Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad 20:44 - Jul 30 with 8907 viewscaliforniahoop

Smithies, Perch, Hall, Loungo, Gladwin, Chery, Polter, + he took Caulker to Spurs as a kid. I also rate JET but I don't think he will make it.
Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 21:16 - Jul 30 with 7255 viewsbosh67

Ramsey is a good number 2. He just isn't a number 1. Pun that as you will.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 21:39 - Jul 30 with 7160 viewscaliforniahoop

You could be right, or in the background spotting the talent, I think retaining his services will turn out to be one of our best signings.
Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 21:47 - Jul 30 with 7126 viewsPunteR

I didn't think he was that bad. Took over at a very difficult time . I didn't think he deserved the stick he got. I think he lost the dressing room and possibly wasn't up to the massive task of turning this club around within half a season.
There's worse people in football and i genuinely thought he was one of the good guys.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 21:51 - Jul 30 with 7105 viewscaliforniahoop

Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 21:47 - Jul 30 by PunteR

I didn't think he was that bad. Took over at a very difficult time . I didn't think he deserved the stick he got. I think he lost the dressing room and possibly wasn't up to the massive task of turning this club around within half a season.
There's worse people in football and i genuinely thought he was one of the good guys.

He lost me after the Forest home game, he dropped Hall and Doughty for Angella and Tozer, that said, I agree with you, the managers job was to big for him, but he is a football man, great knowledge of the game, he will serve us well!
Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 22:01 - Jul 30 with 7068 viewsPunteR

Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 21:51 - Jul 30 by californiahoop

He lost me after the Forest home game, he dropped Hall and Doughty for Angella and Tozer, that said, I agree with you, the managers job was to big for him, but he is a football man, great knowledge of the game, he will serve us well!

To be fair to him though both Tozser and Angella helped Watford win promotion the previous season. The pair of them should have done better.
Hall and Doughty were still young players trying to break into the first team. Ramsey and Ferdinand done well getting Hall to sign for us. Glad Hall is first choice now and in hindsight shouldn't have been dropped in the first place.

Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 22:19 - Jul 30 with 6994 viewsVancouverHoop

Tozser seems to have vanished without a trace. It's weird.

Really highly regarded at Watford, but did nothing for us. A Hungarian international and, initially, part of their Euro squad but in the end never made the bench.

I"m surprised he hasn't had at least a pre-season look-in. JFH has given second (or third) chances to the likes of JET and Caulker, but not Tozser. I mean, unlike Angella, he's our player who we paid real money for. Are there personal off-field issues, or what...?
Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 22:23 - Jul 30 with 6976 viewscaliforniahoop

The reason I was annoyed at the time was because we where on the back of a 3/4 game winning run, never change a winning team.

All of that said, Ramsey has a lot to offer in his new role, I believe an infrastructure is being put in place for the long run.
Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 22:25 - Jul 30 with 6965 viewscaliforniahoop

Tozer is like Faurlin, needs time on the ball and hasn't got the legs for the type of game we are trying to play.
Login to get fewer ads

Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 22:25 - Jul 30 with 6960 viewsPunteR

Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 22:23 - Jul 30 by californiahoop

The reason I was annoyed at the time was because we where on the back of a 3/4 game winning run, never change a winning team.

All of that said, Ramsey has a lot to offer in his new role, I believe an infrastructure is being put in place for the long run.

Agree. I think Ramsey at the club still is a good thing.

Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 22:30 - Jul 30 with 6940 viewsTacticalR

I would have stuck with Ramsey to the end of the season, partly because the club had taken a gamble by not getting an established manager, so Ramsey had to learn on the job (beginning in the Premiership) and therefore needed to be cut some slack, partly because the club was making lots of noises about trying to do things long term, and partly because some of the criticism he was getting was quite demented.

The problem I had was that a lot of our games felt like training games, which wasn't that surprising as we had hired a training game manager.

Perhaps the OP is hinting things haven't changed that much? We still seem to be in 'consolidation mode', and that doesn't look like it's going to change any time soon.

Air hostess clique

Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 22:56 - Jul 30 with 6845 viewscaliforniahoop

I was commenting on his ability to spot a player, he may also be a good coach but never a manager, he use to freeze on the touch line and seldom made changes during the game.

As I said, I believe he is now in the rightfull position and power to the board for making sure that was his fall back position.
Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 23:02 - Jul 30 with 6821 viewsrsonist

He was pretty bad, although fans behaved poorly towards him too.

No idea why he's been given full credit for signings all of a sudden.
Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 23:04 - Jul 30 with 6808 viewsCamberleyR

Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 23:02 - Jul 30 by rsonist

Maybe because he actually signed them in the first place?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 23:34 - Jul 30 with 6742 viewsrsonist

Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 23:04 - Jul 30 by CamberleyR

Maybe because he actually signed them in the first place?

Yes because whoever the manager is at the time is the one solely in charge of the club's transfer strategy. How simplistic can you get. Have you not noticed anything about what's been going on with the club since Redknapp left?
Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 23:43 - Jul 30 with 6714 viewsPunteR

Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 23:02 - Jul 30 by rsonist

I wouldnt give him full credit , i think Les would have something to do with it.

Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 00:07 - Jul 31 with 6677 viewsLblock

I think I'd better not comment here

Back to the Frankie thread I reckon.......

(Frankie & Benny maybe????)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 00:09 - Jul 31 with 6666 viewscaliforniahoop

Quite possible both where involve.
Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 00:14 - Jul 31 with 6655 viewsPunteR

Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 00:07 - Jul 31 by Lblock

I think I'd better not comment here

Back to the Frankie thread I reckon.......

(Frankie & Benny maybe????)

I thought you'd be along in a minute. A Ramsey thread isn't a Ramsey thread until a Benny post. ;) lol.

Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 08:11 - Jul 31 with 6412 viewsLadbrokeR

Spin any way you want. I gave him some time but I have a question where you at Brentford ? How did it feel ? Maybe he's a assistant who knows but he isn't a manager. l block correctly named him Benny for a reason.
Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 09:27 - Jul 31 with 6277 viewspaulparker

Hold up

I'm pretty sure it's LF who is spotting these players and he takes them to the manager
He has said this in countless interviews
Ramsey was a terrible manager he made Roy hodgson look like pep guardiola
What was it 9 wins in 9 months ? He is lucky to still have a job at the club

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 10:27 - Jul 31 with 6171 viewshoopdog

Compere the quality of this summer signings to last summer , building from the back tells me it's probably got more to do with JFH those players brought in last summer couldn't play for Ramsey or didn't want to apart from Hall and Smithies
[Post edited 31 Jul 2016 10:30]
Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 10:30 - Jul 31 with 6164 viewsstevec

I'm just relieved we didn't lose him to the England job, a huge sigh of relief when Big Sam pipped him to it.
Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 12:09 - Jul 31 with 6085 viewsrsonist

Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 10:30 - Jul 31 by stevec

I'm just relieved we didn't lose him to the England job, a huge sigh of relief when Big Sam pipped him to it.

You jest but if I correctly recall Ramsey is so highly regarded he actually writes the exams for the FA coaching badges. Sobering stuff...
Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 12:43 - Jul 31 with 6030 viewsDannytheR

Hardly the first good coach to get over-promoted into management.

Maybe Ramsey wasn't that bad on 13:06 - Jul 31 with 5972 viewsDiscodroids

i miss his smile. Beautiful. we had such a bond..
[Post edited 31 Jul 2016 13:09]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024