Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faurlin Leaving 09:34 - May 9 with 26274 viewsdaveB

according to this

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/junior-hoilett-qpr-contract
Faurlin Leaving on 21:47 - May 9 with 3298 viewsbullythebear

I have a sneaky feeling he'll be back with us next season...unless he moves abroad. i just cannot see a club Championship or above taking a risk on him or giving him any sort of contract. Wouldn't be surprised if he's back training with us pre-season and come the transfer window deadline we sign him for another year.
Faurlin Leaving on 22:43 - May 9 with 3199 viewsBklynRanger

Fcuk sake. What bad news that is.

Clint may be old but he's handled himself superbly this season. No idea why he couldn't be retained in a flexible player-coach type role. Hard to believe he wouldn't be up for that.

And Ale! Fcuk sake again. That one hurts. If Ale doesn't deserve at least a place in the squad I'm going to expect us to have one hell of a midfield. The best I can say about it is it's definitely a bold decision.
Faurlin Leaving on 23:21 - May 9 with 3120 viewsCamberleyR

Faurlin Leaving on 20:30 - May 9 by wombat

Think clint was off the field at Brighton after the first goal went In

You're right, he did go off early in that game so makes the stats even better. Makes you wonder where we'd have ended up had he been able to make a full season. In the play offs comfortably I expect.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Faurlin Leaving on 17:15 - May 10 with 2807 viewsTacticalR

Faurlin Leaving on 13:37 - May 9 by CroydonCaptJack

I agree.
On the face of it this would suggest another season of consolidation.

I'm sure anyone who attended the game against Bristol City came away thinking that we are indeed looking at another season of consolidation.

We didn't look anything special, and that was *with* Faurlin.

Like others I am nervous about letting Faurlin go without a sure and certain replacement. It's not TÅ‘zsér, that's for sure.

Air hostess clique

Faurlin Leaving on 17:18 - May 10 with 2791 viewskensalriser

Is Pirlo available?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Faurlin Leaving on 17:42 - May 10 with 2735 viewsdaveB

Faurlin Leaving on 21:47 - May 9 by bullythebear

I have a sneaky feeling he'll be back with us next season...unless he moves abroad. i just cannot see a club Championship or above taking a risk on him or giving him any sort of contract. Wouldn't be surprised if he's back training with us pre-season and come the transfer window deadline we sign him for another year.

not that much of a risk, has hardly missed a game injured all season. Well worth a one year deal and will get one in the Championship or abroad.
Faurlin Leaving on 17:51 - May 10 with 2709 viewsBasingstokeR

Faurlin Leaving on 17:18 - May 10 by kensalriser

Is Pirlo available?

Not enough pace any more, doesn't track the runners in behind. Same problems as people level at Ale!
Faurlin Leaving on 19:05 - May 10 with 2615 viewsQPR_ARG

Faurlin Leaving on 11:26 - May 9 by ngbqpr

This man is my favourite Rangers player of this century, and is up there next to Stan & Gerry, Les, Macca and a few select others in my list of all time Loftus Road favourites. I loved him from the moment he perfectly executed a first time 30 yard reverse pass in a League Cup tie at Stamford Bridge shortly after arriving . A sublime player, a class act on & off the field, who would surely have gone onto (dare I say it) bigger things than QPR had it not been for the cruciate injuries . So pleased he managed to enjoy a farewell season with us this year playing 30+ times. I understand that the club has to make unsentimental decisions, and feel (JFH, not me) that he's not up to the rigours of another Championship season...but boy I hope they can find a replacement half as good. Ale Faurlin, the antithesis of most modern footballers, thank you - I know you probably won't see this, but I suspect you still have the ‘Faurlin 10’ Argentina shirt which we got for our eldest and which he in turn gave to you on the pitch when celebrating promotion in 2011, and which we saw you proudly clutching on leaving the ground afterwards. Wherever you go next - buena suerte y muchas gracias

Ah...but you couldn't be more wrong, mate.

Ale read your message. I sent him a few from here.

This is what he said:

"Seba muy lindo los mensajes de los hinchas!! El cariño y el reconocimiento y sobre todo que se recuerde a la persona y la integridad de uno eso por sobre todo. (....)
Yo a lo mío Seba espero conseguir algo bueno y seguir con lo mío que la verdad tengo muchas ganas de jugar ahora más que nunca... Abrazo"

"Seba...it's very nice to read the messages from the fans! The love and recognition and above all, that they remember the person and his integrity (...)
I have to mind my own business now and I hope I can find something good and continue doing my thing, because to tell you the truth, I want to play football more than ever before."

And then he sends me a manly hug, which I send to you all.

It's a sad day for me. No matter how many times the club has shown me how they treat their best representatives, they can still outdo themselves and surprise us all.

I sincerely hope this ticking bomb Jimmy has just activated, don't explode in his face soon after next season starts.

We'll always be here. Long after Jimmy, Tony and the rest of them are gone. And so will the memories Ale (and Clint) gave us all.
Login to get fewer ads

Faurlin Leaving on 19:14 - May 10 with 2601 viewsHarbour

Faurlin Leaving on 19:05 - May 10 by QPR_ARG

This is what he said:

"Seba muy lindo los mensajes de los hinchas!! El cariño y el reconocimiento y sobre todo que se recuerde a la persona y la integridad de uno eso por sobre todo. (....)
Yo a lo mío Seba espero conseguir algo bueno y seguir con lo mío que la verdad tengo muchas ganas de jugar ahora más que nunca... Abrazo"

"Seba...it's very nice to read the messages from the fans! The love and recognition and above all, that they remember the person and his integrity (...)
I have to mind my own business now and I hope I can find something good and continue doing my thing, because to tell you the truth, I want to play football more than ever before."

It's a sad day for me. No matter how many times the club has shown me how they treat their best representatives, they can still outdo themselves and surprise us all.

I sincerely hope this ticking bomb Jimmy has just activated, don't explode in his face soon after next season starts.

We'll always be here. Long after Jimmy, Tony and the rest of them are gone. And so will the memories Ale (and Clint) gave us all.

Ale and Clint great footballers and served the club so well....and such nice guys too we might not see their kind again at LR good luck to you both and Ale I hope you play for many years and prove JFH wrong
Faurlin Leaving on 19:42 - May 10 with 2556 viewsMrSheen

Ale should consider the A League. It's about League 1 standard and the pace of play is fairly slow as they play in the Aussie summer. The season is only about 8 months and there are no midweek games unless you are in the Asian Champions League. He won't make much money but he might enjoy the experience. I'm sure he'd be a great success.
Faurlin Leaving on 20:23 - May 10 with 2501 viewsHunterhoop

This is what he said:

Well done, Seb. Good on you. Glad Ale got to read some of these messages.

I really hope he leaves rum his club knowing how highly regarded as a servant to QPR, a football, and as a man, he was to the fans.

Our best midfielder since Wilkins and on a different level to his teammates when he was on song. To come back from 3 such horrific injuries, especially when the first almost certainly robbed him of playing for a Top 8 club (and all the trappings that come with it), was a phenomena achievement.

I'm convinced he could still do a job today as a very good Champ midfielder and I struggle to see a replacement who's as good as him who we can realistically sign.

Like you say, a big gamble for JFH. I hope it doesn't backfire for him.

For Ale, I think we'll all look on fondly seeing him succeed somewhere else. He deserves to.
Faurlin Leaving on 09:57 - May 11 with 2309 viewsterryb

This is what he said:

Thank you Seb.

May I ask you to pass this to Ale if you think it is appropriate.

I stated earlier that I would like to pass on my thanks & best wishes to Ale, but as I avoid facebook, twitter, instagram etc. I didn't know how to.

I greeted the signing of Ale with excitement. Why I don't know, especially as all our other signings at that time were on the dire side! Just a hunch I suppose.

I can't even tell you in which match Ale made his first appearance for Rangers, but I recall that from the first time I saw him on the pitch I KNEW that we had signed a player that was far better than our club deserved.

Suddenly, we had someone who was our best header of a ball, our best tackler & our best reader of a game. More importantly, we had our best passer of the ball. And boy, could he pass!

Somehow or other, the club managed to keep the value & ability of Ale under the radar. Indeed, part of our defence over "Faurlingate" was that
this midfield player could not have had great influence on us winning the Championship, coming from Argentina second division. Thank you David Pleat! BUT we knew!

The rest of the country also knew by the time 2011 ended. Until that fateful day in Milton Keynes, Ale Faurlin was supreme in the premier. His displays at Wolves & at home to C*****a were of the highest class.

Whether we would have managed to keep Ale in that January, or at the end of the season, transfer window who knows. The bigger boys were sniffing around & it was only a matter of time before he made his debut for Argentina. Then Barton gets himself sent off against Norwich, depriving Ale of the break that he so needed. Thus Ale played at MK. From memory, I believe Ale said "we were missing the skipper so I had to play"!

The following season, two matches stand out as he tried to make a comeback. At home to Chelsea & away to Tottenham. Until his own goal, we dominated midfield in a way that we hadn't since Ray Wilkins retired from playing.

My feelings when Redknapp didn't name Ale in the squad the following January are unprintable. However, I was pleased that a loan move was arranged so that Ale could play.

Guess who it was who then forced that excuse for a man to bring him back into the side the following season? Suddenly, we started to play a little bit of football. This came to an abrupt end of course when we were at home to Forest. As we all know, another comeback until a game at Burton.

Three cruciate's & still Ale Faurlin came back. What courage, what determination, what character. What a man!

Yet, we move forward to this January & we are playing Forest again. It's the FA Cup so of course we lose! All we hear from Ale though, is how happy he was that a Forest player was able to make his return that day following long term injury. This was the man in a sentence. Caring, full of integrity & with a heart of gold.

I am so disappointed that I will not see you playing for the club I love again. I am so disappointed that the club didn't announce your departure priot to last Saturday. I missed the match through illness, but if I had known that this would be my only chance to say farewell to two great Rangers players, I would have dragged myself to the Bush.

Ale Faurlin & Clint Hill deserved far better than that!

Plaese Seb, keep us updated with how Ale performs for whichever club he graces with his presence. I for one, will be pleased that Ale will be playing rather than sat on a bench. I just wish it was for us!

Ale Faurlin, Queens Park Rangers player of this century, a man worthy of the status of legend & more importantly, a very good bloke. A thank you from my heart. I hope that your future holds the sucess that you deserve.
[Post edited 11 May 2016 10:03]
Faurlin Leaving on 11:04 - May 11 with 2251 viewsjohnhoop

Faurlin Leaving on 09:57 - May 11 by terryb

Thank you Seb.

I stated earlier that I would like to pass on my thanks & best wishes to Ale, but as I avoid facebook, twitter, instagram etc. I didn't know how to.

I greeted the signing of Ale with excitement. Why I don't know, especially as all our other signings at that time were on the dire side! Just a hunch I suppose.

I can't even tell you in which match Ale made his first appearance for Rangers, but I recall that from the first time I saw him on the pitch I KNEW that we had signed a player that was far better than our club deserved.

Suddenly, we had someone who was our best header of a ball, our best tackler & our best reader of a game. More importantly, we had our best passer of the ball. And boy, could he pass!

Somehow or other, the club managed to keep the value & ability of Ale under the radar. Indeed, part of our defence over "Faurlingate" was that
this midfield player could not have had great influence on us winning the Championship, coming from Argentina second division. Thank you David Pleat! BUT we knew!

The rest of the country also knew by the time 2011 ended. Until that fateful day in Milton Keynes, Ale Faurlin was supreme in the premier. His displays at Wolves & at home to C*****a were of the highest class.

Whether we would have managed to keep Ale in that January, or at the end of the season, transfer window who knows. The bigger boys were sniffing around & it was only a matter of time before he made his debut for Argentina. Then Barton gets himself sent off against Norwich, depriving Ale of the break that he so needed. Thus Ale played at MK. From memory, I believe Ale said "we were missing the skipper so I had to play"!

The following season, two matches stand out as he tried to make a comeback. At home to Chelsea & away to Tottenham. Until his own goal, we dominated midfield in a way that we hadn't since Ray Wilkins retired from playing.

My feelings when Redknapp didn't name Ale in the squad the following January are unprintable. However, I was pleased that a loan move was arranged so that Ale could play.

Guess who it was who then forced that excuse for a man to bring him back into the side the following season? Suddenly, we started to play a little bit of football. This came to an abrupt end of course when we were at home to Forest. As we all know, another comeback until a game at Burton.

Three cruciate's & still Ale Faurlin came back. What courage, what determination, what character. What a man!

Yet, we move forward to this January & we are playing Forest again. It's the FA Cup so of course we lose! All we hear from Ale though, is how happy he was that a Forest player was able to make his return that day following long term injury. This was the man in a sentence. Caring, full of integrity & with a heart of gold.

I am so disappointed that I will not see you playing for the club I love again. I am so disappointed that the club didn't announce your departure priot to last Saturday. I missed the match through illness, but if I had known that this would be my only chance to say farewell to two great Rangers players, I would have dragged myself to the Bush.

Plaese Seb, keep us updated with how Ale performs for whichever club he graces with his presence. I for one, will be pleased that Ale will be playing rather than sat on a bench. I just wish it was for us!

Ale Faurlin, Queens Park Rangers player of this century, a man worthy of the status of legend & more importantly, a very good bloke. A thank you from my heart. I hope that your future holds the sucess that you deserve.

Brilliant post Terry. Ale and Clint personify what little still remained of the spirit of Warnock's promotion winning side and without them the club seems a more soulless place. I was there on Saturday but left at the final whistle as like all of us, I was unaware of the significance of it being Ale and Clint's final games. I now feel gutted that I wasn't there to applaud them off the pitch one final time and am now left only with the hope that one or both of them might sign for another Championship club so we can make our feelings plain on their return to LR.
Faurlin Leaving on 14:09 - May 11 with 2112 viewswrinklyhoop

Faurlin Leaving on 09:57 - May 11 by terryb

Thank you Seb.

Spot on! I'm personally gutted the way Ale's been treated. Yes I know we need to move on, but this is really a shot in the foot. I'm assuming JFH has a better replacement up his sleeve, in which case I'll have to eat my words, but not holding my breath. I've never met Ale but it's clear how much he had the Club at heart - he and Mackie turned up to watch the Carlisle game when they weren't playing for example. Heard his various appearances on the podcast, which only helped to confirm what a great bloke he is as well as a terrific footballer. Just know how much you will be missed by the Rs fans Ale, if not by the management.
Faurlin Leaving on 15:08 - May 11 with 2052 viewsbaz_qpr

Faurlin Leaving on 18:26 - May 9 by davman

Sorry, baz, but that's such a Message Board reaction - "it will either go very well or relegation bad". Well, maybe it'll, I dunno, just go and make little difference to our League Position next season....

I am not comfortable with the decision, but will reserve judgement until I see whoever they bring in as replacements play. My concern is that if what we have left is the first choice (Luongo, Chery, Toszer, Doughty and more kids) is it for central midfield then ***SHUDDER***. I'd hope to see two first choice CMs come in, two backup CBs and at least 2 strikers. I'd also hope for either Phillips or Hoilett to stay and one other wide player to come in as I just don't see El Khayati or Gladwin stepping up.

Worryingly that's another 7 signings, which is not somewhere I thought we'd be this time last season.

The re-building has started, but sure as hell a'int going to be finished next season. That is not a major problem in itself, but the parachute payments will dry up soon and we may still yet face a transfer embargo for a window or two yet.

I can't help but think that some of our best players will be off leaving us with unproven youngsters with quite a long way to go in their development. As I say, this depends on the replacements...
[Post edited 9 May 2016 18:43]

I dont think it is, I was away at the weekend so my comment was short as on mobile and on the move.

Lets consider this season and the contribution made by Austin, Hill and Faurlin. If we look at our season and removed these 3 from the squad, their goals and assists, the ability to dictate play and to shore up a defence and organise it, I dont think its unfair to suggest we would be at least 10 points lighter maybe more and in a relegation battle.

I look at the squad now and I dont see leadership. So we are expecting to bring in someone and hit the ground running with teammates they dont know as their natural leader, it might happen of course but its a gamble.

I look at midfield and I dont see anyone capable of dictating a game from midfield. Luongo very disappointingly failed to do it against weaker teams that stood of him and gave him space, instead of driving the game he used the extra space to take extra touches. He may step up to do this, but we dont know. We may buy someone to do this as we did with Toszer but just like with Toszer we may find that the player does not settle or fit. Its a gamble.

We lost Austin in January having played maybe a 1/3 of the season at best. He was our top scorer with 10. We spent a reasonable amount on a striker who had a golden 2 -3 months in his career. Did not fit the system and spent most of the time on the bench or plowing a lone furrow in a role that he was even less suited too than his predecessor. Washington may come off but we certainly need to buy.

We scored 21 goals in this calendar year carry on it that vain and we are on for a mid 40s total which is typical of a relegation candidate.

Back in the 90s we lost one key goal scoring player and got relegated despite having some pretty decent player. In the noughties we had a mediocre team, that could not score and despite a couple of decent centre backs struggled to defend too.

Football is small margins we could bring in 5 players and they all hit the ground running and smash it, a couple of players could have drastic growth over the summer and it might all come together, but I think taking all things into consideration we've lost 3 real key players / characters and fans favourites, and if we dont hit the ground running and have a poor start it could snowball quite easily.
[Post edited 11 May 2016 15:08]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024