Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This convinced me that Holloway should go 20:21 - May 9 with 6736 viewsPetros

I've been obsessing over this since the Forest game. So much so that I find it difficult to believe, and maybe I got my facts wrong?

This is how I remember it: we are 2-0 up in a must-win game (as subsequent results showed) and there are 10 minutes to go. Time for ultimate caution, no risks, close the game. And we bring on our two remaining substitutes, for apparently tactical reasons.

So imagine: in the 81st minute our two centre backs have a nasty clash of heads. They are both cut, mildly concussed, must come off. The remainder of the game, plus injury time, we are 9 against 11 against a team that also must win. Am I the only one who thinks this is idiotic management?
This convinced me that Holloway should go on 20:22 - May 9 with 5704 viewsdistortR

As if our centre-backs get close enough together to have a clash of heads
This convinced me that Holloway should go on 20:32 - May 9 with 5651 viewsDWQPR

What made me decide that enough is enough is that I am standing on the terraces at Brentford and watching (and to a degree enjoying) a team of young players schooled into how to play fast, one touch, expansive football and able to create a multitude of chances whilst built on a very limited budget against a team assembled at much greater cost that looked clueless. I have got to the stage where I am totally fed up with Rangers. Thank Christ it is summer and a lot of cricket to look forward to.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

This convinced me that Holloway should go on 21:03 - May 9 with 5549 viewsdaveB

So any manager who uses his subs before the 90th minute is an idiot because 2 players might get injured? This is beyond ridiculous
This convinced me that Holloway should go on 21:19 - May 9 with 5489 viewsPetros

This convinced me that Holloway should go on 21:03 - May 9 by daveB

So any manager who uses his subs before the 90th minute is an idiot because 2 players might get injured? This is beyond ridiculous

I spelled out the context quite carefully, which you have wilfully ignored. Our whole season rested on those 10 minutes. Impossible to Imagine Ferguson or Mourinho doing that.
This convinced me that Holloway should go on 22:02 - May 9 with 5345 viewsdaveB

This convinced me that Holloway should go on 21:19 - May 9 by Petros

I spelled out the context quite carefully, which you have wilfully ignored. Our whole season rested on those 10 minutes. Impossible to Imagine Ferguson or Mourinho doing that.

I've not ignored it, I just think it's a bit mad to have a go a Holloway over something that didn't happen.

I get that two players could have clashed heads and left us with 9 men but equally an asteroid could have hit the pitch and caused the game to be abandoned. It seems odd to worry about something that didn't happen
This convinced me that Holloway should go on 22:41 - May 9 with 5243 viewsBillericayR

I was convinced when I saw the mannequin video and the players reaction to his rants...
This convinced me that Holloway should go on 23:43 - May 9 with 5104 viewsPunteR

Losing 6 on the trot then finding a winning formula than changing that winning formula and losing 6 on the trot again has dented my confidence in Ollie.
What I am 100% convinced about is our owners don't know what they're doing and probably Ollie won't make it to November.
[Post edited 9 May 2017 23:47]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

This convinced me that Holloway should go on 00:36 - May 10 with 5046 viewsBoston

So the position is...Upper Holloway or Lower Holloway?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

This convinced me that Holloway should go on 07:23 - May 10 with 4893 viewsdistortR

This convinced me that Holloway should go on 00:36 - May 10 by Boston

can't remember that one in the karma sutra, and no, i don't wish to be enlightened.
This convinced me that Holloway should go on 00:26 - May 12 with 4458 viewsFredManRave

This convinced me that Holloway should go on 07:23 - May 10 by distortR

can't remember that one in the karma sutra, and no, i don't wish to be enlightened.

You're getting confused with the front and back hollow passage of the book.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

This convinced me that Holloway should go on 08:26 - May 12 with 4312 viewsLadbrokeR

This convinced me that Holloway should go on 22:41 - May 9 by BillericayR

I was convinced when I saw the mannequin video and the players reaction to his rants...

How right you are. Of course 2003 was great but there was the likes of Rowland, Bircham and Gallen that all supported Rangers is it any surprise that in Holloways words 'they got it'. I watched that video and thought what next.

Since then there we've had two successive runs of six defeats. In between which was period where we were top of the form table. Then prior to Forest he actually invited the fans to hammer the team if they couldn't see effort. I am not sure if this was sheer naivety or a masterstroke. I think he says too much which is mainly why he has held down a job at sky. I am honestly not convinced that he sometimes understands why things have happened . The end result of what less than a point per game ratio.
This convinced me that Holloway should go on 11:27 - May 12 with 4134 viewsPinnerPaul

This convinced me that Holloway should go on 22:02 - May 9 by daveB

I've not ignored it, I just think it's a bit mad to have a go a Holloway over something that didn't happen.

I get that two players could have clashed heads and left us with 9 men but equally an asteroid could have hit the pitch and caused the game to be abandoned. It seems odd to worry about something that didn't happen

Yep, I'm with Dave on this - teams use all their subs in big games all the time.

Still, you're probably right, despite having managed nearly 1,000 games IH never gave the old two players clashing heads in the final minutes scenario any thought at all - OUT!
[Post edited 12 May 2017 11:29]
This convinced me that Holloway should go on 11:38 - May 12 with 4113 viewsTacticalR

Asteroids are ruining the game.

Air hostess clique

This convinced me that Holloway should go on 11:40 - May 12 with 4109 viewsLunarJetman

This convinced me that Holloway should go on 11:27 - May 12 by PinnerPaul

Yep, I'm with Dave on this - teams use all their subs in big games all the time.

Still, you're probably right, despite having managed nearly 1,000 games IH never gave the old two players clashing heads in the final minutes scenario any thought at all - OUT!
[Post edited 12 May 2017 11:29]

This thread smacks of someone deciding they want Holloway out and then trying to find a reason, any reason to justify that....
This convinced me that Holloway should go on 18:40 - May 12 with 3966 viewsNortholt_Rs

There's enough real stuff already to make me concerned about Holloway without adding something which didn't happen and almost never ever does anyway....when's the last time that particular scenario happened at QPR?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

This convinced me that Holloway should go on 19:43 - May 12 with 3889 viewsBlackCrowe

Ask the fictitious child-seeking lesbiains.

Now there's a sentence I've never written before.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

This convinced me that Holloway should go on 09:25 - May 13 with 3687 viewsRoller

I've just seen on Sky Sports News that Conte has used all three subs every match this season - I bet Chelsea can't wait to get rid of him.....
This convinced me that Holloway should go on 10:12 - May 13 with 3643 viewsGloryHunter

I agree with the OP. I immediately said to my mate, supposing our goalie gets a red card - we won't be able to bring on the sub goalie to face the penalty. Reckless.
This convinced me that Holloway should go on 10:35 - May 13 with 3624 viewsTW_R

This convinced me that Holloway should go on 20:22 - May 9 by distortR

As if our centre-backs get close enough together to have a clash of heads

This and what Dave said.

If our centre-backs are clashing heads then we shouldn't be playing Championship football anyway.
This convinced me that Holloway should go on 13:43 - May 13 with 3506 viewsbacardiinbrissie

This convinced me that Holloway should go on 10:35 - May 13 by TW_R

This and what Dave said.

If our centre-backs are clashing heads then we shouldn't be playing Championship football anyway.

That team shouldnt......
This convinced me that Holloway should go on 16:09 - May 13 with 3389 viewsLunarJetman

This convinced me that Holloway should go on 10:12 - May 13 by GloryHunter

I agree with the OP. I immediately said to my mate, supposing our goalie gets a red card - we won't be able to bring on the sub goalie to face the penalty. Reckless.

Sorry fella, you're just arguing a point for the sake of it. Managers all round the country use their subs up far earlier than the 80th minute on a regular basis so to say Holloway needs to go for doing so is frankly absurd.

Criticise his tactics, formation etc if you really want to but please stop trying to find fault when there isn't one....
This convinced me that Holloway should go on 16:39 - May 13 with 3353 viewsFredManRave

I cannot believe that nobody has mentioned the possibility of the asteroid hitting the substitues bench on 80plus minutes. Holloway effectively saved the lives of the two players he brought on...

Based on this alone I am convinced he should stay.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

This convinced me that Holloway should go on 19:51 - May 13 with 3249 viewskensalriser

That depends on how far up the Holloway Road you are.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

This convinced me that Holloway should go on 10:08 - May 14 with 3042 viewsGloryHunter

This convinced me that Holloway should go on 16:09 - May 13 by LunarJetman

Sorry fella, you're just arguing a point for the sake of it. Managers all round the country use their subs up far earlier than the 80th minute on a regular basis so to say Holloway needs to go for doing so is frankly absurd.

Criticise his tactics, formation etc if you really want to but please stop trying to find fault when there isn't one....

I'm not actually saying Holloway should go - not for making substitutions, anyway. I'm just agreeing with the OP that at that time, in that particular game, it might have been wise to exercise a bit of caution. I recall a game where the Rs made a triple substitution and Clarke Carlisle promptly got injured, but couldn't come off - he spent the rest of the match hobbling around up front, making his injury worse. Was that in Ollie's previous spell in charge?
This convinced me that Holloway should go on 11:34 - May 14 with 2995 viewsHooped_Pullie

This convinced me that Holloway should go on 10:08 - May 14 by GloryHunter

I'm not actually saying Holloway should go - not for making substitutions, anyway. I'm just agreeing with the OP that at that time, in that particular game, it might have been wise to exercise a bit of caution. I recall a game where the Rs made a triple substitution and Clarke Carlisle promptly got injured, but couldn't come off - he spent the rest of the match hobbling around up front, making his injury worse. Was that in Ollie's previous spell in charge?

Yes, it would have to have been...pretty sure I remember that too.

There is an opportunity for those in charge of the club to review how things have gone this season, and make changes accordingly. Now though that we've stayed up by the skin of our teeth, inertia is the likely outcome.

In many ways, I think a lot of Holloway : however, this summer he really should be moved upstairs, or sideways, to bring in Jackett as first-team coach. The team currently around Olly is neither experienced enough nor of sufficient quality to really support him, as we've seen.

Instead though, we're likely to see it all left alone, until the Grim Reaper strikes in October after another losing run and the attendant ugly scenes at HQ. We then scrabble around for another manager at a time when you can almost guarantee that no-one half decent will be available.

I hope I'm wrong, but I fear I'm not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024