Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong 10:53 - Jan 20 with 3435 viewsM40R

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-boss-says-hed-mad-not-include-youngster-f

I'm pleased. First because Furlong has potential and did well at Reading. Second, cos I disagree with Ollie's assessment of Perch (other than - wierdly - that spell he had a left back last season).
Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 11:31 - Jan 20 with 3369 viewsstevenagehoop

Right decision but it will be harder for him tomorrow.Will have his defending qualities tested far more.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 11:37 - Jan 20 with 3343 viewsWatford_Ranger

We have a chance with Furlong tomorrow. There is not one thing Perch can do better on a football pitch and there is no argument for him to be our first choice right-back.
Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 11:41 - Jan 20 with 3330 viewsRs_Holy

Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 11:37 - Jan 20 by Watford_Ranger

We have a chance with Furlong tomorrow. There is not one thing Perch can do better on a football pitch and there is no argument for him to be our first choice right-back.

totally agree but we still need to look after Furs Junior!
There will be times this season when he will need a rest (or gets injured), so Perch is still an important squad member.
Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 11:45 - Jan 20 with 3316 viewsWatford_Ranger

Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 11:41 - Jan 20 by Rs_Holy

totally agree but we still need to look after Furs Junior!
There will be times this season when he will need a rest (or gets injured), so Perch is still an important squad member.

I just can't stand him. 31 and plays like a kid with that gormless look on his face as another cross goes past.

Furlong is 21 and we have 20 games left. Injury-permitting he should start them all IMO.
Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 11:51 - Jan 20 with 3292 viewsozexile

Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 11:45 - Jan 20 by Watford_Ranger

I just can't stand him. 31 and plays like a kid with that gormless look on his face as another cross goes past.

Furlong is 21 and we have 20 games left. Injury-permitting he should start them all IMO.

Yep
Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 12:11 - Jan 20 with 3247 viewsrobith

Personally I think Perch has improved to "kinda solid" under Ollie.

However, I'm always of the mind that unless you have a spate of games in short succession or an obvious tactical need, you keep the incumbent if things are going well
Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 12:23 - Jan 20 with 3197 viewsFDC

Glad to hear this. A bit of a departure from the past, when young players seemed to come in, play well, that get dropped again. Glad Holloway is bold enough to give them tough assignments and see how they fair.

Hope Furlong has another good game. Listening to the Loftcast earlier (great interview with Manning by the way), I think we may set up fairly similarly to the game against Reading, in which case I look forward to seeing the partnership down the right side with Furlong and Wszolek again.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2017 12:26]
Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 12:49 - Jan 20 with 3133 viewsDiscodroids

Furlong looks like he has beefed up a bit. He was overlapping like pietro mennea with an irradiated graphite carbon rod up his arsehole against Reading . Possibly another kyle Walker on our hands. Luvverly Jubberly.

Even Better that he consigns Perch to the bench.hopefully in perpetuity and beyond.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2017 12:50]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 12:58 - Jan 20 with 3094 viewslondonscottish

Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 12:49 - Jan 20 by Discodroids

Furlong looks like he has beefed up a bit. He was overlapping like pietro mennea with an irradiated graphite carbon rod up his arsehole against Reading . Possibly another kyle Walker on our hands. Luvverly Jubberly.

Even Better that he consigns Perch to the bench.hopefully in perpetuity and beyond.

Psychadelic Furs.

Happy with that.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 13:04 - Jan 20 with 3063 viewspaulparker

Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 12:49 - Jan 20 by Discodroids

You know what DD I thought the same thing about Furlong , the over lapping gave us an attacking threat we haven't seen since , well Kyle Walker
the lad needs games and I would give him at least the next 5 to show us what he can do

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 13:10 - Jan 20 with 3038 viewslondonscottish

Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 13:04 - Jan 20 by paulparker

You know what DD I thought the same thing about Furlong , the over lapping gave us an attacking threat we haven't seen since , well Kyle Walker
the lad needs games and I would give him at least the next 5 to show us what he can do

Agree with that,

He was causing havoc along with Wszolek down the right.

Walker-like.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 13:31 - Jan 20 with 2971 viewsToast_R

Like Furlong a lot. Number 29 on his back, playing with a point to prove.
Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 14:12 - Jan 20 with 2884 viewsTW_R

"Perchy knows that and the great thing about him is that he can play anywhere across the midfield......."

I really hope this isn't what I think it is!
Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 14:29 - Jan 20 with 2847 viewsNorthernr

Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 14:12 - Jan 20 by TW_R

"Perchy knows that and the great thing about him is that he can play anywhere across the midfield......."

To be fair, Perch played (and scored) far better against us in midfield for Wigan in the play ofs than he ever has done since he got to us.

Not playing well, Furlong is, no brainer, but an important decision to make. Whoever we pick at full back will have a tough time against these.
Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 16:45 - Jan 20 with 2729 viewsTW_R

Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 14:29 - Jan 20 by Northernr

To be fair, Perch played (and scored) far better against us in midfield for Wigan in the play ofs than he ever has done since he got to us.

Not playing well, Furlong is, no brainer, but an important decision to make. Whoever we pick at full back will have a tough time against these.

I'd be very happy to see Furlong play. He was brilliant against Reading. I think as long as Pav does his defensive duties as well as he did against Reading, we should be OK down that side.

Fair point about Perch, but we've got enough bloody midfielders as it is, plus we're playing Hall there too. Would be nice to see us play some of them ahead of Perch.
Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 17:56 - Jan 20 with 2647 viewsPunteR

I think Furlong should play. Proved he can step up to championship level against Reading. Why recall him from Swindon if he isn't going to play.
Big test for him mind you.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 18:04 - Jan 20 with 2632 viewsDanVanDyke

Olly still miffed about Sylla judging by the 'funny face' comment which I assume relates to Sylla not looking happy about being subbed.

I like that Olly is making a stand against typical w@nker football behaviour, but I'm not entirely sure Sylla's reaction justifies this continual harping on about it or that the modern footballer can be changed. Also, in contrast to pulling a face about being subbed is in no way worse than costing us at least 3 points with crazy reckless challenges leading to red cards which 'perfect pro' Perch has done.

We don't want to be p!ssing Sylla off when he's our only striker.
Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 22:35 - Jan 20 with 2443 viewsTrom

Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 14:12 - Jan 20 by TW_R

Brings back the Matty Rose comments of yesteryear. Good to see youngster being given a chance for more than one game. Happy with the directions he's taking.
Perch back but Holloway sticks with Furlong on 10:20 - Jan 21 with 2279 viewsLazyFan

Perch cannot play RB.

But I have seen him a few times at LB and strangely he looked reasonably solid. However I am lazy and do not see many games. I suspect I saw the few times he has delivered there. But he still did not overlap and therefore Bidwell and Robinson (when is his ETA?) are better.

If he can play midfield then maybe he will be a potential replacement should Hall get injured now we have a CMD reducer in the team. Hall will be better as he can run with the ball into space and then pass. In fact does Hall play CMD or SW (Sweeper) in front of the defence?
As you can have a SW in front of the defence, although that has not been played by many teams for at least a decade or more.

I also suspect that Perch could play CB, similar to Hill. But there is no way he can play RB he is always in the wrong position, hence his wreckless diving into tackles and giving away free-kicks.

EOL

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024