Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
6 Nations 2017 Thread 11:39 - Feb 3 with 16327 viewsrobith

A new thread for a new year. England look sure fire good things to me, though they'll need to win in Dublin which won't be easy.

France and Italy both look terrible.

Get all your posts about posh people in pubs out of the way now.

I know some of you have liked or been angered by my blogs in the past - I've tried to make it a proper thing now, so it's here. Let me know if that's not OK clive and I'll take it down, don't want to be stealing your traffic now:

https://thejackalist.wordpress.com/2017/02/03/robs-6-nations-preview/
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 11:59 - Feb 3 with 8538 viewsbob566

hard to disagree with any of that Rob.

If Ireland overcome Scotland the last game should be a belter. I think England will have too much for wales.
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 12:01 - Feb 3 with 8527 viewskingsburyR

I got Wales in the sweep....so currently learning the words to Land of my Fathers!

Cracking tune by the way!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 12:02 - Feb 3 with 8523 viewsLongsufferingR

I don't like Rugby at all.

Silly game.
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 12:04 - Feb 3 with 8518 viewsMrSheen

France on the mend, Wales on the skids, Scots a real threat. Can see England, Ireland and Scotland taking a game off each other.
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 12:26 - Feb 3 with 8495 viewsElHoop

Recently I always back Scotland to win whatever it is and they never win, but they're getting closer.

Was reading the Racing Post earlier and they go for Wales as both England and Ireland have to go to Cardiff. England also go to Dublin so I don't see us as a good thing even with three home games.

I'll have a few little bets today at decent prices - Scotland to beat Ireland, Wales and Scotland outright and France for wooden spoon (they go to Italy so there's some sort of chance of this at around 18's).

France to be complete and utter shite is my main prediction.
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 12:26 - Feb 3 with 8492 viewsBlackCrowe

Disagree with OP re: France. They are becoming strong again, just don't think they have the stamina yet to match. Expect them to wilt in the last 10 mins of first half and last 20 of second. Not an easy match at all.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 12:57 - Feb 3 with 8452 viewsrobith

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 12:26 - Feb 3 by BlackCrowe

Disagree with OP re: France. They are becoming strong again, just don't think they have the stamina yet to match. Expect them to wilt in the last 10 mins of first half and last 20 of second. Not an easy match at all.

Interesting BC - you seem to a lone dissenting voice on France. For me, their pack is immobile and that backs really lack quality
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 13:01 - Feb 3 with 8446 viewsHunterhoop

This thread is evidence of why it could be such a great 6 Nations. The number of people who will accurately predict the order the 6 teams finish in will be few and far between!

Couple this with recent success some of them have had against Southern Hemisphere teams and we're talking about a high quality 6 Nations too.

Eng have the best squad and are probably the best side based on the last 12 months. But they arguably have the toughest trips away: Cardiff and Dublin, and are missing first teamers.

France could be anything.

Wales are too good to be written off like they are. Italy, if Parisse avoids injury and suspension, should pick up a win at home (Wales, Ireland, France).

Scotland could be bloody good. Very winnable games at home, especially with Sexton out this weekend, but away at Twickenham and the Stade de France is tough.

I'll plump for:

1. Eng
2. Ire
3. Scot
4. Wales
5. France
6. Italy

But no Grand Slam or Triple Crown.
Login to get fewer ads

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 14:45 - Feb 3 with 8371 viewshopphoops

i'm going to Italy vs France on the last weekend and so I hope Italy get something from one of the earlier matches (probably Wales this Sunday) to keep them interested.

Wins for France and Scotland tomorrow would provide some early spice!

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 14:51 - Feb 3 with 8369 viewsheadhoops

Going to be an interesting competition and I make Ireland the slight favourites. Home advantage over England. One aspect that could really upset all the form books is the new rules on over high tackles. Any slip and its bound to be punished, could change games.
For what its worth I go.
1. Ireland
2. England
3. Wales
4. Scotland
5. France
6. Italy

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 15:07 - Feb 3 with 8354 viewspaulparker

il avoid the pub this weekend then
it will be people who never bother to come in during the year but ask for soccer Saturday to be turned off p1ssing off all the normal regulars because they must watch Scotland vs Italy nursing half a Guinness

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 15:14 - Feb 3 with 8344 viewsrobith

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 15:07 - Feb 3 by paulparker

il avoid the pub this weekend then
it will be people who never bother to come in during the year but ask for soccer Saturday to be turned off p1ssing off all the normal regulars because they must watch Scotland vs Italy nursing half a Guinness

11 posts in! You're getting slow LFW

FYI me and my crew will be in the Faltering Fullback getting properly leathered like good egg chasing buggers
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 15:32 - Feb 3 with 8334 viewsNoelmc

Thanks Rob. Glad you are blogging on it again this year. I will read with interest.
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 15:48 - Feb 3 with 8323 viewsAlbRanger

Rugby is so much better than football :-)

Now I've got that out of the way.....

France, to me are the enigma. A good Autumn and I really thought they'd be tougher than many expect this time round. However, they seem to have quite the injury list at the moment so I don't really know what to expect from them - to me they could easily place anywhere from 2nd - 5th.

I like Scotland's progress and I think they will provide a stern test for any of the other teams.

Wales seem to be heading in one direction. Italy in the other.... I don't think they'll avoid the Wooden Spoon but it could be close. Sunday will be very interesting.

I'm going to go with:

1. England
2. Ireland
3. France
4. Scotland
5. Wales
6. Italy
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 16:15 - Feb 3 with 8297 viewsSimonJames

Underestimate France at your peril! But as long as England beat them tomorrow I think we'll win overall.
I can't see a Grand Slam being won though, so bonus points will be important.
The likely increased number of sin binnings will be a major factor. Discipline will be crucial (and so will Farrell remaining injury free).

I expect there to be only a couple of points separating 3rd-5th:
1. England
2. Ireland
3. Scotland
4. France
5. Wales
6. Italy

100% of people who drink water will die.

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 17:05 - Feb 3 with 8270 viewsrobith

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 16:15 - Feb 3 by SimonJames

Underestimate France at your peril! But as long as England beat them tomorrow I think we'll win overall.
I can't see a Grand Slam being won though, so bonus points will be important.
The likely increased number of sin binnings will be a major factor. Discipline will be crucial (and so will Farrell remaining injury free).

I expect there to be only a couple of points separating 3rd-5th:
1. England
2. Ireland
3. Scotland
4. France
5. Wales
6. Italy

Discipline is one of Ireland's key strenghts - in the 240 minutes in the Autumn against NZx2 and Australia, we only conceded 11 penalties. It's big focus of Schmidt's - apparently he sin bins players in training if they give any away to try and drive a Pavlovian reaction to not giving any silly points
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 20:39 - Feb 3 with 8207 viewskingshill

Looks like it should go down to Landsdowne Road on March 18th but you never know with the French plus the Welsh at home to England.

Last match with it all on the line would be fantastic, just like 2 years ago
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 02:11 - Feb 4 with 8133 viewsozranger

I'll thrown in my two Pacific-peso's worth here. I wouldn't take much from beating Australia by Ireland or anyone else as they are in a downward spiral as shown by their results in 2016. That said, it is hard to go past Jones and he has done really well. It was a pity that any England v New Zealand match did not take place last season. The problem for Jones and England is the monkey on the back of being undefeated. A loss is always around the corner, but the question is when. My feeling is that may just take place in Ireland, pending on Sexton. I am also not as convinced as others about how bad are les Bleus and think they are better than many consider. So:

Ireland
England
Wales
France
Scotland
Italy
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 07:59 - Feb 4 with 8094 viewsBlackCrowe

England
Ireland
France
Scotland
Wales
Italy

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 08:14 - Feb 4 with 8080 viewsToast_R

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 02:11 - Feb 4 by ozranger

I'll thrown in my two Pacific-peso's worth here. I wouldn't take much from beating Australia by Ireland or anyone else as they are in a downward spiral as shown by their results in 2016. That said, it is hard to go past Jones and he has done really well. It was a pity that any England v New Zealand match did not take place last season. The problem for Jones and England is the monkey on the back of being undefeated. A loss is always around the corner, but the question is when. My feeling is that may just take place in Ireland, pending on Sexton. I am also not as convinced as others about how bad are les Bleus and think they are better than many consider. So:

Ireland
England
Wales
France
Scotland
Italy

This England team are looking invincible again. Drilled
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 08:37 - Feb 4 with 8069 viewsdistortR

England have great strength in depth now, but i still think New Zealands experience will carry them over
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 08:43 - Feb 4 with 8065 viewsdistortR

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 08:37 - Feb 4 by distortR

England have great strength in depth now, but i still think New Zealands experience will carry them over

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 13:26 - Feb 4 with 8003 views1BobbyHazell

Could be a cracking tournament.

Really looking forward to seeing England's progress, how we deal with the pack's injuries and who emerges from the squad. We have to lose at some point so seeing the reaction to that will be interesting.

But man, that Eddie Jones, what a coach, I love everything he says and does!
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 14:35 - Feb 4 with 7966 viewsTGRRRSSS

With it being The Lions it always makes for extra intrigue as well as sub plots.
Ireland look decent (game has started as I type).

Scotland have a monster pack and both club sides doing well as well this could be their best year in a long time, but with Cotter leaving unsure how much that will bear on things.
England I tip to win, very strong but the key injuries could yet tell, certainly in terms of winning the Slam.

Wales I kind of see struggling, Italy the whipping boys who won't win a game.
France are improving slowly actually but think England will have to much this afternoon.
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 16:14 - Feb 4 with 7933 viewsSimonJames

Fantastic performance by Scotland!

100% of people who drink water will die.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024