Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brighton away - just a thought 12:07 - Dec 22 with 2801 viewsngbqpr

So we've sold out (well when I got mine 20 minutes ago, that left 5).

We've lost 5 on the spin, we seem to be in chaos, it's an early kick off after one of the booziest days of the year, and it's live on TV.

But we've still sold out. That's fantastic.

So I've got an idea....it's a bit radical but I'm hoping it might just catch on. Why don't we sing all game? That's right, ALL game. 95 minutes. And why not make every song positive? (ie none of that "we're fkin $hit" malarkey). Why don't we all agree not to boo, slag off players / management / board...just a good old fashioned sing song down 'Sussex by the sea'.

You never know....it might just prove to be more fun than spitting bile from the first misplaced pass...and it might, just MIGHT, help the team.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Brighton away - just a thought on 12:17 - Dec 22 with 2758 viewsMytch_QPR

It's a corking idea, just avoid that terrible song that a few were singing at Fulham last season!

Ollie still has a lot of credit with the fans - I hope all going see a good game and at least a point.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Brighton away - just a thought on 12:19 - Dec 22 with 2746 viewsLincoln_Hoop

Radical to say the least. But you know what? It makes sense.

A 2k strong following counts for absolutely nothing if all the players can hear is negativity from the 1st minute. I think back to Charlton away in 2014 - huge away following, but utter poison in the away end.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2016 12:20]
Brighton away - just a thought on 12:20 - Dec 22 with 2739 viewsDevonWhite

We've sold out? My word. We're all mental.
Brighton away - just a thought on 12:22 - Dec 22 with 2725 viewsTacticalR

There will be more away than at home games soon.

Air hostess clique

Brighton away - just a thought on 12:31 - Dec 22 with 2697 viewsWatford_Ranger

I still think it's up to the team to give the fans something to be positive about. It doesn't take loads - a good tackle in midfield, a shot on target, a corner. When was the last time we played well in front of a good away following?
Brighton away - just a thought on 12:33 - Dec 22 with 2692 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I'm hoping so, just hope the stewards aren't tw@ts like they normally are at Brighton

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Brighton away - just a thought on 12:50 - Dec 22 with 2648 viewsTacticalR

Brighton away - just a thought on 12:31 - Dec 22 by Watford_Ranger

I still think it's up to the team to give the fans something to be positive about. It doesn't take loads - a good tackle in midfield, a shot on target, a corner. When was the last time we played well in front of a good away following?

Due to FFP we can no longer afford shots on target.

Air hostess clique

Brighton away - just a thought on 13:12 - Dec 22 with 2592 viewsngbqpr

Brighton away - just a thought on 12:31 - Dec 22 by Watford_Ranger

I know they're elite professional sportsmen who get paid more than most of us can even dream of....but confidence is still a very brittle thing...maybe we'd get that tackle a bit quicker if there's an almighty & sustained racket from the supporters from the minute the whistle goes.

As someone who's been going since the 70s, I have a real problem with current ticket prices, especially knowing how much goes to average players and their agents...but having doled out, I'm still inclined to think, sod it, let's enjoy it whatever....rather than stand back and say "impress me, earn my support"

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Login to get fewer ads

Brighton away - just a thought on 13:40 - Dec 22 with 2544 viewsR_from_afar

Fantastic idea, and one of the posts of the year! It has to be worth a try and even if we lose yet again, our fans will feel like at least they made the best of their day out. It might even inspire the players.

I also love the mental toughness and swagger it conveys - we're Rangers fans, you can't bring us down . Do it!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Brighton away - just a thought on 14:08 - Dec 22 with 2488 viewsWatford_Ranger

Brighton away - just a thought on 13:12 - Dec 22 by ngbqpr

I know they're elite professional sportsmen who get paid more than most of us can even dream of....but confidence is still a very brittle thing...maybe we'd get that tackle a bit quicker if there's an almighty & sustained racket from the supporters from the minute the whistle goes.

As someone who's been going since the 70s, I have a real problem with current ticket prices, especially knowing how much goes to average players and their agents...but having doled out, I'm still inclined to think, sod it, let's enjoy it whatever....rather than stand back and say "impress me, earn my support"

I take your point.

However at Rotherham we were very positive at the start and allowed the worst team in the league to slice through us in the first 20 seconds. At Fulham the support was brilliant but we were still awful for about 70 minutes.

I desperately hope we turn this around but I don't honestly think this management is capable of it no matter how good the suppport is. After Rotherham I'm not going away again until I have faith it won't be a waste of time and money. Sincere good luck to those going.
Brighton away - just a thought on 14:15 - Dec 22 with 2463 viewsM40R

Almost heartbroken it's a sell out as the atmosphere at the last two Brighton aways was dire, even at 0-0. (We lost 2-0 and 4-0) Wish I was going now. Fulham was also an away sell out and the atmosphere ws brilliant even though we used up all of our luck for the season in that game.

"Win away" is a suggested song but not like the version we have used in the past:
Brighton away - just a thought on 14:27 - Dec 22 with 2428 viewsdaveB

The only away game we've tried that in this season was Fulham away and it was a great day out
Brighton away - just a thought on 14:35 - Dec 22 with 2404 viewswestberksr

I'm sat with a Brighton mate in the home end; should be interesting!
Brighton away - just a thought on 14:43 - Dec 22 with 2374 viewsBerkoRanger

Yep - I'm all for that. Let's be positive.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2016 14:44]
Brighton away - just a thought on 15:06 - Dec 22 with 2333 viewsLblock

It'll never catch on

Boo!
Hiss!
Down with this soucery!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Brighton away - just a thought on 15:22 - Dec 22 with 2299 viewslosethedrum

Superb idea , spread the word everyone !
Brighton away - just a thought on 17:29 - Dec 22 with 2147 viewsSimonJames

Brighton away - just a thought on 12:20 - Dec 22 by DevonWhite

We've sold out? My word. We're all mental.

Maybe all the tickets have been bought as presents for the ones who were naughty rather than nice.

100% of people who drink water will die.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024