Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faurlin Leaving 09:34 - May 9 with 26226 viewsdaveB

according to this

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/junior-hoilett-qpr-contract
Faurlin Leaving on 09:39 - May 9 with 9811 viewssimmo

Sorry to be a pain but can some copy and paste the key parts? Work admin blocks WLS for some reason....

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Faurlin Leaving on 09:39 - May 9 with 9809 viewsenfieldargh

Faurlin Leaving on 09:39 - May 9 by simmo

Sorry to be a pain but can some copy and paste the key parts? Work admin blocks WLS for some reason....

Hoilett tells QPR he wants to leave

By David McIntyre 09/05/2016

QPR: Junior Hoilett

Junior Hoilett has told QPR he wants to leave the club and has no interest in signing a new deal.

Manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has indicated that out-of-contract trio Alejandro Faurlin, Clint Hill and Karl Henry are not part of his plans.

But he wanted to keep Hoilett, whose contract also expires this summer.

However, the Canadian, who was signed in 2012, believes he will return to the Premier League, and has no intention of re-signing.

Swansea City were offered Hoilett, 25, but declined to sign him when he was made available on a free transfer last summer, but they now appear to be interested.

Hasselbaink is keen to revamp him squad this summer
Hasselbaink is keen to revamp him squad this summer
Midfielder Faurlin is a huge fans favourite and the Rangers hierarchy are keen for him to be retained.

He has been at Loftus Road for seven eventful years, during which he has suffered three cruciate injuries.

Faurlin played a key role in QPR’s promotion to the Premier League in 2011 — a triumph that was confirmed only after the club escaped a points deduction for breaching regulations in the deal to sign him from Argentinean outfit Instituto two years earlier.

Hill also played an important role in that promotion and the one three years later — the play-off victory against Derby means he is the only player other than 1967 League Cup-winning captain Mike Keen to lead a QPR team up the Wembley steps to collect a trophy.

The 37-year-old joined Rangers on a free transfer from Crystal Palace in 2010 and has made 185 appearances for the club.

Henry, 33, was signed in 2013 and last summer decided to take up an option in his two-year deal that entitled him to a further year’s contract.

Other players approaching the end of their QPR contract include Samba Diakite, Armand Traore and keeper Rob Green, who will all certainly leave.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Faurlin Leaving on 09:40 - May 9 with 9798 viewsdaveB

Faurlin Leaving on 09:39 - May 9 by simmo

basically Hoilett has said he wants to go so is probably off to Swansea. Green, Diakite and Traore all being released.

The hierarchy at the club want Faurlin to get one more year but Jimmy has indicated that Hill, Faurlin and Henry are not part of his plans so all expected to leave
Faurlin Leaving on 09:48 - May 9 with 9750 viewsfrancisbowles

I had heard the same story on Saturday and whilst I understand that you have to introduce new/young players into a fairly stable team during the season, it does seem strange that all of these players have played so much.

I think they will be hard to replace and with Faurlin, we gave him a year to prove himself and as he has come through unscathed and performed fairly well.

If we end up with a big strong cb and midfielders with ability and who have more legs and physical presence then that would justify this but will we find them in addition to the other players we need such as a right back and another big cb and striker to be at least back ups?
Faurlin Leaving on 09:48 - May 9 with 9738 viewsDannytheR

Big gamble from Hasselbaink in terms of the fans' goodwill towards him. Fickle sods that we are, if we hit the ground running in August all will be forgiven, but if Hill and Faurlin both leave AND we start next season shakily, you can imagine what the mood will be like at the ground.

Good managers need to be hard-headed and unsentimental, and this is certainly both of those things. He's going to have to make sure he gets results now though.
[Post edited 9 May 2016 9:54]
Faurlin Leaving on 09:57 - May 9 with 9671 viewsLblock

Retain Hill and Ale on player coaches roles and I'm happy

Happy on the balance being released

Not happy that we are pandering to that slag Junior WC. Him and his brother will be schlepping around Europe for biggest deal now. They're unlikely to find mugs like us so I hope they set realistic expectations!!£

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Faurlin Leaving on 10:01 - May 9 with 9647 viewsrsonist

Very much hope that the difference of opinion the article alludes to is between JFH and the board - if it's between JFH and Les that's the absolute last thing we need.
Faurlin Leaving on 10:02 - May 9 with 9636 viewsdaveB

Faurlin Leaving on 10:01 - May 9 by rsonist

Very much hope that the difference of opinion the article alludes to is between JFH and the board - if it's between JFH and Les that's the absolute last thing we need.

am sure JFH and Les will have a difference of opinion on players, would be weird if they agreed on everything
Login to get fewer ads

Faurlin Leaving on 10:03 - May 9 with 9627 viewsbosh67

This is kind of an article saying they are out of contract and will be leaving... unless they stay. Love this kind of article.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Faurlin Leaving on 10:04 - May 9 with 9623 viewsCamberleyR

Faurlin Leaving on 09:57 - May 9 by Lblock

Not happy that we are pandering to that slag Junior WC. Him and his brother will be schlepping around Europe for biggest deal now. They're unlikely to find mugs like us so I hope they set realistic expectations!!£

Isn't it his father playing the Claude Anelka role?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Faurlin Leaving on 10:06 - May 9 with 9599 viewswombat

Faurlin Leaving on 10:01 - May 9 by rsonist

defo need to b ring young hungry players in but you alos need some older heads in the squad for the days you need something extra , faurlin has proved his fitness this season , as has hill , both cant be on big money either madness to consider letting them go

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Faurlin Leaving on 10:09 - May 9 with 9574 viewssimmo

Faurlin Leaving on 09:57 - May 9 by Lblock

There is also the budget to consider as a reason behind this. Hoos might have told JFH that we have X available in weekly wages across all signings. Let's say the pair cost 20-25k per week, perhaps JFH thinks he'd rather have 2-3 new 'sure things' available rather than a bit part 37 yr old and Faurlin who despite a full season, must still have question marks about breaking down.

Personally I think as long as we at least offer Hill and Faurlin, the former especially, I'll be happy. Whether they decide to take those deals, which should be short term and relatively low wages, is down to them. They've earned the right to decide their own futures and as a club, we've done right by both of them over the years. I can't see us picking up better options for any cheaper though.

As for Hoilett, I'm still in the too little too late category and not convinced a new deal won't see him regress to the Hoilett of the last 3 and a half years. That said if Jimmy wants him, then offer a deal at the new lower wage level and if he wants to reject it for something else, nobody will lose sleep.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Faurlin Leaving on 10:11 - May 9 with 9569 viewsstevec

Brave move by JFH on Faurlin, hope the club backs him, if not reckon he'd be justified in moving on himself.

Can't face another season of watching that central midfield playing 'pass and watch', it's crippling to the wide men and forwards.
Faurlin Leaving on 10:14 - May 9 with 9546 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Damn.

Long way to go yet before this is sorted, but damn...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Faurlin Leaving on 10:14 - May 9 with 9541 viewsDejR_vu

The problem with Faurlin is that he is effectively only half a player. Fantastic on the ball but he can't run and he can't tackle anymore. So we have to have another player who can cover for him which overall is detrimental to the team.

The problem with retaining Hill is, ironically, that you know you can rely on him and so will end up using him more than you should. That's game-time that should be going to someone with a few years ahead of him, not a 37/38 year old, because you're just kicking the can down the road.

If we're serious about putting proper foundations in place and building a team for the long-term it has to be without both of them. Painful to see them go as I think they're both fantastic. In Hill's case in particular I can't think of many players I've ever liked and respected more in 40 years of supporting the club. If he would accept a non-playing role he should be retained in some capacity around the playing staff.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Faurlin Leaving on 10:15 - May 9 with 9535 viewsMaggsinho

Just posted on his Instagram that he's leaving....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFLlpHHKqkg/

Farewell Ale, always welcome back at Loftus Road.
Faurlin Leaving on 10:17 - May 9 with 9524 viewsstevec

Faurlin Leaving on 10:14 - May 9 by DejR_vu

The problem with Faurlin is that he is effectively only half a player. Fantastic on the ball but he can't run and he can't tackle anymore. So we have to have another player who can cover for him which overall is detrimental to the team.

The problem with retaining Hill is, ironically, that you know you can rely on him and so will end up using him more than you should. That's game-time that should be going to someone with a few years ahead of him, not a 37/38 year old, because you're just kicking the can down the road.

If we're serious about putting proper foundations in place and building a team for the long-term it has to be without both of them. Painful to see them go as I think they're both fantastic. In Hill's case in particular I can't think of many players I've ever liked and respected more in 40 years of supporting the club. If he would accept a non-playing role he should be retained in some capacity around the playing staff.

Well said mate.
Faurlin Leaving on 10:17 - May 9 with 9522 viewsrobith

Regardless of the ins and outs, I'm always confused about how people want coaching roles for ex players who care a bit, despite having no coaching credentials
Faurlin Leaving on 10:20 - May 9 with 9487 viewsDiscodroids

agree with this posting in absolute totality.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Faurlin Leaving on 10:21 - May 9 with 9487 viewshoof_hearted

Harsh truth? Faurlin is too slow to create any pressure on the opposition. Keeping him and Henry means we plan on playing hoof ball up to Poulter next season like we've drifted to so often in the last few months.

If we're going to turn those draws into wins next season then we need a pressing midfield pair so that they can get forward and still have the energy to get back when the opposition break. All the evidence says that can't be done by Faurlin, for sure and possibly not by Henry either.

That's the easy bit. The difficult bit is to find the players who can fulfil the role better. We'll certainly see if Sir Les and JFH are worth the big bucks this summer.
Faurlin Leaving on 10:33 - May 9 with 9395 viewswestberksr

as much as it pains me to do so, I have to agree.

The only thing is that Toszer is slower and tackles less, so hopefully they will look at a big revamp once Fer etc are off the books.

Gutted for Ale but JFH has to take the view for the good of the club/squad.
Faurlin Leaving on 10:34 - May 9 with 9385 viewsDejR_vu

Faurlin Leaving on 10:17 - May 9 by robith

Regardless of the ins and outs, I'm always confused about how people want coaching roles for ex players who care a bit, despite having no coaching credentials

Agreed, which is why I didn't say coaching role. But I think we need his influence around the squad somehow.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Faurlin Leaving on 10:40 - May 9 with 9324 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Faurlin's Instagram:

After 7 seasons a long journey with some tough difficult spells but with some of the best and more precious moments in my career I write you to say goodbye,I won't comment on the decision. I Just wanna thank everyone at QPR.Thanks to every single person who work behinds the scenes,you all been so important to me and to us the players. But more than nothing massive thanks to the fans,for your support!!for your loyalty especially on the bad moments!I will be eternally grateful for that!! Im really happy and please to have been fit and available for selection all season.Playing 30 games it's a massive bust and motivation for me!! I want more...Im healthy and I wanna play football more than ever!! once again GRACIAS POR TODO my family!! Ursssssss

Faurlin Leaving on 10:42 - May 9 with 9300 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good post. I haven't seen as many games as most on here but I think there's a lot of truth in what you say. Faurlin's looks to me like he could survive in a midfield three but not in a two.

Love him and Hill, but I understand this decision.

Faurlin Leaving on 10:46 - May 9 with 9259 viewsfrancisbowles

Faurlin Leaving on 10:34 - May 9 by DejR_vu

Agreed, which is why I didn't say coaching role. But I think we need his influence around the squad somehow.

Isn't there a vacancy in Steve Black's old role? Lol!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024