Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? 19:32 - Oct 22 with 2953 viewsVancouverHoop

One for the stattos. What's the greatest number of years between matches featuring QPR and another club?

I've no idea. I figured it would likely be someone we met first in the Southern League and have had little opportunity to play since, except, probably, in a cup tie. Sheppey Utd or Gravesend maybe...?
Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 19:52 - Oct 22 with 2408 viewsToast_R

I'll try and think of a club I cannot remember us playing and that who've been around in the football league for at least 20 years or so.

Barnet?
Shrewsbury?
Cambridge Utd?
Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 19:55 - Oct 22 with 2396 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Crouch End Vampires, 12th March 1898

1am kick off
Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 20:00 - Oct 22 with 2377 viewsCamberleyR

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 19:52 - Oct 22 by Toast_R

I'll try and think of a club I cannot remember us playing and that who've been around in the football league for at least 20 years or so.

Barnet?
Shrewsbury?
Cambridge Utd?

Barnet - 93/94 League Cup
Shrewsbury - 1982-83 Div 2
Cambridge Utd - 2001-02 Div 2 (Div 3 in old money). Prior to that game it was the 82/83 title season.

I can't remember us playing Bristol Rovers in ages. I can remember Wayne Fereday scoring a couple on his debut in a 4-0 win with Tommy Doc still manager so that would have been at the start of the 80/81 season.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 20:05]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 20:10 - Oct 22 with 2355 viewsBucksRanger

Accrington Stanley?

We played them in the first season I went to QPR (Third Division) - 1959/60.

Didn't play them again until drawn against them in the League Cup - 2009/10.

23/01/60 Home Win 5-1
25/08/09 Home Win 2-1
[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 20:12]
Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 20:17 - Oct 22 with 2342 viewsplasmahoop

I seem to remember Gillingham was a long time, like the 40,s until we played them in 2000. The away game was quite memorable, play shit and sneak a 1 nil, then lose 5 nil to Wimbledon at the weekend
Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 20:25 - Oct 22 with 2327 viewsstowmarketrange

How about Man Utd in 1908 in the charity shield and then the league in 1968?
Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 20:32 - Oct 22 with 2302 viewsBoston

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 20:17 - Oct 22 by plasmahoop

I seem to remember Gillingham was a long time, like the 40,s until we played them in 2000. The away game was quite memorable, play shit and sneak a 1 nil, then lose 5 nil to Wimbledon at the weekend

A Tuesday evening in Gillingham, 80 something minute,Crouch controls long ball, passes to Kiwomya....goal. Big Rangers turn out, big atmosphere, Coppers very fussy about who they let in. Called Dave Thomas, "dear", well you know, from the back....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 20:32 - Oct 22 with 2300 viewsCamberleyR

Merthyr Town 1932-33 season. They have folded and reformed in 2010 since though.

Login to get fewer ads

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 22:38 - Oct 22 with 2145 viewsVancouverHoop

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 20:25 - Oct 22 by stowmarketrange

That seems like a good shout – unless we met them in the FA Cup at some point. Spurs would be a similar case. They left the Southern League in 1908 and we didn't see them again until '68.
Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 23:56 - Oct 22 with 2083 viewsCamberleyR

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 20:25 - Oct 22 by stowmarketrange

Found a bigger gap. We first played Wolves in the 1899/00 FA Cup and didn't play them again until 68/69

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 00:19 - Oct 23 with 2067 viewsstowmarketrange

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 23:56 - Oct 22 by CamberleyR

Found a bigger gap. We first played Wolves in the 1899/00 FA Cup and didn't play them again until 68/69

Somebody had to mention Wolverhampton bastard f@cking c@@ting wanderers.
Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 05:43 - Oct 23 with 2011 viewsFredManRave

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 23:56 - Oct 22 by CamberleyR

What's the Watford gap?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 08:59 - Oct 23 with 1942 viewsDorse

We haven't played Atlantis for a while.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 10:01 - Oct 23 with 1901 viewsCamberleyR

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 05:43 - Oct 23 by FredManRave

What's the Watford gap?!

A plate of grease and a load of crap according to Roy Harper.

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 11:50 - Oct 23 with 1836 viewsWestonsuperR

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 20:17 - Oct 22 by plasmahoop

Didn't we play Gillingham around 2004 or 05, won 1v0 possibly? First win that season after being promoted to Championship.
Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 12:33 - Oct 23 with 1802 viewsstowmarketrange

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 11:50 - Oct 23 by WestonsuperR

Didn't we play Gillingham around 2004 or 05, won 1v0 possibly? First win that season after being promoted to Championship.

A handball goal from Dennis Oli?Or was it one of our other up and coming midfielders?
Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 12:38 - Oct 23 with 1796 viewsCamberleyR

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 12:33 - Oct 23 by stowmarketrange

A handball goal from Dennis Oli?Or was it one of our other up and coming midfielders?

Beautifully punched into the net by Marcus Bean.

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 12:53 - Oct 23 with 1773 viewsstowmarketrange

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 12:38 - Oct 23 by CamberleyR

Thanks.I remember the goal but not who scored it.
Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 17:57 - Oct 23 with 1667 viewsDannyPaddox

Was anyone at our last visit to Thames AFC in April 1932? Alas we won’t be playing them again as it was their last ever home game. They existed for two seasons playing at the West Ham Stadium (not to be confused with Upton Park). In a ground that held 120,000, a bumper crowd of 1,143 turned up to see bottom of the table Thames win 3-2 (typical), and one of those attending may well have been actor/ dj/ Pete Murray OBE (he’s still alive!) His Uncle Bill was a director of the club.

From what I've read, Thames AFC was formed to fill the stadium on a Saturday. Speedway and greyhounds being the attraction at other times. Just imagine; a huge East London stadium needing a local football team to put bums on seats. No one turns up (the lowest crowd was less than 500, admittedly against Luton), and then the club folds. I mean that could never happen again could it.

They were replaced by Aldershot. When was the last time we played them?
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 18:09]
Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 18:26 - Oct 23 with 1635 viewsBoston

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 17:57 - Oct 23 by DannyPaddox

Was anyone at our last visit to Thames AFC in April 1932? Alas we won’t be playing them again as it was their last ever home game. They existed for two seasons playing at the West Ham Stadium (not to be confused with Upton Park). In a ground that held 120,000, a bumper crowd of 1,143 turned up to see bottom of the table Thames win 3-2 (typical), and one of those attending may well have been actor/ dj/ Pete Murray OBE (he’s still alive!) His Uncle Bill was a director of the club.

From what I've read, Thames AFC was formed to fill the stadium on a Saturday. Speedway and greyhounds being the attraction at other times. Just imagine; a huge East London stadium needing a local football team to put bums on seats. No one turns up (the lowest crowd was less than 500, admittedly against Luton), and then the club folds. I mean that could never happen again could it.

Wednesday, April 23rd 1958, 1 - 1.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 18:37 - Oct 23 with 1628 viewsDannyPaddox

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 18:26 - Oct 23 by Boston

Wednesday, April 23rd 1958, 1 - 1.

1-1 ... has Hasselbaink been in charge that long or does it just feel like it?
Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 11:08 - Oct 25 with 1450 viewsPeterHucker

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 17:57 - Oct 23 by DannyPaddox

we've played Aldershot a few times in pre-season, does that count?
Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 11:10 - Oct 25 with 1445 viewsPeterHucker

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 12:38 - Oct 23 by CamberleyR

that's right it was Bean.
Mainly memorable for how angry it made Andy Hessenthaler.
What goes around comes around for him, a snidey cheating little tw_at of a player.
Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 11:58 - Oct 25 with 1426 viewsbob566

I wikied that out of interest. 1000 pounds was raised for charity from the match. Probably a colossal amount of cash back then.

I wonder does the charity shield still give money to charity.
Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 13:40 - Oct 25 with 1383 viewsstowmarketrange

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 11:58 - Oct 25 by bob566

I wikied that out of interest. 1000 pounds was raised for charity from the match. Probably a colossal amount of cash back then.

I wonder does the charity shield still give money to charity.

I think all the gate money goes to charity now.That adds up to a good amount when you at the ticket prices these days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024