Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie ..... 10:21 - Mar 20 with 3036 viewsconnell10

......is there a touch of the david brents about him sometimes? Thats not a dig by the way as i love the guy, its just sometimes he goes a bit Brent.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Ollie ..... on 10:26 - Mar 20 with 3021 viewshoof_hearted

Ollie ..... on 10:42 - Mar 20 with 2973 viewsTacticalR

A born storyteller.

Air hostess clique

Ollie ..... on 10:46 - Mar 20 with 2962 viewsLblock

This is why Managers like Ollie and Warnock have a glass ceiling.

They just don't sit right in the Premiership.

Neither are coaching mugs, although often prone to the odd curious decisions and team line up, but they hide that quite well.
They simply dont interact very well with overpaid primadonnas who think the world revolves around them.

There's a few who still dont warm to Ollies persona but it cannot be disputed that he loves this place and wants the best for the club short, medium and long term.
The complete opposite to Hughesless, Candle Face and others for who I've run out of childish nicknames

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ollie ..... on 10:49 - Mar 20 with 2950 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I wouldn't have him any other way.

Imagine having to stay awake listening to Tony Pulis every weekend.
Ollie ..... on 11:02 - Mar 20 with 2904 viewsNW10Hoop

Ollie ..... on 10:46 - Mar 20 by Lblock

Neither are coaching mugs, although often prone to the odd curious decisions and team line up, but they hide that quite well.
They simply dont interact very well with overpaid primadonnas who think the world revolves around them.

There's a few who still dont warm to Ollies persona but it cannot be disputed that he loves this place and wants the best for the club short, medium and long term.
The complete opposite to Hughesless, Candle Face and others for who I've run out of childish nicknames

Hughesless.

Ollie ..... on 11:43 - Mar 20 with 2837 viewsTacticalR

Ollie ..... on 10:49 - Mar 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Or the limited storytelling capacities of JFH: 'it is what it is'.

Air hostess clique

Ollie ..... on 12:48 - Mar 20 with 2713 viewshoof_hearted

English as a first language is one of those things that makes it easier to your job effectively when English is the first language of most of the squad and staff. The premier league is a different planet occupied by globe trotting mercenaries where the common language is on the tactics board and in the bank.
Ollie ..... on 13:21 - Mar 20 with 2635 viewsTacticalR

English or not, some managers (Klopp, Mourinho) know how to shape a story.

At Liverpool the results under Klopp haven't been that different from the results under Rodgers (who really was like David Brent), but Klopp makes it seem like they are going somewhere.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Ollie ..... on 13:35 - Mar 20 with 2590 viewsAgedR

Ollie has created an atmosphere where he's a friend first and a boss second. Probably an entertainer third...

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Ollie ..... on 14:07 - Mar 20 with 2516 viewsrunningman75

Ollie ..... on 13:35 - Mar 20 by AgedR

Ollie has created an atmosphere where he's a friend first and a boss second. Probably an entertainer third...

A friend to certain types of players though one that finally saw that Karl Henry was not good enough.
Ollie ..... on 14:17 - Mar 20 with 2490 viewshoof_hearted

I think he's developed that a bit into being a father figure and motivator. Bircham is nearer their generation to be the "mate" and allows Ollie to be firm but fair.
Ollie ..... on 15:04 - Mar 20 with 2426 viewsLadbrokeR

Ollie ..... on 10:46 - Mar 20 by Lblock

L block by the statement and others for who I've run out of childish nicknames you are referring to Benny and ODH . Which from memory you coined.
Ollie ..... on 17:18 - Mar 20 with 2334 viewsterryb

Ollie ..... on 10:49 - Mar 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

No thank you!
Ollie ..... on 17:41 - Mar 20 with 2285 viewsDylanP

How do you know that?

Ollie seems to me like he must be a ferocious boss who has an idea of how he wants to play and everyone has to bend to his will. I don't see any touch of the wannbe friend in the way he presents himself in interviews.

Of course, that is just guesswork by me, so I am interested to know what evidence you have picked up on his wannbe friendliness

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Ollie ..... on 18:10 - Mar 20 with 2254 viewsCamberleyR

For god's sake Dylan, it's a David Brent quote!

[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 18:11]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ollie ..... on 20:26 - Mar 20 with 2134 viewsWestonsuperR

Ollie ..... on 18:10 - Mar 20 by CamberleyR

For god's sake Dylan, it's a David Brent quote!

[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 18:11]

Can't believe the Brent quote actually started a debate, very funny 😀
Ollie ..... on 13:47 - Mar 22 with 1948 viewsTacticalR

Is he perhaps an Aguirre figure, leading his small band of men through the jungle on an impossible quest?

Air hostess clique

Ollie ..... on 14:47 - Mar 22 with 1880 viewsbosh67

You're right!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ollie ..... on 20:46 - Mar 22 with 1762 viewsPlanetHonneywood

His visions are that of a guru in their nature, he is the Olly Lama!
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 7:02]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024