Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
hope olly gets money for xmas and new years 18:21 - Dec 11 with 5304 viewsthemodfather

too many to55er managers have been given too much money, mostly wasted imo now we are in deep trouble again, he will need a serious injection of cash to buy the quality we need and keep sir les away from the deals, the current squad is not strong enough in all areas so time for a fresh think and fresh faces. over to TF and co.....
hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 18:31 - Dec 11 with 4180 viewsRoller

Holloway's remit is to work with and improve the players we've got. There may be a small budget available, but I wouldn't bet on it; he may have to sell to buy.

Buying a whole raft of new players has been as successful as continually changing the manager.
hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 18:33 - Dec 11 with 4173 viewsswissqpr

In this whole debate, i do not understand for what this team is not good enough, for the playoffs, mid table or to avoid relegation or for what must holloway buy players,whats the aim.
hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 18:36 - Dec 11 with 4163 viewsNoDiddley

We have the right mix of players..its square pegs in round holes plus when you join QPR you become a worse player than you were before.
hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 18:37 - Dec 11 with 4157 viewsJamie

Absolutely not, would be an awful decision, especially when we're not exactly flush with cash.
hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 18:39 - Dec 11 with 4148 viewsBrightonhoop

Are we likely to get an embargo re FFP or was that just a rumour?
hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 18:52 - Dec 11 with 4120 views2Thomas2Bowles

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 18:33 - Dec 11 by swissqpr

In this whole debate, i do not understand for what this team is not good enough, for the playoffs, mid table or to avoid relegation or for what must holloway buy players,whats the aim.

Well if they are not able to do any of those things, you have your answer.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 19:49 - Dec 11 with 4023 viewsNorthernr

I fcking don't. No manager should be given any more money here until they've at least tried this team with two fcking wingers and two fcking strikers on the field. If that doesn't work, fair enough, the people who say these players aren't good enough are right and we'll need to do something.
hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 20:56 - Dec 11 with 3917 viewsQPR_John

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 18:39 - Dec 11 by Brightonhoop

Are we likely to get an embargo re FFP or was that just a rumour?

FFP now there's a blast from the past
Login to get fewer ads

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 23:12 - Dec 11 with 3793 viewsdaveB

far more likely to sell rather than buy in january
hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 23:52 - Dec 11 with 3764 viewsSimonJames

Since Ollie has so far failed to demonstrate a regular cohesive system, that is just lacking quality in one or two areas, it's hard to see what positions (other than a really effective captain) he can rationally argue need filling. So I doubt he'll get anything other than loaners to cover injuries.
We need width and strikers, but we already have those.

100% of people who drink water will die.

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 02:05 - Dec 12 with 3732 viewsWilloW4

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 18:33 - Dec 11 by swissqpr

Avoiding relegation would be a start..!!!
hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 02:43 - Dec 12 with 3721 viewsisawqpratwcity

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 02:05 - Dec 12 by WilloW4

This, but while also clearing out all of the huge earners and turning into cash anybody who is valued significantly higher by some-one else than us.

Damn, I've just convinced myself that offers for Smithies will, at least, be considered this next window.

Meanwhile, negotiations continue to get Sandro off his salary contract and onto per-hour remuneration, since that is all he can ever manage to play.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 04:09 - Dec 12 with 3700 viewsjoolsyp

Bring Doughty and Furlong back (assuming we can recall them?). Sell Caulker and give Sandro away to Palace. Play Doughty in front of a back 4. Drop Chery.

And what the hell, recall JET - at least he knows where the back of the net is.

At least we'll have half a team and a manager with League 1 experience because at this rate that's where we'll be playing next season.
hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 07:46 - Dec 12 with 3643 viewsDesertBoot

That's the QPR way in recent years and look where we are now. Bring in players, change manager, bring in more players, change manager - it doesn't work.
There's a decent squad there and some of our better/more exciting players aren't getting a look in - give them a go. I'm talking mainly here about Shadipo.

Wish I could be like David Watts

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 12:57 - Dec 12 with 3533 viewsswissqpr

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 02:05 - Dec 12 by WilloW4

Then actually why we changed the manager.Under JFH we were a solid mid-table team never in danger for relegation.Holloway bring us to the path down and to give him money to save hims own mess is mad.Before we bring JFH back where showed already is capable for mid-table.I would give Holloway the next 3 games to find the way.
hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 13:03 - Dec 12 with 3518 views2Thomas2Bowles

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 12:57 - Dec 12 by swissqpr

Then actually why we changed the manager.Under JFH we were a solid mid-table team never in danger for relegation.Holloway bring us to the path down and to give him money to save hims own mess is mad.Before we bring JFH back where showed already is capable for mid-table.I would give Holloway the next 3 games to find the way.

3 games dear god, we are not fecked with IH but some fans sure are in the head.

What you going to do if he don't, you have already chucked your toys out.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2016 13:07]

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 13:14 - Dec 12 with 3488 viewsBurnleyhoop

We are showing all the signs of typical relegation fodder. It's not formations and a lack of ability that is the issue. We are spineless with a soft underbelly that opens up as soon as we concede.

The teams that invariably go down, are the ones that throw the towel in because they haven't got the stomach for a fight. And right now, that looks like us. Where's Clint Hill when you need him?
hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 13:44 - Dec 12 with 3464 viewsisawqpratwcity

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 12:57 - Dec 12 by swissqpr

No, that is too harsh.

Regardless of how anybody feels about Holloway, you cannot say he is responsible for where we are, and nor can you say, after four games, that he has three more games to fix it.

The man is a professional manager of some reputation, and if we treated him like that, he would be the last professional manager we would have for a long, long time.

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 13:45 - Dec 12 with 3463 viewsAntti_Heinola

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 13:14 - Dec 12 by Burnleyhoop

We are showing all the signs of typical relegation fodder. It's not formations and a lack of ability that is the issue. We are spineless with a soft underbelly that opens up as soon as we concede.

The teams that invariably go down, are the ones that throw the towel in because they haven't got the stomach for a fight. And right now, that looks like us. Where's Clint Hill when you need him?

We went down twice with Clint in the side.
We would be exactly where we are with Clint in the side now.

Bare bones.

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 13:57 - Dec 12 with 3438 viewsSimonJames

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 13:14 - Dec 12 by Burnleyhoop

Pre-Ollie we were averaging 1.25 points per game and therefore on target to finish around about 11th or 12th. So I think labels like "relegation fodder" are a bit OTT.

Obviously Ollie is messing around with things a bit at the moment to see if he can find a better formula and unfortunately it's made things worse. It's not unusual for a manager to have poor results in their first 7 or 8 games in charge before they start getting things right.

Having said that I think most people agree that we need some stronger leadership on the pitch... and that ain't Ned.

100% of people who drink water will die.

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 15:53 - Dec 12 with 3364 viewsBoston

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 13:57 - Dec 12 by SimonJames

Pre-Ollie we were averaging 1.25 points per game and therefore on target to finish around about 11th or 12th. So I think labels like "relegation fodder" are a bit OTT.

Obviously Ollie is messing around with things a bit at the moment to see if he can find a better formula and unfortunately it's made things worse. It's not unusual for a manager to have poor results in their first 7 or 8 games in charge before they start getting things right.

Having said that I think most people agree that we need some stronger leadership on the pitch... and that ain't Ned.

Ned is a donkey.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 15:54 - Dec 12 with 3364 viewsswissqpr

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 13:44 - Dec 12 by isawqpratwcity

No, that is too harsh.

Regardless of how anybody feels about Holloway, you cannot say he is responsible for where we are, and nor can you say, after four games, that he has three more games to fix it.

The man is a professional manager of some reputation, and if we treated him like that, he would be the last professional manager we would have for a long, long time.

I feel nothing against Holloway.He is the manager now and i support QPR.
But under him we don't slide,we fall down and thats started not under JFH,under him we were pure boring mid-table with own youngster on the pitch.What you would make if the next 3 games are all 0-3,further so?
hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 16:18 - Dec 12 with 3344 views2Thomas2Bowles

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 15:54 - Dec 12 by swissqpr

But under him we don't slide,we fall down and thats started not under JFH,under him we were pure boring mid-table with own youngster on the pitch.What you would make if the next 3 games are all 0-3,further so?

It's you giving him 3 games and you have not answered what you are going to do.

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 16:22 - Dec 12 with 3336 viewsisawqpratwcity

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 15:54 - Dec 12 by swissqpr

I thought it was too soon to sack JFH, but that doesn't prejudice me against Holloway.

Holloway had no input into building this squad.

Things were a long way from perfect under JFH and a lot of those problems have dropped square into Olly's lap.

And even if Olly doesn't get on top of things and relegation looks probable, or even certain, I still don't want another manager this season. Give the bloke a decent chance, and if he fails, plan a replacement properly. This knee-jerk response stuff hasn't worked too well for us the last few seasons, imo.

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 20:18 - Dec 12 with 3256 viewsDorse

Knowing our luck, Olly will be given Book Tokens rather than money. And buy Joey Barton's autobiography.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024