Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hasselbaink 17:13 - Sep 10 with 8277 viewsDWQPR

I must admit that I am getting totally fed up with the negative tactics this bloke employs. Against a team that are rock bottom and let in 10 goals we spent the first 45 minutes just playing the ball around the back line with more balls going back to Smithies and Chery dropping deeper and deeper. The second half was marginally better but once we scored we dropped deep again inviting Blackburn onto us and they got what they deserved and quite frankly could have won it. Their goal came from a cleared cross from a corner and they got that opportunity because Haseelbaink insists on having all eleven players back, there is no relief from clearing corners, the ball comes straight back.

After the Leeds game, whereby we pressed all match and looked a very good side, today after two weeks rest we look half-hearted again. I really don't understand it. There is a very decent team in that squad somewhere, a very exciting team in there but they are being held back in my opinion.

Shodipo's performance for me was that of a MOTM and made a mockery of JFH decision to play Cousins there after the Cardiff game. This kid has got it, he can take defenders on and get in crosses and can see a pass. Sure he will have bad games but he gave us width today which we have been badly lacking. El Khayati on the other hand is very weak and is no more than a League One player. Washington for me is a very decent player and did well in the second half but I feel that Hasselbaink won't get the best out of him. At this time I want to see good attacking football, exciting football and scoring some great goals. Again today was from a set-piece, we must be creating some kind of record. If we are negative again against Newcastle we will get a good stuffing.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Hasselbaink on 17:21 - Sep 10 with 4559 viewsDeepcutHoop

I really really hope we have a bit more patience this year as fans than we did last season.
Hasselbaink on 17:30 - Sep 10 with 4471 viewsDiscodroids

Even at this early stage of the season and after a 2 week break , i was adding up the players unavailable; injured robinson, the bloke must be in a sensory deprivation tank or something, lynch( again) , Mackie and gladwin all missing , wszolek,and ngbakato unavailable and sandro and Petresso in the ether.

I dont think JFH knows his first choice 11, i certainly dont, and trying to crowbar the above into the matchday 18 would be Harder than re inventing Max Clifford As the next pontiff.

I dont know LFW, i used to erupt in gamma ray rage under Arthur English and then under Ramsey, but under JFH im cool daddy mancat.

Talking about QPR these days gets the blood up as much as talking about putting my new skirting boards in and what countersink screws to use with my neighbor.

We' ll be that unopened tin of misty buff emulsion in the attic this season,and i accept that with a smile on my face..nice and boring.Safe and sound.

Easy for me to be indifferent over the entertainment value, i only go to 5 or 6 games a year. I might feel different if i was laying out hard earned every week.

Id be interested to hear peoples views on ELK, is he our stan lazaridis ?,.i.e weak as the skin on the top of a diabetics piss. im hoping wszloek stakes his place asap.

Oh well, Kell brook , Tapas and a few beers later tonight.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2016 17:39]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Hasselbaink on 17:32 - Sep 10 with 4459 viewsDWQPR

Hasselbaink on 17:21 - Sep 10 by DeepcutHoop

I really really hope we have a bit more patience this year as fans than we did last season.

For me it is not about impatience but some glaringly negative tactics that he continues to employ whilst getting the squad of players of his choosing. Defending corners, you don't need to be in the penalty box to defend the cross, by having a couple of players on the halfway line then you are more likely to stop the other side getting a second chance to cross and an equal chance of a breakaway. It is so ball achingly obvious. As said before, Shodipo for me was MOTM, he did well against Leeds and Cardiff and was again for me MOTM against Rochdale, yet after these games he was benched. Let the kid free, so what if he is only 18, Clive Allen, Paul Goddard, Wayne Fereday, Kevin Gallen were all kids when they got into the team and established themselves. This kid has got talent and he had a good footballing brain.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Hasselbaink on 17:44 - Sep 10 with 4351 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Do you think Nasser and Washington are only League One at best?
if so, why did we buy them?
Hasselbaink on 17:46 - Sep 10 with 4323 viewsstuabd

Hasselbaink on 17:32 - Sep 10 by DWQPR

For me it is not about impatience but some glaringly negative tactics that he continues to employ whilst getting the squad of players of his choosing. Defending corners, you don't need to be in the penalty box to defend the cross, by having a couple of players on the halfway line then you are more likely to stop the other side getting a second chance to cross and an equal chance of a breakaway. It is so ball achingly obvious. As said before, Shodipo for me was MOTM, he did well against Leeds and Cardiff and was again for me MOTM against Rochdale, yet after these games he was benched. Let the kid free, so what if he is only 18, Clive Allen, Paul Goddard, Wayne Fereday, Kevin Gallen were all kids when they got into the team and established themselves. This kid has got talent and he had a good footballing brain.

Sounds frustrating watching that, but hopefully the good work they're doing on the training ground will shine through soon.

re Shodipo, you could argue that the way Jimmy is managing him is working as he's putting in some good performances. If he played him every game and suddenly lost form/confidence or got injured people would still blame Jimmy for pushing a young player too hard. It's a hard call for the manager on that one.
Hasselbaink on 17:54 - Sep 10 with 4260 viewsdodge_stoke_r

I don't know the answer because if I did, I wouldn't be in the job that I am, I'd be in football management. But I'm sitting at Euston, sinking another beer and wondering how we didn't hammer an absolutely woefull Blackburn team that has league one written all over them. I watched the Leeds game in a bar on Zante and thought what a good team we looked. High pressing, moving the ball quickly. But we seem to have gone back to the same old slow, clueless cack that we have been for years, under different managers. Having said that. That Chery bloke doesn't score many " tap ins" does he!
Hasselbaink on 18:06 - Sep 10 with 4173 viewsdermyqpr

Anyone know why Stephen Caulker isn't playing??
Hasselbaink on 18:29 - Sep 10 with 4033 viewsBostonR

Today was almost a re-run of the Preston game other than we did not lose. Very lacklustre all over the park and Blackburn were there for the taking. On the positive side Shodipo looks a great prospect and Cousins looks a great fit in the middle of the park. I assume the team on Tues will look very different given the new Polish lad is available and Caulker is fit. I just don't get the managers insistence on playing Onuaha at centre-back (he just can't play football) and there is no room for Henry in the team with Cousins now looking a shoe-in for that CM position. In my view Washington won't cut it (he is not Championship material).
Login to get fewer ads

Hasselbaink on 18:39 - Sep 10 with 3971 viewsjohnhoop

Hasselbaink on 17:54 - Sep 10 by dodge_stoke_r

I don't know the answer because if I did, I wouldn't be in the job that I am, I'd be in football management. But I'm sitting at Euston, sinking another beer and wondering how we didn't hammer an absolutely woefull Blackburn team that has league one written all over them. I watched the Leeds game in a bar on Zante and thought what a good team we looked. High pressing, moving the ball quickly. But we seem to have gone back to the same old slow, clueless cack that we have been for years, under different managers. Having said that. That Chery bloke doesn't score many " tap ins" does he!

You're spot on there. The Leeds game was the most impressive one I've seen us play for a very long time. For the first time since perhaps as far back as the Warnock promotion season we actually played like a team, moving up the field with passes rather than lumping it forward and pressing with a high line.
I didn't make it to today's game through illness but the Preston one was a shambles and it doesn't sound like today's was any better. As Pinner Paul commented in his Just Back, booing the team is brainless and counter productive but it is a cause for concern that we are so clueless in breaking down mediocre opposition.
Hasselbaink on 18:40 - Sep 10 with 3966 viewsPinnerPaul

Hasselbaink on 18:29 - Sep 10 by BostonR

Today was almost a re-run of the Preston game other than we did not lose. Very lacklustre all over the park and Blackburn were there for the taking. On the positive side Shodipo looks a great prospect and Cousins looks a great fit in the middle of the park. I assume the team on Tues will look very different given the new Polish lad is available and Caulker is fit. I just don't get the managers insistence on playing Onuaha at centre-back (he just can't play football) and there is no room for Henry in the team with Cousins now looking a shoe-in for that CM position. In my view Washington won't cut it (he is not Championship material).

VERY different to PNE game.

Chery much more effective, we had two wide players, created more and looked more solid at back and in midfield.

v PNE our first shot took an hour and their GK did not have to make 3/4 very decent saves, like the Blackburn goalie did.

Modern world - everything has to be a triumph or disaster - no room in cyberspace for 1-1 draws - in the real world they happen.

The (already) well worn phrase of JFH - "It is what it is" sums it up today

Not too good/not too bad in my view.
Hasselbaink on 18:44 - Sep 10 with 3943 viewsBlackCrowe

Re: Injuries. I can claim for the first time ever to be ITK a bit on this one. I won't name the player, but he said that the whole squad really like JFH but that training is absolutely nuts - like a non-stop boot camp, and they are picking up injuries left right and centre and many are knackered by the time Saturday comes round.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Hasselbaink on 18:51 - Sep 10 with 3895 viewsWilloW4

Hasselbaink on 18:40 - Sep 10 by PinnerPaul

Chery much more effective, we had two wide players, created more and looked more solid at back and in midfield.

v PNE our first shot took an hour and their GK did not have to make 3/4 very decent saves, like the Blackburn goalie did.

Modern world - everything has to be a triumph or disaster - no room in cyberspace for 1-1 draws - in the real world they happen.

Chery's goal was fantastic..!!! But he was very poor all game...not too good/not too bad... I and those around me thought it was bloody awful..entertainment value..2/10... We didn't mown and grown, we just got up and left sharpish.. JFH certainly talks the talk but...maybe we were tired..yawn.
Hasselbaink on 18:55 - Sep 10 with 3866 viewsBostonR

Hasselbaink on 18:40 - Sep 10 by PinnerPaul

My comparison to the Preston game was around the lacklustre nature of the match. We need to start fast rather than a canter - all too cautious for my liking. We allow teams to get 11 behind the ball and we don't have a game plan for that imo.
Hasselbaink/Ferdinand on 19:27 - Sep 10 with 3698 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Positives are we now have 3 better keepers
Generally the defence has improved although we still don't have a rightback or leader
Midfield ok although have to play people in their right positions
Jimmy needs to go for it more often - don't be scared

Glad players are here for the right reasons now
Good team spirit, organised and fit
Need to be more creative though especially at home

In my humble opinion we do need both a Hoilett and Ravel player as we are not good enough to beat the bottom sides at home

Also be ruthless and get rid of players not iup to Championship/League One - don't keep them hanging on (Nasser/Washington/Grego-Cox/Comley etc..
By the way where was Sandro - he's our best midfielder

U R's
[Post edited 10 Sep 2016 19:38]
Hasselbaink/Ferdinand on 19:43 - Sep 10 with 3614 viewsRangersw12

Hasselbaink/Ferdinand on 19:27 - Sep 10 by superhoopdownunder

Positives are we now have 3 better keepers
Generally the defence has improved although we still don't have a rightback or leader
Midfield ok although have to play people in their right positions
Jimmy needs to go for it more often - don't be scared

Glad players are here for the right reasons now
Good team spirit, organised and fit
Need to be more creative though especially at home

In my humble opinion we do need both a Hoilett and Ravel player as we are not good enough to beat the bottom sides at home

Also be ruthless and get rid of players not iup to Championship/League One - don't keep them hanging on (Nasser/Washington/Grego-Cox/Comley etc..
By the way where was Sandro - he's our best midfielder

U R's
[Post edited 10 Sep 2016 19:38]

Sandro are best midfielder !!!!

Based on what ?

From what I have seen from him he's been awful and can barely last 90 mins
Hasselbaink on 19:53 - Sep 10 with 3552 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Sandro is our most talented midfielder followed by Luongo
Both did not play today
Luongo rested (fair enough)
Sandro should be out there - he is fragile - but give him a chance
Hasselbaink on 20:12 - Sep 10 with 3468 viewscollegeranger

Hasselbaink on 18:44 - Sep 10 by BlackCrowe

Re: Injuries. I can claim for the first time ever to be ITK a bit on this one. I won't name the player, but he said that the whole squad really like JFH but that training is absolutely nuts - like a non-stop boot camp, and they are picking up injuries left right and centre and many are knackered by the time Saturday comes round.

Even if the training is nuts saying that some are knackered by Saturday means a few things in my eyes -
1. some are unfit
2. they will become fitter or will be gone in January (re: Kpekewa)
3. Once fitter than they are now will overcome other 'unfit teams' later in the season.

We ripped into them today from kick off and Shodipo running at them caused havoc. Coyle had them well drilled and were in effect playing 5-3-2 and once they settled as we had Karl the crab and Cousins doing the same job with NEK and Shodipo wide and Chery just behind Polter we allowed their 3 midfielder to actually dictate.

However I will admit some of our lot were blowing out of their ar5es at the end.
Hasselbaink on 20:14 - Sep 10 with 3456 viewsdannyblue

This team will just get better and better. We have a well balanced youthful squad, two decent players for every position, and every one of them likely to improve with time. We have a manager who works hard, has the faith of his players, and a clear identity and plan. It feels like QPR again - a team of potential. There will always be poor games along the way, but I'm intrigued to see where it can go.
Hasselbaink on 20:22 - Sep 10 with 3420 viewsWilloW4

Hasselbaink on 20:14 - Sep 10 by dannyblue

This team will just get better and better. We have a well balanced youthful squad, two decent players for every position, and every one of them likely to improve with time. We have a manager who works hard, has the faith of his players, and a clear identity and plan. It feels like QPR again - a team of potential. There will always be poor games along the way, but I'm intrigued to see where it can go.

Hope you didn't spend any of your well earned to watch that this afternoon...when you spend over £50 for 2 tickets, in the pissing rain you wouldn't mind a bit of entertainment ..there was at least 5 players who seemed to have a 'free' role, ie: didn't know there job. It was an awful game of football.
Hasselbaink on 20:26 - Sep 10 with 3385 viewsbosh67

Hasselbaink said: "I thought the performance was really good. We deserved more, but you have got to put the ball in the net. We created chances with good play, had three one-on-ones and their keeper made some good saves. I'm very happy with the performance. The result, no, but happy with the players and the way they conducted themselves. Did we deserve more from this game? Yes, big time. But you have to go and earn it. If you think you can stroll through this division you are wrong. But we knocked on the door and on a better day would have won 2-1 or 3-1. That is why I am happy with the performance and happy with the players."

WTF game was he watching?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hasselbaink on 20:31 - Sep 10 with 3362 viewsLblock

Can I go on record here as saying I've now had enough of ODH?

The football his teams have served up has been atrocious and so mind numbing my boring it's amazing
He stated his teams would be fit, high energy, pressing and pacey
I've had to put up with Karl Henry, either 28 back passes or aimless balls into channels or to BFG to battle out
4-5-1 with two holding midfielders, at home, against a bottom of the table side who are bereft of confidence? Do me a farkin favour!
Changes the back 4 for a reason only he will know
Has signed players yet reluctant to use them -- so Cilla was signed as Poulters cover but when he has to go off at HT he chucks on CW who is so out of his depth at this level it's sad
Waited so, so long to change the system today but to his credit he did. Unfortunately he left both players on he'd dispatched to be holding midfielders so we were yet again ONE DIMENSIONAL

I'm not on a knee jerk from a bad performance, this is based on performances since he took over from Benny. Yep, done well getting rid of a bundle of wasters but I'm more concerned with what he's got in and how he's using them.

Not impressed.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Hasselbaink on 20:34 - Sep 10 with 3351 viewsdannyblue

Hasselbaink on 20:22 - Sep 10 by WilloW4

Hope you didn't spend any of your well earned to watch that this afternoon...when you spend over £50 for 2 tickets, in the pissing rain you wouldn't mind a bit of entertainment ..there was at least 5 players who seemed to have a 'free' role, ie: didn't know there job. It was an awful game of football.

Yes I was there...season ticket.

Roles seemed pretty clear to me. Who were you thinking?

I agree it wasn't a great performance. First half was really dull - almost nothing happened. I was very concerned at our inability to deal with Conway's excellent deliveries and they could have scored more from them. But we created the chances to win the game...ELK and CW through on goal, Sylla's snap shot from an angle.

But we're a work in progress and I like the direction we're headed.
Hasselbaink on 20:38 - Sep 10 with 3333 viewsWilloW4

Hasselbaink on 20:26 - Sep 10 by bosh67

Hasselbaink said: "I thought the performance was really good. We deserved more, but you have got to put the ball in the net. We created chances with good play, had three one-on-ones and their keeper made some good saves. I'm very happy with the performance. The result, no, but happy with the players and the way they conducted themselves. Did we deserve more from this game? Yes, big time. But you have to go and earn it. If you think you can stroll through this division you are wrong. But we knocked on the door and on a better day would have won 2-1 or 3-1. That is why I am happy with the performance and happy with the players."

WTF game was he watching?

Not the same as me and many around me. Far too soft a response to that game. Hopefully he'll have a go at them ( and himself ) behind closed doors..I spoke to a couple of R's at half time, and one said and I quote ." This is hard work watching this, it's got shades of Redknapp to me".... Oh please dear god NO !!! More entertainment please.!!!!
Hasselbaink on 20:47 - Sep 10 with 3283 viewsWilloW4

Hasselbaink on 20:31 - Sep 10 by Lblock

Can I go on record here as saying I've now had enough of ODH?

The football his teams have served up has been atrocious and so mind numbing my boring it's amazing
He stated his teams would be fit, high energy, pressing and pacey
I've had to put up with Karl Henry, either 28 back passes or aimless balls into channels or to BFG to battle out
4-5-1 with two holding midfielders, at home, against a bottom of the table side who are bereft of confidence? Do me a farkin favour!
Changes the back 4 for a reason only he will know
Has signed players yet reluctant to use them -- so Cilla was signed as Poulters cover but when he has to go off at HT he chucks on CW who is so out of his depth at this level it's sad
Waited so, so long to change the system today but to his credit he did. Unfortunately he left both players on he'd dispatched to be holding midfielders so we were yet again ONE DIMENSIONAL

I'm not on a knee jerk from a bad performance, this is based on performances since he took over from Benny. Yep, done well getting rid of a bundle of wasters but I'm more concerned with what he's got in and how he's using them.

Not impressed.

"He stated his teams would be fit, high energy, pressing and pacey"... He certainly did Lblock, many times...I don't see it..some of the team looked shot at 60 mins..this 'high pressing game' is just waffle thus far.. Love to see it but it's just not happening. It's a work in progress, blah blah blah.. Not good.
Hasselbaink on 20:47 - Sep 10 with 3282 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Nearly 6am here been up all night but why dont we just go for it?
I am proud of my/our team but that was for attractive football not being boring/defensive
Sorry bit pissed - long night
Let's hope we have a red hot go at the Geordies and JFH grows some balls
U R's
Good Morning
[Post edited 10 Sep 2016 20:48]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024