Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BT Sport 13:44 - Mar 6 with 5101 viewsstonebridgers

I see that BT Sport have won exclusive rights to Champions league football until 2021 which means no highlights of games or live coverage on free to air TV. They have said highlights and the final will be available on social media.

After seeing the boxing thread on here earlier about the PPV market it wont be long before they start doing it with football.

I am not that bothered about the CL but what a shame that the so called elite competition in Europe isn't available to watch without paying a subscription.

Stonebridgers

BT Sport on 13:53 - Mar 6 with 4492 viewsJuzzie

People need to stop renewing their subscriptions.

I cancelled Sky Sports last summer. Don't miss it. Still get BT Sport included though with my Virgin Media package but once they separate it I won't pay extra.
BT Sport on 14:06 - Mar 6 with 4454 viewsToast_R

BT Sport are the worst thing to have happened to Sport in this country.

The viewing figures for CL and Europa Cup football must be pathetic in the UK since they bought the rights.
BT Sport on 14:14 - Mar 6 with 4436 viewspaulparker

Does anyone really still watch the champions league ?
I gave up about 5 years ago , its the same fixtures every year in the group stages all of the big clubs breeze through
more fool BT for spending the money , its a lame duck of a competition until the semi finals and now some games will kick off at 6pm , what a load of bollox

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

BT Sport on 14:18 - Mar 6 with 4417 viewsstevec

Great news, means another 5 seasons of never having to watch it.

Now if they could just shift Premier League football onto BT Sport too....
BT Sport on 14:24 - Mar 6 with 4399 viewsrunningman75

A friend of mine is an Arsenal fan. A disgruntled fan was offering tickets for tomorrow following their usual champions league failure. He asked if I wanted to go to the emirates but more exited to be going to QPR vs Barnsley tomorrow.
BT Sport on 15:17 - Mar 6 with 4303 viewsDWQPR

BT Sport on 14:06 - Mar 6 by Toast_R

The viewing figures for CL and Europa Cup football must be pathetic in the UK since they bought the rights.

Wrong. The worst thing to happen to sport in this country was/is SKY.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

BT Sport on 15:17 - Mar 6 with 4296 viewsNorthernr

I might, might, watch the second leg of Leicester Sevilla. If so it will be the first Champions League game I've watched all the way through since last year's final I think, and even then I only saw all of that because it was on in the pub.

Dire competition, absolutely chock full of games that are either meaningless or totally noncompetitive or both. Same teams, give or take one or two, coming out of the group stage each year. Really only starts to get interesting at the quarter final stage and even then I only mean 'interesting' in the same way I'd probably watch Burnley v Everton if I was at home and it was on.
BT Sport on 15:46 - Mar 6 with 4204 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Get down to your local free house and watch it and support the pub trade.
Login to get fewer ads

BT Sport on 15:56 - Mar 6 with 4183 viewsDorse

I couldn't give a monkeys about the Champions League. In all the years it's been going, how many games actually stand out as memorable? ManUre against Juventus in the semi and Liverpool's come-back against AC Milan? And that's about it. Fcuk all else makes the cut. Good riddance.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

BT Sport on 15:57 - Mar 6 with 4181 viewsToast_R

BT Sport on 15:17 - Mar 6 by DWQPR

Wrong. The worst thing to happen to sport in this country was/is SKY.

Yes and No.
At least Sky modernised sports broadcasting and have given coverage to the football league which was non existent before.

All BT have done is come in and half inched a lot of sport people were already able to see as part of their existing subscription with Sky or for free on terrestrial TV, and hold everyone to ransom for it. That's the way I see it. Have they actually improved anything at all?

Do I really want to spend an extra £30 a month to watch the games they show? No
Is it annoying that I used to get those games anyway before BT got involved? Yes
BT Sport on 16:02 - Mar 6 with 4161 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

BT Sport on 15:56 - Mar 6 by Dorse

I couldn't give a monkeys about the Champions League. In all the years it's been going, how many games actually stand out as memorable? ManUre against Juventus in the semi and Liverpool's come-back against AC Milan? And that's about it. Fcuk all else makes the cut. Good riddance.

Wasn't there a 8-7 game involving Monaco and Dinamo Bellend one year?

Otherwise like yourself it's passed me by.
BT Sport on 16:05 - Mar 6 with 4147 viewsDorse

BT Sport on 16:02 - Mar 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

Wasn't there a 8-7 game involving Monaco and Dinamo Bellend one year?

Otherwise like yourself it's passed me by.

No, it was 9-9 between the Scranton Ocelots and FC Fartzkins. 14 players sent off and the away team forgot their kit and had to play in their vest and pants.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

BT Sport on 16:10 - Mar 6 with 4139 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

BT Sport on 16:05 - Mar 6 by Dorse

No, it was 9-9 between the Scranton Ocelots and FC Fartzkins. 14 players sent off and the away team forgot their kit and had to play in their vest and pants.

Haha.

I'm sure I went to the eastern european city of Fartzkins on a stag do once.
BT Sport on 16:41 - Mar 6 with 4083 viewsbob566

champions league quarter finals on are good games. You're pulling a hood over your head if you can't admit this. Is it worth a bt subscription. No way.

I'm hoping this is for the UK only and not over here in Ireland.

TV3 and RTE2 show them over here on the tv license.
BT Sport on 17:01 - Mar 6 with 4030 viewsSimonJames

BT Sport on 14:06 - Mar 6 by Toast_R

I couldn't give a monkey's about the CL. But with BTSport I get to see a lot of Premiership rugby that I wasn't able to see before.

100% of people who drink water will die.

BT Sport on 17:01 - Mar 6 with 4031 viewsdaveB

Champions League highlights are already available on Youtube for free via BT Sport, I don't think they care too much on viewing figures. Much like Netflix and Sky as long as you sign up and pay your monthly subscription then they don't care if you watch it or not. Shame they won't be on terrestrial tv anymore but the money being paid is ridiculous.

Their coverage is pretty good though, the 8pm Premier League show on a Saturday night going through the Premier League results is what Goals on Sunday used to be like before it became a bit of a parody of itself
BT Sport on 17:09 - Mar 6 with 4008 viewsqpr1976

BT Sport on 15:56 - Mar 6 by Dorse

There was a good final in Russia (I think) where a certain racist slipped and missed a penalty. My how we laughed ! Surely that makes it memorable ??
BT Sport on 17:12 - Mar 6 with 4007 viewsWatford_Ranger

Apparently BT told Sky not to attempt to muscle in on BT's main areas otherwise they'd use their bigger muscles to take away Sky's core. Sky were arrogant enough to try anyway and they've probably both prospered from it.

Is there another industry where more competition ends with consumers paying more?
BT Sport on 17:44 - Mar 6 with 3959 viewstraininvain

BT Sport on 17:09 - Mar 6 by qpr1976

There was a good final in Russia (I think) where a certain racist slipped and missed a penalty. My how we laughed ! Surely that makes it memorable ??

Not to forget Iniesta scoring last minute at Stamford Bridge to make the likes of Drogba well and truly lose the plot.

Also seem to remember Luis Garcia getting quite a contentious goal to knock them out at Anfield.

Ah happy memories.
BT Sport on 17:49 - Mar 6 with 3945 viewsTacticalR

BT Sport on 15:17 - Mar 6 by Northernr

I might, might, watch the second leg of Leicester Sevilla. If so it will be the first Champions League game I've watched all the way through since last year's final I think, and even then I only saw all of that because it was on in the pub.

Dire competition, absolutely chock full of games that are either meaningless or totally noncompetitive or both. Same teams, give or take one or two, coming out of the group stage each year. Really only starts to get interesting at the quarter final stage and even then I only mean 'interesting' in the same way I'd probably watch Burnley v Everton if I was at home and it was on.

That's the whole point. The danger of the old knockout system was that teams like Malmö, Nottingham Forest, and PSV Eindhoven could get to the final. So what if they were actually Champions? Much better to see renowned teams in the competition that have won the Fourth Place Trophy year in year out than a load of jumped up johnnies.

Air hostess clique

BT Sport on 19:31 - Mar 6 with 3802 viewsHollowayRanger

haven't watched a match since chelski final

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

BT Sport on 19:43 - Mar 6 with 3782 viewssmegma

BT Sport on 19:31 - Mar 6 by HollowayRanger

haven't watched a match since chelski final

I've never subscribed to either Sky Sports or BT Sport. If CL is on ITV and I'm at home, I'll watch it. Not bothered if I miss any of it though.
BT Sport on 21:08 - Mar 6 with 3687 viewsterryb

The PSG Barcleona first leg was well worth viewing.

Forget the English clubs & you can see very good games with some excellent football being played.

Is the next few years any different to this season? Live matches are already only on BT.
BT Sport on 09:10 - Mar 7 with 3539 viewssimmo

The group stages are meaningless, you could pick the 1-4 order that they will finish as soon as they are drawn and get most bang on. But the QF's and especially the SF's are usually very good, when the likes of Juventus play Bayern etc and you see the genuine elite of Europe rather than the Premier League 'big boys' like Arsenal, it doesn't compare.

Not fussed BT have taken it other than it will probably mean they move further away from lower league football, which is a shame.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

BT Sport on 09:25 - Mar 7 with 3518 viewsrobith

Shows how full of it UEFA are. They've been publicly lambasting BT for low viewing figures and not putting good enough games on the free to air Showcase (or indeed telling people it exists).

Yet when it comes to down payment time, all those concerns magically disappear!

Football is rotten mates, not long for this world
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024