Breaking Bad, just more enjoyable to me.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 17:33 - Apr 20 with 5289 viewsdaveB

Half decent tv on 14:24 - Apr 20 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree that BB was really well made TV, but I'm peculiar in that I like to have empathy with the character. I couldn't have cared less what happened to Walt, the annoying cop, the runt of a sidekick or Walt's whiney family. I loved watching each episode just because it was so well made but I just didn't....care.

Better Call Saul has great characters I care about - Jimmy himself, the righteous Kim and the upstanding and brooding Mike. I'm not saying that makes it better than Breaking Bad, just more enjoyable to me.

yeah both are great shows. I was obsessed with what happened to Walt, some weeks I'd want him to get away with it all others I couldn't wait for him to fail, even the last 3 episodes i changed my mind about how i wanted it to end for him.
Half decent tv on 19:55 - Apr 20 with 5219 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I know there is at least 3 or 4 golfers on here so I highly recommend The Shark about Greg Norman if you can find it.It premiered last night on US sports network ESPN and it covered his incredible run of bad luck (bad shots too of course ) mostly in Majors .
25 years on from his last time in real contention an his most famous collapse Augusta 1996 when Nick Faldo shot a stunning 67 to take the jacket.
Present day Jack Nicklaus looks a bit feeble but he is mid 80 I think
Half decent tv on 09:48 - Apr 21 with 5097 viewsRs_Holy

Half decent tv on 19:55 - Apr 20 by CLAREMAN1995

I know there is at least 3 or 4 golfers on here so I highly recommend The Shark about Greg Norman if you can find it.It premiered last night on US sports network ESPN and it covered his incredible run of bad luck (bad shots too of course ) mostly in Majors .
25 years on from his last time in real contention an his most famous collapse Augusta 1996 when Nick Faldo shot a stunning 67 to take the jacket.
Present day Jack Nicklaus looks a bit feeble but he is mid 80 I think

Don't forget the playoff against Larry Mize when Mize chipped in from about 40 odd yards!!! I love a sports doc ... thanks for the recommendation
[Post edited 21 Apr 2022 9:49]
Half decent tv on 14:53 - Apr 21 with 5006 viewslarsricchi

Half decent tv on 17:33 - Apr 20 by daveB

yeah both are great shows. I was obsessed with what happened to Walt, some weeks I'd want him to get away with it all others I couldn't wait for him to fail, even the last 3 episodes i changed my mind about how i wanted it to end for him.

Re: Breaking Bad: I did end up caring about Jesse. And Dave, I'm with you on the shifting views toward Walt down the homestretch.

Brian, I hear what you are saying as well. I watched Season 1 of Servant on Apple and could not find any reason to care about any of those people, and it was nowhere near as well done as BB, so I left that show behind.

I'm going to pipe up again with Severance. The Season 1 finale was an amazing episode. Felt like I was holding my breath for 45 minutes, and I mean that in a good way.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2022 14:53]
Half decent tv on 10:19 - Apr 23 with 4828 viewsJPC

Black Spot (or Zone Blanche) on Netflix is good if you like slightly strange French Police dramas. Some good characters
Half decent tv on 01:13 - Apr 24 with 4732 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Half decent tv on 10:19 - Apr 23 by JPC

Black Spot (or Zone Blanche) on Netflix is good if you like slightly strange French Police dramas. Some good characters

I might watch that one thanks but I am still traumatized by a series I watched this week on there
It was about a winemaker in Barcelona back in the 14th century or sometime and I could not turn it off.
Not that it was any good but the poor fuc*er got screwed so many times I wanted to see if he survived .
8 episodes later I am still not sure .
Netflix is crashing and burning right now in America btw
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 10:07 - Apr 26 with 4561 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Not a TV show but a YouTube channel I got into quite recently. Stansberry Research. It’s all about Economics and stocks and shares which might sound dull but is very relevant in the current world. Mostly lacking bias and well balanced output that has taught me loads. I particularly like the show by the smart/lovely Daniella Cambone and here’s her latest video. It’s a rocky road ahead friends!

[Post edited 26 Apr 2022 11:24]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Half decent tv on 12:14 - Apr 26 with 4467 viewsPhildo

The Navalny documentary is on iPlayer - strong recommend. Brave (or stupid) bloke.
Half decent tv on 15:38 - Apr 26 with 4346 viewsLblock

Half decent tv on 10:27 - Apr 19 by PunteR

Boiling Point on Netflix. Steven Graham film. I love watching Steven Graham and the acting in this film is top drawer by all the cast. My only criticism is this could have been a mini series rather than a film . Lots of different characters with their own sub plots. A lot squeezed into an hour and half.
Half decent film that probably should be a TV mini series.

Watched this at the weekend.

It was “different”.
Found it very much like a fly on the wall documentary in real time; which is what I think they were going for?!?!
Does show the hospitality industry in its raw side and SG is such a phenomenal actor.

Can see where you’re coming from about a mini series

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Half decent tv on 15:41 - Apr 26 with 4339 viewsLblock

Watching An Anatomy of a Scandal on Netflix at moment, final part tonight as there’s no decent footy on (!!!!!)

Really well done and quite relevant.
Sienna Miller is also volcano levels of hot in it so a good watch all round

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Half decent tv on 16:40 - Apr 26 with 4294 viewspeejaybee

Out of interest look at Amazon Freevee

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Half decent tv on 20:35 - Apr 26 with 4196 viewsw7r

Watched “Navalny” on BBC2 last night, incredible story.

The man has some balls.
Half decent tv on 21:41 - Apr 26 with 4154 viewsToast_R

Half decent tv on 15:41 - Apr 26 by Lblock

Watching An Anatomy of a Scandal on Netflix at moment, final part tonight as there’s no decent footy on (!!!!!)

Really well done and quite relevant.
Sienna Miller is also volcano levels of hot in it so a good watch all round

Watched that and quite enjoyed it. Good to see Josette Simon of Blakes 7 still going strong at 60 odd. Stole the show.
Half decent tv on 09:42 - Apr 27 with 4028 viewsSonofpugwash

Any documentary that doesn't have Ben Fogle in it or to do with doll's houses.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Half decent tv on 15:18 - Apr 29 with 3825 viewsMetallica_Hoop

This was an amusing 25mins.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 17:45 - Apr 29 with 3762 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 16:30 - Apr 4 by BrianMcCarthy

'Slow Horses' on Apple is a well-made British spy series with Gary Oldman.

Watched the first to episodes and would love to watch the rest if anyone knows of a moody site. The remaining episodes are being released every Friday, which is a dose.

Finally got around to watching Slow Horses and nearly caught up. Very decent so far except for the computer geek’s accent which makes me want to throw things at the telly.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2022 17:49]
Half decent tv on 16:49 - May 2 with 3628 viewsRanger_Things

Ozark last episodes now on Netflix.
Half decent tv on 20:22 - May 2 with 3550 viewsSonofpugwash

Laurel Canyon - second part tonight on Sky Arts.Musicians who lived there in the 60's and 70's,should be good.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Half decent tv on 22:27 - May 2 with 3503 viewsMrSheen

I was rude about Outer Range (Prime) on another thread a few weeks back. I then thought it was a dowdy Yellowstone* retread with a weird supernatural thread grafted onto it. Six episodes in, I still think it’s a dowdy Yellowstone retread with a weird supernatural thread grafted onto it, but I’m completely gripped. Give it a couple of episodes, it might grow on you too.

*Yellowstone, if you haven’t seen it, is a corny but highly entertaining and magnificent-looking ranching family saga. Irritatingly, though it is a big hit in the US, only the first two out of five series can be seen here, and even then you have to buy them from Prime. It seems that it’s being held back for a future streaming service.
[Post edited 2 May 2022 22:29]
Half decent tv on 22:53 - May 2 with 3474 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 22:27 - May 2 by MrSheen

I was rude about Outer Range (Prime) on another thread a few weeks back. I then thought it was a dowdy Yellowstone* retread with a weird supernatural thread grafted onto it. Six episodes in, I still think it’s a dowdy Yellowstone retread with a weird supernatural thread grafted onto it, but I’m completely gripped. Give it a couple of episodes, it might grow on you too.

*Yellowstone, if you haven’t seen it, is a corny but highly entertaining and magnificent-looking ranching family saga. Irritatingly, though it is a big hit in the US, only the first two out of five series can be seen here, and even then you have to buy them from Prime. It seems that it’s being held back for a future streaming service.
[Post edited 2 May 2022 22:29]

I too have been persevering with Outer Range. Not sure I like it but I really want to find out what happens. Another weekly watch for me is Shining Girls on Apple. Think I have sussed it but looking forward to seeing how it pans out.
Half decent tv on 16:02 - May 3 with 3352 viewsTacticalR

Half decent tv on 22:53 - May 2 by Ranger_Things

I too have been persevering with Outer Range. Not sure I like it but I really want to find out what happens. Another weekly watch for me is Shining Girls on Apple. Think I have sussed it but looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

I have a feeling there is less to it than meets the eye, but that could be said about a lot of Amazon/Netflix production.

Air hostess clique

Half decent tv on 16:31 - May 3 with 3329 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 16:02 - May 3 by TacticalR

I have a feeling there is less to it than meets the eye, but that could be said about a lot of Amazon/Netflix production.

Billy's graveside karaoke ample reward for persistence. And are they her real teeth? Good for her if so.
Half decent tv on 11:22 - May 5 with 3168 viewsdermyqpr

According to the search facility this has not been mentioned. The Bureau. 5 seasons all told (2015-2020). Seen the first series and just started season 2. Basically France's version of their CIA. Spies. Plots. Enjoyable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024