Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't Forget Your Voucher - Pie & a Pint 14:18 - Jan 27 with 2564 viewsToast_R

For only three sheets! I'm expecting them to be completely sold out by 2:15pm in SA Road tomorrow having forgot to put more on.

Got me thinking, best pie I ever had? My Nan's Lamb & mint pies from the 1980s, all about the gravy. As cook for Wimbledon fire station back in the day, boy she could make an excellent pie - God rest her soul. Naturally cold hands (before she died), ideal for pastry making I was told.

At a match - I had a memorable Scouse pie at Everton once. Not bad at all.

Anyone else have a memorable pie?

Don't Forget Your Voucher - Pie & a Pint on 14:56 - Jan 27 with 2524 viewsDiscodroids

My East Ham Nanny Flo's Steak and kidney pudding . Every saturday tea time just as Johnny Kwango was twisting Mick McManus ears and Dominic Allen on LBC Sportswatch was informing me that we'd lost 2-1 at brisbane road due to a David McCreery own goal and a john Chiedozie deflection in the 87th minute , me and my sister would tear each other apart charging down the narrow hallway of her council flat to get to this tender suet Spice melange.

It was like imbibing the 4th rib of jesus christ himself. Food of the gods.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Don't Forget Your Voucher - Pie & a Pint on 14:57 - Jan 27 with 2520 viewsPinnerPaul

Looking at ticket availability on the offy, there's not much chance of anything running out!
Don't Forget Your Voucher - Pie & a Pint on 15:22 - Jan 27 with 2469 viewsRBlock

Nice idea, but no way I'm getting to the ground for 2:30. Rather pay full price for another decent pint in the pub, than pay 3 quid for that crap Carlsberg and dodgy pie. Don't mean to denegrate the idea, appreciate the gesture. Just not for me.
Don't Forget Your Voucher - Pie & a Pint on 15:33 - Jan 27 with 2439 viewsCroydonCaptJack

My best pie story (possibly my only pie story thinking about it so by default also the worst) was when I accompanied my mate to Everton V Palace back in the eighties or early nineties.
We ordered two pies and he said 'two pounds'.
'What each?' I replied and he laughed and said in a thick scouse accent 'You are not from round ere are you lad' and took the two pounds for both of the pies.
Don't Forget Your Voucher - Pie & a Pint on 19:04 - Jan 27 with 2309 viewssmegma

Don't Forget Your Voucher - Pie & a Pint on 15:22 - Jan 27 by RBlock

Nice idea, but no way I'm getting to the ground for 2:30. Rather pay full price for another decent pint in the pub, than pay 3 quid for that crap Carlsberg and dodgy pie. Don't mean to denegrate the idea, appreciate the gesture. Just not for me.

I was given a free hot meal and drink voucher at the Watford preseason game. So I queued for pie and chips and a bottle of water. The pie was readily available but was too hot to eat. Seeing as there was a huge queue for chips , the staff decided to fry the equivalent of two portions at a time. So some twenty minutes later I got my chips, some 10 minutes into the second half. It then took 10 minutes to eat as the pie was still like volcanic lava even after twenty minutes. I burnt the roof of my mouth on both pie and chips. Therefore I will not be joining the queues for any free food. I forgot to mention that both pie and chips were absolutely tasteless.
Don't Forget Your Voucher - Pie & a Pint on 19:51 - Jan 27 with 2268 viewsHollowayRanger

im on a diet so noooo pie for me

today had cereal and apricots slices for breakfast

lunch grape,s orange, banana, rice cakes, cheese, yogurt

then a 2ND lunch when I
took my new squeeze to lunch Italian pizza beer and cake

supper fish and chips

snacks apple and oranges and the odd choc

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Don't Forget Your Voucher - Pie & a Pint on 10:56 - Jan 30 with 2089 viewsToast_R

Didn't even get mine after all that.

I was running a bit later then usual so I didn't have time for a beer and and pie before kickoff so I thought I'd try and get it in at half time. Told by the Herbert at the kiosk that the deal had ended. Let down all over the show on Saturday.

One final thing, sat in South Africa Road on Sat for first time in years (thanks to Twickets), how anyone can sit on those seats is beyond me. I had to move to an empty row for the second half because my shins were ruined. Was the population mainly Hobbits when that stand was built?
Don't Forget Your Voucher - Pie & a Pint on 11:09 - Jan 30 with 2053 viewsTacticalR

Don't Forget Your Voucher - Pie & a Pint on 19:51 - Jan 27 by HollowayRanger

im on a diet so noooo pie for me

today had cereal and apricots slices for breakfast

lunch grape,s orange, banana, rice cakes, cheese, yogurt

then a 2ND lunch when I
took my new squeeze to lunch Italian pizza beer and cake

supper fish and chips

snacks apple and oranges and the odd choc

That diet is never going to work if you have lunch with every member of the hareem.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Don't Forget Your Voucher - Pie & a Pint on 11:15 - Jan 30 with 2022 viewsconnell10

Didnt get mine as there was no one handing out vouchers when i came through the turnstile to get in the upper loft, very poor! just like the fecking game!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Don't Forget Your Voucher - Pie & a Pint on 11:17 - Jan 30 with 2016 viewsDWQPR

Was down in Greenwich will nipper yesterday afternoon and popped into Goddards Pie and Mash for double pie and mash with liquor and a bottle of London Pride all for the princely sum of £7.90

Much better value than the warm bottle of p1ss and soggy Pukka rubbish you get at HQ. Even if it was £3.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Don't Forget Your Voucher - Pie & a Pint on 11:19 - Jan 30 with 2008 viewssmegma

Don't Forget Your Voucher - Pie & a Pint on 11:15 - Jan 30 by connell10

Didnt get mine as there was no one handing out vouchers when i came through the turnstile to get in the upper loft, very poor! just like the fecking game!

The deal finished at 2.50pm apparently. I didn't even receive a voucher, not that I'm bothered. The food at Rangers is dire.
Don't Forget Your Voucher - Pie & a Pint on 11:38 - Jan 30 with 1975 viewsTacticalR

Don't Forget Your Voucher - Pie & a Pint on 11:17 - Jan 30 by DWQPR

Was down in Greenwich will nipper yesterday afternoon and popped into Goddards Pie and Mash for double pie and mash with liquor and a bottle of London Pride all for the princely sum of £7.90

Much better value than the warm bottle of p1ss and soggy Pukka rubbish you get at HQ. Even if it was £3.

If you're going through Greenwich...

The Golden Chippy: Small Greenwich chip shop ranked best restaurant in London on TripAdvisor
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/the-golden-chippy-small-greenwich-chip-sho

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024