Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bees 2nd goal 22:00 - Oct 28 with 3179 viewsQPR1882

Looked like handball in the corner in the lead up to the goal. Brentford player put his hands in the air to stop the clearance. Goal should not have stood
Bees 2nd goal on 22:04 - Oct 28 with 3158 viewsthame_hoops

Perch shouldn't have fannied around with it, i think it was more 'ball to hand' in fairness
Bees 2nd goal on 22:14 - Oct 28 with 3100 viewsQPR1882

Bees 2nd goal on 22:04 - Oct 28 by thame_hoops

Perch shouldn't have fannied around with it, i think it was more 'ball to hand' in fairness

The Brentford players hand was above his head, an unnatural position i think is the latest phrase.
Bees 2nd goal on 23:02 - Oct 28 with 2939 viewsHollowayRanger

Bees 2nd goal on 22:14 - Oct 28 by QPR1882

The Brentford players hand was above his head, an unnatural position i think is the latest phrase.

so we would have lost 0-1 instead of 0-2 whoopie

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Bees 2nd goal on 23:59 - Oct 28 with 2813 viewsQPR1882

Bees 2nd goal on 23:02 - Oct 28 by HollowayRanger

so we would have lost 0-1 instead of 0-2 whoopie

Dont work like that does it. Heads went down and we stopped trying after the 2nd goal. Who knows what might have happened if it was still 1-0 with 30 mins to go.
Bees 2nd goal on 00:01 - Oct 29 with 2806 viewsqpr85

I'm sorry but it was not ball to hand we all knew what he was going to do so yes it was handball just like Maradona but more subtle.
Bees 2nd goal on 01:03 - Oct 29 with 2744 viewshamptonhillhoop

It looked like handball from the lower loft, 90 yards away
Bees 2nd goal on 01:33 - Oct 29 with 2708 viewsconnell10

Bees 2nd goal on 23:59 - Oct 28 by QPR1882

Dont work like that does it. Heads went down and we stopped trying after the 2nd goal. Who knows what might have happened if it was still 1-0 with 30 mins to go.

Mate we all love rangers but there was only one team in it, we could still be playing now and we wouldn't have scored! The fact is we lost to a far better team, we all know it , rangers were shite!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Bees 2nd goal on 11:17 - Oct 29 with 2556 viewswestberksr

Bees 2nd goal on 01:33 - Oct 29 by connell10

Mate we all love rangers but there was only one team in it, we could still be playing now and we wouldn't have scored! The fact is we lost to a far better team, we all know it , rangers were shite!

Nah, that's bollox.

We would have definitely won 5-1 if we got the free kick instead of conceding, makes perfect sense in the cold light of day when at the time all I could think was "stop fukking around and clear it".

Silly me!
Login to get fewer ads

Bees 2nd goal on 11:47 - Oct 29 with 2519 viewsdaveB

thought it was more ball to hand and that Perch should have just cleared it rather than piss about under pressure. It was a fully deserved win for them so hard to get upset about a possible handball
Bees 2nd goal on 11:55 - Oct 29 with 2503 viewsbosh67

Perch should have either clipped it out for a throw or put it in row z. Leaguer 1/Championship player trying to ball juggle from the corner flag was bound to go wrong. It did hit the Brentford player's hand but he was about 6 inches away and so that couldn't be hand ball. The point is we were the entire architects of our own demise on that goal. We might as well have kicked it in ourselves.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bees 2nd goal on 12:37 - Oct 29 with 2461 viewsQPR1882

Bees 2nd goal on 11:17 - Oct 29 by westberksr

Nah, that's bollox.

We would have definitely won 5-1 if we got the free kick instead of conceding, makes perfect sense in the cold light of day when at the time all I could think was "stop fukking around and clear it".

Silly me!

We had 14 attempts on goal last night with 4 on target, Brentford had 12 attempts with 4 on target.

Yes we were shit but with 30 mins to go we could have got a draw out of last nights game. 2nd goal killed us off.IMO 2nd goal should not have stood.
Bees 2nd goal on 13:53 - Oct 29 with 2400 viewskingo

Bees 2nd goal on 12:37 - Oct 29 by QPR1882

We had 14 attempts on goal last night with 4 on target, Brentford had 12 attempts with 4 on target.

Yes we were shit but with 30 mins to go we could have got a draw out of last nights game. 2nd goal killed us off.IMO 2nd goal should not have stood.

I tend to agree with you. They were sitting very deep and defending their lead but we were actually making chances at that point. The second goal was the killer and in my opinion it was handball. The Brentford player was all over Perch trying to prevent him clearing it, which he did by using his hand, it wasn't a case of stopping it hitting him in the face, he simply prevented the clearance with his hand.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Bees 2nd goal on 14:04 - Oct 29 with 2377 viewsQPR_Jim

Agree with that, we could have easily had two if Egan wasn't in such good form. I find it strange that we almost see Smithies playing well as cheating (should have been 4-0 etc) yet don't acknowledge the same in the opposition.
Bees 2nd goal on 14:07 - Oct 29 with 2370 viewsTHEBUSH

Handball or not Brentford got their tactics right, we did not.

The pitch seemed as hard as concrete and we played plenty of head football, instead of controlling the ball and keeping it on the ground.

Our centre backs and midfield were caught out of position many times.

Only one person can be blamed for all the above our manager JFH
Bees 2nd goal on 15:46 - Oct 29 with 2322 viewswestberksr

Can't disagree with the stats, but I don't recall any of our chances being that close or putting Bentley under too much pressure.

They were the better side and given we had that many chances and the only real excitement was the effort cleared in injury time (only one that sticks in my head). They had better made chances and Smithies once again made the scoreline look slightly better for us than I felt was really the case, also the interception by Ned in the first half also stopped an almost certain goal.

We all see it differently but I thought we were shite and using the 60 minute example I suspect we were just as likely to run out of the few ideas that we did have rather than keep pushing on
Bees 2nd goal on 16:00 - Oct 29 with 2300 viewsToast_R

QPR were crap in every position in every minute of that game. Brentford gave our boys a thorough lesson in team work, tactics and passion.

There was absolutely nothing positive to take from that except the possibility that JFH is a step nearer the exit.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2016 16:01]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024