Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What does Luongo Do? 18:18 - Jan 28 with 2682 viewsBostonR

Fecking hopeless player and ran ragged by his opposite number in the Burton side. He can't pass, invariably gives the ball away and never looks like scoring. Show him the door and do not offer him a silly 3yr contract. Let him feck off to China and buy the lad from Burton and whilst we are at it snap up their left back.
What does Luongo Do? on 18:36 - Jan 28 with 2617 viewssmegma

I said to a mate 5 minutes in 'watch Dyer run the show'.
What does Luongo Do? on 19:25 - Jan 28 with 2505 viewsessextaxiboy

I normally counter this topic with the stat saying we win more points with him playing ,, but..
He was fcking awful today.

Must have given the ball away dozens of times today , didnt break up play , didnt create anything.

I would never slag him at the game as he is what he is , a League 1 player who isnt good enough for this league .
What does Luongo Do? on 19:38 - Jan 28 with 2468 viewsbosh67

Just had a terrible first half.

What does he do well? He is good at closing down players, he is good at hassling players. But he isn't a holding midfielder.

What does he do badly? He doesn't win enough tackles, he doesn't win enough in the air? He doesn't bring the ball forward, he rarely picks out a forward pass and he almost never looks up when he does try a ball forward, which he usually gives to the opposition. He also has zero ability to shoot, or any instinct to shoot.

So, what he does well, he does a bit better than Henry did. What he does badly, Henry would get destroyed for. Yet, there is something in there that if we could get it out, isn't that bad.

However, for me I would play Doughty and Manning. Both can tackle, Doughty won everything in the air in midfield. Both face the opposition and both look to take the ball forwards, rather than back and sideways.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

What does Luongo Do? on 19:54 - Jan 28 with 2417 viewsWadR

Doesn't tackle? He's got the most tackles in the division.
Doesn't head the ball? He won a fifty fifty in the build up to Washington's goal.

Didn't have the best of games. But still set up a one on one for Washington, whilst being fouled, after an excellent run past two players, made a crunching tackle and excellent cross in the opening minutes too. Outnumbered in midfield, and often given hospital balls by our CBs, in a really scrappy match - not sure anyone on either side could be said to have been composed on the ball.

Doesn't offer enough of a goal threat, his shooting technique is really poor and his passing is average but he offers a hell of a lot imo. He's a good tackler, brave, excellent dribbler and good in tight spaces. He was excellent against Reading, good against Fulham and is really key to our pressing game. I wasn't there, but am aware he had a stinker against Blackburn - but his good games outweigh the bad. Ridiculously knee jerky to be looking to bomb him out.
Sincerely,
A Mass fan club member

Edit - Don't understand the relevance of Dyer to Luongo. It's not like they were facing up against each other.

Their left back got done half a dozen times by Wszolek, really wasn't impressed.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2017 19:57]
What does Luongo Do? on 19:54 - Jan 28 with 2410 viewsbaz_qpr

Doughty was the problem not Luongo, we have had a good run of results with Manning and Luongo who complement each other well. I'm not a massive Luongo fan but Doughty looked every bit the league one playmaker today, not mobile enough to be in a two in this formation at this level on this showing
What does Luongo Do? on 19:57 - Jan 28 with 2395 viewsTacticalR

What does Luongo Do? on 19:54 - Jan 28 by baz_qpr

Doughty was the problem not Luongo, we have had a good run of results with Manning and Luongo who complement each other well. I'm not a massive Luongo fan but Doughty looked every bit the league one playmaker today, not mobile enough to be in a two in this formation at this level on this showing

Agreed. Doughty was also one of a number of players who looked increasingly nervous as the match wore on.

Air hostess clique

What does Luongo Do? on 20:01 - Jan 28 with 2372 viewsDannytheR

Luongo had a poor game today, but he's also knitted our play together in a lot of our better performances this season. He's not consistent, and when he's off form he's very off form, but there's obviously a player in there.

There was definitely a League One player in our midfield today though, and it was Doughty, who no amount of loans is ever going to make quick enough in thought or body for this level. If Hall is out long term and he ends up with a regular starting place for us because of it, I fear for us.
What does Luongo Do? on 21:40 - Jan 28 with 2235 viewsRBlock

Luongo is a class player who had a poor game. Who I really feel for is Dougty. You can tell he has a nice passing range on him, but we didn't see that until about the hour mark where he sprayed a low cross field ball out to the right flank. From then onwards he seemed to grow into it, but that is simply not good enough. As others have alluded to, he doesn't have any legs. I understand why he started, and agreed with it at the time, but in hindsight it was a mistake.Should have played Manning.
Login to get fewer ads

What does Luongo Do? on 23:14 - Jan 28 with 2098 viewsBoston

Well lets hope Mr Holloway has learned from his mistake.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

What does Luongo Do? on 23:20 - Jan 28 with 2074 viewsLblock

Mate I've been saying it for ages, geezers pony.

Feck it we are shit

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

What does Luongo Do? on 23:23 - Jan 28 with 2077 viewsjohncharles

We need Ravel
Nuff said

Strong and stable my arse.

What does Luongo Do? on 08:23 - Jan 29 with 1911 viewsToast_R

He had a terrible game yesterday, really bad. Simple passes no more the 7 yards over hit and into touch. Passing the ball into the backs of players legs, it was embarrassing to watch. But he's been good until that. Everyone can have a stinker.
What does Luongo Do? on 08:34 - Jan 29 with 1894 viewstimcocking

He always seems isolated. Considering they go on about it being a small pitch, our players always seem to be 50 yards from each other. Grant Hall seems like a central defender playing in midfield.

I hope Sean Goss gets a proper chance. Ie start him for ten games in a row in his best position.
What does Luongo Do? on 10:06 - Jan 29 with 1766 viewsfrancisbowles

Luongo had a poor game overall but well done for pointing out his positive contributions yesterday.

He has played well in the last two games and has been influential in most games.

I can't see that two left footed players in the centre of midfield would be better? (Doughty and Manning)

With the injury to Hall, an opportunity for Goss to come straight in on Wednesday?
What does Luongo Do? on 11:05 - Jan 29 with 1704 viewsstevec

Never understood how he gets away with his performances in what is a pivotal position.

Only decent games was with Manning holding his hand.

Quite what Ollie was thinking about pairing him with a man in orange boots beggars belief. Could have been 11 points clear today, huge blunder.
What does Luongo Do? on 14:59 - Jan 29 with 1570 viewsdaveB

I like Luongo and think he could become a good player for us but he was poor yesterday and gave the ball away far too often, saying that he out one beautiful pass through to Washington who should have done better with it and even when playing poorly he at least always wants the ball and doesn't hide
What does Luongo Do? on 19:32 - Jan 29 with 1458 viewsYorkRanger

I was particularly disappointed with Doughty. I really hoped he would grab the chance and show why Holloway has recalled him, but he was so off the pace and didn't seem to show any real desire to influence the game. When Manning came on the difference between the two was clear to see.Im not writing Doughty off yet but he needs to take his chance....
What does Luongo Do? on 19:43 - Jan 29 with 1446 viewsparker64

What does Luongo Do? on 19:32 - Jan 29 by YorkRanger

I was particularly disappointed with Doughty. I really hoped he would grab the chance and show why Holloway has recalled him, but he was so off the pace and didn't seem to show any real desire to influence the game. When Manning came on the difference between the two was clear to see.Im not writing Doughty off yet but he needs to take his chance....

But that's Doughty I'm afraid. I felt a bit for him as he found himself in the midst of an insipid team performance. He won't get many chances as you say. If you were bored enough to watch the Swindon Eastleigh cup games on the telly you'd have seen he can pick a decent pass but doesn't have the legs or pace for this level of football.
What does Luongo Do? on 20:58 - Jan 29 with 1348 viewsbosh67

What does Luongo Do? on 19:43 - Jan 29 by parker64

But that's Doughty I'm afraid. I felt a bit for him as he found himself in the midst of an insipid team performance. He won't get many chances as you say. If you were bored enough to watch the Swindon Eastleigh cup games on the telly you'd have seen he can pick a decent pass but doesn't have the legs or pace for this level of football.

I'm not entirely sure I agree. I thought he was a lot better than people say yesterday. It was his first game in the team and he is double footed and won everything in the air in midfield. I understand the pace thing but people defending Luongo seem to miss the point that he doesn't have any pace either. A good engine, yes, but pace, absolutely not.

I think we have to persist here. Credit to Burton, they were better organised than us and they played on the fact that Ollie managed to upset the team in terms of shape. But we kind of have to understand that we need to coach the midfielders we have and get the best out of them. I am not sure what player is in Luongo, but there is something there. As there is with Doughty, and as we know there will be with Manning and Goss. They are all young and they all have talent, so we need to bond that group, including Wszołek and potentially Freeman and get that central core to really understand their roles, whatever combination we use.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

What does Luongo Do? on 22:19 - Jan 29 with 1246 viewsconnell10

What does Luongo Do? on 19:38 - Jan 28 by bosh67

Just had a terrible first half.

What does he do well? He is good at closing down players, he is good at hassling players. But he isn't a holding midfielder.

What does he do badly? He doesn't win enough tackles, he doesn't win enough in the air? He doesn't bring the ball forward, he rarely picks out a forward pass and he almost never looks up when he does try a ball forward, which he usually gives to the opposition. He also has zero ability to shoot, or any instinct to shoot.

So, what he does well, he does a bit better than Henry did. What he does badly, Henry would get destroyed for. Yet, there is something in there that if we could get it out, isn't that bad.

However, for me I would play Doughty and Manning. Both can tackle, Doughty won everything in the air in midfield. Both face the opposition and both look to take the ball forwards, rather than back and sideways.

Doughty was dog shite yesterday, mas and Manning all day for me!
[Post edited 29 Jan 2017 22:24]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

What does Luongo Do? on 10:30 - Jan 30 with 1075 viewsrobith

What does Luongo Do? on 19:43 - Jan 29 by parker64

Was worried of this from the second Doughty came back and people started hyping him up. Lad is 6/10. Was v poor in the upper part of the pitch especially. People seemed to imagine a player who isn't there
What does Luongo Do? on 10:45 - Jan 30 with 1049 viewsTacticalR

What does Luongo Do? on 08:34 - Jan 29 by timcocking

He always seems isolated. Considering they go on about it being a small pitch, our players always seem to be 50 yards from each other. Grant Hall seems like a central defender playing in midfield.

I hope Sean Goss gets a proper chance. Ie start him for ten games in a row in his best position.

That's a good point about player positioning.

In Cruyff's recent autobiography he says something along the lines that it is the players off the ball who determine what the pass is by making themselves available for the pass.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 10:45]

Air hostess clique

What does Luongo Do? on 12:28 - Jan 30 with 984 viewsqprphil

Luongo is one of them players that would fit into a Premier league side. He has talent, but he needs good players around him, he hasn't got that at Rangers, I class him as a luxury player. Doughty, I don't think he is good enough at this level imo. Things may change once Freeman, and possibly Morrison sign, we already have Goss in the bag, so there will be plenty of options. I expect a few unhappy players very soon.
What does Luongo Do? on 13:49 - Jan 30 with 917 viewsbaz_qpr

What does Luongo Do? on 20:58 - Jan 29 by bosh67

I'm not entirely sure I agree. I thought he was a lot better than people say yesterday. It was his first game in the team and he is double footed and won everything in the air in midfield. I understand the pace thing but people defending Luongo seem to miss the point that he doesn't have any pace either. A good engine, yes, but pace, absolutely not.

I think we have to persist here. Credit to Burton, they were better organised than us and they played on the fact that Ollie managed to upset the team in terms of shape. But we kind of have to understand that we need to coach the midfielders we have and get the best out of them. I am not sure what player is in Luongo, but there is something there. As there is with Doughty, and as we know there will be with Manning and Goss. They are all young and they all have talent, so we need to bond that group, including Wszołek and potentially Freeman and get that central core to really understand their roles, whatever combination we use.

It was not just pace Bosh, he'd play a pass and then gently jog forward. Or he would bomb forward and then gently jog back. You might be able to do that in League one but you will get torn to shreds in the championship especially in a 2 our defence was left so exposed its a wonder we did not concede more. He might have won some headers 50/50 , but we were not getting any second phase at all. Amazing the way Manning came on and suddenly all those things started to get a load better. Would have loved him to do well, he has a nice pass but in a formation where he is one of a two - Just can't see it. Hope he proves me/us wrong
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024