Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well played CAFC 23:12 - Mar 29 with 3495 viewsOxheyR

I worked with PC Keith Palmer and his loss is hard to cope with. This is a fantastic gesture by Charlton Athletic Football Club and it's players to Keith who was a season ticket holder. Donating gate receipts and players are donating their weeks salary to Keith's family. I will be attending the game next Tuesday against MK Dons as they have invited his family friends and work colleagues to the match.
Never had much feeling for Charlton before this but they'll be my second team from now on. Thank you Charlton from a QPR fan. Your actions reflect wonderfully on your club. RIP Keith

http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-mk-dons-keith-palmer-trib
[Post edited 30 Mar 2017 18:32]
Well played CAFC on 23:31 - Mar 29 with 3451 viewsHadders

So sorry to hear about your loss. PC Palmer died protecting others from a lunatic and was a deserves to be remembered as a hero. This is wonderful gesture by Charlton. I have always liked the club - something to do with their glory years being so long ago and having fallen on hard times appeals to me- and that they really are in a valley. I remember that massive terrace along the length of the pitch in the 80s, an overgrown but evocative ruin long before they knocked it down.
Well played CAFC on 01:52 - Mar 30 with 3390 viewsstowmarketrange

Well played CAFC on 23:31 - Mar 29 by Hadders

So sorry to hear about your loss. PC Palmer died protecting others from a lunatic and was a deserves to be remembered as a hero. This is wonderful gesture by Charlton. I have always liked the club - something to do with their glory years being so long ago and having fallen on hard times appeals to me- and that they really are in a valley. I remember that massive terrace along the length of the pitch in the 80s, an overgrown but evocative ruin long before they knocked it down.

I remember going to the FA cup game at their place and thinking that it would be quicker to get to the away stand if we walked the opposite way around the ground.
Don't ever try it for yourselves unless you like a route march.

Brilliant gesture from Charlton Athletic.
Well played CAFC on 02:05 - Mar 30 with 3384 viewsBoston

A few hundred of us took a stroll down the middle of that big side one evening.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Well played CAFC on 08:34 - Mar 30 with 3225 viewsKonk

Very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend - great gesture from everyone at Charlton.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Well played CAFC on 08:34 - Mar 30 with 3223 viewscaliforniahoop

I am away with the family otherwise I would have seriously consider going to this game, well done Charlton!
Well played CAFC on 10:14 - Mar 30 with 3098 viewsstonebridgers

Well played CAFC on 08:34 - Mar 30 by californiahoop

I am away with the family otherwise I would have seriously consider going to this game, well done Charlton!

When terror attacks happen you always hear stories afterwards about human kindness and the generosity of others that make you realise that idiots like that man will never win.
I don't agree with how Charlton's owners have been running the club but on this occasion they have done the right thing.

Stonebridgers

Well played CAFC on 11:24 - Mar 30 with 3013 viewsBluce_Ree

yeah this is a nice touch by Charlton.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Well played CAFC on 21:36 - Mar 30 with 2777 viewskingshill

Well played CAFC on 02:05 - Mar 30 by Boston

Christmas 1982, 3-1 win??

Definitely a few shuttle runs across and back that night.
Login to get fewer ads

Well played CAFC on 02:44 - Mar 31 with 2668 viewsFredManRave

That is a great gesture by the club and the players deserve the plaudits as well for their contribution.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Well played CAFC on 10:42 - Mar 31 with 2590 viewssmegma

Well played CAFC on 02:05 - Mar 30 by Boston

My first visit was in 1972 when there was no roof on the away end so you had a vast terrace behind the goal and it continued along the touch line as far as the home terracing. The main stand and offices were the victims of arson in the mid/late 70s by the Fulham Broadway knuckledraggers.

I remember our fans setting fire to newspapers on the away terrace in a League Cup replay about 1975 as well.
Well played CAFC on 11:06 - Mar 31 with 2571 viewsfrancisbowles

Thanks to the OP for this. I hadn't heard about it. It deserves more coverage from the media. Great gesture from the players and the club.

Be nice to see some of the bigger boys do something for similar causes.
Well played CAFC on 12:13 - Mar 31 with 2531 viewsMonkey_Roots

Well played CAFC on 11:06 - Mar 31 by francisbowles

Thanks to the OP for this. I hadn't heard about it. It deserves more coverage from the media. Great gesture from the players and the club.

Be nice to see some of the bigger boys do something for similar causes.

To be fair, just because you don't see it, doesn't mean they aren't doing great things in their communities, for the vulnerable and the needy.

I reckon a lot of good things go on in the background that don't get the press.

Poll: Will we stay up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024