Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What on earth is Holloway doing? 14:26 - Dec 18 with 5825 viewsbaz_qpr

Jesus Christ. We've gone from being dull and solid, to being the easiest team in the league to play against.
Pretty much raised the white flag from the start. Absolutely no belief in what they are doing. Luongo and Chery had absolute stinkers as did Bidwell Lynch Washington , Yeni
What on earth is Holloway doing? on 14:29 - Dec 18 with 4370 viewsqprphil

He has a cunning plan, but he's forgotten to tell the players what it is.
What on earth is Holloway doing? on 14:35 - Dec 18 with 4329 viewsMatch82

He can start by docking Ned a weeks wages every time he hits a long ball up to the striker. Did th at work once today? Just giving possession back to them. There was a point in the second half where he did it twice in the space of 30 seconds. Both times with predictable results.
What on earth is Holloway doing? on 14:43 - Dec 18 with 4244 views2Thomas2Bowles

As I asked someone else, what team would you have played that would have won today

I agree about those players performances, but could Ollie have predicted them he took 2 of them off was it 3 or he did see it and replaced them. so I think he did the right thing with the subs.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 14:47]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 14:43 - Dec 18 with 4243 viewsWestonsuperR

A hugely disappointing start to Holloway's time in charge but this seems a little harsh based on improved performances in the last 2 matches, Derby and Villa two of the better teams in the league and you could argue we were worth 4pts from the 2 matches.

We certainly didn't raise the white flag from the start, plenty of effort but no cutting edge.
What on earth is Holloway doing? on 14:46 - Dec 18 with 4198 viewsNov77

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 14:43 - Dec 18 by WestonsuperR

A hugely disappointing start to Holloway's time in charge but this seems a little harsh based on improved performances in the last 2 matches, Derby and Villa two of the better teams in the league and you could argue we were worth 4pts from the 2 matches.

We certainly didn't raise the white flag from the start, plenty of effort but no cutting edge.

He took one striker off to bring on another when we should be playing with two strikers at home.
Even at the end he could have brought BFG on and really tested their back four but left him on the bench.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 14:46 - Dec 18 with 4199 viewsStanisgod

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 14:35 - Dec 18 by Match82

He can start by docking Ned a weeks wages every time he hits a long ball up to the striker. Did th at work once today? Just giving possession back to them. There was a point in the second half where he did it twice in the space of 30 seconds. Both times with predictable results.

I actually prefer him doing that than trying to turn on it like an oil tanker and getting caught in possession yet again.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 14:48 - Dec 18 with 4182 views2Thomas2Bowles

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 14:46 - Dec 18 by Nov77

He took one striker off to bring on another when we should be playing with two strikers at home.
Even at the end he could have brought BFG on and really tested their back four but left him on the bench.

In your opinion

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 14:49 - Dec 18 with 4154 viewsJamie

We appointed a man who has suffered two breakdowns in recent years caused by football, and who has already stated several times since taking over that in his head he knew he was finished and was enjoying retirement but came back for one more try because it was QPR on the phone.

What did anybody genuinely expect to happen?
Login to get fewer ads

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 14:52 - Dec 18 with 4136 viewsNov77

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 14:48 - Dec 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

In your opinion

Are you suggesting their back four were tested today?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 14:58 - Dec 18 with 4084 views2Thomas2Bowles

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 14:52 - Dec 18 by Nov77

Are you suggesting their back four were tested today?

no. but that does not mean you are right, it's just your opinion.

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 15:01 - Dec 18 with 4049 viewsbrad

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 14:49 - Dec 18 by Jamie

We appointed a man who has suffered two breakdowns in recent years caused by football, and who has already stated several times since taking over that in his head he knew he was finished and was enjoying retirement but came back for one more try because it was QPR on the phone.

What did anybody genuinely expect to happen?

totally spot on...............our big mistake was not to leave warnock in charge last year......we are paying for it now...... im afraid holloway is a busted flush......
What on earth is Holloway doing? on 15:03 - Dec 18 with 4017 views2Thomas2Bowles

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 15:01 - Dec 18 by brad

totally spot on...............our big mistake was not to leave warnock in charge last year......we are paying for it now...... im afraid holloway is a busted flush......

Nothing to do with the players then.........

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 15:06 - Dec 18 with 3998 viewsWestonsuperR

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 15:01 - Dec 18 by brad

You may or may not be right but staggering to make that claim after just 6 games in charge of a squad he hasn't been able to add to.
What on earth is Holloway doing? on 15:07 - Dec 18 with 3989 viewscorse

What is ollie doing? Beats me. Cannot figure it out. Nothing probably. I think it was quite idiotic thing to sack jfh and hire holloway.
What on earth is Holloway doing? on 15:08 - Dec 18 with 3978 viewswood_hoop

Looks very much like trying to make a silk purse from a pigs ear .

I think IH will be looking for a few loanees come the January window,

IH has a bigger mountain to climb than he imagined, it's the players he's got to work with, many today were playing for their wages and not much else.

Maybe some are better than they looked today but they certainly did the very minimum when it came to showing just why they are classed as pro players,Smithies just about the only one who could put 'professional footballer' on his passport with any real justification.

Don't wear the 'passion' coat, small amounts can help but to me they played as most had footballing brain cells below zero.

Managers can help implant knowledge, but not if a hammer and chisel are the required tools, cannot believe that IH would send his players out with the instructions to play with such an insepid lack of intellgance, don't need to be Einsteins but to me it s jumping out in spades that a complete lack of ideas as to what it takes to win a football match seems lodged firmly between their ears.

IH cannot go on the pitch and hold their hands like you would a toddler learning to walk, his best friend may well be the Ladybird 'Book of Football' as I cannot see any of our lot understandng if he did joined up writing on the marker boards in the dressing rooms, even simple crayon drawings would probably bypass them, have come to the conclussion that many of our players are 'frauds' when the word proffesional is used as an adjective to describe their lively hoods
What on earth is Holloway doing? on 15:09 - Dec 18 with 3966 viewsbaz_qpr

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 14:43 - Dec 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

As I asked someone else, what team would you have played that would have won today

I agree about those players performances, but could Ollie have predicted them he took 2 of them off was it 3 or he did see it and replaced them. so I think he did the right thing with the subs.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 14:47]

Smithies

Perch
Bidwell
Lynch
Hall

Borysiuk
Luongo

Wslozek
Chery
Shodipo

Sylla

Same formation as today round pegs, round holes
What on earth is Holloway doing? on 15:10 - Dec 18 with 3961 viewscyprusmel

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 14:35 - Dec 18 by Match82

I agree, I'm not a great lover of Ned, and as a captain he's not at the races but if we are constantly going to sky the ball forward we might as well sign Crouch on a 6 month contract and have someone who can get on the end of it. It makes no sense at all launching ball after ball at Washington at 5 foot 10 when he is the one who should be picking up the knock downs. I feel sorry for Washington we don't play to his style at all.
What on earth is Holloway doing? on 15:11 - Dec 18 with 3945 viewsNov77

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 15:06 - Dec 18 by WestonsuperR

You may or may not be right but staggering to make that claim after just 6 games in charge of a squad he hasn't been able to add to.

When warnock and de Canio took over we were in deep shit, it wasn't their squad but they got us out of trouble.
When Holloway took over we were relatively safe, now we are in the shit again.
Played five games against eleven men and lost all of them scoring one goal.
That's Rotherham form (unless we are playing them of course!)

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 15:11 - Dec 18 with 3946 views2Thomas2Bowles

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 15:08 - Dec 18 by wood_hoop

Looks very much like trying to make a silk purse from a pigs ear .

I think IH will be looking for a few loanees come the January window,

IH has a bigger mountain to climb than he imagined, it's the players he's got to work with, many today were playing for their wages and not much else.

Maybe some are better than they looked today but they certainly did the very minimum when it came to showing just why they are classed as pro players,Smithies just about the only one who could put 'professional footballer' on his passport with any real justification.

Don't wear the 'passion' coat, small amounts can help but to me they played as most had footballing brain cells below zero.

Managers can help implant knowledge, but not if a hammer and chisel are the required tools, cannot believe that IH would send his players out with the instructions to play with such an insepid lack of intellgance, don't need to be Einsteins but to me it s jumping out in spades that a complete lack of ideas as to what it takes to win a football match seems lodged firmly between their ears.

IH cannot go on the pitch and hold their hands like you would a toddler learning to walk, his best friend may well be the Ladybird 'Book of Football' as I cannot see any of our lot understandng if he did joined up writing on the marker boards in the dressing rooms, even simple crayon drawings would probably bypass them, have come to the conclussion that many of our players are 'frauds' when the word proffesional is used as an adjective to describe their lively hoods

A sensible post at last.

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 15:17 - Dec 18 with 3899 viewsDiscodroids

I doubt Dr Strange could weave a tantric spell out of the strikers we have.

This current collective make Mike Small look like karl heinz rummenigge

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 15:26 - Dec 18 with 3830 viewsNortholt_Rs

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 15:17 - Dec 18 by Discodroids

I doubt Dr Strange could weave a tantric spell out of the strikers we have.

This current collective make Mike Small look like karl heinz rummenigge

So whose fault is that Glen? Who put this squad together?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 15:39 - Dec 18 with 3744 viewsWatford_Ranger

Against Norwich we tried something new and it kind of worked.

Since then we've not played the same formation again. If it has to be one up top it has to be Polter. I like Washington and he's a grafter. Play him left where he looked good and Shodipo right if we are persevering with one up.

Sandro will be back in next week.
What on earth is Holloway doing? on 15:45 - Dec 18 with 3711 viewscyprusmel

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 15:39 - Dec 18 by Watford_Ranger

Since then we've not played the same formation again. If it has to be one up top it has to be Polter. I like Washington and he's a grafter. Play him left where he looked good and Shodipo right if we are persevering with one up.

I agree with playing Shodipo but play him from the start, I don't dig into this theme were young players have to be protected, the only way the improve is to play week in and week out. If you are good enough you should be playing and I think he will only improve with game time.
What on earth is Holloway doing? on 16:18 - Dec 18 with 3549 viewsSimonJames

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 15:39 - Dec 18 by Watford_Ranger

I agree, we should play against ten players every match.

100% of people who drink water will die.

What on earth is Holloway doing? on 16:31 - Dec 18 with 3473 viewsDejR_vu

I didn't think we were too bad personally. I'd certainly rather watch that than anything served up under JFH.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024