Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football rules for kids 13:57 - Nov 22 with 2051 viewsNov77

Disagree with number 4. Match ends only when it's too dark to see anymore.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Football rules for kids on 14:17 - Nov 22 with 2025 viewsWokingR

God that used to wind me up
You could be 20 goals in the lead and then some snotty git from the losing side announces next goal wins
Football rules for kids on 14:21 - Nov 22 with 2012 viewspaulparker

Monkeyroots will remember when we played at school
it would be 20 a side playing with a tennis ball on the girls netball court ,
1st break, lunch break and then 3rd break the game would go on & on sometimes the score would go on through the week
then in the summer we were allowed to play on the grass where it would be headers & Volleys and world cup/Wembley (no goal hangers allowed though )

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Football rules for kids on 14:27 - Nov 22 with 2001 viewshoof_hearted

Number 8 is wrong. They are the ones who prove themselves by getting filthy rich and buying a football club.

Also, anyone who gets hit in the freezing cold thigh with a rocket shot from a rock hard Wembley Trophy ball must not let anyone else see them crying. "Sniff...nah, I just got a cold and allergy at the same time, sniff".
Football rules for kids on 14:37 - Nov 22 with 1984 viewsstuabd

11 should be no matter what people tell you, do not take the ball off, tackle or in any way annoy the hardest kid in your year.
Football rules for kids on 14:58 - Nov 22 with 1964 viewsNov77

I forgot about goal hangers. There used to be one little fat kid (should've gone in goal), all he used to do was spend the entire game standing next to the opposition goalkeeper. Then, whenever any of us had a shot at goal he would try and deflect it in. he'd stick his arm in the air to celebrate and look around expecting everyone to tell him how brilliant he was!
[Post edited 22 Nov 2016 15:01]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Football rules for kids on 16:06 - Nov 22 with 1913 viewsStanisgod

I think no 8 went on to be refs .

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Football rules for kids on 20:28 - Nov 22 with 1802 viewsBrianMcCarthy

13. When playing with no nets if it's a goal then the goalie has to run and get the ball back from behind the goal, if it was wide whoever had the shot had to go and get it. "Like Fugg! it was wide. You get it!"

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Football rules for kids on 07:26 - Nov 23 with 1698 viewsLadbrokeR

Apart from a match I remember playing World Cup and also knockout which involved kicking the ball against a wall when your turn came. What fun.
Login to get fewer ads

Football rules for kids on 12:50 - Nov 23 with 1619 viewswelwynranger

In this photo all the dads are happy to get the kids out of the house for a few hours. Nowadays its get them effing kids away from my new Audi. Different times
Football rules for kids on 13:17 - Nov 23 with 1606 viewsstowmarketrange

Football rules for kids on 20:28 - Nov 22 by BrianMcCarthy

13. When playing with no nets if it's a goal then the goalie has to run and get the ball back from behind the goal, if it was wide whoever had the shot had to go and get it. "Like Fugg! it was wide. You get it!"

I remember one Sunday league match when 1of our defenders gave away a penalty and then kicked the ball away behind the goal in disgust.
The other team told me to go and get the ball for them but after various swear words were exchanged,they went to get the ball themselves while I stood on my line relaxing.
Luckily I saved the resultant penalty,so my gamesmanship paid off that time.
I think we still lost though.
Football rules for kids on 13:31 - Nov 23 with 1595 viewsTonto

there was also the big debate about whether or not the ball went in or went over the jumper/post (often quite a long debate)

debate settled with the use of a penalty, unless the owner of the ball had scored the disputed goal in which case it stood after they threatened to go home with it

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Football rules for kids on 14:52 - Nov 23 with 1557 viewshoof_hearted

Football rules for kids on 13:17 - Nov 23 by stowmarketrange

I remember one Sunday league match when 1of our defenders gave away a penalty and then kicked the ball away behind the goal in disgust.
The other team told me to go and get the ball for them but after various swear words were exchanged,they went to get the ball themselves while I stood on my line relaxing.
Luckily I saved the resultant penalty,so my gamesmanship paid off that time.
I think we still lost though.

...and were you a fat kid?

I was a right footed, fat kid but played on the left wing and screamed like a total psychopath when running towards a defender. They just thought I was going to hurt them (which I would have) and half heartedly moved aside most of the time.
Football rules for kids on 14:58 - Nov 23 with 1552 viewsstowmarketrange

Football rules for kids on 14:52 - Nov 23 by hoof_hearted

...and were you a fat kid?

I was a right footed, fat kid but played on the left wing and screamed like a total psychopath when running towards a defender. They just thought I was going to hurt them (which I would have) and half heartedly moved aside most of the time.

No I was just lazy.I tried running once and it didn't suit me.I once got told off by my youth coach for playing cards in the goalmouth.It was a boring match though.
Football rules for kids on 14:59 - Nov 23 with 1551 viewshoof_hearted

Football rules for kids on 14:58 - Nov 23 by stowmarketrange

No I was just lazy.I tried running once and it didn't suit me.I once got told off by my youth coach for playing cards in the goalmouth.It was a boring match though.

That's rule 1 scratched off the list between us then
Football rules for kids on 15:20 - Nov 23 with 1541 viewsMick_S

Football rules for kids on 14:58 - Nov 23 by stowmarketrange

Our school goalie once let one in through his legs because my mate was standing behind the goal (no nets) and tried to sell him some sausages - naturally enough, it broke his concentration.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Football rules for kids on 16:02 - Nov 23 with 1508 viewsstowmarketrange

Football rules for kids on 15:20 - Nov 23 by Mick_S

Our school goalie once let one in through his legs because my mate was standing behind the goal (no nets) and tried to sell him some sausages - naturally enough, it broke his concentration.

You didn't tell us whether he bought them or not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024