Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! 23:17 - Jan 12 with 5623 viewsA40Bosh

Ring Ring:
"Hello, It's me, listen go straight in and go to Sky Sports 1 on channel 511 on the Virgin box please and make sure you record Reading v Qpr for me please love as I will watch it when I get in tonight - Do it now please cos it is 7:45 and it might be a 7:45 pm kick off, ok?"

"Yeah, alright,.....yeah..........bye"

10:45pm
"are you still awake?"
"yeah,"
"sorry love, which room did you record the match on the TV I can't find it"

"oh..........I forgot"

BEDROOM DOOR OF YOUNGEST DAUGHTERS SLAMS SHUT SO HARD, my wife gets out of bed to see what has happened.

No Sale or Return Option
Comes with built in gormless module free of charge
Collection or will drop within mainland UK for no extra charge.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 01:01 - Jan 13 with 5037 viewsBoston

Fourteen year old girl for sale...ooer.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 03:40 - Jan 13 with 4964 viewsdolcelatte

Although absolutely no help to you on this one, download the sky÷ app and then you can just set it to record from your phone. No further need for forgetful 14 year olds!

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 03:43 - Jan 13 with 4964 viewsstowmarketrange

My 14 year old daughter is exactly the same,but I set it myself before I left for work.Maybe it's an age thing or possibly all kids can't remember sh@t unless you tell them via text message or Facebook?
READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 06:04 - Jan 13 with 4860 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

You've no one to blame but yourself. You knew she had a built in gormless module and yet you still left her with a vital, sacrosanct task to perform.

Send her back for repair or refund if still within warranty.
READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 07:40 - Jan 13 with 4689 viewslondonscottish

I had a right ball ache.

All the family was out so I bought a Now TV pass and went through to the front room and the big telly. After 10 mins I gave up looking for the Now TV remote.

Went to the other TV and fired it up. Couldn't get the Chromecast dongle to see the wifi. Got the laptop out, looked it up, downloaded the latest Chromecast and Google Home apps and faffed about for ages. No joy.

Fired up the kids' Chromebase to watch it on there. Error message. This device doesn't support Silverlight....

Got the laptop out again. Error; you need to dowload the latest version of Silverlight. Downloaded it, plugged my mini Bose speaker in. Silence. Ripped the speaker cable out of the back of the Chromebase, plugged it into the laptop and it's live!

FFS what a faff.

Luckily I was right by the fridge so poured myself a stiff VAT and sat glued to the screen for the next 90 mins.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 08:11 - Jan 13 with 4569 viewsNortholt_Rs

READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 07:40 - Jan 13 by londonscottish

I had a right ball ache.

All the family was out so I bought a Now TV pass and went through to the front room and the big telly. After 10 mins I gave up looking for the Now TV remote.

Went to the other TV and fired it up. Couldn't get the Chromecast dongle to see the wifi. Got the laptop out, looked it up, downloaded the latest Chromecast and Google Home apps and faffed about for ages. No joy.

Fired up the kids' Chromebase to watch it on there. Error message. This device doesn't support Silverlight....

Got the laptop out again. Error; you need to dowload the latest version of Silverlight. Downloaded it, plugged my mini Bose speaker in. Silence. Ripped the speaker cable out of the back of the Chromebase, plugged it into the laptop and it's live!

FFS what a faff.

Luckily I was right by the fridge so poured myself a stiff VAT and sat glued to the screen for the next 90 mins.

Worth it though!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 08:26 - Jan 13 with 4515 viewsWokingR

For your own sake you need to put Holloway on "block" now
He's going to be all over the offer of a 14 year old girl like a rash
READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 08:43 - Jan 13 with 4462 viewsKonk

Well done on the restraint front, mate. I feel your pain. That is rank incompetence.

Years ago my mate’s Dad came in from work and was fast forwarding and rewinding a video looking for that afternoon’s Tottenham game, only to discover that his wife had in fact taped Murder she wrote and some other shi te. After he’d consulted the TV listings and established that the wrong channel had indeed been recorded, he calmly unplugged the video, walked to the patio door with it tucked under his arm, opened the door, went into the garden, shut the door behind him, threw the video from above his head onto the patio and spent a couple of minutes jumping on it, before hurling it against the shed and finally launching it over the fence. After that he returned to his armchair as if nothing had happened. Big Spurs fan. Bit of a short fuse.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 08:50 - Jan 13 with 4425 viewsstowmarketrange

READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 08:43 - Jan 13 by Konk

Well done on the restraint front, mate. I feel your pain. That is rank incompetence.

Years ago my mate’s Dad came in from work and was fast forwarding and rewinding a video looking for that afternoon’s Tottenham game, only to discover that his wife had in fact taped Murder she wrote and some other shi te. After he’d consulted the TV listings and established that the wrong channel had indeed been recorded, he calmly unplugged the video, walked to the patio door with it tucked under his arm, opened the door, went into the garden, shut the door behind him, threw the video from above his head onto the patio and spent a couple of minutes jumping on it, before hurling it against the shed and finally launching it over the fence. After that he returned to his armchair as if nothing had happened. Big Spurs fan. Bit of a short fuse.

Did they win?
READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 08:51 - Jan 13 with 4424 views2Thomas2Bowles

1982 cup final, ferguson videostar (RF) all set up.

Gets home turns on to watch the build up and game.

Sister had turned the tv over to another station as did not like football and it only recorded the station the tv was on.

Never got on with her since.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 8:53]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 08:59 - Jan 13 with 4364 viewsKonk

READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 08:50 - Jan 13 by stowmarketrange

Did they win?

No idea. He's the sort of bloke who goes off on one when he's unhappy about something, so the thing that struck my mate as weird was that his Dad had calmly gone about destroying the video and launching it over the fence without saying a word. He didn't replace it for something like 3/4 years either, and no-one brought the subject up.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 09:26 - Jan 13 with 4274 viewsstowmarketrange

READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 08:59 - Jan 13 by Konk

No idea. He's the sort of bloke who goes off on one when he's unhappy about something, so the thing that struck my mate as weird was that his Dad had calmly gone about destroying the video and launching it over the fence without saying a word. He didn't replace it for something like 3/4 years either, and no-one brought the subject up.

The closest I've come to losing it watching football is when Derby went 2-0 up against us a few years back.I got out of my chair and kicked out at my coffee table and virtually broke my big toe.
I didn't half feel like an idiot when we came back to win 4-2.
Happy days.
READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 10:41 - Jan 13 with 4115 viewspaulparker

READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 09:26 - Jan 13 by stowmarketrange

The closest I've come to losing it watching football is when Derby went 2-0 up against us a few years back.I got out of my chair and kicked out at my coffee table and virtually broke my big toe.
I didn't half feel like an idiot when we came back to win 4-2.
Happy days.

but then the flip side is stowe the celebrations , when Mackie scored against City in that game I shot off out the front door screaming like a loon and went off down the road twirling my t shirt around my head like ryan giggs against arsenal , the similarities are that we both have hairy chests but mine had a beer gut and moobs

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 14:35 - Jan 13 with 3966 viewsTacticalR

Before selling off the kids why not start a thread asking if anyone else has recorded the Reading match? If so they can upload it to a file hosting service like Dropbox and then you can download it.

Air hostess clique

READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 14:38 - Jan 13 with 3942 viewsPinnerPaul

READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 08:43 - Jan 13 by Konk

READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 14:52 - Jan 13 with 3874 viewsBrianMcCarthy

When I still lived at home I had a constant struggle with the parents' video. Apparently, it wasn't my Mom's fault, the thing had a mind of its own. Hmmm....

I'd come home from Loftus Road and calmly turn on the machine to see what fresh hell of a documentary was masquerading as a football match. Rangers may have beaten Arsenal 2-0 in the cup but not according to that video machine which told me that all that happened that night was that loads of Brazilians grew loads of bananas, and that Cagney and Lacey were grumpy but solved a murder nonetheless.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 18:03 - Jan 13 with 3668 viewsPunteR

Reminds me when my dad asked my mum to record some program on our old video player while he was out. He made the mistake of asking my mum to press pause at the adverts so he could watch the program when he got in uninterrupted.
Unfortunately when he got in and settled, all he had was adverts.
My mum got a bit flustered and pressed down the pause button when the program started and then released the button for the adverts.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 18:06 - Jan 13 with 3661 views2Thomas2Bowles

READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 18:03 - Jan 13 by PunteR

Reminds me when my dad asked my mum to record some program on our old video player while he was out. He made the mistake of asking my mum to press pause at the adverts so he could watch the program when he got in uninterrupted.
Unfortunately when he got in and settled, all he had was adverts.
My mum got a bit flustered and pressed down the pause button when the program started and then released the button for the adverts.

READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 18:16 - Jan 13 with 3621 viewsW7Ranger

Whodunnit? (The Murder?)
READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 18:22 - Jan 13 with 3603 viewsW7Ranger

My mum got me to record the Crystal poxy Maze one afternoon which started half way through a QPR game that was live on ITV which I was also recording. So had to stop recording at half time...

That game was Manchester United 1 Queens Park Rangers 4 !!!!!!

READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 18:48 - Jan 13 with 3537 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

When I was a kid, we had 3 chanels in black and white and a coat hanger for an aerial. Colour TVs and video machines were like science fiction to me. Mind you, we were still using an outside loo in the 70s.
READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 19:14 - Jan 13 with 3464 views2Thomas2Bowles

READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 18:48 - Jan 13 by Hoop_Du_Jour

When I was a kid, we had 3 chanels in black and white and a coat hanger for an aerial. Colour TVs and video machines were like science fiction to me. Mind you, we were still using an outside loo in the 70s.

You were lucky to have a loo, we just had a bucket

READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 19:19 - Jan 13 with 3450 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 19:14 - Jan 13 by 2Thomas2Bowles

You were lucky to have a loo, we just had a bucket

I lived in a hole in the ground and had to get up four hours before I went to bed!

(Monty Python^)
READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 19:20 - Jan 13 with 3443 views2Thomas2Bowles

READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 19:19 - Jan 13 by Hoop_Du_Jour

I lived in a hole in the ground and had to get up four hours before I went to bed!

(Monty Python^)

READING v QPR Related: 1 x 14yr old Daughter for sale £0.01!!!!!!! on 15:42 - Jan 14 with 2956 viewsToast_R

I thought my Sky box was knackerd as it wouldnt record anything
Failed
Failed
Failed
Failed is all I was getting. The programme synopsis wasn't working on anything either. Discovered my two year old son had been getting behind the tv unit and had been pulling leads and chords galore. Turns out he'd pulled on of the Sky aerials lose from the box. Proper too like the fitting at the end had come away and was still in the back of the box. What can you do?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024