Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ozzstralian R's 00:28 - Oct 15 with 2534 viewsBoston

Bumped into an upside down bloke today and, after the usual round of insults, we ended up discussing what all middle aged men really dream of....over eating. During the intense discussion of meat consumption he committed carnivore sacrilege by informing me he'd often eat beetroot on his burger! "School dinner red crap "I gasped, he then went on to give me palpitations by stating that this veg was the national dish of Australia and it's eaten with everything. Say it ain't so.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2016 2:08]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ozzstralian R's on 01:58 - Oct 15 with 2521 viewsaussiehoop

It is so.

We follow a simple formula here - take any food type and add beetroot to make it Australian. Got a burger? Add beetroot and now you've got an "Oz burger".

Don't knock it until you've tried it!
Ozzstralian R's on 02:10 - Oct 15 with 2514 viewsBoston

Ozzstralian R's on 01:58 - Oct 15 by aussiehoop

It is so.

We follow a simple formula here - take any food type and add beetroot to make it Australian. Got a burger? Add beetroot and now you've got an "Oz burger".

Don't knock it until you've tried it!

Would that be an 8 oz burger?

Ozzstralian R's on 10:23 - Oct 15 with 2420 views18StoneOfHoop

Some kind of purple vegetable you say?!

Are the Bruces all turning into Sheilas?

You'll be telling me about the merits of Quiche Lorraine next.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Ozzstralian R's on 10:29 - Oct 15 with 2414 viewsWokingR

I'm sure Gourmet Burger Kitchen have been known to add a slice of beetroot and call it an Aussie Burger
Bloody weirdos
Ozzstralian R's on 13:37 - Oct 15 with 2326 viewsahoz

Well I've lived in Oz nearly all my life and I wouldn't say beetroot is such a big deal here. Never had it during that time. I remember having London school meals though, do you still have pease pudding, sago and tapiaco? Now. that...and mashed potato...was bad...
Ozzstralian R's on 14:49 - Oct 15 with 2294 viewsBoston

Ozzstralian R's on 13:37 - Oct 15 by ahoz

Well I've lived in Oz nearly all my life and I wouldn't say beetroot is such a big deal here. Never had it during that time. I remember having London school meals though, do you still have pease pudding, sago and tapiaco? Now. that...and mashed potato...was bad...

Yeah, you've been away a long time alright.,,,naan, roti, murgh malai, cholay bhature or an aloo gobhi.

Ozzstralian R's on 01:13 - Oct 16 with 2221 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ozzstralian R's on 13:37 - Oct 15 by ahoz

Oh God, that brings back horrible memories of taking an empty plate and parading, right to left, before four or five old biddies dressed in protective garb lest the foodstuff make contact with skin or clothing, each servicing an aluminium dixie with ice-cream scoop, tongs, spoon or ladle.

Swede and turnips were problematic: one was watery and translucent, the other was lurid yellow, but which was which? Cabbage was the tray of pale green limp ribbons, boiled beyond submission and living proof of their lie "Eat it, it's good for you!"

Pudding was served from a separate table. Anything with ice-cream was welcomed, even the almost milk solids-free ILEA version. Rice pudding, semolina or sago were only consumable after stirring in the obligatory teaspoonful of red jam.

Once I found myself in the Teachers' Lounge during their lunch, and discovered the proof that we live in an unequal society: their meals were entirely slop-free. My revolutionary spark was struck at that very moment. Lenin himself could not have had a greater epiphany.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2016 6:19]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Ozzstralian R's on 15:15 - Oct 17 with 2117 viewsbacardiinbrissie

Sadly it is so....
Bloody mushy beetroot on burgers here is terrible.
Don't get it myself. Whats wrong with a nice slice of pineapple instead.?

I hate beetroot !
Login to get fewer ads

Ozzstralian R's on 00:39 - Oct 18 with 2038 viewsMatch82

Ozzstralian R's on 15:15 - Oct 17 by bacardiinbrissie

Sadly it is so....
Bloody mushy beetroot on burgers here is terrible.
Don't get it myself. Whats wrong with a nice slice of pineapple instead.?

I hate beetroot !

Pineapple on a burger

The Americans have it right. Throw some bacon on, some cheese on, then possibly, another burger too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024