Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faurlin Leaving 09:34 - May 9 with 26253 viewsdaveB

according to this

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/junior-hoilett-qpr-contract
Faurlin Leaving on 16:42 - May 9 with 3838 viewsTheBlob

If you sell Ale I'm going to come lookin' for ya.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Faurlin Leaving on 16:48 - May 9 with 3811 viewshopphoops

If they get contracts in time I hope we can organize friendlies against their new teams for some kind of send-off. They'd probably show us up though...

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Faurlin Leaving on 16:49 - May 9 with 3806 viewsQPRDave

Faurlin Leaving on 16:42 - May 9 by TheBlob

If you sell Ale I'm going to come lookin' for ya.

It's ok Blob, Rangers won't sell him............they're giving him away

[Post edited 9 May 2016 16:52]
Faurlin Leaving on 16:55 - May 9 with 3784 viewsQPRDave

Faurlin Leaving on 11:09 - May 9 by Northernr

Even without the sentimentality of this I think Faurlin and Hill are both just about the best players we have in those positions. They'll need some replacing as footballers first and foremost. Then there's the dressing room influence and care about the club that you lose, the experience to pass onto younger players etc. This will also add pressure to Hasselbaink if he doesn't start next season well.

I'll wait and see who they bring in and how they go but it's a big, risky call.

Thought you would've posted your " Evil Les " line by now!
Faurlin Leaving on 17:27 - May 9 with 3686 viewsHarbour

Can see both going to Rotherham with Neil W. Reading JFH on offie he says Ale could have stayed as a squad player just not playing every week and Ale wanted to play more regularly. Going to miss 2 fantastic players heart and soul of Rangers will be very hard to replace them thanks Ale and Clint for all you did for the rs you will not be forgotten
Faurlin Leaving on 17:32 - May 9 with 3669 viewsAntti_Heinola

Faurlin Leaving on 15:54 - May 9 by paulparker

how do sound hysterical ?? you said it was OOT and I said it wasn't
now wind your neck in

you sound hysterical because i agree with most of what you said but you just went off on one about to hammer the point that I already have sympathy for. As much as I love Ale and Clint, you can't give out contracts for a bloke who does great community work. Chief does much the same, by the way - it's not like he's the only one.
Releasing a player who's nearly 38 and a player who, and he's one of my all time favourites ever - easily making my Favourite QPR XI, let's face it, for all his ability, can't really run anymore, is not ripping the heart and soul out the club. It just isn't. I pretty much agree with everything else you guys are saying - just not that. I'm really sad about it. But JFH can't afford to be sentimental about it. As I said we have to make new hearts and souls sometimes.
Glad you're not hysterical though. Good to know.

Bare bones.

Faurlin Leaving on 17:40 - May 9 with 3637 viewsterryb

Faurlin Leaving on 16:24 - May 9 by LimerickR

Must say I'm very sad to hear this. If only every player gave 100% like they did.

Nice message from Clint to Faurlin on the Instagram post:

I wish them both nothing but good fortune in the future.

That is superb from Clint.

Whatever the rights & wrongs of the decision to release both players, this is a very sad day for all Queens Park Rangers supporters.

Not announcing this last week so they could have received the acclaim they deserved is a major PR blunder by the club. There is no chance that the outome weas not known until today.
Faurlin Leaving on 17:45 - May 9 with 3613 viewsDeepcutHoop

Faurlin Leaving on 17:32 - May 9 by Antti_Heinola

you sound hysterical because i agree with most of what you said but you just went off on one about to hammer the point that I already have sympathy for. As much as I love Ale and Clint, you can't give out contracts for a bloke who does great community work. Chief does much the same, by the way - it's not like he's the only one.
Releasing a player who's nearly 38 and a player who, and he's one of my all time favourites ever - easily making my Favourite QPR XI, let's face it, for all his ability, can't really run anymore, is not ripping the heart and soul out the club. It just isn't. I pretty much agree with everything else you guys are saying - just not that. I'm really sad about it. But JFH can't afford to be sentimental about it. As I said we have to make new hearts and souls sometimes.
Glad you're not hysterical though. Good to know.

Clint is still the man who's come in to shore up a nervous and leaky defence time and again this season.

It would not have been a stupid decision to keep him on for another season, he's proved he is still more than adequate cover.

Clint and Ale are basically the only players in the squad that it felt cared deeply for QPR. To lose both at the same time is a massive loss for the club. Massive.

They can probably be replaced on the pitch. Though as we've seen, that's by no means a guarantee. We will not replace the experience, heart and affinity with the fans that those two had. Not for a long while at least.

Maybe I'm hysterical too, but this is a very sad day for me.
Login to get fewer ads

Faurlin Leaving on 17:58 - May 9 with 3561 viewsted_hendrix

A fabulously skilful player who had a left peg on him, in addition his heading ability (IMO) was bloody top notch.
I hope he gets himself a contract soon, seems like a nice bloke to me who's been through a lot of shit with our club and always came out the other end.
It'll be hard to find another one like him.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Faurlin Leaving on 17:58 - May 9 with 3560 views1BobbyHazell

Ah, shame. Very rare these days to have a universally loved player, never mind two of them.

Thought he'd get an extra year but it sounds like JFH and Ale had a straight up man to man about it and Jimmy was honest enough to say there were no guarantees (which seems right/fair) and Ale was honest enough to say he wanted more. Fair play to both sides if you ask me.

As for Clint, inevitable surely, despite how much he'll be missed, particularly off the pitch. I'm not sure he's been a regular starter since his first season here! Which seems odd and is a testament to who he is as a person to be considered a legend even as a non regular player!

Definite pity they couldn't have a proper send off.

Much love and best of luck to them both.

New heroes are just round the corner...

I hope!
Faurlin Leaving on 18:01 - May 9 with 3550 viewsAntti_Heinola

Faurlin Leaving on 17:45 - May 9 by DeepcutHoop

Clint is still the man who's come in to shore up a nervous and leaky defence time and again this season.

It would not have been a stupid decision to keep him on for another season, he's proved he is still more than adequate cover.

Clint and Ale are basically the only players in the squad that it felt cared deeply for QPR. To lose both at the same time is a massive loss for the club. Massive.

They can probably be replaced on the pitch. Though as we've seen, that's by no means a guarantee. We will not replace the experience, heart and affinity with the fans that those two had. Not for a long while at least.

Maybe I'm hysterical too, but this is a very sad day for me.

Christ, i admit it, i'm hysterical now. Let me spell it out:
1. I love Ale. I went mental on here when it looked like he might not get a new deal 2 yrs sgo. I felt totally depressed at each of his career injuries. I almost cried at the third one. I love him.
2. I love Clint. Been superb again this season. A tremendous leader. A big loss.
3. I WOULD KEEP BOTH OF THEM! I never said it would be a stupid decision to keep them. Look at point one in this week's knee jerks for my eulogy to Clint!
4. BUT i can see JFH's thinking. I don't agree, but i can see it and all season plenty on here have advocated letting these two go.
5. I profoundly disagree that it rips the heart and soul out the club. I know its important to keep players who identify with and love the club and play for the shirt. That's why i was apopleptic when redknapp sold Mackie. But sometimes tough decisions need to be made and JFH must make the ones he believes to be right. When Warnock came, who was heart and soul then? Too early for Ale. Furs had retired i think. Rowly, i guess, who left soon after. But Derry, Hill and Ale became those stalwarts. This is what happens.

Please don't think i think it would be stupid to keep Hill. The truth is the opposite.

Bare bones.

Faurlin Leaving on 18:06 - May 9 with 3526 viewsVancouverHoop

We're supporters for life. Managers last a couple of seasons – if they're lucky.

Over time we build affections, or hatreds, for certain players. Managers have one job only, and there's no place in it for sentiment. The club can't hire someone to manage the team on the basis that certain players are untouchable. JFH can't afford to indulge our feelings for Clint and Ale, nor for that matter, our dislike of Hoilett. If his team doesn't improve next season he'll most likely be shown the door. It's really as simple as that.

It hurts real bad to say farewell players we all loved watching, it's a particular kind of grief I suppose. But through the tears we have to let them go one day. If it's not today then it'd be tomorrow.

Do clubs still do testimonials? I haven't heard of any for a while. If it's possible a Clint & Ale testimonial would be a great thing.
Faurlin Leaving on 18:15 - May 9 with 3487 viewsQPRDave

Faurlin Leaving on 18:15 - May 9 with 3490 viewsR_from_afar

Ale and Clint may be leaving the club but my message to the players that remain is do not be fooled, the standard they set is what we the fans expect of those lucky enough to remain - for playing professional football on £1000s per week is a privilege.

So get stuck in and lets see the unwavering commitment and fierce determination that those two legends showed. Anything less and you can expect a very rough ride from the fans.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Faurlin Leaving on 18:20 - May 9 with 3470 viewsrsonist

Agree with Antti pretty much.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the WLS article gives the impression that the hierarchy (TF and RG presumably) were happy to keep Hill and Faurlin on but that JFH wanted the clean break. So no need to jump to "ripping the soul out of the club" conclusions as if some penny pinchers had stitched them up.

You could say it's less ripping the soul out than JFH ripping the plaster off. Of course it's going to hurt.

To be honest I'm secretly sort of impressed with JFH's cojones here. Whether he succeeds or fails with us it will be down to the same bloody mindedness either way.
Faurlin Leaving on 18:26 - May 9 with 3447 viewsToast_R

I think it comes down to money at the end of the day. I assume a squad player would be offered substantially less bunce so Faurlin has decided to try elsewhere. Can't blame him but same time you can't blame JFH if he doesn't want to use a fair sum of the budget on a player he genuinely feels can't manage a 50 plus game season and let's face it, he probably can't and if he did, he would be at risk of serious injury again.

Sad to see him go out like this as no doubt we all not that long ago thought he'd leave on back of a big transfer fee but life doesn't always work out the way you'd planned. Life does go on though.

Clint Hill has been a great servant and genuine workhorse at a time where too many were taking the club for a ride. Every good thing must come to an end though. He's not going to able to carry on like he has for much longer so perhaps going out now before he becomes a liability we can't admit to, is a wise move.
[Post edited 9 May 2016 18:27]
Faurlin Leaving on 18:26 - May 9 with 3443 viewsdavman

Faurlin Leaving on 14:11 - May 9 by baz_qpr

What Clive says. Huge risk we now have no leaders, no players with strong affinity to the club. This will either go very well or relegation bad

Sorry, baz, but that's such a Message Board reaction - "it will either go very well or relegation bad". Well, maybe it'll, I dunno, just go and make little difference to our League Position next season....

I am not comfortable with the decision, but will reserve judgement until I see whoever they bring in as replacements play. My concern is that if what we have left is the first choice (Luongo, Chery, Toszer, Doughty and more kids) is it for central midfield then ***SHUDDER***. I'd hope to see two first choice CMs come in, two backup CBs and at least 2 strikers. I'd also hope for either Phillips or Hoilett to stay and one other wide player to come in as I just don't see El Khayati or Gladwin stepping up.

Worryingly that's another 7 signings, which is not somewhere I thought we'd be this time last season.

The re-building has started, but sure as hell a'int going to be finished next season. That is not a major problem in itself, but the parachute payments will dry up soon and we may still yet face a transfer embargo for a window or two yet.

I can't help but think that some of our best players will be off leaving us with unproven youngsters with quite a long way to go in their development. As I say, this depends on the replacements...
[Post edited 9 May 2016 18:43]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Faurlin Leaving on 18:29 - May 9 with 3427 viewswombat

Faurlin Leaving on 18:20 - May 9 by rsonist

Agree with Antti pretty much.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the WLS article gives the impression that the hierarchy (TF and RG presumably) were happy to keep Hill and Faurlin on but that JFH wanted the clean break. So no need to jump to "ripping the soul out of the club" conclusions as if some penny pinchers had stitched them up.

You could say it's less ripping the soul out than JFH ripping the plaster off. Of course it's going to hurt.

To be honest I'm secretly sort of impressed with JFH's cojones here. Whether he succeeds or fails with us it will be down to the same bloody mindedness either way.

Anyone got the stats for clean sheets in the team when clint plays ?

Yes his legs were nearly gone but the Brain was still fully functioning

As for ale yes was never graced with great pace but boy he could play a killer ball and when absent from the middle the football is usually pretty shocking .

Can't have been on huge money and the experience they would bring to the squad will be missed more and mot esp if we don't start well

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Faurlin Leaving on 18:43 - May 9 with 3389 viewsCamberleyR

Faurlin Leaving on 18:29 - May 9 by wombat

Anyone got the stats for clean sheets in the team when clint plays ?

Yes his legs were nearly gone but the Brain was still fully functioning

As for ale yes was never graced with great pace but boy he could play a killer ball and when absent from the middle the football is usually pretty shocking .

Can't have been on huge money and the experience they would bring to the squad will be missed more and mot esp if we don't start well

Clint had 15 starts this season and we kept 6 clean sheets. We conceded 15 in those 15 games which was slightly skewed by the thrashing at Brighton.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Faurlin Leaving on 19:00 - May 9 with 3336 viewsingeminate

Faurlin Leaving on 18:43 - May 9 by CamberleyR

Clint had 15 starts this season and we kept 6 clean sheets. We conceded 15 in those 15 games which was slightly skewed by the thrashing at Brighton.

Tricky without knowing the ins and out behind the decision making but on the face of it looks like a bad move.

Personally I'd look to build a team around Faurlin ,letting him dictate the pace and tempo, I think he's still that good.

Hill is a tougher one, love the man too bits and would have hoped he would get a player/coach role, but turning 38 it's an easier one to understand.

I think it is a sad day; they always spoke well about us lot and the club, gave everything and both over-came adversity in their own ways.

If John Terry is everything that is bad about football we had a couple of fellas who were the opposite and I took a bit of pride in that.

New leaders will emerge, but these two will live long in the memory.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Faurlin Leaving on 19:05 - May 9 with 3326 viewsDorse

Only just seen this. Fcuking fcuking fcuking fcuk.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Faurlin Leaving on 20:30 - May 9 with 3130 viewswombat

Faurlin Leaving on 18:43 - May 9 by CamberleyR

Think clint was off the field at Brighton after the first goal went In

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Faurlin Leaving on 20:45 - May 9 with 3081 viewsTGRRRSSS

Truly wish the best to both of them, they are and embody everything supporters want in their players guys hard work, a bit of passion.

SAd for both in their own ways but remember we ultimately support QPR - we probably hated Clint Hill in his Palace days - but now he will be forever wecome (and rightly so) down at Loftus Road.

In the cold light of day both decisions are probably the correct ones in terms of going forward in their different ways.
It is sad but if CH falls of the cliff in October people will be saying "loved him but should have gone in May"... and so the sage of QPR continues...
Faurlin Leaving on 21:10 - May 9 with 3007 viewsjohnhoop

Have had all day to digest and ponder on this and am still appalled by it. Aside from anything else,in the games they played Ale was invariably our best midfielder and Clint our best defender so I'm f--ked if I can see the footballing logic behind it. The fact that we were left unaware of it before Saturday, so we could give them both the send-off they truly deserved, makes me feel robbed of the opportunity to show my appreciation for the amazing service they've both given to the club.
I'm all in favour of the "New Direction" and re-structuring of the club to get rid of the wasters who've been taking the p-ss out of us for years but this, as someone else has said, leaves a nasty taste in the mouth. Maybe JFH had no idea of the esteem in which Ale and Clint were held by the majority of our support but if so then perhaps someone should have had a word in his ear.
Faurlin Leaving on 21:22 - May 9 with 2975 viewsQPR_John

Faurlin Leaving on 18:26 - May 9 by davman

Sorry, baz, but that's such a Message Board reaction - "it will either go very well or relegation bad". Well, maybe it'll, I dunno, just go and make little difference to our League Position next season....

I am not comfortable with the decision, but will reserve judgement until I see whoever they bring in as replacements play. My concern is that if what we have left is the first choice (Luongo, Chery, Toszer, Doughty and more kids) is it for central midfield then ***SHUDDER***. I'd hope to see two first choice CMs come in, two backup CBs and at least 2 strikers. I'd also hope for either Phillips or Hoilett to stay and one other wide player to come in as I just don't see El Khayati or Gladwin stepping up.

Worryingly that's another 7 signings, which is not somewhere I thought we'd be this time last season.

The re-building has started, but sure as hell a'int going to be finished next season. That is not a major problem in itself, but the parachute payments will dry up soon and we may still yet face a transfer embargo for a window or two yet.

I can't help but think that some of our best players will be off leaving us with unproven youngsters with quite a long way to go in their development. As I say, this depends on the replacements...
[Post edited 9 May 2016 18:43]

"and we may still yet face a transfer embargo for a window or two yet. "

Of course looking at it differently if JFH feels he can afford to lose Faurlin he must be sure there are replacement(s) on the way in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024