Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England down under 19:06 - Jun 18 with 7290 viewsCHUBBS

Incredible achievement by the English winning their first ever test series in Oz.
Watching the highlights the defence looked ridiculously good.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/rugby-union/10317784/australia-7-23-

Good weekend for England but poor Ireland have had a mare,terrible in the football then throwing away a big lead in South Africa when on the verge of an amazing series triumph themselves.
Hope they do it in the last test but have the feeling the chance has gone.
England down under on 19:55 - Jun 18 with 7264 viewsted_hendrix

There's something satisfying about beating the Aussies, but there's something extra special about beating them on their own patch that feels bloody good.
Cant see the highlights here in Greece unfortunately but reading the reports the England defence stood solid for about half an hour.
I like Eddie Jones, I like what he say's, he'll do for me.
Here's a snippet;
"But Jones says that his side must focus on whitewashing the Wallabies - just as he believes world champions New Zealand would.
"The boys started talking about it on the field and we're committed to doing that. We want to be the best team in the world," added Jones.
"If the All Blacks were in this situation now, what would they be thinking? They'd be thinking 3-0. If we want to be the best team in the world, we have to think 3-0."

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

England down under on 20:40 - Jun 18 with 7234 viewsCHUBBS

England down under on 19:55 - Jun 18 by ted_hendrix

There's something satisfying about beating the Aussies, but there's something extra special about beating them on their own patch that feels bloody good.
Cant see the highlights here in Greece unfortunately but reading the reports the England defence stood solid for about half an hour.
I like Eddie Jones, I like what he say's, he'll do for me.
Here's a snippet;
"But Jones says that his side must focus on whitewashing the Wallabies - just as he believes world champions New Zealand would.
"The boys started talking about it on the field and we're committed to doing that. We want to be the best team in the world," added Jones.
"If the All Blacks were in this situation now, what would they be thinking? They'd be thinking 3-0. If we want to be the best team in the world, we have to think 3-0."

Jones has been immense,he's made the same group of players far more effective and very tough to beat,all in such a short time period.
He's a very charismatic character who the players clearly respect.
It must really piss them Aussies off to see him return to rub their noses in it.
The thing that's made this tour victory so sweet is the lack of respect the Aussie media have shown toward us but we've had the only laugh that really matters.
England down under on 20:47 - Jun 18 with 7224 viewsHonkytonks

The previous boss Stuart Lancaster was a dour,predictable Yorkshireman.......enough said
England down under on 06:56 - Jun 19 with 7095 viewsozranger

On the other side, and I am saying this as a kiwi living in Oz, the colonists were pretty poor. It also says a lot about the coach, Cheika. I was amazed when he was named coach of the year last year considering that there were certain decisions in his team's favour in the WC and the four-nations tournament requires a big asterisk - Oz played the two good teams at home and the worse away. He is being found out badly now. I would not be surprised if there was not a whitewash. Congrats to England. Well deserved.
England down under on 12:05 - Jun 19 with 6973 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Makes you wonder what could have been if we'd had a decent coach 18 months back.

That said, the monumental defence England displayed was nothing short of Herculean. Each one giving it there all and refusing to buckle. I've been pleasantly surprised by Roy's boys efforts, but this was huge.

And as was said above about beating the Aussies, they can give it out when they win, but they don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

England down under on 12:37 - Jun 19 with 6958 viewsBlueandWhiteRiot

The Aussie are such bad losers as well. i live here and at no point has mentioned how good we played. Its just Eddie Jones is an Aussie. They really are the worst.
England down under on 12:54 - Jun 19 with 6936 viewsstowmarketrange

In the past our defence would've given away so many penalties in a similar situation that we'd would've lost the match.We did give some away but the Aussies thought they'd score a try or two instead of taking the 3 pts.
Well done England.
England down under on 13:20 - Jun 19 with 6912 viewsMrSheen

Waiting for the sequel...

Login to get fewer ads

England down under on 20:27 - Jun 19 with 6813 viewsDWQPR

Watched the highlights this morning and the Welsh touch judge Nigel Owens to me was doing his very best to help the Aussies. Came understuck when alerting the ref to what he thought was obstruction and a shoulder charge against one of our players when the replay clearly showed the Aussie player coming across and in fact trying the very thing that Owens thought that the English player had done. Thankfully the TMO gave England the penalty and not the Aussies from which we went 13-7 up.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

England down under on 00:31 - Jun 20 with 6751 viewsSydneyRs

They absolutely were not expecting this, plenty of arrogance about how much better the southern hemisphere is before the series started. Apart from the first 15 mins or so of the first test, we have battered them. Hats off to Eddie Jones. I had my doubts about him but he's done an amazing job to turn this around after the world cup.

Every chance of thumping them 3-0 now, which would be pretty amazing. We have only ever won 5 times here, including the last two games and the most important one the 2003 world cup final. That's how hard it traditionally is.

They tried all the usual tricks, trying to influence the ref pre-game, moaning about our 'illegal' scrum etc. Their own arrogance in not taking easy points when there was plenty of time to go also cost them. They knew by then that England were defending very well, so why not take an easy 3 points when its on offer?
England down under on 10:58 - Jun 20 with 6671 viewsisawqpratwcity

England down under on 00:31 - Jun 20 by SydneyRs

They absolutely were not expecting this, plenty of arrogance about how much better the southern hemisphere is before the series started. Apart from the first 15 mins or so of the first test, we have battered them. Hats off to Eddie Jones. I had my doubts about him but he's done an amazing job to turn this around after the world cup.

Every chance of thumping them 3-0 now, which would be pretty amazing. We have only ever won 5 times here, including the last two games and the most important one the 2003 world cup final. That's how hard it traditionally is.

They tried all the usual tricks, trying to influence the ref pre-game, moaning about our 'illegal' scrum etc. Their own arrogance in not taking easy points when there was plenty of time to go also cost them. They knew by then that England were defending very well, so why not take an easy 3 points when its on offer?

Arrogance before the series started? Excuse me, but there is still a fair bit now, and deservedly, too. The best you can say from this series is that for the first time in quite a while, there's a northern hemisphere team in the top three, and well done to EJ for that.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

England down under on 11:56 - Jun 20 with 6631 viewsTonto

Given how the Aussies are still whinging about the bodyline cricket tour some 80 odd years later, how long will we have to put up with them whinging about bodyline rugby for?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

England down under on 12:06 - Jun 20 with 6612 viewsPlanetHonneywood

England down under on 11:56 - Jun 20 by Tonto

Given how the Aussies are still whinging about the bodyline cricket tour some 80 odd years later, how long will we have to put up with them whinging about bodyline rugby for?

Probably as long as we'll be discussing our creditline!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

England down under on 12:59 - Jun 20 with 6582 viewssimmo

There seems to be a lof of significance placed on these friendly games.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

England down under on 13:08 - Jun 20 with 6578 viewswhittocksRs

Couldn't care any less about rugby but any time we stuff the Aussies is cause for celebration.
England down under on 14:16 - Jun 20 with 6531 viewsBlackCrowe

England down under on 12:59 - Jun 20 by simmo

There seems to be a lof of significance placed on these friendly games.

That's because they're not friendlies. It's a test series against one of our most fierce rivals.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

England down under on 15:20 - Jun 20 with 6511 viewsW14Hoop

England down under on 14:16 - Jun 20 by BlackCrowe

That's because they're not friendlies. It's a test series against one of our most fierce rivals.

This was a fantastic result, almost the same players that played in the World Cup.

I'd like to know the response from the Aussie press since the game, are they taking it gracefully ?!
England down under on 16:23 - Jun 20 with 6488 viewsisawqpratwcity

England down under on 15:20 - Jun 20 by W14Hoop

This was a fantastic result, almost the same players that played in the World Cup.

I'd like to know the response from the Aussie press since the game, are they taking it gracefully ?!

Knock yourself out.

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-union

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

England down under on 16:51 - Jun 20 with 6472 viewssimmo

England down under on 14:16 - Jun 20 by BlackCrowe

Ah right, fair enough. It's like the ashes but for union, is that right?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

England down under on 17:06 - Jun 20 with 6459 views1BobbyHazell

England down under on 16:51 - Jun 20 by simmo

Ah right, fair enough. It's like the ashes but for union, is that right?

Exactly. Exciting times, all the ingredients in place to be able to build a team that can challenge at the next world cup.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024