Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dalian Atkinson 11:18 - Aug 15 with 9359 viewsMaggsinho

Pretty shocking news, Dalian Atkinson has died after being tasered by police in Telford.

Loved him as a player, always hoped we would sign him one day. RIP.
Dalian Atkinson on 11:21 - Aug 15 with 6746 viewsW7Ranger

WTF??!!!
Dalian Atkinson on 11:28 - Aug 15 with 6691 viewspaulparker

funny enough i was talking to a mate about him only the weekend
he was featured in the daily mail about the opening games of the prem league in 1992 , and we were talking about the mazy run he had against Wimbledon when he chipped hans segaers

on a serious note it will be interesting to hear why he was tasered ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Dalian Atkinson on 11:30 - Aug 15 with 6676 viewsBoston

'Shocking' news indeed.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Dalian Atkinson on 11:33 - Aug 15 with 6646 viewsDWQPR

Dalian Atkinson on 11:28 - Aug 15 by paulparker

funny enough i was talking to a mate about him only the weekend
he was featured in the daily mail about the opening games of the prem league in 1992 , and we were talking about the mazy run he had against Wimbledon when he chipped hans segaers

on a serious note it will be interesting to hear why he was tasered ,

According to the Beeb the police were called to attend a man who was endangering himself, police solved the situation. Christ if a bloke is looking to kill himself there surely are better ways than to shoot 50,000 volts his way.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Dalian Atkinson on 11:54 - Aug 15 with 6543 viewsjohncharles

Dalian Atkinson on 11:21 - Aug 15 by W7Ranger

WTF??!!!

Can't add much to that except what the bloody hell is going on. Man allegedly going to kill himself. Police are called and they kill him.

RIP Dalien, you were a terrific footballer
[Post edited 15 Aug 2016 11:55]

Strong and stable my arse.

Dalian Atkinson on 12:30 - Aug 15 with 6377 viewsmarkrtid

Dalian Atkinson on 11:54 - Aug 15 by johncharles

Can't add much to that except what the bloody hell is going on. Man allegedly going to kill himself. Police are called and they kill him.

RIP Dalien, you were a terrific footballer
[Post edited 15 Aug 2016 11:55]

Sad news indeed. What is the world coming to?
The annoying thing is, nobody will be made accountable for it. Those tazers have caused more harm than good.
Dalian Atkinson on 12:46 - Aug 15 with 6320 viewsblacky200

Dalian Atkinson on 12:30 - Aug 15 by markrtid

The annoying thing is, nobody will be made accountable for it. Those tazers have caused more harm than good.

I don't know the details in this case but if you were a police officer and were called to a person threatening to harm themselves or someone else with a weapon would you tackle him armed with nothing more than a small baton?
Its tragic when these things happen but the police have to protect themselves too. Tazers are used fairly frequently in policing all over the world and these outcomes are rare.
Dalian Atkinson on 12:52 - Aug 15 with 6279 viewsGloucs_R

Dalian Atkinson on 12:30 - Aug 15 by markrtid

More harm than good? Prove it.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Login to get fewer ads

Dalian Atkinson on 13:02 - Aug 15 with 6217 viewsmarkrtid

Dalian Atkinson on 12:46 - Aug 15 by blacky200

I don't know the details in this case but if you were a police officer and were called to a person threatening to harm themselves or someone else with a weapon would you tackle him armed with nothing more than a small baton?
Its tragic when these things happen but the police have to protect themselves too. Tazers are used fairly frequently in policing all over the world and these outcomes are rare.

Sorry but I don't agree.
I do accept like you, I don't know much about this particular incident but another man has died through the use of tazers. He isn't the first and sadly, he wont be the last.
Dalian Atkinson on 13:08 - Aug 15 with 6188 viewsmarkrtid

Dalian Atkinson on 12:52 - Aug 15 by Gloucs_R

More harm than good? Prove it.

The use of the tazer was never meant to kill anyone but it has. That's not a very good success rate.
If you are that bothered about proof, look it up yourself.
Dalian Atkinson on 13:12 - Aug 15 with 6165 viewsrsonist

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/nov/05/police-tasers-deaths-the-counted
Dalian Atkinson on 13:13 - Aug 15 with 6156 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The report I heard on the radio was that he died of a heart attack after the incident.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dalian Atkinson on 13:27 - Aug 15 with 6077 viewsmarkrtid

Dalian Atkinson on 13:13 - Aug 15 by BrianMcCarthy

The report I heard on the radio was that he died of a heart attack after the incident.

After the incident or because of the incident? Some peoples heart just cant take it.

I know this might sound like a mute point but legal highs have been controlled. Being a sad owner of a drone is being controlled. Rollerskating in a royal parks have been banned. Them idiots looking for pokomons will soon be banned. (not a bad thing).

That's my last word on it. it will all be whitewashed anyway and it will be yesterdays chip paper.
Dalian Atkinson on 13:31 - Aug 15 with 6052 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Seems a lot of people jumping to conclusions about what happened here.
Dalian Atkinson on 13:53 - Aug 15 with 5955 viewsjohncharles

Dalian Atkinson on 13:31 - Aug 15 by CroydonCaptJack

Seems a lot of people jumping to conclusions about what happened here.

Well there's no doubt he was tasered and he is now dead. The Taser is supposed to be a non-lethal alternative to guns.

Strong and stable my arse.

Dalian Atkinson on 13:57 - Aug 15 with 5926 viewsTonto

If only...

Policeman to man going a bit mental: "excuse me sir would you mind not doing that, particularly in a public place, its scaring some of the locals"

Man going a bit mental to policeman: "I do apologise officer, I shall go home now and behave in an appropriate way. I do hope I have not inconvenienced anybody"

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Dalian Atkinson on 13:58 - Aug 15 with 5920 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Dalian Atkinson on 13:53 - Aug 15 by johncharles

Well there's no doubt he was tasered and he is now dead. The Taser is supposed to be a non-lethal alternative to guns.

Yes, I was referring to the more harm than good stuff really.
Dalian Atkinson on 14:21 - Aug 15 with 5833 viewsToast_R

How tragic.

RIP a footballer who on his day was quite phenomenal.
Dalian Atkinson on 14:37 - Aug 15 with 5767 viewsmarkrtid

Dalian Atkinson on 13:57 - Aug 15 by Tonto

If only...

Policeman to man going a bit mental: "excuse me sir would you mind not doing that, particularly in a public place, its scaring some of the locals"

Man going a bit mental to policeman: "I do apologise officer, I shall go home now and behave in an appropriate way. I do hope I have not inconvenienced anybody"

So you deserve to die then do you Chappers?
Dalian Atkinson on 14:45 - Aug 15 with 5730 viewsPlanetHonneywood

When the dust and hysteria has settled over the use of a tazer gun, there is an issue about a young man purportedly attempting to commit suicide/self-harm and we might be better off looking at the mental health issues first.

Pure speculation, good player, career ends and he has nothing to fall back on. Ends up living in what looks a modest estate by the standards of today's footballers' wages and maybe that unabated fall from grace is something football needs to consider.

Suicide is a criminal offence. We don't know what greeted the officers upon arriving at DA's home, but I rather suspect using the tazer was an attempt to stop him from doing what he was doing, not to finish him off.

We don't know how such voltage would affect any of us, but maybe the level of the voltage needs looking at. Then again, brought down that knife wielding bloke at Leytonstone station a while back so, it does have its uses compared to the preferred modus operandi of law enforces in the US; who just pepper suspects with bullets.

Shame for such a talented person to end their days on earth. Hopefully any family/friends in there are helped as it must have been awful, as it probably was for the officer concerned.

Good player on his day.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Dalian Atkinson on 14:54 - Aug 15 with 5709 viewsblacky200

Dalian Atkinson on 13:53 - Aug 15 by johncharles

According to official figures tazers have been used over 10,000 times in the UK and there have been a small proportion of deaths or permanent injuries. I say this again. If you, or a member of your family were police officers confronted by a dangerous person would you want them to have to tackle that individual?
I have family in police force and have seen first hand the damage that can be done to officers tackling dangerous individuals. I am not commenting on this case as the details are not clear but I would prefer our officers be armed with these to control dangerous people.
It seems at the moment we are all too willing to lay blame on the police when they are there protecting the public.
Dalian Atkinson on 15:09 - Aug 15 with 5669 viewsmarkrtid

Dalian Atkinson on 14:54 - Aug 15 by blacky200

According to official figures tazers have been used over 10,000 times in the UK and there have been a small proportion of deaths or permanent injuries. I say this again. If you, or a member of your family were police officers confronted by a dangerous person would you want them to have to tackle that individual?
I have family in police force and have seen first hand the damage that can be done to officers tackling dangerous individuals. I am not commenting on this case as the details are not clear but I would prefer our officers be armed with these to control dangerous people.
It seems at the moment we are all too willing to lay blame on the police when they are there protecting the public.

Small portion of deaths?
The Tazers was e never meant to kill anyone but lets just roll on hey?

I bet you are the QPR supporting Ranger copper who drank in the
Raven Stamford Brook
I think I know you.
Dalian Atkinson on 15:21 - Aug 15 with 5612 viewspaulparker

Dalian Atkinson on 14:54 - Aug 15 by blacky200

People blame the old bill because they are worse than some of the crooks out there
how many cover ups has there been , how many coppers get away with excessive force? to many is the answer , ? loads and they are the ones we know of
reports say the coppers had tasered him more than once, why ?
also if this statement doesn't scream cover up or "in house" nothing does

"West Mercia Police said the force was unable to provide a detailed explanation as to why they were called and Atkinson's behaviour as the incident has been automatically referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission."

utter bollox

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Dalian Atkinson on 15:37 - Aug 15 with 5555 viewsmarkrtid

Dalian Atkinson on 15:21 - Aug 15 by paulparker

People blame the old bill because they are worse than some of the crooks out there
how many cover ups has there been , how many coppers get away with excessive force? to many is the answer , ? loads and they are the ones we know of
reports say the coppers had tasered him more than once, why ?
also if this statement doesn't scream cover up or "in house" nothing does

"West Mercia Police said the force was unable to provide a detailed explanation as to why they were called and Atkinson's behaviour as the incident has been automatically referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission."

utter bollox

That makes me want to cry.
there is such a long, long journey until the family get the truth.
it will take several years and I just hope they get them sooner rather than later.

Peace
Dalian Atkinson on 15:42 - Aug 15 with 5538 viewsToast_R

A man's just died. Can we not save the dick swinging until the facts are known?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024