Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE 15:40 - Apr 12 with 6223 viewsBrianMcCarthy

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/qpr-stan-bowles-benefit-match-3671397.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 19:18 - Apr 12 with 5269 viewsbosh67

Finally. Good news. Well done to those involved on all sides.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 19:36 - Apr 12 with 5244 viewsqpr1976

Link not working & can't see anything on Offish ?
STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 19:43 - Apr 12 with 5235 viewsBrianMcCarthy

STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 19:36 - Apr 12 by qpr1976

Link not working & can't see anything on Offish ?

Extract...

"Club and committee provide update ...

QPR can confirm that our home pre-season friendly fixture at Loftus Road this summer will commemorate Stan Bowles' contribution to the club.

Over the last few months, CEO Lee Hoos and other staff members at QPR have been working in conjunction with a newly-formed committee to finalise plans to pay tribute to our legendary former player, who is suffering with Alzheimer’s."

more....

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/qpr-stan-bowles-benefit-match-3671397.

STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 20:13 - Apr 12 with 5197 viewsStanisgod

STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 19:43 - Apr 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Extract...

"Club and committee provide update ...

QPR can confirm that our home pre-season friendly fixture at Loftus Road this summer will commemorate Stan Bowles' contribution to the club.

Over the last few months, CEO Lee Hoos and other staff members at QPR have been working in conjunction with a newly-formed committee to finalise plans to pay tribute to our legendary former player, who is suffering with Alzheimer’s."

more....

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/qpr-stan-bowles-benefit-match-3671397.

Glasgow Rangers with our Clint and a guaranteed away sell out

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 22:05 - Apr 12 with 5072 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Man City would be nice, didn't he support them as a boy?
STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 22:51 - Apr 12 with 5034 views18StoneOfHoop

STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 22:05 - Apr 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Stan was Collyhurst,Manchester born in Citeh land maybe Bazza but he only made 17 appearances for them on the fringes.Stan got 97 goals in 315 apps for R's Brentford the nearest in second with 73 apps + he had many good pints in the pubs on every corner!

Stan's testimonial has to be/can only be versuses the Bees IMHO.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 23:38 - Apr 12 with 4995 viewsCanadaRanger

The site carrying news and a link to the QPR News Release that works is http://www.justforstan.com

The Twitter feed is @JustForStan
STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 09:36 - Apr 13 with 4838 viewsLythamR

Brentford would be the obvious choice but that might be tricky to arrange

City would be good, City fans of a certain age are well aware of the connection and i think would turn up in decent numbers but i imagine their schedule is already fixed

Alternatively one of the european teams, Bran Bergen, Cologne, AEK might fancy it
Login to get fewer ads

STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 10:05 - Apr 13 with 4810 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I can announce that The Whinging Donkey XI is available for bookings. We will, however, need some beer.

STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 11:51 - Apr 13 with 4720 viewsAntti_Heinola

Could Malcolm McDonald persuade Newcastle to bring a team down ;)

Bare bones.

STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 13:33 - Apr 13 with 4623 viewsstonebridgers

STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 20:13 - Apr 12 by Stanisgod

Glasgow Rangers with our Clint and a guaranteed away sell out

The bill for the Police and stewarding would take away a lot of the profit so a game against Brentford would be the choice. Keep the ticket price reasonable and get the publicity right and you will get a decent crowd.

Stonebridgers

STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 13:35 - Apr 13 with 4617 viewsW7Ranger

STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 22:51 - Apr 12 by 18StoneOfHoop

Stan was Collyhurst,Manchester born in Citeh land maybe Bazza but he only made 17 appearances for them on the fringes.Stan got 97 goals in 315 apps for R's Brentford the nearest in second with 73 apps + he had many good pints in the pubs on every corner!

Stan's testimonial has to be/can only be versuses the Bees IMHO.

Doubt we'd have a pre-season friendly against another team from the Championship a week before the season start. Pre-season matches against same division hardly ever happens anyway, except in those mini tournaments in places like China or America between top Prem teams.
STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 13:50 - Apr 13 with 4597 viewsNorthernr

STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 13:35 - Apr 13 by W7Ranger

Doubt we'd have a pre-season friendly against another team from the Championship a week before the season start. Pre-season matches against same division hardly ever happens anyway, except in those mini tournaments in places like China or America between top Prem teams.

Indeed, although we did play Burton a week before this season started, and then had them in the league again about 6 weeks later, and this is a special occasion.
STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 14:10 - Apr 13 with 4562 viewsPinnerPaul

STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 22:05 - Apr 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

They'll be playing in some "tournament" 55,000 miles away, & then come back and moan about playing two games in 5 days in the UK.
STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 14:23 - Apr 13 with 4550 viewsRs_Holy

STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 14:10 - Apr 13 by PinnerPaul

They'll be playing in some "tournament" 55,000 miles away, & then come back and moan about playing two games in 5 days in the UK.

Yeah lets have a tournament at HQ... Arsenil do it every year at the Hemorrhoids!

What about a triangular weekend tournament containing us, Celtic and Jamaica.
STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 06:59 - Apr 14 with 4353 viewsChopper_R

What about Carlisle Utd one Stans first clubs & who are currently managed by Ollie's Best Mate Keith Curle...
STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 07:57 - Apr 14 with 4309 viewsRoller

Interestingly the club do not use the word "testimonial" and there is no direct reference to raising funds for Stan. I can only see “commemorate” and “pay tribute” in this statement -
unless we take “pay tribute” to be used in the sense that the mafia do. Perhaps there will be a donation made on the day.
STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 10:55 - Apr 14 with 4240 viewsStanisgod

STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 06:59 - Apr 14 by Chopper_R

What about Carlisle Utd one Stans first clubs & who are currently managed by Ollie's Best Mate Keith Curle...

I'm sure they would fill the away end 😱😱

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 16:00 - Apr 15 with 4094 viewsstowmarketrange

How about a combination of players from 2 teams in Scotland?We can play a combined squad from Queens Park and Rangers.
STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 16:44 - Apr 15 with 4064 viewsNorthernr

STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 07:57 - Apr 14 by Roller

Interestingly the club do not use the word "testimonial" and there is no direct reference to raising funds for Stan. I can only see “commemorate” and “pay tribute” in this statement -
unless we take “pay tribute” to be used in the sense that the mafia do. Perhaps there will be a donation made on the day.

Yeh it was a bit oddly worded wasn't it? Wonder if it's a tax issue...
STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 23:28 - Apr 15 with 3950 viewshooper1957

STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 16:44 - Apr 15 by Northernr

Not certain,but I think a testimonial is for a player who has been with the club for10 years which I think is tax free so has to be a benefit match l believe.
STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 10:34 - Apr 16 with 3872 viewsRoller

STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 16:44 - Apr 15 by Northernr

I was wondering if they've done it this way so that the costs of the fixture come out of the pre-season friendly budget leaving any extra income from a hopefully increased gate as a donation to Stan.
STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 13:08 - Apr 16 with 3829 viewsswitchingcode

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=125554
Doing our bit
STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 13:11 - Apr 16 with 3821 viewsswitchingcode

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=125059

And a bit more
STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 13:09 - Feb 27 with 1691 views2Thomas2Bowles

STAN BOWLES BENEFIT UPDATE on 13:11 - Apr 16 by switchingcode

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=125059

And a bit more

Bouncing this up as there is a Stan Bowles 2020 Calendar for just £2 and can pay by PayPal if anyone is interested

https://mavericksmerchandise.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fstan-bowles-2020-calend

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024