Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cheltenham 14:53 - Mar 13 with 15615 viewsingeminate

That time again.

Resident LFW tipsters step forward and help out the ignorant one week a year punters...

Been some brilliant tips on here over the years - what you thinking for this week?

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Cheltenham on 15:30 - Mar 13 with 9649 viewsHunterhoop

Just arrived down in Stroud, ahead of a week at the festival.

Tough year for punters, this one. Only two odds on favs, one evens, the rest odds against. Still, some value to be had.

Haven't quite finalised my thoughts for tomorrow, yet. Will put up my picks before each day.

The one thing I would say, for anyone having a dabble, pay attention to the horses with form on good to soft and good ground. It could be quite quick by the end by Wed/Thurs.

Last time had a nice +50% ROI. Be happy with anything positive this year!! It will be a lot harder. Don't go too hard too early.
Cheltenham on 15:54 - Mar 13 with 9616 viewsDWQPR

Down there tomorrow. Havent got a Scooby what to back. Looking forward to a few of the black stuff though.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Cheltenham on 15:58 - Mar 13 with 9607 viewsBlackCrowe

Where's FreddieEddie and his tip - it's the perfect opportunity to be reminded for the 372nd time of the big win he had predicting promotions one season or whatever it was.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Cheltenham on 16:02 - Mar 13 with 9594 viewsLongsufferingR

Cheltenham on 15:58 - Mar 13 by BlackCrowe

Where's FreddieEddie and his tip - it's the perfect opportunity to be reminded for the 372nd time of the big win he had predicting promotions one season or whatever it was.

Bit early. He can be expected to come on as they approach the last fence to tell us he's had three houses on whatever horse is 5 lengths up at the time.
Cheltenham on 16:17 - Mar 13 with 9561 viewsrobith

My main acca

Altior/Douvan/UknowhatImeanharry/Yorkhill/On The Fringe around 16/1 with Skybet

Long shot one

Champers on Ice - NH Chase (Tue)
Western Ryder - Bumper (Wed)
Peregrine Run - Coral Cup (Wed)
Each way trixie pays around 704/1 with Paddy Power

Tomorrow

1:30 - I backed Melon ages ago at 12/1 but you'd want your head checked backing him at the prices now. Had a little play on Pingshou @ 50/1 and am currently talking myself into backing Bunk Off Early. Skybet doing money back as a free bet up to £20 on this so they should absolutely be your port of call here

2:10 Royal Caviar w/o Altior but have back A Hare Breath e/w ages ago

2:50 Holywell e/w (so boring)

3:20 I've gone with Yanworth here and a little e/w on Footpad as I've been following him a while. Yanworth isn't the sexiest of horses but he gets the job done in what is a pretty weak renewal

4:10 So strange that Mullins has sent both Vroum Vroum and Limini to this, and that Ruby rides the latter. Apple's Jade is the value e/w to nothing bet, Lifeboat Moana is overpriced at 18/1

4:50 Champers on Ice baby, though Codd on Genie in A bottle is one I've backed as cover previously and should do well

5:30 Throw a dart at the list - will have about as much insight and accuracy as I have on this one
Cheltenham on 16:22 - Mar 13 with 9542 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm getting excited.

I'll choose mine tomorrow.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Cheltenham on 16:26 - Mar 13 with 9538 viewsLongsufferingR

Small each way for first day on Pilgrims Bay 25/1 in the 2:50.
Cheltenham on 18:00 - Mar 13 with 9430 viewskomradkirk

Last year was decent for punters,most people i spoke to made money.
EVEN ME
Login to get fewer ads

Cheltenham on 19:21 - Mar 13 with 9367 viewsLblock

Your Tent or Mine - E.W. my only bet thus far.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Cheltenham on 19:51 - Mar 13 with 9341 viewskomradkirk

Lucky 15 for tomorrow

Ballyandy 1.30
The Druids Nephew 2.50
Brain Power 3.30
Apples Jade 4.10
Cheltenham on 20:42 - Mar 13 with 9285 viewsbrad

my few are yanworth...barcardys...cause of causes...tombstone..empire of dirt..mal dini ew...presenting percy ew.....on the fringe.....good luck everyone
Cheltenham on 21:02 - Mar 13 with 9256 viewsHunterhoop

My picks for tomorrow:

Elgin 0.25pt ew
Bunkoffearly 1pt win (use the Skybet free bet if your horse loses)

Watch an admire Altior

A Good Skin 0.5pt ew
Can't decide between Holywell and The Druids Nephew for a win bet...will mull it over.

Brain Power 1pt ew

Lifeboat Mona 0.25pt ew

Beware the Bear 0.5pt ew

Itsafreebee 1pt win
Hammersly Lake 0.5pt ew

Admittedly, some of the above were obtained ante post at longer odds. If I was betting now, for example, go on the nose on Beware the Bear.

Good luck, all!
[Post edited 14 Mar 2017 10:11]
Cheltenham on 22:12 - Mar 13 with 9195 viewseasthertsr

My tip, don't fritter your money away on something as dodgy as horse racing!
Cheltenham on 22:53 - Mar 13 with 9157 viewsElHoop

Am going down for the day tomorrow so need to know at least something by tonight.

There won't be any soft ground this week so a lot of the winter form can go out of the window. I want to see some evidence that Elliott and Tizzard are in good enough form before backing any of theirs.

1.30 Don't really like the look of this. Not sure it's a good race but will back Cilaos Emery e/w as I like the Someday form.
2.10 Altior is a machine but priced accordingly. I like Forest Behan without the favourite and might back Some Plan and Royal Caviar without him too. Altior and Forest Behan for a straight forecast.
2.50 Singlefarmpayment is quite hard to knock out of the frame here so he'll do e/w.
3.30 I don't fancy this at all - Sceau Royal e/w for something to watch, but small stake.
4.10 Limini looks the one here.
4.50 Bigbadjohn looks good value here at around 12's. Beat Our Kaempfer fair and square and that one then hosed up at Kempton and is a similar price for the RSA tomorrow. Perhaps the best bet of the day.
5.30 No idea really but Mixboy e/w for a bit of fun.

Good luck if you have are betting tomorrow - it looks tough.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2017 22:55]
Cheltenham on 08:55 - Mar 14 with 9003 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Lucky 15

1:30 Elgin
2:10 Royal Caviar
2:50 The Druid's Nephew
3:30 Footpad

50p e/w

3:30 Rock on The Moor
2:50 Label Des Obeaux

Good Luck Everyone

[Post edited 14 Mar 2017 8:56]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Cheltenham on 10:50 - Mar 14 with 8929 viewsfreddieeddie

Cheltenham on 15:58 - Mar 13 by BlackCrowe

I'd of thought I'd mentioned it 500 times now surely?

I don't gamble on horses, betting is a mugs game.

Told you before I'm a precision punter.

Cheered me up this post though. Just on my yacht now with my winnings. Flying back for the Rotherham game. Meeting TF with a view to investing.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

Cheltenham on 10:56 - Mar 14 with 8919 viewsDesertBoot

Singlefarmpayment in the 2.50 race. Won at Cheltenham is December and was just starting to get into his last race when brought down. 11/2 at the moment.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Cheltenham on 11:19 - Mar 14 with 8880 viewsstevec

Charlie Austin says Melon and Brain Power.

That'll do for me.
Cheltenham on 11:21 - Mar 14 with 8871 viewsLongsufferingR

Cheltenham on 10:50 - Mar 14 by freddieeddie

I'd of thought I'd mentioned it 500 times now surely?

I don't gamble on horses, betting is a mugs game.

Told you before I'm a precision punter.

Cheered me up this post though. Just on my yacht now with my winnings. Flying back for the Rotherham game. Meeting TF with a view to investing.

Oh dear god. Out of the frying pan.....
Cheltenham on 11:51 - Mar 14 with 8846 viewssevenhoop

Cheltenham on 19:51 - Mar 13 by komradkirk

Lucky 15 for tomorrow

Ballyandy 1.30
The Druids Nephew 2.50
Brain Power 3.30
Apples Jade 4.10

I know the owners of Ballyandy really well - decent, ordinary guys having fun with a few horses and this one turns up! They will be celebrating just being there, but god knows what state they'll be in if it wins!
Cheltenham on 12:14 - Mar 14 with 8812 viewsrobith

Cheltenham on 11:19 - Mar 14 by stevec

Charlie Austin says Melon and Brain Power.

That'll do for me.

Really? Interesting. I remember a few years ago he did his selections for Paddy Power and on reading I thought "has he pulled those out of his arse?" but if you'd have followed you'd have made a fair wedge
Cheltenham on 12:38 - Mar 14 with 8763 viewsLongsufferingR

Cheltenham on 12:14 - Mar 14 by robith

Really? Interesting. I remember a few years ago he did his selections for Paddy Power and on reading I thought "has he pulled those out of his arse?" but if you'd have followed you'd have made a fair wedge

Well if he pulled "Melon" out of his arse, I don't think he'll be back on the field any time soon.
Cheltenham on 13:46 - Mar 14 with 8658 viewskomradkirk

Cheltenham on 11:51 - Mar 14 by sevenhoop

I know the owners of Ballyandy really well - decent, ordinary guys having fun with a few horses and this one turns up! They will be celebrating just being there, but god knows what state they'll be in if it wins!

My Boss bred himI was informed this morning.Anything with a Bally in its name is usually from this neck of the woods.

He also sold a point to pointer for the guts of £1/2million recently but the name escapes me.
Cheltenham on 13:49 - Mar 14 with 8640 viewsbob566

guy who sits beside me told me to do lamaik this morning at 50s on betfair. Did I do it. No. The reason why?

he said to me that the guys who own him say he's a brilliant horse but at his last four meetings he's failed to start the race. Goes up to the line with the other horses but never takes off. We all laughed saying that it kind of helps if the horse starts races.

Well he started today and my mate had 5ew on it.

I don't care if it's grade 1. Just proves how shifty that sport is.

Another colleague went to school with ted walshs nephew. Apparently Ruby had been bigging up melon saying he had never seen him in better shape. Shoe in to win the race.

I went on this advice. Seemed so more credible than backing a horse that never starts races.

And that folks is why you keep tips and insider knowledge to yourselves. It means f*** all.
Cheltenham on 13:59 - Mar 14 with 8614 viewsLongsufferingR

Cheltenham on 13:49 - Mar 14 by bob566

guy who sits beside me told me to do lamaik this morning at 50s on betfair. Did I do it. No. The reason why?

he said to me that the guys who own him say he's a brilliant horse but at his last four meetings he's failed to start the race. Goes up to the line with the other horses but never takes off. We all laughed saying that it kind of helps if the horse starts races.

Well he started today and my mate had 5ew on it.

I don't care if it's grade 1. Just proves how shifty that sport is.

Another colleague went to school with ted walshs nephew. Apparently Ruby had been bigging up melon saying he had never seen him in better shape. Shoe in to win the race.

I went on this advice. Seemed so more credible than backing a horse that never starts races.

And that folks is why you keep tips and insider knowledge to yourselves. It means f*** all.

First bit of advice didn't mean fk all though did it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024