Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? 22:13 - Feb 16 with 16231 views1BobbyHazell

Well worth a watch but a bit f*cking intense, interesting insight into the mentality, disturbing.

Wouldn't recommend going to the World Cup.
Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 22:26 - Feb 16 with 9374 viewsRangersw12

Went to Moscow in 07 with England . Russians like picking off small groups but don't like it when its even numbers . Also having gum shields is cheating IMO
Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 23:29 - Feb 16 with 9278 viewsMrSheen

Nothing to worry about - official

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-fifa-infantino-russia-idUSKBN15V1H8

After you...
Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 23:39 - Feb 16 with 9261 viewsFredManRave

Wouldn't go to any one of our 3 games even if you paid me...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 00:11 - Feb 17 with 9226 viewsBoston

The only thing more worrying than the violent organized criminal football mobs in Russia are the violent organized criminal police force.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 02:19 - Feb 17 with 9173 viewsisawqpratwcity

Putin paid good money for this World Cup.

I bet the word is going out that anybody tarnishing his tournament is up for the wrath of a very, very vengeful god.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 07:32 - Feb 17 with 9070 viewsKonk

Hurray! You know there’s an international tournament coming up when the BBC do their “There will be blood” documentary. They’re usually one grade up from a Danny Dyer effort — here we interview a bloke in a ski mask telling us about the time they did unmentionable things to their rivals, destroyed a police station using only bare fists, fight with samurai swords, Surface to air missile launchers and are currently working on a nuclear arms program. That said, I wouldn’t fancy Russia 2018 for all sorts of reasons.

Spent 5 days in St Petersburg a few years ago and despite apparently having a reputation as the megalolz, Funboy 3 city of Russia, we genuinely only noticed 3-4 people smiling during the whole of our stay. Met a couple of lovely blokes on our final evening, which slightly redeemed the situation, but it made London seem like the friendliest city in the world. A very grand city, and I’m glad I went, but it didn’t leave me longing to return to Russia. Probably my loss, but everyone I asked at home about whether to bother travelling across to Moscow, said not to bother; amazing metro system, but that seemed to be the only thing they were enthusiastic about. On the police front — met a couple of ex-pats in St Petersburg and they said if there were muggers on one side of the street and old Bill on the other, they’d take their chances with the muggers — good times!

Personally, I hope Russia and Qatar are huge flops in terms of visiting numbers — you can make a strong argument for Russia hosting a WC, but not under Putin and current circumstances, whereas Qatar is obviously just a fu cking joke (wonder what the BBC “Hoolie” doco will be like for that?)

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 09:08 - Feb 17 with 8975 viewssmegma

I won't be going to Russia for one reason only. It's a third world shit house. And to think they want to invade/seize Ukraine??? That's a 13th century place.

Did anyone think it was all so very homo erotic the way they behaved. And the bit in the sauna???? And they drink herbal tea .
Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 09:14 - Feb 17 with 8962 viewsKonk

Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 09:08 - Feb 17 by smegma

I won't be going to Russia for one reason only. It's a third world shit house. And to think they want to invade/seize Ukraine??? That's a 13th century place.

Did anyone think it was all so very homo erotic the way they behaved. And the bit in the sauna???? And they drink herbal tea .

The whole thing is massively homo-erotic. A big bunch of Muscle Mary's rolling around in the Woods. I suspect everyone would be a lot happier if they packed in the fighting and took to dancing to Hi-NRG Disco in crop tops and hot pants.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 09:21 - Feb 17 with 8939 viewsMick_S

Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 09:14 - Feb 17 by Konk

The whole thing is massively homo-erotic. A big bunch of Muscle Mary's rolling around in the Woods. I suspect everyone would be a lot happier if they packed in the fighting and took to dancing to Hi-NRG Disco in crop tops and hot pants.

That meet up in the woods was one step away from dogging.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 09:23 - Feb 17 with 8932 viewspaulparker

id Love to see England draw Russia here in a World cup qualifier , lets see if this lot travel and are up for it then ,
these fcukers think that attacking innocent fans with wives and kids are fair game
bunch of cnts , especially the two lads left brain damaged
there is good and bad everywhere in the world but anyone who has had the misfortune to holiday where Russians are staying will testify that they are some of the rudest and most obxnious people going , anyone thinking of going there for the world cup needs a brain scan

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 09:24 - Feb 17 with 8921 viewsToast_R

They just look completely ridiculous, gum shields, hand wraps and with a penchant for kicking people. And at the end of it you might win a "Firm" tattoo for your troubles. It's like something out of an under budget 1980s Jean Claude Van Damme movie.

What are they doing? Get a life, just get a life.
Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 09:28 - Feb 17 with 8911 viewsblacky200

If they do cause trouble will FIFA have the balls to kick them out of their own tournament
Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 09:31 - Feb 17 with 8899 viewspaulparker

Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 09:24 - Feb 17 by Toast_R

They just look completely ridiculous, gum shields, hand wraps and with a penchant for kicking people. And at the end of it you might win a "Firm" tattoo for your troubles. It's like something out of an under budget 1980s Jean Claude Van Damme movie.

What are they doing? Get a life, just get a life.

Even the Russian Hooligans are dope cheats
I mean you average hooligan here loves a bit of knock off Stone island , CP company
loves about 5 pints and a gram of cut up Bolivian marching powder , they are all out of shape that even I look like arnie in comparison
meanwhile the Russians are fitness fanatic body builders , with strict military training
its blatant cheating
where's lord Coe when you need him ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 09:33 - Feb 17 with 8887 viewsHadders

Russia does have a bit of an image problem these days. I wonder if there is a cuddly, fun, likeable Russian person somewhere they could get on TV here (the Russian Graham Norton or, um, Jurgen Klopp) so we could get over the strong impression that their vast nation is made up of miserable, alcoholic, rascist, homophobic thugs.

An acquaintance of mine studied Russian at Uni (because she loves Tolstoy, basically) and lived in St.Peterburg for a year. She was once on a bus chatting in Russian with a mixed group of students and Russians, when an elderly woman asked if is she was Russian. My friend replied that she was, and the woman said she could tell she wasn't Russian, because she was smiling and seemed so happy.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2017 11:07]
Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 09:45 - Feb 17 with 8837 viewsLongsufferingR

Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 09:23 - Feb 17 by paulparker

id Love to see England draw Russia here in a World cup qualifier , lets see if this lot travel and are up for it then ,
these fcukers think that attacking innocent fans with wives and kids are fair game
bunch of cnts , especially the two lads left brain damaged
there is good and bad everywhere in the world but anyone who has had the misfortune to holiday where Russians are staying will testify that they are some of the rudest and most obxnious people going , anyone thinking of going there for the world cup needs a brain scan

Couldn't agree more with the last sentence. I'm usually the last person to tar a whole group of people with the same brush, but a holiday in Egypt was a real eye-opener for me with the behaviour of the many Russian visitors without exception.
Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 09:52 - Feb 17 with 8815 viewsJamie

Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 09:21 - Feb 17 by Mick_S

That meet up in the woods was one step away from dogging.

An utterly glorious tv moment.

Two groups of men standing far apart the cries of 'come on then!!!', 'no!, YOU come on then', leafing us to believe that we were about to witness a fight to the death that would need censoring to protect our fragile minds from the horror.

When one brave young warrior - fresh from telling us about us amazing new patented moves - was coaxed into engaging the deathsquad facing him, the entire spectacle dissolved into 2 minutes of synchronised hugging on the ground.

When for one terrifying split second it appeared that a punch would be thrown, the fight was called off. As the chief hitman assured us, we wouldn't want anybody to get hurt.

The highlight of the piece was the devastated young lad being consoled by his fellow spetsnaz graduates after his gum shield fell out.

For anybody heading to Russia, forget the rules of engagement at your peril. No touching of the hair or face. Nothing below the belt, strictly no punches and if a gum shield falls out, you stop IMMEDIATELY.

Safe travels.
Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 10:00 - Feb 17 with 8795 viewsBrixtonR

Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 09:45 - Feb 17 by LongsufferingR

Couldn't agree more with the last sentence. I'm usually the last person to tar a whole group of people with the same brush, but a holiday in Egypt was a real eye-opener for me with the behaviour of the many Russian visitors without exception.

In Goa they like the English and absolutely hate the Russians which considering the reputation of the English abroad plus our past relationship with India (OK I know Goa was a Portuguese colony) is interesting.
Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 10:00 - Feb 17 with 8792 viewsstonebridgers

Well we can tick the hooligan documentary off the 2018 Word Cup Bingo lost. All I need now is a report on FIFA corruption, England captain shame, England manager to be outed for taking a bung to complete my card.
I already have the Scotland failing to qualify as a given

Stonebridgers

Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 10:04 - Feb 17 with 8773 viewspaulparker

Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 10:00 - Feb 17 by stonebridgers

Well we can tick the hooligan documentary off the 2018 Word Cup Bingo lost. All I need now is a report on FIFA corruption, England captain shame, England manager to be outed for taking a bung to complete my card.
I already have the Scotland failing to qualify as a given

Have you ticked off the "Irish are the best fans in the world " "they light up a tournament " one yet ?

Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 10:31 - Feb 17 with 8704 viewsKonk

Watching them running round Marseille in their bum bags, Seb Coe shorts, muscle vests and bandanas stroking each other’s chests and biceps in scenes straight out of Venice Beach in 1985, it seemed to me that the methods we’d relied on — strength in numbers, strength in continental lager, sheer stupidity and sheep like behaviour — these were outdated. Adapt or die. Move on or move off. Innovate or don’t and wait and see what happens.

Chatting with other people from the football violence scene, it was obvious that we needed to respond; we couldn’t let this go unanswered. Our reputation was at stake. So, we got down to Sports direct, got ourselves kitted out in some Lonsdale muscle vests which we cut down to crop tops, lightweight running shorts and cleaned WH Smith at Terminal 5 out of bum bags. We set about lifting weights, chugging whey protein shakes, watching cage fighting on Youtube and rolling round on the floor with each other, practising Judo moves and wearing boxing boots. And following Dave Brailsford’s philosophy of Marginal gains, we even started doing fake tans.

Down at Fulham, a lot of blokes started complimenting me on my physique, personal grooming and my tie-dye weightlifting trousers; so one by one, I got them down to the gym as guests on my membership, and slowly things began to snowball until some of our boys were benching 100kg. We were ready.

We’re fighting fire with fire. This is my lot on their way to Blues the other week — absolutely taking the pi ss outside the Irish Centre in Digbeth. We are ready for Russia.

Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 10:31 - Feb 17 with 8703 viewsDesertBoot

I thought this was a very well produced documentary and not the usual sensationalist and stereotyping of hooligans.
England fans attacked in Marseille spoke of a "military operation", they were attacked by a very organised group who then left the city almost unnoticed.
The fact these men are modelling themselves on Putin - a show of strength, masculinity and national pride - brushing away the former image of your typical Russian drinking vodka from the bottle in a furry hut makes them pretty formidable.
Having organised mass brawls in forests to see who is ready for selection into their gangs was scary stuff.

Wish I could be like David Watts

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:34 - Feb 17 with 8698 viewslondonscottish

Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 22:26 - Feb 16 by Rangersw12

Went to Moscow in 07 with England . Russians like picking off small groups but don't like it when its even numbers . Also having gum shields is cheating IMO

Went there too.

I remember the (Russian on Russian) skirmishes in the centre before the game.

One of our lot found a white stretch limo to take the 5 of us to the game for a bout £20 and it was surreal cruising up to the ring of army trucks outside the ground.

I had a ticket in the Russian end (all I'd been able to buy on the street) but there was no way I was going in there. Ended smuggling myself into the England end with all the other latecomers - they just let a whole crowd of us in randomly. Great security...

On the way back we'd all lost our England supporters coach tickets so we chanced it in the tubes. The army kept us separate from the Russians who spent the journey trying to smash their way into out carriages through the joining doors.

We are allowed to get off first but set off on the wrong direction so had to walk through a square of moody looking f>kcers twice...

Go back to the hotel OK, went out again and came back to see the Russians had tried to strong the England supporters hotel.

We'd been oblivious to that having gone to the Georgian Hut to try to catch the Georgia Scotland game as the game was on TV. But the TV was bust.

However the manageress did end up taking us to an...errrr....very interesting club over the road after closing time.

Mental trip, hairy at times.

Literally.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2017 10:46]

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 10:46 - Feb 17 with 8658 viewsMedwayR

The thing that doesn't get mentioned about Marseille, but should have been screamed from the rooftops, is that a competent police force could have easily prevented and dealt with the trouble. Unfortunately the French don't seem to be very well informed on successful tactics for policing large/volatile crowds, a major flaw when holding a major football tournament.

Poll: Who’s better?

Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 10:55 - Feb 17 with 8640 viewsTacticalR

Anyone see the BBC doc on Russian Hooligans? on 10:31 - Feb 17 by Konk

Watching them running round Marseille in their bum bags, Seb Coe shorts, muscle vests and bandanas stroking each other’s chests and biceps in scenes straight out of Venice Beach in 1985, it seemed to me that the methods we’d relied on — strength in numbers, strength in continental lager, sheer stupidity and sheep like behaviour — these were outdated. Adapt or die. Move on or move off. Innovate or don’t and wait and see what happens.

Chatting with other people from the football violence scene, it was obvious that we needed to respond; we couldn’t let this go unanswered. Our reputation was at stake. So, we got down to Sports direct, got ourselves kitted out in some Lonsdale muscle vests which we cut down to crop tops, lightweight running shorts and cleaned WH Smith at Terminal 5 out of bum bags. We set about lifting weights, chugging whey protein shakes, watching cage fighting on Youtube and rolling round on the floor with each other, practising Judo moves and wearing boxing boots. And following Dave Brailsford’s philosophy of Marginal gains, we even started doing fake tans.

Down at Fulham, a lot of blokes started complimenting me on my physique, personal grooming and my tie-dye weightlifting trousers; so one by one, I got them down to the gym as guests on my membership, and slowly things began to snowball until some of our boys were benching 100kg. We were ready.

We’re fighting fire with fire. This is my lot on their way to Blues the other week — absolutely taking the pi ss outside the Irish Centre in Digbeth. We are ready for Russia.

This reminds me of Vladimir Markin's statement during the Marseilles events...

'Top law enforcement official Vladimir Markin said the fans were "real men" and Europe had become too used to gay parades to recognise them as such.'

Euro 2016: Russia rolls back support of violence as deportation process begins
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/14/french-police-deporting-russia-

He sounds like a man who knows a gay parade when he sees one.

Air hostess clique

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:07 - Feb 17 with 8603 viewssmegma

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:34 - Feb 17 by londonscottish

Went there too.

I remember the (Russian on Russian) skirmishes in the centre before the game.

One of our lot found a white stretch limo to take the 5 of us to the game for a bout £20 and it was surreal cruising up to the ring of army trucks outside the ground.

I had a ticket in the Russian end (all I'd been able to buy on the street) but there was no way I was going in there. Ended smuggling myself into the England end with all the other latecomers - they just let a whole crowd of us in randomly. Great security...

On the way back we'd all lost our England supporters coach tickets so we chanced it in the tubes. The army kept us separate from the Russians who spent the journey trying to smash their way into out carriages through the joining doors.

We are allowed to get off first but set off on the wrong direction so had to walk through a square of moody looking f>kcers twice...

Go back to the hotel OK, went out again and came back to see the Russians had tried to strong the England supporters hotel.

We'd been oblivious to that having gone to the Georgian Hut to try to catch the Georgia Scotland game as the game was on TV. But the TV was bust.

However the manageress did end up taking us to an...errrr....very interesting club over the road after closing time.

Mental trip, hairy at times.

Literally.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2017 10:46]

Different scenario in Moscow 1992 when all it took was one slap and 200 parted like the Red Sea.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024