Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Run......Run.....Run. 15:41 - Sep 18 with 3774 viewsbeanofire1

I was talking to a supporter in the Paddock during the Newcastle game and he said that he had a contact 'close to the club' and they were of the opinion that JFH is literally running the players into the ground with his drills.
That might not be as daft as it sounds. Are we over drilled? Looking at our players against Newcastle and then Huddersfield, there was very little of that 'pressing, high tempo' game that was JFH's watch word. Are we already burnt out, thanks to too much drilling in training?

'I knw I ain't doing much........but doing nothing means a lot to me.'

Run......Run.....Run. on 16:02 - Sep 18 with 3695 viewsPlanetHonneywood

As I departed early on Tuesday, I got speaking to a fan leaving with his two boys from the Loft where you cut from SAR to go around the back of LR.

His words were along the lines of, 'They're knackered, bloody Jimmy has had them out and flogged them into the ground again!'

The lads I sit around were also muttering about us looking leggy and If this is true, then this is ridiculous and might explain how the high press has gone AWOL since Leeds. I don't want to believe this, because I thought JFH was a bit more savvy.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Run......Run.....Run. on 16:09 - Sep 18 with 3662 viewsbeanofire1

Run......Run.....Run. on 16:02 - Sep 18 by PlanetHonneywood

As I departed early on Tuesday, I got speaking to a fan leaving with his two boys from the Loft where you cut from SAR to go around the back of LR.

His words were along the lines of, 'They're knackered, bloody Jimmy has had them out and flogged them into the ground again!'

The lads I sit around were also muttering about us looking leggy and If this is true, then this is ridiculous and might explain how the high press has gone AWOL since Leeds. I don't want to believe this, because I thought JFH was a bit more savvy.

Worrying isn't it? If that's what it looks like to us mere punters. But surely with all the technology in football now, JFH and his backroom staff would know?

Run......Run.....Run. on 16:09 - Sep 18 with 3658 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If this is the problem for our patch of bad form, then thank fvck, because its easy to rectify without slinging out a whole coaching team and squad for the 234754th time.
Run......Run.....Run. on 16:15 - Sep 18 with 3626 viewsLadbrokeR

Run......Run.....Run. on 16:09 - Sep 18 by beanofire1

Worrying isn't it? If that's what it looks like to us mere punters. But surely with all the technology in football now, JFH and his backroom staff would know?

More worrying if the rumours are true is that a professional manager has been exhausting players to the point that it has a negative consequence in matches and that the manager can't see it. I don't buy this?In age of sports technology and scrutinised nutrition we are losing because we are knackered. That doesn't stack up.
Run......Run.....Run. on 16:16 - Sep 18 with 3620 viewsolderR

For years now people have said "We don't look fit. Get someone in to get them fit".
Now apparently we don't look fit because of what we are doing in training.

Funny old world isn't it.
Run......Run.....Run. on 16:33 - Sep 18 with 3526 viewsCamberleyR

Sorry, don't buy this line that they're being run into the ground, flogged to death. Apparently Wagner at Huddersfield has them in twice a day for training usually not leaving until 5 in the afternoon. Can anyone who went to Huddersfield yesterday say that their players looked 'leggy' ?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Run......Run.....Run. on 16:51 - Sep 18 with 3476 viewsPunteR

Kpekewa left because he didn't like the fitness training regime. There maybe some truth in how hard Jimmy is working them but didn't Polter come out and say how much he enjoys the new way of training.
Maybe Jimmy is working them too hard but thats hardly a sackable offence. I wouldn't say no to an experienced coach to come in and help.
Haven't we just changed fitness coach? Wasn't some on here complaining about the last coach not getting our players fit.
Championship is a relentless league, maybe some of the fitness training needs amending.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Run......Run.....Run. on 17:32 - Sep 18 with 3330 viewsLblock

I just don't think the players have bought into whatever it is he's trying to do.
We look a beaten side before a ball is kicked
There's no spirit, no leadership and it feels to me that this rigidly sticking to the same formation to accommodate Karl Fackin Henry is turning the players off. He appears to have lost the dressing room

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Run......Run.....Run. on 18:21 - Sep 18 with 3206 viewsbeanofire1

So, if it's not being run into the ground, what is the reason for us looking off the pace?

Run......Run.....Run. on 18:49 - Sep 18 with 3133 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Run......Run.....Run. on 16:33 - Sep 18 by CamberleyR

Sorry, don't buy this line that they're being run into the ground, flogged to death. Apparently Wagner at Huddersfield has them in twice a day for training usually not leaving until 5 in the afternoon. Can anyone who went to Huddersfield yesterday say that their players looked 'leggy' ?

At the top end of sport it's not about how hard you work, but how smart you work. For instance, you don't run more miles the closer to a marathon, you tapper down to less three weeks before.

Wagner may have them in trying hard, but I bet he's doing lots of strength and conditioning work, as opposed to just running aimlessly. S&C and proper yoga type stretching are things which are not so well followed here and even our physio is backward. I have a friend who works with Spurs on training and physiotherapy and they're one of only two clubs who use ART techniques in England.

If there is ''Terror Tuesday' style training sessions being practiced then that's a worry. Clubs should, in a perfect world, get players fully fit in pre-season and training during the season is merely about topping up. If, and I say if, the training is too intensive at this stage of the season or wrongly structured prior to games, then it could explain the perceived notion of being over-cooked come match day.

To be honest, I would be surprised and hope a couple of wins would see them galloping like thoroughbreds for 90 minutes. But if not and they're being not so much overvworked but over-stretched, then our training needs to simmer down.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

Run......Run.....Run. on 18:51 - Sep 18 with 3124 viewsbeanofire1

Nice insight Planet.....appreciate that.

Run......Run.....Run. on 19:41 - Sep 18 with 2976 viewsnix

The evidence from yesterday's match doesn't really support this theory. We finished stronger than we started. If we were knackered, then why would we do better than them in the last fifteen minutes. The rigidity of the system makes more sense to me. Maybe they were told to sit back and be defensive for the first half and then press towards the end. But I don't think we've ever been that sort of team to soak up pressure and then counterpunch. I think we always look more solid when we're going forward a bit, taking some pressure off our defence and not allowing the other teams fullbacks to press forward. When we allow this, we always seem to be torn apart.
Run......Run.....Run. on 19:43 - Sep 18 with 2970 viewsNorthernr

This sort of stuff always comes out when a manager is under pressure. You'll never find a footballer accepting responsibility for his failures or the team's struggles. It's always a manager, or a fitness regime...

Nobody has ever said "My mate knows one of the players and they've said it's their fault and they've just been well below par."
Run......Run.....Run. on 20:16 - Sep 18 with 2857 viewsdaveB

makes a change from the usual moans that the players are not fit enough, now they are tired from working too hard. poor loves
Run......Run.....Run. on 21:45 - Sep 18 with 2694 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Run......Run.....Run. on 19:43 - Sep 18 by Northernr

This sort of stuff always comes out when a manager is under pressure. You'll never find a footballer accepting responsibility for his failures or the team's struggles. It's always a manager, or a fitness regime...

Nobody has ever said "My mate knows one of the players and they've said it's their fault and they've just been well below par."

Which shouldn't ignore the fact that, poor management and piss poor preparation are frequently the sources of problems for teams not doing too well.

Something we have considerable experience of over the years, as we do, under-performing oafs on the park.

Run......Run.....Run. on 21:53 - Sep 18 with 2664 viewsdavman

Run......Run.....Run. on 19:43 - Sep 18 by Northernr

...and how many times, on a bad run, does someone run out 'they've lost the Dressing Room' with no bloody 3vidence. The players look lost, so they're not trying.REALLY?

Jimmy has not had access to many of his new signings for one reason or another; Bidwell has played in his right position, but Cousins has had, what two games in his proper position as Yeni has not been fit and Pavel not available.

Surely he has to lob them all in on Wednesday and get them bedded in ASAP? ??

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Run......Run.....Run. on 22:19 - Sep 18 with 2584 viewsLongsufferingR

Actually, the OP might be on to something here. I was talking to the bloke who clears Aldi's gutters yesterday and his close contact within the club said pretty much the same thing.

What a load of steaming turrd. Why are people so desperate to stir up shyte that they create an account on here and make up utter guff?

GET A LIFE!
Run......Run.....Run. on 01:39 - Sep 19 with 2414 viewsJigsore

Just the other week people were moaning that footballers get tired if they play 2-3 games in a week because somehow being professionals means they're immortal beings

this week it's JFHs fault for training them too hard

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Run......Run.....Run. on 07:24 - Sep 19 with 2319 viewsLblock

Run......Run.....Run. on 21:53 - Sep 18 by davman

...and how many times, on a bad run, does someone run out 'they've lost the Dressing Room' with no bloody 3vidence. The players look lost, so they're not trying.REALLY?

Jimmy has not had access to many of his new signings for one reason or another; Bidwell has played in his right position, but Cousins has had, what two games in his proper position as Yeni has not been fit and Pavel not available.

Surely he has to lob them all in on Wednesday and get them bedded in ASAP? ??

That's his choice

He's had ample opportunity to put round pegs in round holes but continues to crowbar Henry into the starting line up
He binned off the only right back we had at the club with no replacement evident bar two centre backs who don't inspire there. One of them is inexplicably the team captain
The squad is ill equipped to adapt with our best player (Chery) wasted playing anywhere other than in a pocket behind strikers. Once that pocket is filled or he's switched wider or deeper then he may as well not be out there but who comes in his place??? Only defensive holding midfielders available
This is ODH's squad and he's had ample time at the club and significant backing in these asture times, to have it playing the way he wants. If what's being served up is football the ODH away then God help us
[Post edited 19 Sep 2016 7:25]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Run......Run.....Run. on 10:30 - Sep 19 with 2126 viewsLadbrokeR

Run......Run.....Run. on 07:24 - Sep 19 by Lblock

That's his choice

He's had ample opportunity to put round pegs in round holes but continues to crowbar Henry into the starting line up
He binned off the only right back we had at the club with no replacement evident bar two centre backs who don't inspire there. One of them is inexplicably the team captain
The squad is ill equipped to adapt with our best player (Chery) wasted playing anywhere other than in a pocket behind strikers. Once that pocket is filled or he's switched wider or deeper then he may as well not be out there but who comes in his place??? Only defensive holding midfielders available
This is ODH's squad and he's had ample time at the club and significant backing in these asture times, to have it playing the way he wants. If what's being served up is football the ODH away then God help us
[Post edited 19 Sep 2016 7:25]

L Block if i understand you corectly you are partly using the absence of Furlong to support your argument. I was taken to task and rightly so for suggesting that maybe Furlong isn't up to it. In which case do you not think that the managerial staff would have prevented him from going out on loan again if they though that he could do a job.
Run......Run.....Run. on 10:38 - Sep 19 with 2109 viewsjohncharles

Run......Run.....Run. on 10:30 - Sep 19 by LadbrokeR

L Block if i understand you corectly you are partly using the absence of Furlong to support your argument. I was taken to task and rightly so for suggesting that maybe Furlong isn't up to it. In which case do you not think that the managerial staff would have prevented him from going out on loan again if they though that he could do a job.

Just another poor decision

Strong and stable my arse.

Run......Run.....Run. on 11:02 - Sep 19 with 2073 viewsToast_R

I'm no expert but usually when you're seriously over doing it - injuries occur.

If their over doing it and unable to put the hard yards in fine, but why can't they still do the bloody basics like organising a defence for set pieces and having some sort of game plan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024