Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum 07:57 - May 11 with 6804 viewsShotKneesHoop

You knew Pinocchio and Rosie couldn't resist the sound of brown envelopes being posted through their letterbox. See http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39878418

Suddenly a miracle occurs - and he's cured of knees so painful that he couldn't stand up to collect money out of a hole in the wall (aka QPR)

The Blues have been smart enough to give Redknobb a one year contract, but he'll still get the dogs abuse when he gets to Loftus Road next year.

So that's Brum to add to the list of QPR, Portsmouth, Southampton, West Ham as clubs who run a competition every year on which set of fans hate him the most. That's one we might still win.
[Post edited 11 May 2017 7:59]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 08:20 - May 11 with 5639 viewsbosh67

And there I was thinking money made him go weak at the knees.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 08:55 - May 11 with 5598 viewsKonk

Good old Harry — he’s found another dopey, star struck foreign owner who’ll probably give him carte blanche to go mental with the overdraft facility.

They were 3 points off the play-offs when Rowett was sacked, were absolutely rank under Zola, and then Redknapp managed to get a win against Huddersfield's reserves and Bristol City, so is obviously a genius. I hope for Harry's sake that Blues are paying him the fortune he deserves after pulling off the greatest escape of all time.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 09:51 - May 11 with 5543 viewsonlyrinmoray

Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 08:55 - May 11 by Konk

Good old Harry — he’s found another dopey, star struck foreign owner who’ll probably give him carte blanche to go mental with the overdraft facility.

They were 3 points off the play-offs when Rowett was sacked, were absolutely rank under Zola, and then Redknapp managed to get a win against Huddersfield's reserves and Bristol City, so is obviously a genius. I hope for Harry's sake that Blues are paying him the fortune he deserves after pulling off the greatest escape of all time.

Just to say well done Konk on your team getting to the play offs well deserved. ( I make no apologies for my Fulham leanings as they were my fathers team ) I will be watching with interest and envy
Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 09:58 - May 11 with 5531 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 10:09 - May 11 with 5508 viewsKonk

Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 09:51 - May 11 by onlyrinmoray

Just to say well done Konk on your team getting to the play offs well deserved. ( I make no apologies for my Fulham leanings as they were my fathers team ) I will be watching with interest and envy

Thanks, mate. Appreciated. Whatever happens, I’ve really enjoyed this season: we’ve played some great football, scored plenty of goals and there’s a really positive feeling about the place for the first time in a while. Jokanovic has done a fantastic job and I only hope we can keep hold of him, whether we go up or not. Now that Hartlepool are down, it’s only Stanley and Crawley of the remaining League clubs that haven’t played at Wembley since we were there in ‘75, so we’ll hopefully get that far.

Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 10:25 - May 11 with 5485 viewsKonk

Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 09:58 - May 11 by Mick_S

“I sense great discomfort. I sense pain and misery - what’s your name, my friend, and what do you want healed?”

“My name’s Harry, I’m 70 and my knees are fu cked. Properly fu cked. They have been since I got the tin at QPR. I’ve been offered a job up North, silly money, crazy owner, absolutely right up my street, but the thing is, I’m an absolute Raspberry. It’s me knees: they’re fu cked. Sort them out and there’s a pony straight in your back bin that the taxman doesn’t need to know about.”

Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 10:42 - May 11 with 5458 viewsJuzzie

Brum fans oozing all over him just in the same way we did and scoffed at the Saints fans who warned us.

I felt like warning them but you what what, fk it.

There's no point and they'll find out in their own way as we did.
Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 11:12 - May 11 with 5427 viewsfrancisbowles

It's not all good news because there will be a spike in transfer fees, (agent's?) commission and player wages.

Hopefully he will be still going after the 'right sort' and not looking below premier rejects.
Login to get fewer ads

Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 11:19 - May 11 with 5412 viewsfrancisbowles

I've just had a vision of Harry's first signing......just leaving his beloved scum and looking for a new source of betting money!

Now that would be interesting at Loftus Road!
Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 11:53 - May 11 with 5370 viewsDesertBoot

and once again the media are all over him, "well done Harry", "the great escape Harry" and (particularly stomach-churning) "turned the clubs fortunes around in such a short period of time".

Wish I could be like David Watts

Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 15:53 - May 11 with 5223 viewsTacticalR

Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 11:53 - May 11 by DesertBoot

and once again the media are all over him, "well done Harry", "the great escape Harry" and (particularly stomach-churning) "turned the clubs fortunes around in such a short period of time".

A miracle worker with miraculous knees.

Air hostess clique

Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 17:12 - May 11 with 5149 viewsMedwayR

Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 10:09 - May 11 by Konk

Thanks, mate. Appreciated. Whatever happens, I’ve really enjoyed this season: we’ve played some great football, scored plenty of goals and there’s a really positive feeling about the place for the first time in a while. Jokanovic has done a fantastic job and I only hope we can keep hold of him, whether we go up or not. Now that Hartlepool are down, it’s only Stanley and Crawley of the remaining League clubs that haven’t played at Wembley since we were there in ‘75, so we’ll hopefully get that far.

I presume that if you're involved in a penalty shoot-out all the Fulham fans will just go home before they start and accept defeat???

Seriously though, I think Fulham have done well this season, played good football and deserve their play-off spot, you've also hit form at a good time! If you don't go up I expect Cairney and Jokanovic will be getting decent offers.

Poll: Who’s better?

Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 17:19 - May 11 with 5140 viewswestberksr

Chatting to a brizzle can today and he said Birmingham were shit but their players were already on their holidays; barely broke into a sweat.

Tvvats could have tried, although I didn't check if the other results would have made a difference
Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 17:58 - May 11 with 5079 viewsdaveB

Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 17:19 - May 11 by westberksr

Chatting to a brizzle can today and he said Birmingham were shit but their players were already on their holidays; barely broke into a sweat.

Tvvats could have tried, although I didn't check if the other results would have made a difference

They would have gone down if they had lost. Played two teams who were not even slightly trying by the sound of it
Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 19:40 - May 11 with 4973 viewsFredManRave

Must admit I'm surprised he's taken the job. I thought that he would have thought he was too good for a medium sized championship club and basically wouldn't want the hassle of managing again in that league. He never looked even the slightest bit enthused when he was with and that was when he had an owner whose trousers he could pull down at will. He surely won't have the same luxury at Brum?! I very much doubt he (his knees) will last the season.

I will admit though that I'll follow their (hopefully downward) progress with interest...
[Post edited 11 May 2017 19:41]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 21:09 - May 11 with 4908 viewsdaveB

Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 19:40 - May 11 by FredManRave

Must admit I'm surprised he's taken the job. I thought that he would have thought he was too good for a medium sized championship club and basically wouldn't want the hassle of managing again in that league. He never looked even the slightest bit enthused when he was with and that was when he had an owner whose trousers he could pull down at will. He surely won't have the same luxury at Brum?! I very much doubt he (his knees) will last the season.

I will admit though that I'll follow their (hopefully downward) progress with interest...
[Post edited 11 May 2017 19:41]

Birimingham have owners with more money than sense, an ideal club for Redknapp.

He'll do well out of them and probably put together a half decent team as well
Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 21:11 - May 11 with 4906 viewsNorthernr

Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 21:09 - May 11 by daveB

Birimingham have owners with more money than sense, an ideal club for Redknapp.

He'll do well out of them and probably put together a half decent team as well

Yeh, buy loads of players, most of them Willie Mckay clients, big transfer fees, unbelievable contracts, huge agents fees. Pretty good season next year and maybe the year after that. Three or four years down the track, financially destitute and looking at a long, long rebuilding process.
Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 21:48 - May 11 with 4880 viewsShotKneesHoop

Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 21:11 - May 11 by Northernr

Yeh, buy loads of players, most of them Willie Mckay clients, big transfer fees, unbelievable contracts, huge agents fees. Pretty good season next year and maybe the year after that. Three or four years down the track, financially destitute and looking at a long, long rebuilding process.

"Three or four years down the track, financially destitute and looking at a long, long rebuilding process"

Deja vu for Brum as it has been for us then. One of these days, HMRC must catch up with him.

How does he get away with it?

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 01:47 - May 12 with 4799 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 04:53 - May 12 with 4764 viewsHitch

The great survivor, the epitome of human endurance. Arry has sat on the sidelines waiting, watching and then pouncing on some unsuspecting club who he will leach off until prised apart. Then he will regroup and wait...
Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 09:06 - May 12 with 4663 viewsKonk

Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 17:12 - May 11 by MedwayR

I presume that if you're involved in a penalty shoot-out all the Fulham fans will just go home before they start and accept defeat???

Seriously though, I think Fulham have done well this season, played good football and deserve their play-off spot, you've also hit form at a good time! If you don't go up I expect Cairney and Jokanovic will be getting decent offers.

Two schools of thought on that! There’s the optimistic outlook that says that having missed nine penalties already this season, we absolutely cane them in the play-offs when it’s least expected. The more pessimistic outlook says we miss our first three penalties, stay down, Jokanovic leaves for Real Madrid, the team breaks up, we’re relegated next season and we’re playing in the Conference within five years. Personally, if it does go to penalties, I’ll sit down with my head in my hands and weep gently until the whole thing is over. I don’t even celebrate when we get a penalty these days. We missed a last minute one at Reading in the league — the most inevitable outcome ever.

Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 09:35 - May 12 with 4625 viewsHitch

Good luck Konk you have remained modest , restrained and happy this season me thinks. Enjoy your pipe, slippers and pink gin while watching your chaps get at it.
Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 10:00 - May 12 with 4606 viewsNorthernr

Yes best of luck Konk, I quite like all of the play-off teams this year and have mates that support them all apart from (in both cases) Reading who bore me to tears - but I don't want to go to fcking Reading next season.

Either way I would like to see Fulham end up in a shoot out just for the sports psychology element of it all!
Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 10:00 - May 12 with 4604 viewsKonk

Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 09:35 - May 12 by Hitch

Good luck Konk you have remained modest , restrained and happy this season me thinks. Enjoy your pipe, slippers and pink gin while watching your chaps get at it.

Thanks mate. This season has been our most enjoyable season since the Europa League final. Hopefully we'll give a good account of ourselves and go to Reading with some sort of lead - I think playing the 2nd leg away works in our favour with our approach and away form, and perhaps Reading having to press forward if we can win the home game. Excited, but anxious. Doubt I'll sleep well tonight.

Redknobb's knees are made for walking ..... all the way to Brum on 10:11 - May 12 with 4584 viewsfrancisbowles

Good Luck to Konk and the 'Fools', always liked the club for their uniqueness and being the more friendly of our local rivals.

After all those hammerings you gave us, just when we get the upper hand you are poised to desert us!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024