Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deluded Fulham Fans. 12:18 - Jan 23 with 3513 viewsBostonR

Is it me, or did I miss that we played a combination of Real Madrid and Barcelona on Saturday?
Fulham fans seem to think they fit that bill and aside from the fact that we made our pitch 4ft x 4ft and played a pressing game (that is not just fair) and they should be a least in with a shout of winning the Premier League next year.
Yes, they were good in possession, but that was it. An average keeper, two centre-backs who do not have a clue and a team coached by Len Goodman who would probably get a game with them - they fell over so often!
We have had some decent sides at LR this season (and we have been poor) but Fulham were no-where near say Newcastle or Brentford who were both outstanding.
Maybe I should thank them for the 4pts this season!
Deluded Fulham Fans. on 12:37 - Jan 23 with 2802 viewsPlanetHonneywood

No doubt, they knock it around with some ease. But from a half hour in, we could have played 'Sweet Georgia Brown' and nipped in and out to the toilet without fear of missing anything much.

They're not a bad side and it's better to pass the ball than welly it, but as a thread on here questioned the 'possession is everything' mindset, they didn't have us sat crapping ourselves!

I remain of the view.....fcuk 'em!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Deluded Fulham Fans. on 12:44 - Jan 23 with 2739 viewswhittocksRs

They've got some nice ball players, who they'll likely lose in the summer if they don't squeeze up via the play offs, but their central defence is shocking (thank god Ream turned us down) and a decent centre forward would have a field day against them.

The stuff about us having a small pitch, a bad pitch, whatever, is the a hallmark of a team running out of ideas. Newcastle certainly didn't have the same problem, and the pitch was pretty much the same, albeit very slightly fresher, back then.

Their fans need to calm down a little — they seem more like the new Derby 2013-16 than the new Barcelona.
Deluded Fulham Fans. on 12:49 - Jan 23 with 2709 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Who?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Deluded Fulham Fans. on 12:52 - Jan 23 with 2688 viewsA40Bosh

Ok Boston, so I headed straight from LR to Hammersmith and met up with my best mates from school days, who are all Fulham and mates with Konk and a couple of their Fulham supporting mates, all of us had come straight from the match.

They know where they are, they know where we are and that we perfected a game plan that stopped them playing their style of game, which has seen them improve over the last couple of months and only lost one in their last 7 or 8 or whatever it is.

They recognize that we have a superb keeper who they would love to have and that players like Mackie and Pawel would give their defense a hard time, but it was obvious that whilst we have sorted out our defensive frailties, we are still lacking quality up front and that Sylla is not the answer.

Furthermore, they also recognized that had we held out and not conceded the equalizer then they would not have had too many complaints either.

I think if we had played them at our place at the same time we were playing Brentford and Newcastle, then they would have given us a footballing lesson at that time as well. The difference is that we are not the same team now that played Newcastle and Brentford and that allowed us to stop Fulham playing like they can do.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Deluded Fulham Fans. on 12:55 - Jan 23 with 2652 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Deluded Fulham Fans. on 12:52 - Jan 23 by A40Bosh

Ok Boston, so I headed straight from LR to Hammersmith and met up with my best mates from school days, who are all Fulham and mates with Konk and a couple of their Fulham supporting mates, all of us had come straight from the match.

They know where they are, they know where we are and that we perfected a game plan that stopped them playing their style of game, which has seen them improve over the last couple of months and only lost one in their last 7 or 8 or whatever it is.

They recognize that we have a superb keeper who they would love to have and that players like Mackie and Pawel would give their defense a hard time, but it was obvious that whilst we have sorted out our defensive frailties, we are still lacking quality up front and that Sylla is not the answer.

Furthermore, they also recognized that had we held out and not conceded the equalizer then they would not have had too many complaints either.

I think if we had played them at our place at the same time we were playing Brentford and Newcastle, then they would have given us a footballing lesson at that time as well. The difference is that we are not the same team now that played Newcastle and Brentford and that allowed us to stop Fulham playing like they can do.

Interesting stuff, Bosh.

What were their thought son Manning? I feel myself that he played solidly on Saturday but was not MOTM. Not being curmudgeonly, just curious.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Deluded Fulham Fans. on 12:56 - Jan 23 with 2651 viewsrobith

Especially confusing as for the 5 minutes before their goal, the away fans started getting on their team's back
Deluded Fulham Fans. on 13:00 - Jan 23 with 2611 viewsDorse

I actually quite like Fulham. Mainly because Konk is such a good ambassador. But they do seem to over-work the possession side of the game.

I don't think they'll do badly - overall they look like a side that might have a decent Play Off push.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Deluded Fulham Fans. on 13:01 - Jan 23 with 2612 viewsJeff

The most recent stats i can find are:

Craven Cottage is 110 x 75 Yards for a total area of 8250 square yards

Loftus Road is 112 x 72 Yards for a total area of 8064 Square yards.

Unless they've drastically increased their pitch size in the last couple of years, their pitch is 2% bigger than ours.

Can we not knock it?

Login to get fewer ads

Deluded Fulham Fans. on 13:04 - Jan 23 with 2579 viewsTacticalR

@BostonR 'We have had some decent sides at LR this season (and we have been poor) but Fulham were nowhere near say Newcastle or Brentford who were both outstanding.'

Fulham have beaten Newcastle and Brentford this season, and have also thrashed Huddersfield 5-0 and Reading 5-0.

I am sure if they had gone a goal ahead they would have been more difficult to handle.

Air hostess clique

Deluded Fulham Fans. on 13:10 - Jan 23 with 2541 viewsstowmarketrange

Deluded Fulham Fans. on 13:04 - Jan 23 by TacticalR

@BostonR 'We have had some decent sides at LR this season (and we have been poor) but Fulham were nowhere near say Newcastle or Brentford who were both outstanding.'

Fulham have beaten Newcastle and Brentford this season, and have also thrashed Huddersfield 5-0 and Reading 5-0.

I am sure if they had gone a goal ahead they would have been more difficult to handle.

If they could score from the penalty spot we might've struggled a bit more,but the penalty spot at our ground must be 12 1/2 yards or something.
They missed and we scored the first goal.Anything else is just speculation.
Deluded Fulham Fans. on 14:09 - Jan 23 with 2285 viewsMrSheen

I'm truly thankful to God for letting me live long enough to see both 1970 Brazil and 2017 Fulham.
Deluded Fulham Fans. on 14:15 - Jan 23 with 2254 viewssmegma

Deluded Fulham Fans. on 13:04 - Jan 23 by TacticalR

If ifs & ands were pots of pans....we'd be in a kitchen.
Deluded Fulham Fans. on 14:21 - Jan 23 with 2224 viewsToast_R

Fulham are a good team but they just seem to be lacking a goal scorer at the moment. I actually think if had they kept McCormack this season, they could have been in the top 6 already. Cairny I was very impressed with. The problem being if they don't make the playoffs, will they have to sell again?

I hope they make them, I actually think they'll win them if they do.
Deluded Fulham Fans. on 14:27 - Jan 23 with 2196 viewssmegma

I thought Fulham were so f*cking boring to watch. Most of their play was between the back four or deep lying midfielders. The ball was in our half of the pitch for about 10% of the time. Their keeper touched the ball more than Chris Martin but dived less.
Deluded Fulham Fans. on 14:27 - Jan 23 with 2195 viewsWestbourneR

Quite surprised people don't rate Sylla I think he makes a very good job of playing on his own up front and feeding of scraps. The number of aimless punts he manages to take down and lay off is exceptional. He does it far more than Polter ever did and yet the German was loved.

Where Sylla is lacking is finesse and poise in front of goal. He can look clumsy - but, that said, not very clumsy considering all his other plus points and the fact he was very cheap for centre forward.

I think he looks to be a very good buy indeed.

We are so much worse whenever he goes off.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Deluded Fulham Fans. on 14:31 - Jan 23 with 2174 viewssmegma

If you were talking about the Reading game I'd agree but on Saturday he won 90% of the headers but headed it onto no one. As for his holding up and laying it off, I don't recall more than about 3 times this occurred. He never had a shot at goal either which I believe is what a centre forward usually does.
Deluded Fulham Fans. on 14:37 - Jan 23 with 2150 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Deluded Fulham Fans. on 14:09 - Jan 23 by MrSheen

I'm truly thankful to God for letting me live long enough to see both 1970 Brazil and 2017 Fulham.

Outstanding, wins the internet today!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Deluded Fulham Fans. on 14:46 - Jan 23 with 2095 viewsWestbourneR

I counted more than that - but again he was generally living of very very limited service and also he had almost no one around him. I haven't seen many players over the years who could do a lot better at Championship level.

I agree he didn't threaten the goal enough and I don't think he's ever going to be more than 1 in 3 striker but his back to goal game is strong.

Would Polter have done more with that service? Surely the answer is no - and yet he got a lot of support from the crowd and on here.

The antipathy towards Sylla seems odd. I don't think Ollie's attitude in the press has helped.

Deluded Fulham Fans. on 14:51 - Jan 23 with 2059 viewssmegma

I never mentioned Polter and I don't know if you're up to speed but left two weeks ago.
Our only other shot on target was a long range effort from Washington. It's what a forwards job is.
Deluded Fulham Fans. on 14:52 - Jan 23 with 2058 viewsPinnerPaul

Deluded Fulham Fans. on 13:01 - Jan 23 by Jeff

The most recent stats i can find are:

Craven Cottage is 110 x 75 Yards for a total area of 8250 square yards

Loftus Road is 112 x 72 Yards for a total area of 8064 Square yards.

Unless they've drastically increased their pitch size in the last couple of years, their pitch is 2% bigger than ours.

Spot on Jeff.

As there are max/min pitch sizes allowed the ones in the top two flights don't really vary that much - certainly not enough to stop a professional side from playing the way want to!

As someone said above Newcastle managed fine as did quite a few sides who gave us a tonking in the PL!
Deluded Fulham Fans. on 15:18 - Jan 23 with 1964 viewsWestbourneR

Deluded Fulham Fans. on 14:51 - Jan 23 by smegma

I never mentioned Polter and I don't know if you're up to speed but left two weeks ago.
Our only other shot on target was a long range effort from Washington. It's what a forwards job is.

I was waiting for you to get aggressive - and yep - there you go. Nice one. Usual service resumed.

Anyway back to discussing this like a normal rational person. A striker's job, particularly a target man's, job is not to just 'have shots'. Shouldn't really have to say that but it does seem to be your sole point.

If that was the case then I guess you'd imagine we'd have been better off if Washington had played for the whole game rather than Sylla. I don't think that's right and I'd be surprised if anyone does, aside from you of course.

Deluded Fulham Fans. on 15:24 - Jan 23 with 1936 viewsA40Bosh

Deluded Fulham Fans. on 12:55 - Jan 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Interesting stuff, Bosh.

What were their thought son Manning? I feel myself that he played solidly on Saturday but was not MOTM. Not being curmudgeonly, just curious.

Hi Brian,

When we met up outside LR I was discussing that I had just seen Manning get the MOM from Sky and my mate Dave as a bit perplexed about that. He thought Manning was a niggley little fella (not knowing anything about him) and not that accomplished - it was only I after then told him that Manning was 20 and only just coming through from the under 23s and that he was on his 4th professional start having come over from Galway Utd as a 17 old that Dave then changed his mind a bit and said, that made sense and with that in mind there is probably a good player in there waiting to be developed etc

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Deluded Fulham Fans. on 15:29 - Jan 23 with 1905 viewsrobith

Deluded Fulham Fans. on 14:27 - Jan 23 by WestbourneR

Quite surprised people don't rate Sylla I think he makes a very good job of playing on his own up front and feeding of scraps. The number of aimless punts he manages to take down and lay off is exceptional. He does it far more than Polter ever did and yet the German was loved.

Where Sylla is lacking is finesse and poise in front of goal. He can look clumsy - but, that said, not very clumsy considering all his other plus points and the fact he was very cheap for centre forward.

I think he looks to be a very good buy indeed.

We are so much worse whenever he goes off.

I concur - especially as we're playing so direct as well. Once he went off, we lost out out ball, the ball stopped sticking further up the pitch and allowed Fulham to put us under a lot more pressure.

Given the all round ability of the team and the fact that we seem to want to play straight over the heads of our midfield, he's a pretty core memeber of the squad right now given his ability in that field.

Tends to score important goals too
Deluded Fulham Fans. on 15:35 - Jan 23 with 1877 viewsdaveB

I thought they played very well at times in the second half, look a decent side but a draw was a fair result.

As Bosh said if we had played them earlier in the season that would have been a 4-0 defeat
Deluded Fulham Fans. on 15:37 - Jan 23 with 1861 viewskensalriser

Deluded Fulham Fans. on 14:21 - Jan 23 by Toast_R

Fulham are a good team but they just seem to be lacking a goal scorer at the moment. I actually think if had they kept McCormack this season, they could have been in the top 6 already. Cairny I was very impressed with. The problem being if they don't make the playoffs, will they have to sell again?

I hope they make them, I actually think they'll win them if they do.

Ross McC in trouble at Villa for being lardy and missing training, apparently.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024