Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Springbok/ Queens Tavern 09:10 - Sep 10 with 10937 viewsSW17_RRR

I've heard some bad reports on the newly opened Queens Tavern; terrible beer, only two choices Guniness & fosters. Anyone on here been in there as yet?
Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 09:32 - Sep 10 with 9320 viewsNorthernr

Was going to pop in before the forum on Weds but it was closed, at 630 on a Wednesday :-/
Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 09:56 - Sep 10 with 9257 viewsSW17_RRR

I'd Imagine it's going to be closed full stop in the not too distant future..........
Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 10:03 - Sep 10 with 9235 viewsRickyDicky

Not been in for a few years since I was in there with my teen kids and saw knobbers snorting a white powder in the bogs.

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 11:48 - Sep 10 with 9077 viewsonlyrinmoray

I will be down on Tues for the game I always go to the Richmond always a nice crowd and plenty of choice for beers.
Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 12:07 - Sep 10 with 9030 viewsBakes

Been in there twice now both times In the upstairs bar, the "Beer" is horrific, I know you can't expect much from Fosters in plastic but you would expect it to be drinkable at £4.60 a pint. It wasn't cold enough and smelt off so asked for a new one, second one smelt identical. Left it and went in the ground, next game I thought I'd give it another go, once again I wasn't able to finish it, something about it just isn't right. They had a chance to do a good job on it, could make a killing but can't see it lasting. And that Badge on the signage isn't helping.

***Edit - went in today downstairs bar and beer was spot on, Nice pint of Staropramen, Coors light also on offer. ***
[Post edited 10 Sep 2016 18:37]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 20:36 - Sep 10 with 8676 viewsRickyDicky

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 10:03 - Sep 10 by RickyDicky

Not been in for a few years since I was in there with my teen kids and saw knobbers snorting a white powder in the bogs.

Despite my reservations I went in there today and I can confirm the guiness is shite. How can you screw up guiness, it's a keg beer ! FFS.

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 22:03 - Sep 10 with 8530 viewsCiderwithRsie

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 20:36 - Sep 10 by RickyDicky

Despite my reservations I went in there today and I can confirm the guiness is shite. How can you screw up guiness, it's a keg beer ! FFS.

It's dead easy to screw up Guinness, most pubs in Britain do, as anyone who's drunk it in Ireland can tell you.
Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 22:51 - Sep 10 with 8451 viewsRickyDicky

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 22:03 - Sep 10 by CiderwithRsie

It's dead easy to screw up Guinness, most pubs in Britain do, as anyone who's drunk it in Ireland can tell you.

I agree with you about Irish Guinness, it is the best, but it can and should be fairly good here.

Login to get fewer ads

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 22:57 - Sep 10 with 8437 viewsWilloW4

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 22:03 - Sep 10 by CiderwithRsie

Absolutely correct ciderwithRise... I wouldn't entertain going in the 'springbok', never liked it back in the day.. Many pubs in Britain do indeed screw up Guinness and it drives me nuts, it's not hard to look after and pour correctly, but most pubs just can't be arsed.. Having said that, we popped into 'o'donahughes' on the Goldhawk Road today for a few pints of the black stuff and it was terrific ..reasonably priced and good staff too... Recommend for a pre match tipple.
Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 23:07 - Sep 10 with 8407 viewsCiderwithRsie

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 22:51 - Sep 10 by RickyDicky

I agree with you about Irish Guinness, it is the best, but it can and should be fairly good here.

Yes, I see what you mean - it's a good fall-back in a pub where you expect the beer to be generally rubbish.

TBH the Springbok has always been pretty terrible and TBF to the management it hasn't got a lot going for it. Sad that so many really good pubs are getting shut down and turned into flats. One of the tragedies of our time.
Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 23:59 - Sep 10 with 8358 viewsmase

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 12:07 - Sep 10 by Bakes

Been in there twice now both times In the upstairs bar, the "Beer" is horrific, I know you can't expect much from Fosters in plastic but you would expect it to be drinkable at £4.60 a pint. It wasn't cold enough and smelt off so asked for a new one, second one smelt identical. Left it and went in the ground, next game I thought I'd give it another go, once again I wasn't able to finish it, something about it just isn't right. They had a chance to do a good job on it, could make a killing but can't see it lasting. And that Badge on the signage isn't helping.

***Edit - went in today downstairs bar and beer was spot on, Nice pint of Staropramen, Coors light also on offer. ***
[Post edited 10 Sep 2016 18:37]

Still no proper beer, then? Why anyone drinks Coors Light is a genuine mystery to me
Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 00:06 - Sep 11 with 8338 viewsBoston

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 23:59 - Sep 10 by mase

Still no proper beer, then? Why anyone drinks Coors Light is a genuine mystery to me

...coz they run out of lemonade.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 00:20 - Sep 11 with 8309 viewsmase

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 00:06 - Sep 11 by Boston

...coz they run out of lemonade.

All the same, surely you would drink your own piss in preference to someone else's?
Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 00:57 - Sep 11 with 8255 viewsHollowayRanger

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 01:30 - Sep 11 with 8231 viewsQPRHoop

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 23:59 - Sep 10 by mase

I like it. One of my beers of choice especially in a bottle. Sorry I'm not hipster enough to like the ale on offer.
Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 07:46 - Sep 11 with 8143 viewsmase

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 01:30 - Sep 11 by QPRHoop

I like it. One of my beers of choice especially in a bottle. Sorry I'm not hipster enough to like the ale on offer.

There is no ale on offer, whether cask or keg. And you don't need to be a hipster to enjoy a drink that tastes of something other than cold.
Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 08:55 - Sep 11 with 8035 viewsRickyDicky

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 22:57 - Sep 10 by WilloW4

Absolutely correct ciderwithRise... I wouldn't entertain going in the 'springbok', never liked it back in the day.. Many pubs in Britain do indeed screw up Guinness and it drives me nuts, it's not hard to look after and pour correctly, but most pubs just can't be arsed.. Having said that, we popped into 'o'donahughes' on the Goldhawk Road today for a few pints of the black stuff and it was terrific ..reasonably priced and good staff too... Recommend for a pre match tipple.

If you like a stout try a pint of the draught "Jet Black Heart" in the Brewdog pub. Excellent although a little pricey.

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 10:20 - Sep 11 with 7911 viewsstowmarketrange

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 00:57 - Sep 11 by HollowayRanger

There were a few pubs like that in the west end of Newcastle when I moved up there in 1988.
It was more like a Wild West saloon walking into the Benwell arms for the first time.
Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 21:51 - Sep 11 with 7657 viewswelwynranger

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 00:57 - Sep 11 by HollowayRanger

Reminds me of an episode of Eastenders from a couple of years ago. A new character came into the Queen Vic looking for someone. After asking and being ignored by about 5 people he shouts " I feel about as welcome as a Chelsea fan at Loftus Road. Made me laugh
Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 22:13 - Sep 11 with 7617 viewsToast_R

Beer grrr.
Ive actually gone right off Fosters. Gives me bad guts and a head ache.
Heineken usually but failing that, a Becks.
Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 22:18 - Sep 11 with 7608 viewsconnell10

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 07:46 - Sep 11 by mase

There is no ale on offer, whether cask or keg. And you don't need to be a hipster to enjoy a drink that tastes of something other than cold.

REAL ALE ALERT, REAL ALE ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 15:50 - Sep 12 with 7273 viewsHendonHoop

Sadly these days nothing stays the same. In most Towns now , the Pubs are either closed down or boarded up or are just shadows of their former glory. I too always Head for Kew/Richmond after games. The Bell And Crown at Kew Bridge is a great Pub as well as the Shaftesbury in Richmond is nice as well.
Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 16:08 - Sep 12 with 7238 viewsDorse

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 16:50 - Sep 12 with 7178 viewsQPRinCT

Got my profile image at Springbok. Was only there once, but enjoyed the beers there. Can't beat the convenience.
Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 17:41 - Sep 12 with 7108 viewsA40Bosh

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 16:08 - Sep 12 by Dorse

I spent most of the last year drinking various ales after switching from lager because I can't stand the watery taste of most of the weaker stuff and the nice stuff like Peroni and 1664 kills my sinuses.

However, since drinking ale I have put on 14st in 6 months and my feet are starting to rot and stink which I have been told could be down to yeast infections from drinking ale as it happens to the unfortunate few.

Now have to change again to Hendricks with Slimline Tonic with a garnish of thinly sliced cucumber until I can fit in to my clothes again!!!!!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024