Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hmm... 06:44 - Mar 5 with 4941 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QPR-Limited-Edition-Foot
[Post edited 5 Mar 2017 6:45]
Hmm... on 07:13 - Mar 5 with 4340 viewsToast_R

Thats predictable.
They're selling too for over £200 already.
Hmm... on 07:16 - Mar 5 with 4329 viewsdanehoop

If you read further down the seller mentions his son is being treated at Great Ormand Street Hospital and he is raising money towards them.

Never knowingly understood

Hmm... on 08:17 - Mar 5 with 4228 viewsDylanP

Hmm... on 07:16 - Mar 5 by danehoop

If you read further down the seller mentions his son is being treated at Great Ormand Street Hospital and he is raising money towards them.

I hate to be suspicious but he also said he was selling it at cost because it was too small. The two comments seem to contradict each other.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Hmm... on 08:39 - Mar 5 with 4160 viewsToast_R

And here's another
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252797527579

What gets me is that they are on ebay inside 24 hours, clearly not an oversite.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2017 8:41]
Hmm... on 08:58 - Mar 5 with 4087 viewsessextaxiboy

I am struggling to see what the problem is ?

The club limited the production , set the price to suit them and the charity, limited how many you could buy and sold them to the first people to turn up .

He paid the full price , he owns it , he can sell it .

If it was a shirt thrown into the crowd or given personally by a player I can see a morality in keeping it . I cant see one here..... IMO
Hmm... on 09:05 - Mar 5 with 4051 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hmm... on 08:58 - Mar 5 by essextaxiboy

The club limited the production , set the price to suit them and the charity, limited how many you could buy and sold them to the first people to turn up .

If it was a shirt thrown into the crowd or given personally by a player I can see a morality in keeping it . I cant see one here..... IMO

You don't think there is an element of ripping off your fellow fans?
Hmm... on 09:06 - Mar 5 with 4048 viewssmegma

Hmm... on 07:16 - Mar 5 by danehoop

Do you have to pay for treatment at GOSH?
Hmm... on 09:08 - Mar 5 with 4024 viewsDWQPR

I can. There were many people who travelled to the ground yesterday from distance to try and obtain a shirt for themselves to keep as a momento or wear. The club were allowing more than one purchase. And by 10am we were being told that anything other than small was no longer available. Sorry I don't believe for one moment that someone is raising funds for GOSH. It is just that some supporters a greedy and don't give a flying fûck about anyone else. Similar to selling spare tickets that they were able to obtain on viagogo for the big games when we were in the Prem. Hopefully the club might seek to find out who these sellers are. Granted, legally they have done nothing wrong but morally they are ripping their fellow supporters off.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

Hmm... on 09:11 - Mar 5 with 4008 viewssmegma

Which is why I think the club should have made 1,967 shirts and sold them for £50. Would've made more money for ForeverRs and everyone would've been satisfied.
Hmm... on 09:23 - Mar 5 with 3963 viewsessextaxiboy

Hmm... on 09:08 - Mar 5 by DWQPR

I can. There were many people who travelled to the ground yesterday from distance to try and obtain a shirt for themselves to keep as a momento or wear. The club were allowing more than one purchase. And by 10am we were being told that anything other than small was no longer available. Sorry I don't believe for one moment that someone is raising funds for GOSH. It is just that some supporters a greedy and don't give a flying fûck about anyone else. Similar to selling spare tickets that they were able to obtain on viagogo for the big games when we were in the Prem. Hopefully the club might seek to find out who these sellers are. Granted, legally they have done nothing wrong but morally they are ripping their fellow supporters off.

Well they obviously didn't get up early enough . The club , not this seller set 2 as the maximum .
Honestly ,how do you know the disappointed fans would have kept the shirt ? . if they reach 300 quid plus watch the "morality" of a steady stream fans crumble .
They should have had a bigger production run and sold them til the end of the season , made more money for the charity and made a sell on pointless .
I am a fan and don't feel ripped off in the slightest .
Hmm... on 10:22 - Mar 5 with 3842 viewsspencer

It's like very thing that is bad in football,entertainment etc...(IMO)

Take the QPR V Derby Playoff. Now, before I get shot down, i do believe that a season ticket holder or some one that attends % of games per season, should get first dibs.

I am/was/still a season ticket holder. On day of them being issued, waited, went on line and got my tickets....right at the back of the middle block.

On the day,. was chatting to fans, who had purchased theirs, a little later and managed to get seats...in much better area of Wembley.....and they also admitted to having been to maybe only one game that season..

Telephoned for some tickets for a singer at Wembley and 5 mins into the "waiting area" period,...same tickets being sold on sites for 3 x value.

These shirts....Ok Limited Edition means just that.....but i think they could have put out more than 500. Quite happy with having to make fans queue....but then handing out 2 per person... 1) Obvious means potentially only 250 fans can purchase shirts and 2) Always going to have odd fan that has no morals ( like..oh Large was never going to fit me....and...sorry its gone way above the money back price...you quoted) and will sell on ebay.

Not sure what the answer is....but Limited edition could have been more...and end result could have meant more money for their charity.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2017 10:25]
Hmm... on 10:30 - Mar 5 with 3802 viewsLythamR

Limited edition is fine but in the modern world, each season ticket holder and member should have had the opportunity to pre order their shirt in the correct size. its access to special offers like these that helps make being a ST or member worthwhile

if they had done that and then put x number on sale in various sizes they would have sold a lot more without exposing themselves to an over purchase

More money raised and more happy supporters, its not rocket science to get this right or at least righter!
Hmm... on 10:34 - Mar 5 with 3795 viewsjohncharles

The answer might be for the club to make another 1000 and sell them on line. That would knock the bottom out of the market and no one would pay those greedy buggers the rip off prices.

Strong and stable my arse.

Hmm... on 10:46 - Mar 5 with 3763 views2Thomas2Bowles

Hmm... on 09:11 - Mar 5 by smegma

Which is why I think the club should have made 1,967 shirts and sold them for £50. Would've made more money for ForeverRs and everyone would've been satisfied.

I think this a long with johncharles that more should be made the 1.967 makes sense

Only they can't bring the price down to £50

Yeah it means the club have to say they made a mistake and it will pee off same that have already got theirs but the greater good is in making more available.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Hmm... on 10:49 - Mar 5 with 3752 viewsBrightonhoop

Dont bid on them, simple as that. The one above is now £210. Cost him £66. IF he was donating the excess to the Charity then fair enough but ripping off your fellow supporters is not on.
Hmm... on 10:56 - Mar 5 with 3732 viewsessextaxiboy

Hmm... on 10:22 - Mar 5 by spencer

It's like very thing that is bad in football,entertainment etc...(IMO)

Take the QPR V Derby Playoff. Now, before I get shot down, i do believe that a season ticket holder or some one that attends % of games per season, should get first dibs.

I am/was/still a season ticket holder. On day of them being issued, waited, went on line and got my tickets....right at the back of the middle block.

On the day,. was chatting to fans, who had purchased theirs, a little later and managed to get seats...in much better area of Wembley.....and they also admitted to having been to maybe only one game that season..

Telephoned for some tickets for a singer at Wembley and 5 mins into the "waiting area" period,...same tickets being sold on sites for 3 x value.

These shirts....Ok Limited Edition means just that.....but i think they could have put out more than 500. Quite happy with having to make fans queue....but then handing out 2 per person... 1) Obvious means potentially only 250 fans can purchase shirts and 2) Always going to have odd fan that has no morals ( like..oh Large was never going to fit me....and...sorry its gone way above the money back price...you quoted) and will sell on ebay.

Not sure what the answer is....but Limited edition could have been more...and end result could have meant more money for their charity.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2017 10:25]

Seems a bit harsh to accuse someone of having "no morals" because of a football shirt ...IMO
Hmm... on 12:08 - Mar 5 with 3579 viewsHollowayRanger

cant believe there are actual mugs out there willing to pay

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Hmm... on 12:14 - Mar 5 with 3554 viewsjohncharles

Hmm... on 10:56 - Mar 5 by essextaxiboy

Seems a bit harsh to accuse someone of having "no morals" because of a football shirt ...IMO

I suppose it is a bit harsh. How about we just call him Sh1t Bag

Strong and stable my arse.

Hmm... on 14:16 - Mar 5 with 3390 viewsWokingR

Hmm... on 10:49 - Mar 5 by Brightonhoop

Dont bid on them, simple as that. The one above is now £210. Cost him £66. IF he was donating the excess to the Charity then fair enough but ripping off your fellow supporters is not on.

How is he ripping anyone off?
He put it up for sale at £66
It's the people bidding that are dictating how high it gets
Hmm... on 14:31 - Mar 5 with 3349 viewsBrightonhoop

Hmm... on 14:16 - Mar 5 by WokingR

How is he ripping anyone off?
He put it up for sale at £66
It's the people bidding that are dictating how high it gets

Is he explicitly donating the excess or trousering it? If anything above and beyond what he aid for it was intended for the charity it's likely he would have stated so.
Niether of us know as it isn't stated. If he's donating then great. If not then he's putting it out of reach to many who travelled early to get one yesterday and missed out.

And let's imagine it was memoribilia for example, for Stan Bowles care in the time ahead, and it ended up on ebay for personal rofit, would that be ok too? I know that's supposition but niether would be/are cricket. I hope the seller donates any profit back to the Charity.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2017 15:01]
Hmm... on 19:56 - Mar 5 with 3128 viewsspencer

Hmm... on 10:56 - Mar 5 by essextaxiboy

It is a bit harsh. Part of my problem is that i live in a world that doesn't exist. I am a Season ticket holder in R Block. When i can't attend i hand over my ticket to one of the other Season tickets holders ...that i sort of know and let them use it for a friend.The friend then decides how to repay my kindness( Well bottom line...seat has been paid for....and if not used...i have wasted the price of that seat) Normally they buy me a program and a beer the next time i see them.But i do not ask for that.

My understanding of the word moral is... standards of behaviour; principles of right and wrong.....

Now, these fans have decided to queue up to buy something that a lot of fans might want, but are unable to find the time. Within24 hours of the special occasion they are putting this item on sale for a profit.They are well aware that there will be some fans out there that will pay well over the odds to obtain this sort of memory .

As you say...only your opinion. In my opinion, fans should not rip off fans for profit . But, its not their fault as we now live in a world of " fuc. you" . Could have been handled better by the club.

To be honest, rather than saying the second shirt was two tight, i would rather they say " Need the money ...you pay triple the price sucker. "

Supply and demand.There will always be someone out there willing to pay and therefore this will continue to happen.

[Post edited 5 Mar 2017 19:58]
Hmm... on 20:27 - Mar 5 with 3065 viewsPunteR

The new badge has made a big difference. Its a nice shirt with history attached. £200 is out of my price range but i can understand if anyone is tempted to buy.
Personally, if i bought the shirt at £66 than there is no way i would sell it to make myself £140 or so. The shirt would mean more to me than cash. Its actually nice to see things at QPR go up in value.
I honestly cant bring myself to get worked up about this one.
Regarding GOSH, any money to them helps. If that means the seller just gives them a tenner out of selling the shirt than that's better then nothing.
Maybe the club could have made more shirts but then how would they know what the demand for them were.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Hmm... on 06:45 - Mar 6 with 2862 viewsessextaxiboy

Hmm... on 19:56 - Mar 5 by spencer

It is a bit harsh. Part of my problem is that i live in a world that doesn't exist. I am a Season ticket holder in R Block. When i can't attend i hand over my ticket to one of the other Season tickets holders ...that i sort of know and let them use it for a friend.The friend then decides how to repay my kindness( Well bottom line...seat has been paid for....and if not used...i have wasted the price of that seat) Normally they buy me a program and a beer the next time i see them.But i do not ask for that.

My understanding of the word moral is... standards of behaviour; principles of right and wrong.....

Now, these fans have decided to queue up to buy something that a lot of fans might want, but are unable to find the time. Within24 hours of the special occasion they are putting this item on sale for a profit.They are well aware that there will be some fans out there that will pay well over the odds to obtain this sort of memory .

As you say...only your opinion. In my opinion, fans should not rip off fans for profit . But, its not their fault as we now live in a world of " fuc. you" . Could have been handled better by the club.

To be honest, rather than saying the second shirt was two tight, i would rather they say " Need the money ...you pay triple the price sucker. "

Supply and demand.There will always be someone out there willing to pay and therefore this will continue to happen.

[Post edited 5 Mar 2017 19:58]

I think we live in the same world , I too have a spare ticket regularly as my son is at Uni , but still buys his ST .I send him cash when he doesnt go but then just give it away .

My eldest boy got there at 0830 and bought a shirtfor himself and one for his brother , they are not for sale .Between us we have loads of stuff worth far more than these shirts ..again not for sale .But

I just think that judging someones morals on the selling of a football shirt that they paid for and own is a loss of perspective again IMO ..
Hmm... on 06:47 - Mar 6 with 2858 viewsessextaxiboy

Hmm... on 12:14 - Mar 5 by johncharles

I suppose it is a bit harsh. How about we just call him Sh1t Bag

You have called people worse than that for just having an opinion .
Hmm... on 07:01 - Mar 6 with 2837 viewsessextaxiboy

Hmm... on 20:27 - Mar 5 by PunteR

The new badge has made a big difference. Its a nice shirt with history attached. £200 is out of my price range but i can understand if anyone is tempted to buy.
Personally, if i bought the shirt at £66 than there is no way i would sell it to make myself £140 or so. The shirt would mean more to me than cash. Its actually nice to see things at QPR go up in value.
I honestly cant bring myself to get worked up about this one.
Regarding GOSH, any money to them helps. If that means the seller just gives them a tenner out of selling the shirt than that's better then nothing.
Maybe the club could have made more shirts but then how would they know what the demand for them were.

Its a nice shirt ..agreed , but has it really got any history attached .?
Its a 2017 shirt in an attractive design . IMO
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024