Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holiday Clobber 16:23 - May 10 with 4463 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Getting towards that time now where we invest in off-the-rack clothes from a multinational omnipresent conglomerate so we can all look different.

My first tow purchases will be new models of these two timeless classics so I can be the modest hipster down the beach in Ballymartyle.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Holiday Clobber on 16:39 - May 10 with 3795 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Replete with these?

[Post edited 10 May 2017 16:40]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Holiday Clobber on 16:41 - May 10 with 3787 viewsBklynRanger

Very nice, Brian, but you're not going to wear those together are you? Two items from the same designer/multinational conglomerate has to be a no-no shirley jesus christ man?

I'm off to the South Tyrol in July. Not to be confused with South Tyrone from which I assume it derives its name. So I'll be investing in a job lot of this stuff:

Holiday Clobber on 16:43 - May 10 with 3784 viewspaulparker

im sorted for my hols , just going for the traditional old school look
I should be ok for Benidorm don't you think ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Holiday Clobber on 16:43 - May 10 with 3781 viewsFDC

[whistles through teeth]

You're playing a dangerous game there Mr McCarthy, pulling off the sportswear look is a tough ask for gentlemen over the age of 16.

(forgive me if I'm being presumptuous).

Me, I'll be rocking the tried and tested shirt-with-armpit-sweat-marks look.
Holiday Clobber on 16:47 - May 10 with 3757 viewsDorse

No thong?

Thing, thing a thong, make it thimple... etc

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Holiday Clobber on 16:49 - May 10 with 3751 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It's tightrope, lads, it's a tightrope.

I think you can get away with a sports tee if worn with jeans or non-sports shorts, so no Adidas leggings, sorry!

You can, I suggest, wear two items from the same designer if it's one plus a pair of trainers.

As for the age thing, FDC, I'm a full thirty years over the 16 but I've been getting fit this year. I think I can pull it off this year for the first time in a while.

Naturally, for fine dining, I'll throw a tweed jacket on over the addidas tee. Sorted.

Holiday Clobber on 16:59 - May 10 with 3725 viewsFDC

Holiday Clobber on 16:49 - May 10 by BrianMcCarthy

I think you can get away with a sports tee if worn with jeans or non-sports shorts, so no Adidas leggings, sorry!

You can, I suggest, wear two items from the same designer if it's one plus a pair of trainers.

As for the age thing, FDC, I'm a full thirty years over the 16 but I've been getting fit this year. I think I can pull it off this year for the first time in a while.

Naturally, for fine dining, I'll throw a tweed jacket on over the addidas tee. Sorted.

You raise an interesting point. Is this still true if the other item is a pair of trousers, or even socks?

Could it be that the guiding factor is proximity, rather than one item being footwear per se? For example, it may be possible to get away with Adidas shorts and, in-so-far as caps are ever acceptable, an Adidas cap, due to their relative non-proximity.
Holiday Clobber on 17:06 - May 10 with 3712 viewsPhildo

Holiday Clobber on 16:49 - May 10 by BrianMcCarthy

A mate turned 50 a few weeks ago and in an effort to look young deviated from the Stan Smith path and bought himself some of the modern molded ones my 14 year old son wears. He looks like a total plumb in them and has had the pish ripped out of him since he wore them once to the pub.
Login to get fewer ads

Holiday Clobber on 17:08 - May 10 with 3707 viewsBklynRanger

I don't know, I don't know at all. It's sounds like you're fairly buff these days McCarthy (pm me a couple of creative candids if you feel like it). But still, you'll be all Adidas on top, some kind of bottoms set-up and then all equally Adidas on your feet. That's an excess of deliberate continuity imho. The only way to get this all back into a semblance of order would be to go for something truly audacious for the middle section - leopard print, hot pink etc, possibly camoflage...
Holiday Clobber on 17:17 - May 10 with 3679 views2Thomas2Bowles

Don't forget the hipster beard

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Holiday Clobber on 21:29 - May 10 with 3501 viewsMrSheen

Time to spend with the family.

Holiday Clobber on 21:54 - May 10 with 3464 viewsPunteR

Reebok classics are coming back i see. Nice trainers to go with my tshirt. :)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Holiday Clobber on 21:59 - May 10 with 3451 viewsdistortR

This summer i shall mostly be wearing.....................pants

bring back the fast show!
Holiday Clobber on 22:23 - May 10 with 3429 viewsBrightonhoop

If you can visualize the Pythons in wellies, rolled up trousers, knitted tank tops and knotted handkerchiefs on their heads, that's what I would have posted.

It's not a winner on the beaches but certainly freaks out the Spaniards.
Holiday Clobber on 22:56 - May 10 with 3383 viewsLblock

Seen the old Bok classics making a showing.

This summer for me is a dodgy one.
Girth seems to have developed around the midrift from nowhere (that or the Queen Adelaide)

Usually I'm resplendent in a polo shirt from Pretty Green, Luke, Boss or Ralph
Diesel jeans
And this years footwear is Nike Court - a cap doffed to Nike Wimbledon.
Talking of cap.... had one all through winter and due to a potentail health development this will need to continue through summer

Mr Mac -- you just can NOT beat a pair of Samba's. I recall ruining my first pair day one in Magaluf 1988 in some 4:00am jolly japes involving cerveza and the sea. I think I've had a pair (in suede blue) every year since; proper stand off witht he Gazelle mob!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Holiday Clobber on 09:25 - May 11 with 3259 viewsrunningman75

My summer wear is normally second hand Fred Perry ,Lyle scott polo shirts as could not afford them the first time round in the 1980s.
Holiday Clobber on 11:00 - May 11 with 3211 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Holiday Clobber on 17:08 - May 10 by BklynRanger

I don't know, I don't know at all. It's sounds like you're fairly buff these days McCarthy (pm me a couple of creative candids if you feel like it). But still, you'll be all Adidas on top, some kind of bottoms set-up and then all equally Adidas on your feet. That's an excess of deliberate continuity imho. The only way to get this all back into a semblance of order would be to go for something truly audacious for the middle section - leopard print, hot pink etc, possibly camoflage...

I am fairly buff, Bklyn. For a 46-year old. it took me three months and it should last a few days!

Holiday Clobber on 11:02 - May 11 with 3205 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Holiday Clobber on 16:59 - May 10 by FDC

You raise an interesting point. Is this still true if the other item is a pair of trousers, or even socks?

Could it be that the guiding factor is proximity, rather than one item being footwear per se? For example, it may be possible to get away with Adidas shorts and, in-so-far as caps are ever acceptable, an Adidas cap, due to their relative non-proximity.

Ah, great point!

Caps are a no-no, so let's leave that there. I think that the dividing item has to be trousers or three-quarter shorts to establish a real barrier between the brands.

Holiday Clobber on 11:04 - May 11 with 3202 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Holiday Clobber on 21:54 - May 10 by PunteR

I can't do the white trainers. I'm a size 11 but with white trainers I look like I'm balancing on two Titanic-size icebergs.

Holiday Clobber on 11:06 - May 11 with 3199 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Holiday Clobber on 22:56 - May 10 by Lblock

Seen the old Bok classics making a showing.

This summer for me is a dodgy one.
Girth seems to have developed around the midrift from nowhere (that or the Queen Adelaide)

Usually I'm resplendent in a polo shirt from Pretty Green, Luke, Boss or Ralph
Diesel jeans
And this years footwear is Nike Court - a cap doffed to Nike Wimbledon.
Talking of cap.... had one all through winter and due to a potentail health development this will need to continue through summer

Mr Mac -- you just can NOT beat a pair of Samba's. I recall ruining my first pair day one in Magaluf 1988 in some 4:00am jolly japes involving cerveza and the sea. I think I've had a pair (in suede blue) every year since; proper stand off witht he Gazelle mob!

Sambas are the bollix.

Usually I'm a polo man - Fred, Luke, Boss, Penguin area all good. But this year I'm going to mix it in with the California Classics Adidas, see if I can get some rug-dealing action down the beach. Hope Fletch isn't doing an undercover stint.

Holiday Clobber on 11:19 - May 11 with 3182 viewsMick_S

Be careful mate.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Holiday Clobber on 14:03 - May 11 with 3113 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Holiday Clobber on 21:54 - May 10 by PunteR

And here is my shirt

Holiday Clobber on 16:59 - May 11 with 2988 viewsPunteR

Holiday Clobber on 11:04 - May 11 by BrianMcCarthy

I can't do the white trainers. I'm a size 11 but with white trainers I look like I'm balancing on two Titanic-size icebergs.

Quite like these as well..

or

[Post edited 11 May 2017 17:02]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Holiday Clobber on 18:28 - May 11 with 2936 viewsdistortR

Holiday Clobber on 11:00 - May 11 by BrianMcCarthy

I am fairly buff, Bklyn. For a 46-year old. it took me three months and it should last a few days!

move away from the mirror, Brian, move away from the mirror.

And breathe out.
Holiday Clobber on 19:19 - May 11 with 2895 viewsFredManRave

Holiday Clobber on 11:19 - May 11 by Mick_S

Be careful mate.

Christ, that must have been painful. Was it just last year?! Hope there were no lasting effects for you Mick?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024