Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Caulker 20:09 - Aug 14 with 4173 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Not getting carried away after only two games but fair play to him for overcoming whatever personal challenges he's had and fair play to anyone within the club who has either helped him or shown him faith and support.

If he stays I hope he continues to perform well and if he goes we will benefit financially and I hope he continues in his personal development.

Coaching and management is more than tactic and cones.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Caulker on 21:07 - Aug 14 with 4032 viewsbrokenframe1982

At the moment its like we signed a new player. Lets hope it continues for all concerned.
Caulker on 21:46 - Aug 14 with 3848 viewsPunteR

Well said Brian.

I think showing faith in him, giving him support is a much better way of getting the best out of him rather than trying to just ditch him at every available opportunity.
Obviously he's had to take the initiative but I think the club have done things better this season. I think JFH has made the difference.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Caulker on 21:47 - Aug 14 with 3840 viewsCheshireR

My man of the match today. Defensively he was superb and the goal a nice bonus.
Caulker on 22:13 - Aug 14 with 3701 viewsRed_Ranger

what personal challenges??? £40k a week?
Caulker on 22:14 - Aug 14 with 3696 viewsVancouverHoop

Just talking with a Shrewsbury fan who watches Cardiff now and again and was at the match today. Thought Caulker was "excellent... didn't put a foot wrong... MoM by some distance." Also Cardiff "were made to look very poor," by us.

I'd hope he stays, There's probably a good chance. Right now the team's playing well and he clearly has supportive environment. He's got something to prove to himself and others, and there's probably a better chance of doing it here than at a new club with a different set-up.
Caulker on 22:44 - Aug 14 with 3571 viewsrobith

Caulker on 22:13 - Aug 14 by Red_Ranger

what personal challenges??? £40k a week?

Agreed. If you earn a lot of money you become an automaton invulnerable to negative human emotions
Caulker on 22:45 - Aug 14 with 3565 viewsHayesender

He was immense at the back today, scored a goal, and could of had another two.

Wouldn't have said this a few weeks ago, but I hope we can keep the vultures away this month

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Caulker on 23:26 - Aug 14 with 3417 viewsingeminate

Caulker on 22:44 - Aug 14 by robith

Agreed. If you earn a lot of money you become an automaton invulnerable to negative human emotions

If you earn a lot of money playing football for a living and don't stay in shape, drink too much, basically take the piss out of your club for a long time then it should take more than just a couple of decent games to gain back goodwill.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Login to get fewer ads

Caulker on 00:01 - Aug 15 with 3304 viewsBrixtonR

i saw this the other week and was hoping he will have an immense season

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/05/steven-caulker-sierra-leone-cha
Caulker on 00:27 - Aug 15 with 3228 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Caulker on 00:01 - Aug 15 by BrixtonR

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/05/steven-caulker-sierra-leone-cha

Fantastic.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Caulker on 08:48 - Aug 15 with 2773 viewsBrightonhoop

Delighted for the bloke to be honest. Hope it's the start of a decent season for him.
Caulker on 08:54 - Aug 15 with 2748 viewsstevec

He'd played well up until the infamous Xmas party, god knows what happened there but, if memory serves, most if not all the attendees have since departed the club and maybe that's behind his seemingly new found confidence.

Good luck to him, hope he's found his way again.
Caulker on 09:00 - Aug 15 with 2715 viewspaulparker

well I was wrong as I wanted him bombed out of the club and be made to train in the park doing shuttle runs and avoiding dog poo
its inevitable that he will be sold at the end of the month( typical ) we just have to hope we get a very decent price of at least 12-15 million anything less than that is poor business
if Hanley is 8million & Chester is 10 million then caulker has to be worth more

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Caulker on 09:37 - Aug 15 with 2598 viewsadhoc_qpr

Caulker on 09:00 - Aug 15 by paulparker

well I was wrong as I wanted him bombed out of the club and be made to train in the park doing shuttle runs and avoiding dog poo
its inevitable that he will be sold at the end of the month( typical ) we just have to hope we get a very decent price of at least 12-15 million anything less than that is poor business
if Hanley is 8million & Chester is 10 million then caulker has to be worth more

Nice to see someone work through personal issues and return to form - never usually happens with us, so credit to the player and coaches.

I agree with a couple more good games raising his profile again, the chances are some prem club who has had a poor start will now be in for Caulker around deadline day. Sunderland look a likely candidate with Kone linked with a move away.

Given his wages etc i'd imagine he'll go, but hopefully not on loan and i also can't see him being valued at more the £8m.

Still we already have Lynch in the building, so it wouldn't be a major disaster.
Caulker on 09:50 - Aug 15 with 2573 viewsWatfordR

Caulker on 08:54 - Aug 15 by stevec

He'd played well up until the infamous Xmas party, god knows what happened there but, if memory serves, most if not all the attendees have since departed the club and maybe that's behind his seemingly new found confidence.

Good luck to him, hope he's found his way again.

It isnt a coincidence that having a proper management structure in place around the club has seen an improvement in performance both on and off the pitch and a more professional approach from those involved with it.

A properly planned and implemented pre season has given us a bit of a head start on the pitch, and players have bought into the strong management and leadership they are being provided with. Every positive result we get at this stage of the season simply strengthens the belief and commitment of a youngish squad that doing the right things brings the right rewards.

If Caulker has managed to improve what's going on in his life, it's because he has the inner strength to do so and because something or someone around him has given him the motivation to make better use of the opportunities afforded to him. That may be from within the club, it may not, but having positive, strong leadership around him at the club can only be a benefit.
Caulker on 09:59 - Aug 15 with 2536 viewsElHoop

I think that it has to come from the player in the first place. He's been at enough clubs where presumably he's had the same issues and he's not sorted them out. If he's starting to sort them out now then I would have thought that some stability for a season would be the priority rather than upping sticks and perhaps taking on much more pressure on the pitch. I would like to see him stay as he's looking like a key player in terms of how we're trying to play - tight at the back and nicking enough goals to win games including from set pieces. Why change it?
Caulker on 10:08 - Aug 15 with 2494 viewsblacky200

Caulker on 09:59 - Aug 15 by ElHoop

I think that it has to come from the player in the first place. He's been at enough clubs where presumably he's had the same issues and he's not sorted them out. If he's starting to sort them out now then I would have thought that some stability for a season would be the priority rather than upping sticks and perhaps taking on much more pressure on the pitch. I would like to see him stay as he's looking like a key player in terms of how we're trying to play - tight at the back and nicking enough goals to win games including from set pieces. Why change it?

I'd hope that if he is sorting himself out he realises that he owes us a season of his best football as we spent a lot getting him here which we could of used elsewhere.
Caulker on 11:28 - Aug 15 with 2340 viewsBoston

Good man Caulker.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Caulker on 11:34 - Aug 15 with 2329 viewsRed_Ranger

Caulker on 00:01 - Aug 15 by BrixtonR

good read. respect to the man.
Caulker on 08:13 - Aug 16 with 2084 viewsbrendan

Though it doesn't happen too often, players can sort themselves.
I remember Richard Dunne getting in trouble with Joe Royle at Everton and Kevin Keegan at Man City but went on to have a great career
Caulker on 08:46 - Aug 16 with 2032 viewswestberksr

Caulker on 08:13 - Aug 16 by brendan

Though it doesn't happen too often, players can sort themselves.
I remember Richard Dunne getting in trouble with Joe Royle at Everton and Kevin Keegan at Man City but went on to have a great career

very true, they do sometimes get their shit together.

For him as well as us I hope that's the case; despite all of the money and other bullshit it can't be fun having those sorts of personal demons & issues.
Caulker on 09:06 - Aug 16 with 2012 viewsDANRANGER

Caulker on 08:46 - Aug 16 by westberksr

very true, they do sometimes get their shit together.

For him as well as us I hope that's the case; despite all of the money and other bullshit it can't be fun having those sorts of personal demons & issues.

The price comes down to whether we need to sell. If we don't then we can demand 10m+ but I feel we probably do so we may have to accept around 6-8m. Hope he stays as he is potentially by far the best CB in the league and I hope if he does stay his form does not dip after the window shuts.

If he stays then puts us in a strong position as the defence looks very sound and he brings a confidence and controlling influence that gives our midfield the chance to press high knowing we have a solid base to build from. Could be massive for us. Hope he stays.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024