Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
N/T Changing fibre broadband 17:13 - Aug 26 with 1298 viewsdanehoop

Welcome advice on peoples experience with changing fibre broadband and telephone. We have been with BT superfast broadband for past 2 years. Had generally been ok, but price is now really high so looking to switch someone else for less. Virgin aren't an option as they don't have fibre laid where we are. Looking at PlusNet who seem to be well regarded and cheaper than their parent company (BT).

Welcome any thoughts or feedback from anyone on PlusNet or other options.

Never knowingly understood

N/T Changing fibre broadband on 17:41 - Aug 26 with 1282 viewsTripper

Had Plusnet Fibre for a couple if years and had no problems at all. I've found customer services good and no major waiting times but I have a business account so it's a different team.

Got Sky Fibre for my parents a year ago and there's been no problem with that either.
N/T Changing fibre broadband on 21:36 - Aug 26 with 1205 viewsLongsufferingR

Switched from BT to plusnet a year ago for the same reason as you. Customer service is good, although you do have a bit of a wait at times. IP is dynamic, so I have had one or two minor issues, eg being barred from some bookies' websites temporarily as plusnet had allocated an IP address that had recently been used in the US and apparently it can take time for systems to be updated, so the sites I was trying to access thought I was in the US!!

Generally good though, but I wouldn't rule out moving again if prices start to rise and I can get an attractive deal elsewhere.

I did call BT three times before leaving to see if I could get a better deal and was only ever offered £1 per month off. After I left, they called me three times to try and get me to come back. After their derisory offers before I left, I told them to get facked.
N/T Changing fibre broadband on 21:53 - Aug 26 with 1188 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Been with Plusnet for two years and not had a problem. Use their forums for problems, the admins there can deal with issues much better than on the phone so I've read.

Only thing is the upload speed on some of their bundles, they've really lowered it quite a bit. Not a bother for me as I don't game.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2016 9:25]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024