Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
25 years ago today 17:12 - Oct 5 with 3822 viewsed_83

Was going through some old family photo albums yesterday and discovered a bunch of pictures I thought I'd lost, from the day I was a mascot at Loftus Road.

It was about a week after my 8th birthday, and for my birthday party I'd gone to see us play Forest with my dad and 3 or 4 friends: somehow he'd let the club know it was my birthday, and the day before we got a call to say that one of the mascots was sick and did I want to take their place. Obviously, I said yes. Checked the dates and it turns out it was exactly 25 years ago today, to the day.

Not sure if anyone else is likely to be remotely interested, but thought I'd share this one of me with Simon Barker and Stuart Pearce before kick-off (think that's Andy Sinton in the background too):

25 years ago today on 18:30 - Oct 5 with 3771 viewsterryb

Thanks ed.

Great memories for you!

Did we win to make your day even better?
25 years ago today on 18:32 - Oct 5 with 3762 viewsted_hendrix

Nice thread and good memories for you mate.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

25 years ago today on 18:59 - Oct 5 with 3716 viewsLongsufferingR

Nice one. Great memento to have.

I'd advise everyone not to look for the result though!
25 years ago today on 19:43 - Oct 5 with 3661 viewsJuzzie

Great picture. Sadly we lost 2-0.

http://www.11v11.com/matches/queens-park-rangers-v-nottingham-forest-05-october-
25 years ago today on 20:32 - Oct 5 with 3606 viewsrrrspricey

Jammy barsteward, I'd have killed to be a mascot when I was that age!

Böllocks....that would've been 44 years ago
25 years ago today on 21:09 - Oct 5 with 3544 viewsstowmarketrange

25 years ago today on 18:30 - Oct 5 by terryb

Thanks ed.

Great memories for you!

Did we win to make your day even better?

Did we ever win against forest in the 80's and 90's?Apart from the twice played game in our 86 cup run when we beat Liverpool over 2 legs in the final.
25 years ago today on 21:29 - Oct 5 with 3508 viewspaulparker

25 years ago today on 21:09 - Oct 5 by stowmarketrange

Did we ever win against forest in the 80's and 90's?Apart from the twice played game in our 86 cup run when we beat Liverpool over 2 legs in the final.

we did stowe, i was there the year before when we beat them 2-0
sinton and Barker with a screamer
it was also the week that seamens move to Arsenal fell through when we were supposed to have Lukic come to rangers , Seamen copped untold stick that day
on a side note it always kicked off at HQ against Forest especially in the 80s , it did the night of the floodlight faliure in 86 and the year before in 85

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

25 years ago today on 21:46 - Oct 5 with 3479 viewsCamberleyR

25 years ago today on 21:09 - Oct 5 by stowmarketrange

In addition to what PP says I can remember us winning 3-0 early on in the 84/85 season. I think we were unbeaten after our first 4 or 5 games. Unfortunately the week after the Forest game we got done 5-0 at Spurs which was the start of Mullery's reign unraveling.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2016 21:47]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

25 years ago today on 21:53 - Oct 5 with 3464 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We had a great record against them at home in the late 80's and early 90's considering they were much better than us. They were a quality side during that era and though we obviously never got that elusive first win at their gaff we were always rightly confident of a win at our place.

I remember a 3-0, a 2-0 and even a 4-3. A 4-3!!!

What a lovely photo by the way Ed, and a lovely memory.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2016 21:54]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

25 years ago today on 21:57 - Oct 5 with 3444 viewsCamberleyR

25 years ago today on 21:53 - Oct 5 by BrianMcCarthy

We had a great record against them at home in the late 80's and early 90's considering they were much better than us. They were a quality side during that era and though we obviously never got that elusive first win at their gaff we were always rightly confident of a win at our place.

I remember a 3-0, a 2-0 and even a 4-3. A 4-3!!!

What a lovely photo by the way Ed, and a lovely memory.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2016 21:54]

Yep, 4-3 the season they got relegated (the season football was invented), the first hat trick of Les's Easter weekend hat trick double.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

25 years ago today on 22:37 - Oct 5 with 3385 viewsTGRRRSSS

Brilliant Picture there, just a few weeks before my first ever game at HQ v Everton (WE won 3-1 luckily)

http://www.11v11.com/matches/queens-park-rangers-v-everton-26-october-1991-90266
[Post edited 5 Oct 2016 22:49]
25 years ago today on 02:03 - Oct 6 with 3317 viewsBoston

25 years ago today on 21:46 - Oct 5 by CamberleyR

In addition to what PP says I can remember us winning 3-0 early on in the 84/85 season. I think we were unbeaten after our first 4 or 5 games. Unfortunately the week after the Forest game we got done 5-0 at Spurs which was the start of Mullery's reign unraveling.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2016 21:47]

Few bad game results p me off for very long but......that 5-0 at White Hat Lane has always irritated me. Irks me still even as I type.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

25 years ago today on 02:25 - Oct 6 with 3309 viewsBrianMcCarthy

25 years ago today on 21:57 - Oct 5 by CamberleyR

Yep, 4-3 the season they got relegated (the season football was invented), the first hat trick of Les's Easter weekend hat trick double.

Great chance to relive that weekend.

Start at 5.10 and this is why he was called Sir Les. Not Gary Bannister scoring for Forest.

Followed immediately by the big man scoring another three against racist Everton (watch his uncommon reaction to the Gladwys Street end. In fairness a lot of them applauded his hat trick when it came so they're not all bad.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

25 years ago today on 08:59 - Oct 6 with 3224 viewswelwynranger

25 years ago today on 02:25 - Oct 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Great chance to relive that weekend.

Start at 5.10 and this is why he was called Sir Les. Not Gary Bannister scoring for Forest.

Followed immediately by the big man scoring another three against racist Everton (watch his uncommon reaction to the Gladwys Street end. In fairness a lot of them applauded his hat trick when it came so they're not all bad.

9 goals in 3 days. That's about 3 months worth now .!!!'
25 years ago today on 12:13 - Oct 6 with 3149 viewsMoonshineSteve

Great photo Ed.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

25 years ago today on 13:14 - Oct 6 with 3122 viewsFredManRave

That really is a great photo of what must have been a great day. It must take pride of place somewhere in your house. Thank God the other mascot was sick that day.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2016 13:14]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

25 years ago today on 13:15 - Oct 6 with 3117 viewsTGRRRSSS

Wonder if he posts here???
25 years ago today on 15:15 - Oct 6 with 3058 viewsWokingR

You were very pretty Ed
Do you still have the pony tale ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024