Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why QPR is so special 14:07 - Mar 20 with 2886 viewsstonebridgers

Up to 9 years ago I used to travel home and away and had a season ticket in the upper loft but my daughter was born and I made the decision to give the season ticket a miss so I could spend Saturdays with her. Did I miss it, Yes but I missed the catch up with friends more than the football at times over the years.
I have continued to make it down to a few games a season bringing my daughter & also for the Brentford game last year my son who is 4.
I decided to get tickets for the Rotherham game and bring them both down as I thought we might get the result we all wanted despite knowing we could easily give them their only double of the year.
I took them to the club shop before and we were lucky enough to get to have a couple of pictures with some of the players being Michael Doherty, Conor and the highlight for the children Jamie Mackie. Jamie is my son’s favourite player and it started via their head teacher who is a Plymouth fan and after presenting him with his birthday card from the school at the assembly the day after the Reading game telling them that he knew “His Daddy would be happy after winning but Jamie was an ex-argyle player” Since then after I taught him the Mackie Wonderland song you can hear him singing to himself as he plays football. You can’t imagine the joy on their faces when Jamie told them “He hoped they enjoyed the day”. Brilliant stuff and something so simple can make children’s days so well done to the players for not doing the old stick the headphones on routine and ignore all around them.
After looking around the community day event we met up with a few friends and the children were full of the joys. I bumped into a few old faces and Rosemary asked who they were and I explained they were people I had got to know though the years and she remarked “You seemed to have made a lot of friends through going to football” She was right. Once we saw the Tiger cubs and explaining to Rosemary about what they did made me think that we do have something very special in our corner of W12. On the Tiger cubs I bumped into Chris Charles from the podcast and felt the need to congratulate him on what they had done. It might have sounded very garbled to Chris but it seemed to be the right thing to do as I was very proud of not just my team on Saturday but of the club and fans. I know that people have been saying we have lost our way but if Saturday has anything to go by we are on the way back.
To round off the day my wife picked us up from the station where 2 very tired children and 1 knackered adult got into the car and were asked “How was your day” My daughters reply was “It was the best”.
Thanks QPR

Stonebridgers

Why QPR is so special on 14:15 - Mar 20 with 2856 viewshoof_hearted

Takes me back...

Absence makes the heart grow fonder whereas I keep on turning up, kids too old to be impressed with selfies and autographs so I don't get the vicarious buzz of meeting players and even a decent win bores me. It's only the beers and mates bit that keeps me going.

I think I'm saying that QPR is a nice football club (again). Your relationship with your kids is the special bit.
Why QPR is so special on 17:03 - Mar 20 with 2720 viewsrunningman75

I was a season ticket holder as teenager many years ago, since then due to studying, work, family, break up of family , I have had membership. It is not just about current form but something about the current team and management that seems to bring to the ground. I was at the Barnsley game and noticed a great atmosphere which was missing when JFH was the management.
Why QPR is so special on 17:52 - Mar 20 with 2660 viewsDylanP

Top post. Thanks mate!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Why QPR is so special on 09:38 - Mar 21 with 2368 viewsMrCake

I had a season ticket for many years since I was young in the Upper loft and Lower loft (before it was the family stand) but stopped going for around 10 years.

I started to get itchy feet a couple of summers ago and decided to come back. My oldest boy who was 4 at the time had been bugging me to take him to a QPR game, so I decided to take him to the first home game of last season against Cardiff, unfortunately he didn’t really take to it which was a bit of a shame. Anyway I decided to bring my youngest boy who was 2 at the time to next game, I will admit I was somewhat nervous about doing this and feared it could all go a bit wrong. I need not having worried however as everybody we met from the gate staff to the stewards, to the mascots were really friendly and brilliant with my little boy, he had an absolutely fabulous day and was beaming from ear to ear, he didn’t stop talking about it to anybody who would listen for ages afterwards, and has been coming to every weekend home game since. He’s even started doing away games this season.

In the past I have got as irate with the club as anybody else, but credit where credit is due, the club is doing excellent work from a family point of view, and are doing a great job of ensuring there will be a future generation of QPR fans coming through.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024