Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is offically 10:17 - Aug 21 with 2535 viewsLadbrokeR

A meltdown. With 20 minutes to go in midweek at Barnsley we we're looking 3 straight wins and 9 points. I am sure there are few that were singing the Rs are going up. Fast forward to full time on Saturday and the clock is ticking and Jimmy is being compared Ramsay at his worst. You couldn't make it up.
This is offically on 10:35 - Aug 21 with 2492 viewsjohncharles

Everyone's agreed that yesterday's performance was appalling. Doesn't mean we're calling for JFH's head but someone must take responsibility for the team continuing to hoof the ball into air and into that swirling wind.

Strong and stable my arse.

This is offically on 10:40 - Aug 21 with 2471 viewsbosh67

That's the point though. If Jimmy comes out and says, my bad. Sorry, I take responsibility but we will make this performance a thing of the past... that's fine. It was awful but he leads his team.

But he said the team was tired. 4 games in. I can't believe that.

For one, they had a lovely little sleep between 3-5pm yesterday afternoon.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

This is offically on 10:41 - Aug 21 with 2472 viewsstevec

Meltdowns I can live with.

The apathy amongst an ever dwindling fan base attending games is a much greater concern.
This is offically on 10:52 - Aug 21 with 2445 viewsRangersDave

I'm giving JFH a chance this season, but i'm only giving him 15 games in total.

After then, i might re appraise, depending on further signings, the proper use of players, our fitness and performances......note i'm not saying wins here, as i feel what i've listed is the basics we all want to see.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

This is offically on 11:00 - Aug 21 with 2417 viewsTacticalR

No doubt a lot of the negative reaction is because we started off so well.

However, even after the euphoria of the Leeds game Richard Langley's view on the QPR podcast was (rightly or wrongly) that this was likely to be another season of 'consolidation'.

Clive's preview to this (Preston) game also seems prescient about what the reaction to a home defeat might be:
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/43591/game-four-of-

Air hostess clique

This is offically on 11:16 - Aug 21 with 2369 viewsCroydonCaptJack

It was rubbish yesterday but brilliant v Leeds.
That is the Championship for you and it seems this season is the same as the last few. Cardiff nearly beat Fulham away yesterday and Leeds beat Sheff Wed away. Hopefully we will see more of the Leeds type performance than yesterdays.
This is offically on 11:32 - Aug 21 with 2323 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

This is offically on 11:00 - Aug 21 by TacticalR

No doubt a lot of the negative reaction is because we started off so well.

However, even after the euphoria of the Leeds game Richard Langley's view on the QPR podcast was (rightly or wrongly) that this was likely to be another season of 'consolidation'.

Clive's preview to this (Preston) game also seems prescient about what the reaction to a home defeat might be:
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/43591/game-four-of-

I guess it depends on what your expectations are. I think most (or the majority of the vocal/posters, if not overall majority) believe we should be challenging for promotion every year we aren't in the top flight and, when we are, we should be more than staying up and pushing for top half/Europe.

Personally, I'm looking for steady progress - for me that is a long journey which means finishing a few places better than last season of possible, winning more, turning last minute loses into draws, draws to victories etc. Showing steady development of the team and squad, developing a playing style and building on it. Therefore, I am looking for more consolidation this season with baby steps in the right direction. IMHO if we end up in or near the play offs it'll be a marvellous achievement but I don't think we are anywhere near ready for the Prem, so slow and steady please Rangers.

I will be annoyed if after this season, where the new management team have had an entire pre season and season to do it their way and there has been no progress, but that will have to be tampered with the fact that we are now competing against teams with ever increasing premier league parachute payments.

Right now frustrated that we still seem to swing wildly between being excellent and dreadful, but it's not season changing so it's not ruining my weekend just yet!
This is offically on 12:02 - Aug 21 with 2243 viewsWatfordR

This is offically on 11:32 - Aug 21 by Pablo_Hoopsta

I guess it depends on what your expectations are. I think most (or the majority of the vocal/posters, if not overall majority) believe we should be challenging for promotion every year we aren't in the top flight and, when we are, we should be more than staying up and pushing for top half/Europe.

Personally, I'm looking for steady progress - for me that is a long journey which means finishing a few places better than last season of possible, winning more, turning last minute loses into draws, draws to victories etc. Showing steady development of the team and squad, developing a playing style and building on it. Therefore, I am looking for more consolidation this season with baby steps in the right direction. IMHO if we end up in or near the play offs it'll be a marvellous achievement but I don't think we are anywhere near ready for the Prem, so slow and steady please Rangers.

I will be annoyed if after this season, where the new management team have had an entire pre season and season to do it their way and there has been no progress, but that will have to be tampered with the fact that we are now competing against teams with ever increasing premier league parachute payments.

Right now frustrated that we still seem to swing wildly between being excellent and dreadful, but it's not season changing so it's not ruining my weekend just yet!

Agree 100% that as a club we aren't ready for the Prem. In fact I believe promotion would simply put us in a position where all the hard work being done to improve us would in all likelihood be thrown out the window.

Leave JFH, LF and LH to get on with what they are doing, and just accept that if we want "our Rangers back", that will take some time. We don't NEED to be in the Prem, our owners fortunately give us some financial comfort. I'd rather we took our time to try and get it right.
Login to get fewer ads

This is offically on 12:25 - Aug 21 with 2179 viewsRanger78

This is offically on 12:02 - Aug 21 by WatfordR

Agree 100% that as a club we aren't ready for the Prem. In fact I believe promotion would simply put us in a position where all the hard work being done to improve us would in all likelihood be thrown out the window.

Leave JFH, LF and LH to get on with what they are doing, and just accept that if we want "our Rangers back", that will take some time. We don't NEED to be in the Prem, our owners fortunately give us some financial comfort. I'd rather we took our time to try and get it right.

Bang on.

Yesterday was horrible but it happens. I still believe we're on the right path and yesterday's kind of performance will be in the minority this season
This is offically on 14:39 - Aug 21 with 1965 viewsVancouverHoop

We conceded the first goal in the last two matches. When that happens there's a 7—1 chance a team will go on to lose, and only 1-5 they'll fight back for a draw. Our first two games we scored first and looked really comfortable.

It's early season, results are always likely to be all over the shop, and it's hard playing from behind. Every coach preaches sticking with the game-plan and not changing anything. But players are human, heads will drop, they'll over-reach, try to take a player on rather than look for an open man, and – when all else fails – yes, welly it desperately up to the big lad. Take a breath, shake your head, moan to your best mate, and forget it. Go watch a movie, read a book, water the garden.

Then rinse and repeat next week.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2016 14:40]
This is offically on 14:51 - Aug 21 with 1933 viewsHooped_Pullie

Not sure I go with the analysis. Two wins, two losses, one win, one loss…continue in this sort of vein and we'll be very lucky to finish in mid-table in this division. Not many fans will be happy to see us risk being drawn into the scrap at the bottom which will inevitably develop.

Lack of resources, off-field issues or historic failure do NOT bar teams from success : Leicester proved that last season, and - in a smaller way - you only have to look at how Hull City are performing currently to see the truth of that. You could add in Rotherham's resurrection last season if you want a non-Prem example.

Ok, so we won't be spending big on transfers or wages. I don't believe that big spending for small clubs is necessarily a bad thing, but it was done so badly recently with us that I can understand the aversion. We need to be getting the best out of what we have - and what we do bring in - and, boring as it sounds, that buck stops with management. Look at Burnley - financially canny, accepting the yo-yo (if trying hard not to), well run and well set up for the foreseeable future. We must aim for this, it's the only sensible option.

I am starting to lose faith in the current management, I would though love to be wrong to do so. Results & performances were dreadful when JFH took over, but the sensible thing to do was to give the man time.

How much longer he needs, and how much longer he has, we will see.
This is offically on 14:56 - Aug 21 with 1917 viewsWatford_Ranger

This is offically on 14:51 - Aug 21 by Hooped_Pullie

Not sure I go with the analysis. Two wins, two losses, one win, one loss…continue in this sort of vein and we'll be very lucky to finish in mid-table in this division. Not many fans will be happy to see us risk being drawn into the scrap at the bottom which will inevitably develop.

Lack of resources, off-field issues or historic failure do NOT bar teams from success : Leicester proved that last season, and - in a smaller way - you only have to look at how Hull City are performing currently to see the truth of that. You could add in Rotherham's resurrection last season if you want a non-Prem example.

Ok, so we won't be spending big on transfers or wages. I don't believe that big spending for small clubs is necessarily a bad thing, but it was done so badly recently with us that I can understand the aversion. We need to be getting the best out of what we have - and what we do bring in - and, boring as it sounds, that buck stops with management. Look at Burnley - financially canny, accepting the yo-yo (if trying hard not to), well run and well set up for the foreseeable future. We must aim for this, it's the only sensible option.

I am starting to lose faith in the current management, I would though love to be wrong to do so. Results & performances were dreadful when JFH took over, but the sensible thing to do was to give the man time.

How much longer he needs, and how much longer he has, we will see.

If we won 23 and lost 23 we'd be pushing for the playoffs and about 20 points clear of relegation.
This is offically on 15:05 - Aug 21 with 1884 viewsHooped_Pullie

This is offically on 14:56 - Aug 21 by Watford_Ranger

If we won 23 and lost 23 we'd be pushing for the playoffs and about 20 points clear of relegation.

Not really intending to be exact about the pattern, more a commentary on the general perils of inconsistency.
This is offically on 15:11 - Aug 21 with 1864 viewsWatford_Ranger

This is offically on 15:05 - Aug 21 by Hooped_Pullie

Not really intending to be exact about the pattern, more a commentary on the general perils of inconsistency.

Plenty of teams will be worse than inconsistent. Most of the division is inconsistent with maybe three or four teams a bit better and half a dozen normally just plain old crap.
This is offically on 07:59 - Aug 22 with 1520 viewsDANRANGER

This is the QPR message board right? Thought I'd logged in to Chelsea or Man U for a minute. Assuming some of these posts are not tongue in cheek, some what amazed to see what I'm reading. I get this is a forum to voice any opinion but surely overall we've started the season well and there are enough positives to think we can build a reasonable side and have some enjoyment this season.

There are too many stronger sides in this league for us to expect to finish top 6 and we need a lot of the aspects Leicester had if we are to do so but 1 extremely poor performance surely doesn't lead to posts saying the manage has 15 games etc.

The team is young, trying to develop a new system so you will get bad days. It's how we react to those and support the team that matters. We are all disappointed but we are 6th and still in the cup and the team is not yet the finished article.
This is offically on 08:37 - Aug 22 with 1481 viewsTacticalR

@DANRANGER 'This is the QPR message board right? Thought I'd logged in to Chelsea or Man U for a minute.'

Meltdowns are essential to the emotional well-being of the modern football fan and should be handled in a supportive environment.

Air hostess clique

This is offically on 08:41 - Aug 22 with 1472 viewsDANRANGER

This is offically on 08:37 - Aug 22 by TacticalR

@DANRANGER 'This is the QPR message board right? Thought I'd logged in to Chelsea or Man U for a minute.'

Meltdowns are essential to the emotional well-being of the modern football fan and should be handled in a supportive environment.

Noted.
This is offically on 08:45 - Aug 22 with 1466 viewsjohncharles

This is offically on 08:37 - Aug 22 by TacticalR

We have to put this meltdown behind us. We've got another one coming up tomorrow.

This is offically on 09:37 - Aug 22 with 1430 viewsrobith

Me after the game: Well, that was a disappointing performance and a very lacklustre game

Comes online: "top 3 worst QPR performance ever" "Every player was a zero"

Really hate how much of a zero sum game modern football seems to be
This is offically on 09:41 - Aug 22 with 1417 viewsBrianMcCarthy

This is offically on 08:45 - Aug 22 by johncharles

We have to put this meltdown behind us. We've got another one coming up tomorrow.

I'm really worried that we won't be finished this meltdown in time.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

This is offically on 09:48 - Aug 22 with 1402 viewsMytch_QPR

This is offically on 09:41 - Aug 22 by BrianMcCarthy

What I don't understand is how this meltdown is 'official'. There's nothing on the official web site and there was no siren or notice in The Times.

Is it possible that this is a false meltdown or a 'drill' to prepare us for future (larger) meltdowns.

Nevertheless, I will stay in my bunker, awaiting further instructions.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

This is offically on 09:55 - Aug 22 with 1389 viewsGloucs_R

Didnt Pearson take 18 months before Leicester were in a position to challenge? If so, the start of next season should be fun!

Poll: Are we staying up?

This is offically on 09:59 - Aug 22 with 1374 viewsA40Bosh

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

This is offically on 11:04 - Aug 22 with 1307 viewsDorse

Has anyone done a time and motion study on this? We can't afford a meltdown pile-up this early in the season otherwise we'll be out of gas by Christmas.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

This is offically on 11:53 - Aug 22 with 1257 viewsjohncharles

If we carry on like this we'll all be too tired to meltdown for the full 90 minutes
[Post edited 22 Aug 2016 11:54]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024