Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spot of bother now........ 17:55 - Feb 4 with 32003 viewskropotkin41

16 games left and not a great selection of fixtures, starting next Saturday with Yorkshire's answer to Barcelona.

At first glance I reckon 15 more points............ last season that would have put us in 21st!!

A few more weeks of bad form - even with good play - and things will start to look properly bleak.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Spot of bother now........ on 18:30 - Feb 4 with 7976 viewsBoston

Shush, if you say nothing it will just go away.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Spot of bother now........ on 18:30 - Feb 4 with 7964 viewsLblock

In the cold light of a glass of Malbec I am currently hugely concerned

Defeats to Rotherham, Burton and Blackburn "fackin" Rovers erode any confidence displays against Reading, Foolham and Geordies gave.
The lack of goals is a clear issue which I'm not sure Smith or Ravel can answer over a dozen games

The Burton home game could well have been a pivotal moment.

Gutted we didn't win today. To not get anything when level and on top for 90 mins is a scandal

Oh dear

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Spot of bother now........ on 18:48 - Feb 4 with 7873 viewsplasmahoop

I think we will be OK. With our improvement in performances its suddenly not beyond the realms of possibility to win a tricky looking game. Would have liked a point today though!
Spot of bother now........ on 18:53 - Feb 4 with 7840 viewstimcocking

Nah, we've got Ravel. If Ollie plays him, we'll be fine.
Spot of bother now........ on 18:54 - Feb 4 with 7836 viewsBoston

Spot of bother now........ on 18:48 - Feb 4 by plasmahoop

I think we will be OK. With our improvement in performances its suddenly not beyond the realms of possibility to win a tricky looking game. Would have liked a point today though!

I'm with you plasma, we desperately need a constant drip of encouraging posts.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Spot of bother now........ on 19:01 - Feb 4 with 7798 viewstraininvain

Spot of bother now........ on 18:30 - Feb 4 by Lblock

Defeats to Rotherham, Burton and Blackburn "fackin" Rovers erode any confidence displays against Reading, Foolham and Geordies gave.
The lack of goals is a clear issue which I'm not sure Smith or Ravel can answer over a dozen games

Gutted we didn't win today. To not get anything when level and on top for 90 mins is a scandal

Oh dear

It's almost like sacking the manager midway through a season wasn't such a great idea.
Spot of bother now........ on 19:05 - Feb 4 with 7772 viewsDeepcutHoop

Oh dear

Scandal?

FFS
Spot of bother now........ on 19:06 - Feb 4 with 7762 viewsDejR_vu

Spot of bother now........ on 19:01 - Feb 4 by traininvain

It's almost like sacking the manager midway through a season wasn't such a great idea.

We were heading one way with JFH, and it wasn't up

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

Spot of bother now........ on 19:14 - Feb 4 with 7714 viewsbosh67

16 games and I reckon to be safe we need to win 6 of them. That really should be doable with this squad. Hopefully they don't get too down about today because they are playing a lot better.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Spot of bother now........ on 19:15 - Feb 4 with 7708 viewstraininvain

Spot of bother now........ on 19:06 - Feb 4 by DejR_vu

We were heading one way with JFH, and it wasn't up

The point is that we had a plan with a manager who'd assembled a squad and had pre-season to work with the players.

The football wasn't great but we were a fairly comfortable mid table side.

Now we have a new manager, a whole host of new signings and not much time for them all to settle..

So we've rolled the dice by changing manager halfway through the season when it wasn't really necessary. Could easily have waited till the summer.

I'm not anti Holloway or pro JFH. Simply pointing out that the owners have made a very risky move and might end up paying a big price.

Still, I'm sure the entertainment would be great in League One.
Spot of bother now........ on 19:20 - Feb 4 with 7659 viewsDejR_vu

Spot of bother now........ on 19:15 - Feb 4 by traininvain

The point is that we had a plan with a manager who'd assembled a squad and had pre-season to work with the players.

Now we have a new manager, a whole host of new signings and not much time for them all to settle..

So we've rolled the dice by changing manager halfway through the season when it wasn't really necessary. Could easily have waited till the summer.

I'm not anti Holloway or pro JFH. Simply pointing out that the owners have made a very risky move and might end up paying a big price.

I'm not convinced we were comfortably mid-table. We were most definitely on the slide.

The football was so boring even the players on the pitch were falling asleep.

I don't think changing the manager, yet again, was the issue. I think who they appointed was the big gamble. Let's all just hope we can get across the line.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Spot of bother now........ on 19:24 - Feb 4 with 7638 viewsbosh67

I understand your point but JFH was getting some results purely out of luck rather than judgement. Fulham and Forest away we got 4 points from, but the reality was that both tore us apart and failed to convert chances and penalties against us. Then there was Newcastle at home and Brentford at home, to of the most clueless performances in the club's modern history.

Totally get what you are saying, and perhaps you are right. But as another poster said more briefly, JFH wasn't taking us upwards. He took on a squad from Ramsey that had no shape or style and continued that. Ollie is at least trying to get us up the pitch in games. It's not easy because he has just got in the personnel to make that task easier, but with not many games to go. But I still believe this squad can win 6 more games out of 16.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Spot of bother now........ on 19:26 - Feb 4 with 7622 views2Thomas2Bowles

Well I think we would have got smashed against Reading Fulham and NU if JFH was still in charge.

Would we have done any better today I doubt that very much
Burton was a feck up and I can't defend that but it's crap about should have stuck with JFH .

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Spot of bother now........ on 19:26 - Feb 4 with 7618 viewsMatch82

Spot of bother now........ on 19:14 - Feb 4 by bosh67

16 games and I reckon to be safe we need to win 6 of them. That really should be doable with this squad. Hopefully they don't get too down about today because they are playing a lot better.

Nah, 3 or 4 wins, another couple of draws, that will be enough
Spot of bother now........ on 19:32 - Feb 4 with 7571 viewsLblock

Spot of bother now........ on 19:01 - Feb 4 by traininvain

We'd be jousting with Rotherham if that c0ck was still in charge
I agree we shouldn't of got rid of him mid season though; he should've gone in the summer
But we've done that to death

That last minute Forest winner hasn't lightened my mood. I'm now very much nervously looking in both wing mirrors
Oh deary deary me

Spot of bother now........ on 19:36 - Feb 4 with 7557 viewsTHEBUSH

Hope League One ain't our fate, but that's it for me, no more managers or players, we stick with what we have.
Spot of bother now........ on 19:38 - Feb 4 with 7542 viewsRuislipHoop

Hey ho,21st will do come May.
Spot of bother now........ on 19:55 - Feb 4 with 7459 viewsSimonJames

Oh dear

Since we've only beaten them once in the last 12 outings I don't understand why people were so optimistic that Blackburn was going to be a win. We're all up about a midweek draw against Newcastle, whereas Blackburn have actually beaten them both at home and away this season.
Burton should have reminded us not to start feeling confident. But not to worry, next week we'll get a glorious 1-0 win against Huddersfield and the buzz will once again swing from bust to boom (at least until we lose 2-0 to Brum).

100% of people who drink water will die.

Spot of bother now........ on 19:58 - Feb 4 with 7443 viewsCamberleyR

Fck me, just seen that Forest result. An injury time defeat after having a perfectly good goal not given, two of our rivals getting injury time winners, today is about as shit as it gets.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Spot of bother now........ on 20:04 - Feb 4 with 7404 viewsJamie

Spot of bother now........ on 19:32 - Feb 4 by Lblock

We'd be jousting with Rotherham if that c0ck was still in charge
I agree we shouldn't of got rid of him mid season though; he should've gone in the summer
But we've done that to death

That last minute Forest winner hasn't lightened my mood. I'm now very much nervously looking in both wing mirrors
Oh deary deary me

So we would be rock bottom now if we hadn't sacked a manager getting better results than we currently are?

Some glorious logic there.
Spot of bother now........ on 20:13 - Feb 4 with 7356 viewsdodge_stoke_r

If Haselbank had still been here. Washington would be playing left wing, Furlong would be playing for Swindon and and Manning would have been out the doorin January. Whatever happens for the rest of the season, good riddance
Spot of bother now........ on 20:15 - Feb 4 with 7350 views2Thomas2Bowles

Spot of bother now........ on 20:04 - Feb 4 by Jamie

So we would be rock bottom now if we hadn't sacked a manager getting better results than we currently are?

So I suppose the disallowed goal would have counted today if JFH was the manager

Spot of bother now........ on 20:15 - Feb 4 with 7341 viewsLblock

Spot of bother now........ on 20:04 - Feb 4 by Jamie

ODH win ratio 30.23%

Sir Ollie win ratio 22.2%

So you have a point - lets go the Bentford stats route then shall we?
You actually reckon that ODH would've kept us out of the bottom three and you'd have been happy to witness another 26 or so peformances from him? If so then you my friend are a lost cause to me.

I'm worried, but I am a born worrier. If it'd been ODH at the helm still then I wouldn't be worried, I'd of been sure as God made little apples that we were down and buried.
Ollie has brought hope, spirit and some much improved performances and I was gutted we got nish from the Villa and Derby games for instance as we deserved it. Same again today by all accounts and that really is a concern.

We'll see

Spot of bother now........ on 20:22 - Feb 4 with 7306 viewsJamie

Spot of bother now........ on 20:15 - Feb 4 by Lblock

ODH win ratio 30.23%

Sir Ollie win ratio 22.2%

So you have a point - lets go the Bentford stats route then shall we?
You actually reckon that ODH would've kept us out of the bottom three and you'd have been happy to witness another 26 or so peformances from him? If so then you my friend are a lost cause to me.

I'm worried, but I am a born worrier. If it'd been ODH at the helm still then I wouldn't be worried, I'd of been sure as God made little apples that we were down and buried.
Ollie has brought hope, spirit and some much improved performances and I was gutted we got nish from the Villa and Derby games for instance as we deserved it. Same again today by all accounts and that really is a concern.

We'll see

I wouldn't have enjoyed a season of Hasselbaink football as he could see the same as us - we can't defend or score - so set us up to be hard to beat but unexciting to watch. Much like the majority of clubs outside the top 4 of the PL.

Whilst unexciting to watch though, he would've comfortably kept us up, quite contrary to your embarrasing claim that we would be rock bottom if he was here still.
Spot of bother now........ on 20:23 - Feb 4 with 7301 views2Thomas2Bowles

Spot of bother now........ on 20:22 - Feb 4 by Jamie

I wouldn't have enjoyed a season of Hasselbaink football as he could see the same as us - we can't defend or score - so set us up to be hard to beat but unexciting to watch. Much like the majority of clubs outside the top 4 of the PL.

Whilst unexciting to watch though, he would've comfortably kept us up, quite contrary to your embarrasing claim that we would be rock bottom if he was here still.

he would've comfortably kept us up
Is that a fact

[Post edited 4 Feb 2017 20:26]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024