Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luongo 22:38 - Feb 1 with 4392 viewssevenhoop

Would love to know just how much ground he covered tonight. Amazing energy and drove the team on. Really good performance by the lad
Luongo on 22:40 - Feb 1 with 4374 views2Thomas2Bowles

If only he could score.....

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Luongo on 22:40 - Feb 1 with 4364 viewsconnell10

Yep him and manning play rather well together , mas really missed ryan on saturday i think.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Luongo on 22:44 - Feb 1 with 4312 viewsHunterhoop

I think he's cursed on that front. That shot from just inside their box after he dispossed Gouffran was destined for the top corner (when you watch the reply) but that block was unbelievable. He came from nowhere.

He's one of those who, if he ever does get a goal, may well get 2 or 3 in quick succession due to his confidence coming back and him turning those "almost" goals into goals.

Him and Manning seem to compliment each other well. With Goss at the base, certainly at home they could be a nice trio.

I also think Freeman will turn out to be a good and popular signing. I'm just not sure where he'll play yet.
Luongo on 22:44 - Feb 1 with 4309 viewsbosh67

Much better game tonight, but someone has to teach him how to put the ball in the net. But much better.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Luongo on 22:45 - Feb 1 with 4309 viewsLongsufferingR

Luongo on 22:40 - Feb 1 by 2Thomas2Bowles

If only he could score.....

Was certainly getting further forward than usual tonight - it'll come.
Luongo on 23:01 - Feb 1 with 4223 viewsRBlock

Luongo on 22:44 - Feb 1 by Hunterhoop

I think he's cursed on that front. That shot from just inside their box after he dispossed Gouffran was destined for the top corner (when you watch the reply) but that block was unbelievable. He came from nowhere.

He's one of those who, if he ever does get a goal, may well get 2 or 3 in quick succession due to his confidence coming back and him turning those "almost" goals into goals.

Him and Manning seem to compliment each other well. With Goss at the base, certainly at home they could be a nice trio.

I also think Freeman will turn out to be a good and popular signing. I'm just not sure where he'll play yet.

Ye I thought he really did seem cursed. You look at how many saves keepers have pulled off, late blocks, pinging it off the wood work, near misses. It's getting ridiculous.
Luongo on 23:50 - Feb 1 with 4087 viewsDWQPR

Very guilty of being too slow on the ball, a few occasions if he looked up for a pass he could have put Wszolek away. Jury very much still out for me.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Luongo on 00:03 - Feb 2 with 4041 viewsHunterhoop

Luongo on 23:50 - Feb 1 by DWQPR

Very guilty of being too slow on the ball, a few occasions if he looked up for a pass he could have put Wszolek away. Jury very much still out for me.

Wszolek was guilt of the same thing, more so even.

No one is saying they're perfect. But overall Luongo played well.
Login to get fewer ads

Luongo on 09:56 - Feb 2 with 3719 viewsbaz_qpr

Luongo on 22:44 - Feb 1 by Hunterhoop

If the top corner was in the centre of the goal, (It was going straight down the keepers throat!) Unlucky with the header though
Luongo on 10:00 - Feb 2 with 3708 viewsAntti_Heinola

Generally, if he plays well, we play well.

Bare bones.

Luongo on 10:59 - Feb 2 with 3608 viewsTacticalR

Looks like Holloway has told him to get a bit further forward and have a go if the opportunity arises.

Air hostess clique

Luongo on 11:02 - Feb 2 with 3596 viewsstevec

He actually put in a decent performance, much like Reading.

Does seem to have a built in hesitancy that will always hamper his game. Still, he'd be a bargain for a Chinese football team, any of them, 5 mill say, cash up front ?
Luongo on 11:36 - Feb 2 with 3533 viewsHunterhoop

Luongo on 09:56 - Feb 2 by baz_qpr

If the top corner was in the centre of the goal, (It was going straight down the keepers throat!) Unlucky with the header though

We'll have to disagree, Baz. I think that's nonsense. Slow down the reply, going straight to the top corner off the outside of his boot. The block was made outside the line of the keeper with the ball continuing on that trajectory.
Luongo on 12:24 - Feb 2 with 3462 viewskensalriser

Easy for him to cover that ground because, as we're reminded so often, he weighs little more than air itself.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Luongo on 13:05 - Feb 2 with 3392 viewsTonto

folks you have this all wrong - did you not read that thread from last week - he is a dreadful player that we should be getting rid of after putting in the worst performance in living memory....

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Luongo on 13:15 - Feb 2 with 3345 viewsTacticalR

Luongo on 13:05 - Feb 2 by Tonto

folks you have this all wrong - did you not read that thread from last week - he is a dreadful player that we should be getting rid of after putting in the worst performance in living memory....

A week is a long time in football.

Air hostess clique

Luongo on 13:24 - Feb 2 with 3300 viewsLblock

I'm a fierce critic of his and I still feel he's a bit weak.

He's also turning into our John Jensen (I was there when he scored as well)

Credit where it's due though - he had quite a good game last night and was very industrious. I agree he seems far better with Paddy Manning alongside him buzzing around and slamming into the opposition.
What Luongo needs to do is knit a string of performances together to convince. I hope he has that in him but with the constant peaks and troughs he's shown thus far I'm not sure he has -- post internationals as a point in case.

Onto Saturday - BIG GAME NEEDING BIG PLAYERS

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Luongo on 16:02 - Feb 2 with 3109 viewskensalriser

Luongo's theme tune.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Luongo on 19:32 - Feb 2 with 2947 viewsPigbag

I'm unsure of him still, I want to like him, I really do. But I though he was poor last night. He took too many touches, gave the ball away in dangerous positions & has awful composure when we have possession in or around the oppositions box. He's still young, but after a season and a half of championship football, I'd like to see that bit more of maturity to his game (technically not attitude wise). Fingers crossed as there could be a real player there.
Luongo on 20:52 - Feb 2 with 2896 viewsWadR

New contract imminent according to WLS - http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-star-close-agreeing-new-contract
Deserved in my opinion.

I actually think he's quite composed on the ball. Sometimes he takes too long with the ball, counter early in the second half after he'd won the ball off Shelvey a case in point, but he doesn't rush things needlessly. He's got the awareness and technique to create a better angle for the pass. He's really excellent at the pause, drop of shoulder and then dribble in the final third too.

Considering the upheaval in his time at the club, 3 different managers, dozens of new players, he's been remarkably constant. Only really Onuoha, Hall and to a lesser extent Perch have been as regular in the team in the last 18 months. When he fell out of favour at the beginning of Jimmy's reign, he proved himself and won back his first team place and has been pretty central to both Ramsey's and Holloway's teams. Think it is significant that 3 such different managers rate(d) him, especially as he's played a number of midfield roles in that time.

The Manning Mass partnership has some real promise, hopefully with a few months of stability - he'll prove his value to the critics (not a dig - he's deserved them sometimes).
Luongo on 00:31 - Feb 3 with 2741 viewsTacticalR

Sometimes rough diamonds are a bit rough.

Air hostess clique

Luongo on 03:47 - Feb 3 with 2701 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I know football is about opinions, but he is second in the running for POTY for me.

I don't get the lightweight thing either, I've seen him nick headers and intercept balls all the time and is a key part of his game.

As for the goal thing, it's coming. Been very unlucky .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024