Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column 19:24 - May 13 with 3733 viewsNorthernr

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/42845
Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column (n/t) on 19:29 - May 13 with 3720 viewsted_hendrix

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column (n/t) on 19:30 - May 13 with 3715 viewsNorthernr

Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column (n/t) on 19:29 - May 13 by ted_hendrix

Cheers Ted.
Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column on 19:34 - May 13 with 3703 viewsted_hendrix

Don't know what happened there, I was just eating my TV dinner for four whilst thinking about wildebeests hoofs.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column on 20:20 - May 13 with 3620 viewsbosh67

Perfect article. If you needed a corner to find a player from a corner when the side was desperate to conjure something out of nothing to rescue a game, Ale was the man.

I think it was perhaps the thing that Ale wants to play week in week out that means we won't see him here next season. Had he said I can do 20 matches plus when you need me boss, that JFH would have signed him on for another year plus. I really hope he gets a Championship team to do that with. It will be interesting to see if he rejoin Warnock for a year or so up north.

Like you, I think it is a tough decision that may end up being a mistake. I saw 30 minutes out of Tozser that reminded me of Ale all season and Luongo, as good as he may become, is no Ale. Elegant left footed midfielder with vision and an inbuilt ability to link up play don't come along very often. And the best one we've had in years has been let go.

I hope he and Clint return one day to be a big part of this club's future. It feels like it is destiny that they do.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column on 20:57 - May 13 with 3562 viewsBklynRanger

Emotional stuff.

Seriously though, and it was an emotional read anyway, what's Jimmy going to do, get three or four ferocious, angry, prowling, beasts to maraud our midfield all season, fitter than fcuk and with footballing brains beyond their years?

What's the point, in a Championship squad in our league and financial position, of letting Ale go?
[Post edited 14 May 2016 7:12]
Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column on 21:20 - May 13 with 3530 viewsShotKneesHoop

One of the very few modern players who would be allowed into the dressing room with the 66 - 76 teams. A Roy Race sort of career that used to be read about every week in the Beano, Dandy, Hotspur. Recruited for QPR by the Mafia's Greasy Waiter - but identified as Mr QPR with mostly by -and with - the Father, Son and Holy Ghost of the Naughties /Teenies - Hill, Derry, and Taraabt.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column on 21:48 - May 13 with 3497 viewsRoller

I love those pictures of a young Ale playing for the Argentinian Under 17 team, where did you find them?

If we find a player as good as Ale in the next 10 years I'll be thrilled.Even on his off days, we were so much better for his presence on the pitch.
Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column on 00:23 - May 14 with 3368 viewsNorthernr

Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column on 21:48 - May 13 by Roller

I love those pictures of a young Ale playing for the Argentinian Under 17 team, where did you find them?

If we find a player as good as Ale in the next 10 years I'll be thrilled.Even on his off days, we were so much better for his presence on the pitch.

TBH I stuck his name into the Action Images archive, sorted it by date the other way around, looking for some early QPR pics and there were all these Argentina pics in there. Hasty re-write.
Login to get fewer ads

Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column on 13:07 - May 14 with 3069 viewsBens_dad

Brilliant write-up.

I remember the pass at Reading as if it was yesterday.

Great player, lovely bloke.
Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column on 14:25 - May 14 with 3019 viewsAntti_Heinola

I kind of thought he might be let go. I kind of understood it. I kind of accepted it.

Then I read this piece and accepted it no more. It's a mistake. I want him back.

Bare bones.

Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column on 18:50 - May 14 with 2875 viewsenfieldargh

Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column on 14:25 - May 14 by Antti_Heinola

I kind of thought he might be let go. I kind of understood it. I kind of accepted it.

Then I read this piece and accepted it no more. It's a mistake. I want him back.

Same sentiment as you Anti

Loved his pass for Matt Connolly to run onto and score at home v wba, warlocks first game?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column on 09:42 - May 15 with 2693 viewsHonkytonks

Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column on 18:50 - May 14 by enfieldargh

Same sentiment as you Anti

Loved his pass for Matt Connolly to run onto and score at home v wba, warlocks first game?

El madjo he was called in argentina.....honkytonks
Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column on 17:01 - May 15 with 2563 viewsdenhamhoop2

QPR will be a poorer place without Ale Never gave anything less than his best even when having a shocker Still always wanted the ball to pass and move.Don't see how anyone can seriously think Karl Henry is a better option.I would be amazed if he cannot find another Championship side especially one with younger fitter lads to do his running for him.With Clint gone as well thats 2 of the players at the club guaranteed to make you smile when hearing their name read out
Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column on 09:17 - May 16 with 2369 viewssilky

A player I hold in higher regard than even Hill. At least with Hill he had experience in the Champioship. Faurlin had the odds totally stacked against him from day one. New country, new league, new style of play, language barrier and the list goes on. Even the mad house of QPR didn't seem to faze him.

Who would of thought that in 6-7 years time we would be holding this very special player and person in such high regard? He personifies everything I love about this increasingly stale game. He has the passion, commitment and desire to succeed and whatever club takes him on (I still very much hope its QPR) they would of acquired a fantastic naturally talented footballer with a football brain deserved to grace the highest stage. Just such a shame we will never see what potential he could of had even if it wasn't to be with QPR.
3 ACL's and to be able to complete 30 games this season tells you everything you need to know about him!

He is by far my favourite player to of played for Queens Park Rangers (Fan since the early 90's)

Best of luck to you Ale and thank you.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column on 10:08 - May 16 with 2350 viewsDWQPR

I am still angry that JFH has let Ale go, he bloody well better come up with something a whole lot better or my assault on the SKY cameraman will look like a kiss and a hug for what I would do to JFH. I really hope that Ale gets another Championship club and shows JFH what a mistake he has made. A really decent bloke, and very humble.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column on 12:06 - May 16 with 2311 viewspaulparker

im gutted the club didn't announce this before our last game
it would have been nice to have an Ale Faurlin day, with maybe t shirts given out in Argentina colours for everyone
its the least he deserved

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column on 13:00 - May 16 with 2287 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm the same as you, Antti. I understood it originally, but it feels worse as the days go by.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column on 13:35 - May 16 with 2258 viewsEastR

Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column on 12:06 - May 16 by paulparker

im gutted the club didn't announce this before our last game
it would have been nice to have an Ale Faurlin day, with maybe t shirts given out in Argentina colours for everyone
its the least he deserved

Indeed. JFH has handed the great unwashed the stick to beat him with should all not be going well by the middle of Sept

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column on 15:38 - May 16 with 2196 viewsDando

Just have to hope that we are not planning to have Tozser and Henry as our midfield starters. To lose Ale and have them starting would be a disaster
Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column on 19:30 - May 16 with 2126 viewsHarbour

Great piece thanks Clive.. Made a grown man reach for the hankies...Thanks Ale good luck hope to see you back at LR....If we start badly JFH is going to get some stick letting Ale go
Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column on 21:12 - May 16 with 2079 viewswrinklyhoop

Great read and proper tribute to our best player of recent memory. JFH rigid attitude may come back to bite him this time.
Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column on 23:53 - May 16 with 2028 viewsFredManRave

There's really no need to get all hysterical about it, Antti.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column on 00:51 - May 17 with 2015 viewsWilloW4

Well it was never dull - Faurlin Column on 23:53 - May 16 by FredManRave

There's really no need to get all hysterical about it, Antti.

"We just liked watching Faurlin"..."Faurlin..we just liked watching Faurlin"....there's one of our songs next season. Cheers Ale, wish you all best.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024