Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 22:26 - Oct 18 with 4273 viewsqueensparker

I quite enjoyed that, although every single person I usually go with didn't turn up and it was f--king freezing by the end. Looking round the ground seems quite a few did the same. With all the locals giving it a miss you really noticed how many Scandis we've got in our crowd these days, every other bloke in the Ellerslie sounded Swedish/Norwegian.

Anyway, we actually changed our system and played 4-3-3/4-5-1 with Chery-Sylla-Washington up front and went for it, in an understated JFH kind of way. I hope we stick with it at home: we had plenty of width, put in a lot of dangerous crosses, and with three in midfield we were picking up a lot of the second balls which we haven't done for months. Chery's not a winger, but the whole team had a lot more shape and cutting edge with him out there and Washington put in his usual 100% effort huff-n-puff Mackie style performance.

Ned had a great game marking their number nine who looked a real handful, but didn't really get a sniff. Luongo fired into a load of tackles and set up the goal with a brilliant cross, good finish by Cilla as well. Smithies pulled off another couple of superb saves, the one from a one-on-one was world-class.

The young Finnish Yank lad at left back looks decent, Fat Lee Tomlin was targetting him all second half but he put in some good tackles and got forward well. Just as well, as our other three left backs are all injured now, Lynch looked gutted when he went off and hope it isn't a bad one. Cousins was pretty anonymous and collapsed in the second half as well, so Henry will be back again soon.

It wasn't blood-pumping stuff, but Bristol City have been dangerous this season and that's a good win for me. Plus proves that we don't have to play 4-2-3-1 all the bloody time.

[Post edited 18 Oct 2016 22:28]
Just back on 22:29 - Oct 18 with 4221 viewsHunterhoop

Great assessment.

Special mention to Smithies for his two saves which surpassed De Gea's the other night.

And, yes, glad Ned gets the praise he deserves tonight. Exceptional CB performance man marking Abrahams.
Just back on 22:34 - Oct 18 with 4121 viewsCiderwithRsie

Thanks for that, makes good reading.

This team may not be a vintage one, but I like what I see on TV and streams about a lot of players. I think this is a squad built for improvement and progress, not anywhere near the finished article. That'll do for me.
Just back on 22:36 - Oct 18 with 4068 viewsPunteR

Cheers Queensparker.

What happened to Lynch?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Just back on 22:41 - Oct 18 with 4011 viewsWadR

Agree with all that's been posted above.

Hamalainen had a tough time I thought, they moved Tomlin over to his side as soon as Niko came on - clearly attempting to target him. But, even though he got beaten a few times, he didn't loose heart and was impressively composed with the ball at his feet. Caulker talked him through a lot of the game, encouraging him and making sure he was switched on.

Pleased that Jimmy was brave enough to give him ago rather than the conservative option which would've been Henry at RB and Perch switched to LB.

Incidentally, thought Perch was much better than on Saturday. Won the ball from Abraham I think that led to the goal, and put in a few dangerous crosses. Given Chery was keen to, and I assume under instruction, to cut inside a lot, it helped that Perch got forward so well. He also dealt really well with a difficult cross when facing his own goal in the first half and had the better of his winger most of the game.

Washington edges Smithies and Luongo for MOM for me.
Just back on 22:50 - Oct 18 with 3877 viewsdannyblue

Just back on 22:36 - Oct 18 by PunteR

Cheers Queensparker.

What happened to Lynch?

Held the back of his thigh after trying to keep up with o'dowda taking him on the outside
Just back on 23:00 - Oct 18 with 3781 viewsPunteR

Just back on 22:50 - Oct 18 by dannyblue

Held the back of his thigh after trying to keep up with o'dowda taking him on the outside

Hamstring?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Just back on 23:12 - Oct 18 with 3653 viewsqueensparker

Highlights

http://www.skysports.com/football/qpr-vs-bristol-c/358264
Just back on 23:14 - Oct 18 with 3632 viewsdannyblue

Just back on 23:00 - Oct 18 by PunteR

Hamstring?

looked like it
Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 23:47 - Oct 18 with 3476 viewsRBlock

Ned was fantastic today. My MOTM has to be Luongo though, we look a different team with him on the pitch, I think he is vital to how we want to move the ball around. Sylla was great up top, won everything in the air and held it up really well. Borysiuk was class also, such a step up from Henry, really flew into his tackles and distributed well. Cousins didn't have his best game, this is true, but the 4-3-3 set up seemed to make us so much more dynamic that the 4-2-3-1 has recently. Chery and Wash as inside forwards were able to make great triangles combining with their fullbacks and respective CMs. Perch also I thought had a quality game at RB. Both CBs played well also. I just really enjoyed that compared to the dross we have been served up recently.
Just back on 23:59 - Oct 18 with 3414 viewscaliforniahoop

Played well, I hope JFH sticks to this type of personnel and formation, a lot of damage has been done to the atmosphere in the ground, even though we where playing well the crowd was flat.

We need a few more games like that to get us all going again!
Just back on 00:15 - Oct 19 with 3343 viewsbosh67

Borysiuk and Luongo had far more energy tonight. Good combination. By far Luongo's best game. Seemed to grab it by the scruff of the neck tonight. Cousins pulled up and is clearly not fit, which was a shame but Gladwin, who has a very lazy style, did quite a few quiet but good things when he came on. Hamalainen looks like a real prospect at left back. Made a few mistakes but won a lot of tackles and headers and bloody hell, he has some pace on him. Washington put in a very good shift, as did Sylla. Ned got the measure of the excellent Abrahams after the break and had him in his pocket for the rest of the game. The best game Ned has had in some time.

Better formation tonight, more ambitious, but we could have been behind but for Smithie's brilliant keeping. Bristol City managed to move the ball and get the ball out their feet faster than us but it was a good game and a good win.

Very well reffed too.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just back on 00:21 - Oct 19 with 3324 viewsbosh67

Just back on 23:12 - Oct 18 by queensparker

Highlights

http://www.skysports.com/football/qpr-vs-bristol-c/358264

Great goal but how about the Smithie wonder save?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just back on 06:47 - Oct 19 with 3024 viewstimcocking

Smithies again!!!
Just back on 07:25 - Oct 19 with 2932 viewsDesertBoot

It was nice the crowd encouraging Hamalainen throughout the game. A lovely pass to turn defence into attack near the end of the game showed real class. Well done.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Just back on 07:37 - Oct 19 with 2890 viewsjohnhoop

Wasn't able to post last night but was absolutely delighted with the infinitely more positive attitude we showed yesterday,resulting in a much more exciting and enjoyable game for the spectators.It was great to leave the ground feeling upbeat and looking forward to the next game.
There were some great performances all over the pitch.I thought Luongo and Borysiuk were excellent in midfield but Perch and Washington also probably had their best games for us and Smithies block to deny their forward who was clean through was world class.
We actually outplayed a team that were 4 th in the table and if we can continue playing like this there is no reason why we shouldn't be in their position.
Just back on 09:42 - Oct 19 with 2618 viewsPinnerPaul

Just back on 22:36 - Oct 18 by PunteR

Cheers Queensparker.

What happened to Lynch?

Hammy it looked like, did it chasing winger down.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024