Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This convinced me that Holloway should go 20:21 - May 9 with 6726 viewsPetros

I've been obsessing over this since the Forest game. So much so that I find it difficult to believe, and maybe I got my facts wrong?

This is how I remember it: we are 2-0 up in a must-win game (as subsequent results showed) and there are 10 minutes to go. Time for ultimate caution, no risks, close the game. And we bring on our two remaining substitutes, for apparently tactical reasons.

So imagine: in the 81st minute our two centre backs have a nasty clash of heads. They are both cut, mildly concussed, must come off. The remainder of the game, plus injury time, we are 9 against 11 against a team that also must win. Am I the only one who thinks this is idiotic management?
This convinced me that Holloway should go on 12:47 - May 14 with 1020 viewsdaveB

This convinced me that Holloway should go on 10:08 - May 14 by GloryHunter

I'm not actually saying Holloway should go - not for making substitutions, anyway. I'm just agreeing with the OP that at that time, in that particular game, it might have been wise to exercise a bit of caution. I recall a game where the Rs made a triple substitution and Clarke Carlisle promptly got injured, but couldn't come off - he spent the rest of the match hobbling around up front, making his injury worse. Was that in Ollie's previous spell in charge?

I don't get it i'm afraid, are we now saying that we should never make 3 subs in a game in case a keeper gets sent off or someone gets injured?
This convinced me that Holloway should go on 19:36 - May 15 with 926 viewsGloryHunter

This convinced me that Holloway should go on 12:47 - May 14 by daveB

I don't get it i'm afraid, are we now saying that we should never make 3 subs in a game in case a keeper gets sent off or someone gets injured?

No. I'm saying that at that time, in that particular game, it might have been wise to exercise a bit of caution.
This convinced me that Holloway should go on 01:43 - May 16 with 869 viewsbob566

Sorry but this is pathetic. Better managers than Holloway like Ferguson or mourinho wouldn't bat an eyelid about a treble sub
This convinced me that Holloway should go on 06:57 - May 16 with 848 viewsdaveB

This convinced me that Holloway should go on 19:36 - May 15 by GloryHunter

No. I'm saying that at that time, in that particular game, it might have been wise to exercise a bit of caution.

you can be sure if he hadn't made changes and they got back to 2-1 against a tiring side then plenty would be saying he was too slow to make changes
This convinced me that Holloway should go on 09:38 - May 16 with 808 viewsPinnerPaul

This convinced me that Holloway should go on 09:25 - May 13 by Roller

I've just seen on Sky Sports News that Conte has used all three subs every match this season - I bet Chelsea can't wait to get rid of him.....

This convinced me that Holloway should go on 10:51 - May 16 with 787 viewssmegma

What if all eleven players suddenly got cramp simultaneously in the 81st minute??

Forest still would not have scored.
This convinced me that Holloway should go on 11:04 - May 16 with 780 viewsQPR_John

I think people are arguing simply for the sake of it. Nobody is suggesting that 3 subs should never be used but in this particular game it might have been prudent to have one sub in reserve for the last 10 minutes
This convinced me that Holloway should go on 11:20 - May 16 with 767 viewsdaveB

This convinced me that Holloway should go on 11:04 - May 16 by QPR_John

I think people are arguing simply for the sake of it. Nobody is suggesting that 3 subs should never be used but in this particular game it might have been prudent to have one sub in reserve for the last 10 minutes

The original suggestion was that we might get 2 injuries so would need to save at least 2 subs for the last 10 minutes.

As it happened Washington, Freeman Smith were carrying knocks so were taken off, two of them taken off in the last 10 minutes which makes the original compliant even more crazy
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024