Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faurlin Leaving 09:34 - May 9 with 26275 viewsdaveB

according to this

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/junior-hoilett-qpr-contract
Faurlin Leaving on 10:49 - May 9 with 3586 viewsmcqpr10

This is the first time in ages i've been choked by a player leaving. A case of what could of, what should of been with Ale. What a player, what a man coming back from them injuries. I think it may be the right reason for footballing reasons, Jimmy will want an athlete who presses everywhere and he should have no place for sentiment in renewing contracts.

But let's remember the best centre midfielder we've had since Wilkins. Really hope he gets a great club and plays another 200 games. Thank You Ale.
Faurlin Leaving on 10:50 - May 9 with 3576 viewssimmo

Faurlin Leaving on 10:14 - May 9 by DejR_vu

The problem with Faurlin is that he is effectively only half a player. Fantastic on the ball but he can't run and he can't tackle anymore. So we have to have another player who can cover for him which overall is detrimental to the team.

The problem with retaining Hill is, ironically, that you know you can rely on him and so will end up using him more than you should. That's game-time that should be going to someone with a few years ahead of him, not a 37/38 year old, because you're just kicking the can down the road.

If we're serious about putting proper foundations in place and building a team for the long-term it has to be without both of them. Painful to see them go as I think they're both fantastic. In Hill's case in particular I can't think of many players I've ever liked and respected more in 40 years of supporting the club. If he would accept a non-playing role he should be retained in some capacity around the playing staff.

Yeah good post, as is the one mentioning the lack of pressing. Whatever personnel and formation, we know that JFH is all about high intensity and pressing, Ale is exceptional on the ball but has his limitations without it. I'm just pleased that he has this last 30+ game season to point at when looking for a new club because he's have found it difficult before whereas now, he's much less of a risk.

Adios, Ale. An absolutely brilliant and beatiful player who is also a genuinely humble, classy guy. Whoever ends up signing him will reap the rewards and he will struggle to find anybody associated with QPR that won't buy him a pint and sing his praises. Him and Hill are modern day examples of exactly what kind of players you'd want in a team that your children follow.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Faurlin Leaving on 10:52 - May 9 with 3570 viewsfrancisbowles

Faurlin Leaving on 10:15 - May 9 by Maggsinho

Just posted on his Instagram that he's leaving....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFLlpHHKqkg/

Farewell Ale, always welcome back at Loftus Road.

I'm not on this network but have read the post and would like to say thanks Ale, good luck and hope to see you back at LR in the future. Your a big man in many ways and. have proved it again by keeping your counsel on the decision.
Faurlin Leaving on 11:06 - May 9 with 3463 viewsHunterhoop

Faurlin Leaving on 10:49 - May 9 by mcqpr10

This is the first time in ages i've been choked by a player leaving. A case of what could of, what should of been with Ale. What a player, what a man coming back from them injuries. I think it may be the right reason for footballing reasons, Jimmy will want an athlete who presses everywhere and he should have no place for sentiment in renewing contracts.

But let's remember the best centre midfielder we've had since Wilkins. Really hope he gets a great club and plays another 200 games. Thank You Ale.

Well said.
Faurlin Leaving on 11:07 - May 9 with 3459 viewsdaveB

all well and good wanting a pressing game but it's a long season and you need more than one way to win games. A poor decision imo and one that will come back and bite the manager by the end of August.
Faurlin Leaving on 11:09 - May 9 with 3441 viewsNorthernr

Even without the sentimentality of this I think Faurlin and Hill are both just about the best players we have in those positions. They'll need some replacing as footballers first and foremost. Then there's the dressing room influence and care about the club that you lose, the experience to pass onto younger players etc. This will also add pressure to Hasselbaink if he doesn't start next season well.

I'll wait and see who they bring in and how they go but it's a big, risky call.
Faurlin Leaving on 11:10 - May 9 with 3440 viewsFDC

Wow this is sad.
Faurlin Leaving on 11:14 - May 9 with 3402 viewsolderR

I confess to wearing rose tinted specs when it comes to Ale.
I think he is a victim of the modern game, a previous post said he was our best midfielder since Wilkins, true, was Wilkins any quicker around the pitch? I think not but times have changed.
Faurlin was the only player who would move the ball quickly and look for a "killer" pass.
Lets hope he is replaced with someone who can pass as well as he does and not by a couple of Duracell Bunnies with little ability.
Login to get fewer ads

Faurlin Leaving on 11:14 - May 9 with 3399 viewsDeepcutHoop

Faurlin Leaving on 10:49 - May 9 by mcqpr10

Same here. Actually upset by this, and will be really, really sad if Hill goes too. Faurlin is a club legend.

That's an awful lot of heart to rip out in one go.
Faurlin Leaving on 11:19 - May 9 with 3370 viewspaulparker

Sorry but its a bad decision , keep Ali and get rid of Toszer

Ali who has this club at heart who has gone through sheer hell to get back playing who was d1cked around by Arry and who gives us so much when he plays , he makes us tick
the bloke hardly ever wastes a pass , he puts in a shift which is a hell of a lot more than that useless git tozser does ,
if we get the right midfield players around him then I don't see why we cant keep him as a squad player
Im all for athletic players who can get up & down the pitch , but you cant beat a player who has an eye for a pass, who can read the game , that is a rare quality in todays game
I think we may regret this one

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Faurlin Leaving on 11:22 - May 9 with 3352 viewskensalriser

Agree with daveB here. I think most of are aware of Faurlin's weaknesses but he still fought his way back into the team. It is a poor decision considering the relatively small amount of money involved to retain him for a year.

Guess this means Jimmy doesn't rate Luongo, too.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Faurlin Leaving on 11:25 - May 9 with 3330 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Bye Ale. thanks for the great memories.

We should give him another year at least.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Faurlin Leaving on 11:25 - May 9 with 3329 viewsbacardiinbrissie

Sad news for our clubif true.
Jimmy and Les better have a great master plan because if we let him go and start badly, they will be crucified.
Hope Ali gets another decent club and all my best wishes to a true Rangers player who always gave his all for us. Not a bad word to say about him. We wont be the same without him and this could make or break our manager.

Over to you Jimmy ?
Faurlin Leaving on 11:26 - May 9 with 3323 viewsngbqpr

This man is my favourite Rangers player of this century, and is up there next to Stan & Gerry, Les, Macca and a few select others in my list of all time Loftus Road favourites. I loved him from the moment he perfectly executed a first time 30 yard reverse pass in a League Cup tie at Stamford Bridge shortly after arriving . A sublime player, a class act on & off the field, who would surely have gone onto (dare I say it) bigger things than QPR had it not been for the cruciate injuries . So pleased he managed to enjoy a farewell season with us this year playing 30+ times. I understand that the club has to make unsentimental decisions, and feel (JFH, not me) that he's not up to the rigours of another Championship season...but boy I hope they can find a replacement half as good. Ale Faurlin, the antithesis of most modern footballers, thank you - I know you probably won't see this, but I suspect you still have the ‘Faurlin 10’ Argentina shirt which we got for our eldest and which he in turn gave to you on the pitch when celebrating promotion in 2011, and which we saw you proudly clutching on leaving the ground afterwards. Wherever you go next - buena suerte y muchas gracias

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Faurlin Leaving on 11:26 - May 9 with 3320 viewsBostonR

Blimey - what a call by JFH!

I can see the merit in moving on Ale and Henry as they are just too slow. Hill is a harder call as he is fantastic when he plays but therein is the problem as he cannot play a full season. Will be interesting to see what happens with Fer and Sandro - hopefully they will not return! As for the others moving on, I am glad. Hoilett is the biggest waste of space I have seen at R's and only the inept SWP, kept him from being the scapegoat at LR.
In truth we finished mid-table with the current squad of players in a mediocre Championship. With Villa, Norwich and Newcastle coming down and only one of the four play-off teams going up it will be a very tight call next season.
Let's hope the Board and management make the right choices. Given, Polter, Hall and Smithies came in I am confident we are looking in the right direction. You R's!
Faurlin Leaving on 11:31 - May 9 with 2940 viewsHooparoo

Adios Alejandro. 😞

One of the few we've had at LR who actually gave a fck.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Faurlin Leaving on 11:32 - May 9 with 2925 viewsjonno

Faurlin Leaving on 10:14 - May 9 by DejR_vu

The problem with Faurlin is that he is effectively only half a player. Fantastic on the ball but he can't run and he can't tackle anymore. So we have to have another player who can cover for him which overall is detrimental to the team.

The problem with retaining Hill is, ironically, that you know you can rely on him and so will end up using him more than you should. That's game-time that should be going to someone with a few years ahead of him, not a 37/38 year old, because you're just kicking the can down the road.

If we're serious about putting proper foundations in place and building a team for the long-term it has to be without both of them. Painful to see them go as I think they're both fantastic. In Hill's case in particular I can't think of many players I've ever liked and respected more in 40 years of supporting the club. If he would accept a non-playing role he should be retained in some capacity around the playing staff.

Totally agree.
Faurlin Leaving on 11:49 - May 9 with 2819 viewssilky

I know good things must come to an end but I'm so gutted, deeply gutted. He is by far my personal favourite QPR player of all time.

Great to see him get through 30+ games this season a truly remarkable feat given the 3 ACL.

Ale thank you so much for what you have done for us. You really are the highest role model a young guy could wish for!

All the very best for the future.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Faurlin Leaving on 11:52 - May 9 with 2798 viewsnadera78

Massive decision from JFH, that's for sure. He's going to need the replacement midfielder to work out right from the first game of the season or else he's going to face a lot of heat.

As for Faurlin himself, I'm not a happy bunny right now. We all recognise his limitations in terms of mobility and speed, but he's literally the only player we have who can manage a game. His passing is better than anyone at the club, he always offers himself for a return pass, he always looks to move us forward. He's going to be extremely difficult to replace. I hope he finds a new club, and a good at that, he deserves it.
Faurlin Leaving on 11:52 - May 9 with 2798 viewsessextaxiboy

Faurlin Leaving on 11:32 - May 9 by jonno

Totally agree.

Thanks Ale . Adios !!
Faurlin Leaving on 11:54 - May 9 with 2781 viewsMaggsinho

Faurlin Leaving on 11:52 - May 9 by nadera78

Massive decision from JFH, that's for sure. He's going to need the replacement midfielder to work out right from the first game of the season or else he's going to face a lot of heat.

As for Faurlin himself, I'm not a happy bunny right now. We all recognise his limitations in terms of mobility and speed, but he's literally the only player we have who can manage a game. His passing is better than anyone at the club, he always offers himself for a return pass, he always looks to move us forward. He's going to be extremely difficult to replace. I hope he finds a new club, and a good at that, he deserves it.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Rotherham with Warnock.
Faurlin Leaving on 12:05 - May 9 with 2708 viewsbosh67

Faurlin Leaving on 11:09 - May 9 by Northernr

Even without the sentimentality of this I think Faurlin and Hill are both just about the best players we have in those positions. They'll need some replacing as footballers first and foremost. Then there's the dressing room influence and care about the club that you lose, the experience to pass onto younger players etc. This will also add pressure to Hasselbaink if he doesn't start next season well.

I'll wait and see who they bring in and how they go but it's a big, risky call.

It seems like very strange call in terms of Ale after completing a full season. The one full season he has got through and we let him go. I agree, if this is true and it looks like it is, I think JFH is putting a lot of pressure on himself. If he is looking at a player like Lee Tomlins to come in I think he would be a natural replacement. If he thinks Luongo is going to step up and play that role, good luck because right now he isn't good enough. Perhaps Doughty can play the rile but I get the feeling JFH will move him on. Coupled with the fact that in half a season he doesn't seem to have a clue how to link wingers to feed forwards I am not exactly confident. Very big call to lose players who have a positive influence on the younger players. But let's see I guess.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Faurlin Leaving on 12:06 - May 9 with 2704 viewshoof_hearted

Hill and Faurlin are 2 of my favourites of the last few years and it's a shame but budgets and all that. Toszer isn't the answer but is under contract - that's the ffp world we inhabit.

I haven't cried over a footballer since Gerry Francis got carried off right in front of me behind the goal at the Loft end after Alan Ball hacked him down. To see the face of the QPR and England captain (and my hero) contorted in pain shattered my fragile, young life.
Faurlin Leaving on 12:12 - May 9 with 2663 viewshoof_hearted

Faurlin Leaving on 12:05 - May 9 by bosh67

It seems like very strange call in terms of Ale after completing a full season. The one full season he has got through and we let him go. I agree, if this is true and it looks like it is, I think JFH is putting a lot of pressure on himself. If he is looking at a player like Lee Tomlins to come in I think he would be a natural replacement. If he thinks Luongo is going to step up and play that role, good luck because right now he isn't good enough. Perhaps Doughty can play the rile but I get the feeling JFH will move him on. Coupled with the fact that in half a season he doesn't seem to have a clue how to link wingers to feed forwards I am not exactly confident. Very big call to lose players who have a positive influence on the younger players. But let's see I guess.

You can't link wingers to forwards without some midfielders who have the capacity to go forward with them and then get back to defend. It crossed my mind on Saturday that our stilted slow play was actually rooted in Henry and Faurlin. The long pass or hoof is their only option most of the time if the ball is ever going to get upfield.

In JFH I trust - guaranteed until December!

PS Love the new Marty Feldman look. A hint of Gino Padula.
Faurlin Leaving on 12:21 - May 9 with 2600 viewsadhoc_qpr

Gutted to see him go, but i can understand the decision in terms of how his limitations don't work within JFH's preferred style.

At least Faurlin got to play a pretty full season and helped us to stabilize in the Championship, rather than just being quietly released while injured following relegation last summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024