Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 547567 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 15:36 - Jun 8 with 5216 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Half decent tv on 15:08 - Jun 8 by Phildo

Has anyone watched the Danny Boyle Sex Pistols thing? Is it worth watching?

I have heard it is good but not yet seen it. Is it on Netflix?
Half decent tv on 16:03 - Jun 8 with 5181 viewsEsox_Lucius

I've been bingeing Our Girl. 1st series with Lacey Turner as Molly was very good but from the 2nd series on with Michelle Keegan it has fallen apart fairly spectacularly. I've never been in the military but it really stretches credulity when every episode has an episode of someone completely ignoring a direct order, getting in to trouble and virtually no repercussions. Did anyone else watch it and have a different viewpoint?

The grass is always greener.

Half decent tv on 16:27 - Jun 8 with 5150 viewsPhildo

Half decent tv on 15:36 - Jun 8 by CroydonCaptJack

I have heard it is good but not yet seen it. Is it on Netflix?

Disney I think?
Half decent tv on 16:42 - Jun 8 with 5123 viewsToast_R

Half decent tv on 16:27 - Jun 8 by Phildo

Disney I think?

Indeed Disney Plus.

I thought it was very good. From what I've read in various sources over the years I think they got it pretty much spot on. The character portrayal is uncanny. Sid Vicious especially and the girl that plays Siouxsie Sioux is a dead ringer. I know it's based on Steve Jones's book Lonely Boy, but can't help but think he does himself down as a guitarist some what.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2022 16:43]
Half decent tv on 11:32 - Jun 10 with 4933 viewsE17hoop

Half decent tv on 16:42 - Jun 8 by Toast_R

Indeed Disney Plus.

I thought it was very good. From what I've read in various sources over the years I think they got it pretty much spot on. The character portrayal is uncanny. Sid Vicious especially and the girl that plays Siouxsie Sioux is a dead ringer. I know it's based on Steve Jones's book Lonely Boy, but can't help but think he does himself down as a guitarist some what.

I saw it described as a pantomime about the Pistols and thought that was a telling description.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Half decent tv on 11:49 - Jun 10 with 4900 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 16:42 - Jun 8 by Toast_R

Indeed Disney Plus.

Shocked and disgusted to read that Paul Cook and Steve Jones went to St*mf*rd Br*dg* on their recent publicity tour. W12 citizenship should be stripped from them immediately.
Half decent tv on 23:17 - Jun 18 with 4638 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Not into Sci Fi normally but can recommend For All Mankind on Apple TV so far. Mixture of Apollo 11 and Mad Men.
Half decent tv on 00:33 - Jun 20 with 4425 viewsHAYESBOY

Just finished the Lazarus Project on Sky.

Very good. Cross between Minority Report, Groundhog Day and the Adjustment Bureau.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2022 0:36]

Smells like a trout farm in here

Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 16:14 - Jun 20 with 4276 viewsOutWestR

Half decent tv on 11:49 - Jun 10 by MrSheen

Shocked and disgusted to read that Paul Cook and Steve Jones went to St*mf*rd Br*dg* on their recent publicity tour. W12 citizenship should be stripped from them immediately.

Steve Jones freely admits in his book that he used to watch the Rangers but changed to Chelsea. As did Roger Daltery (although he opted for Arsenal).
[Post edited 20 Jun 2022 16:14]
Half decent tv on 17:44 - Jun 20 with 4204 viewslarsricchi

Not a new show, but I found Glitch on Netflix, something I thoroughly enjoyed. Australian show. 18 episodes, done and dusted (3 series x 6 episodes). It was suggested because I watched Dark.

Half decent tv on 18:11 - Jun 20 with 4166 viewsdmm

There's not much on TV I watch these days apart from the news and football, but I've started the new BBC series Sherwood which is pretty good. The 1980s miner's striker background to the story gives it something extra. It's available on iPlayer.
Half decent tv on 20:47 - Jun 20 with 4079 viewsMrSheen

Not exactly new, but Mrs Sheen watched House of Gucci last night, with Lady Gaga, who she said was the best thing in it. I suppose it used to be the norm, but it’s a real anachronism now to watch a film where people playing Italians in Italy speaka da Inglese likea they are Super Mario, includinga Al Pacino anda Jeremy Ironsa. I laughed at the bit I saw where Lady G said to him, “Mauricizio saida you useda be an actor”.
Half decent tv on 15:11 - Jun 21 with 3891 viewsRanger_Things

An older series I’ve been enjoying lately is Das Boot. I can’t believe I missed it before, it’s very good.
Half decent tv on 18:07 - Jun 21 with 3801 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 23:17 - Jun 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Not into Sci Fi normally but can recommend For All Mankind on Apple TV so far. Mixture of Apollo 11 and Mad Men.

Thanks for the tip. I've started it. Very well made but in danger of getting a bit flag-wavy and soapy for my liking. I'm sticking with it, though. 7/10.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 18:47 - Jun 21 with 3777 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Half decent tv on 18:07 - Jun 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks for the tip. I've started it. Very well made but in danger of getting a bit flag-wavy and soapy for my liking. I'm sticking with it, though. 7/10.

If this self hating anti-patriotic communist can enjoy it so can you 😆

In all seriousness though you are right it does get a bit much at times but I like the relationship with real life historical timelines and the (mostly) plausible plotlines.

About to start Series 2 so let’s see!
Half decent tv on 18:52 - Jun 21 with 3767 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 18:47 - Jun 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

If this self hating anti-patriotic communist can enjoy it so can you 😆

In all seriousness though you are right it does get a bit much at times but I like the relationship with real life historical timelines and the (mostly) plausible plotlines.

About to start Series 2 so let’s see!

Yes, I like that aspect. Nixon gets a bashing, but that's an easy target. It'll be interesting to see how they deal with the other (living) Presidents if and when that time comes. Also, Vietnam, Civil Rights etc.

Half decent tv on 18:54 - Jun 21 with 3762 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Half decent tv on 18:52 - Jun 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Yes, I like that aspect. Nixon gets a bashing, but that's an easy target. It'll be interesting to see how they deal with the other (living) Presidents if and when that time comes. Also, Vietnam, Civil Rights etc.

Vietnam gets covered in a way you’ll like I think but I won’t spoil it for you!
Half decent tv on 19:17 - Jun 21 with 3727 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 18:54 - Jun 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Vietnam gets covered in a way you’ll like I think but I won’t spoil it for you!

Did The People's Republic of Cork win?

Half decent tv on 19:49 - Jun 21 with 3694 viewsLazyFan

The Boys season 3 really gives the crazy Yank facism culture of Y'all Qaeda, American Taliban, and Vanilla ISIS a right good kicking!

zzzzzzzzzz

Half decent tv on 20:11 - Jun 21 with 3659 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Half decent tv on 19:17 - Jun 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Did The People's Republic of Cork win?

Ho Chi McGinn
Half decent tv on 20:23 - Jun 21 with 3637 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 20:11 - Jun 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Ho Chi McGinn

O'Shea Guevara

Also a Corkonian (and, even more so, a Galwegian).

Half decent tv on 12:57 - Jun 25 with 3388 viewsMrSheen

I’ve been watching Bosch Legacy, more for old times’ sake than anything. It’s got a cheap recycled feel to it, even down to it being on freeetv, which is Amazon’s cheapo version of Prime with ads on it. Flimsy plot lines, A-Team calibre stunts, cameo pop ups from old colleagues - even his amazing house is reduced to the odd guest star bit part. One saving grace is Madison Lintz as his daughter. It’s a bit creepy given she has been in the show since she was about 14, but she has knockout Keira Knightly style looks, I can happily stare at her doing nothing for hours.

I noticed a deal for StarzPlay for £1.99 a month. Will check it out to let me finish Tokyo Vice.
Half decent tv on 14:03 - Jun 25 with 3329 viewsLythamR

Half decent tv on 18:52 - Jun 21 by BrianMcCarthy

I am up to date series 3 episode 3. its well worth sticking with despite any misgivings
Half decent tv on 14:50 - Jun 25 with 3258 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 14:03 - Jun 25 by LythamR

I am up to date series 3 episode 3. its well worth sticking with despite any misgivings

Thanks Lytham.

I will. Appreciate the tip.

Half decent tv on 15:29 - Jun 25 with 3206 viewsMick_S

Half decent tv on 14:50 - Jun 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks Lytham.

I will. Appreciate the tip.

Brian, I put this up pages ago.

It’s fuggin’ magnificent- or your money back.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024