Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Alien film. 16:34 - May 13 with 5007 viewsBluce_Ree

Just saw it. Shite.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

New Alien film. on 16:41 - May 13 with 4998 viewsFredManRave

Is that you Barry Norman?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

New Alien film. on 17:21 - May 13 with 4952 viewsmakaveli1882

Don't say that
New Alien film. on 17:24 - May 13 with 4948 viewsJigsore

hopefully your opinions on films are as bad as your ones on goalkeepers. Was looking forward to Alien...

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

New Alien film. on 17:27 - May 13 with 4940 viewsBrightonhoop

New Alien film. on 16:41 - May 13 by FredManRave

Is that you Barry Norman?!

Single syllable film reviews are the future dotchaknow.
New Alien film. on 18:14 - May 13 with 4889 viewsCopenranger

Read it as New ALLEN film and thought "I can live with that", but was looking foreward to Alien.. Especially after Prometheus, which was quite a let down imo..
New Alien film. on 18:46 - May 13 with 4847 viewsStanisgod

Wonderful insight.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

New Alien film. on 19:05 - May 13 with 4823 viewsbosh67

Every Alien film

People in space
Face hugger attacks people
Alien comes out
People die
Alien/aliens die
Mainly one female survivor
The end.

Would be great if there was one film and the alien explodes out of someone and just looks around and goes, yeah, but I ain't here to eat no one. I'm just here to party. Turn the sounds up. Get me some alcohol and let's rave this sh*t out like it's 2699!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

New Alien film. on 19:26 - May 13 with 4801 viewsBasingstokeR

Seeing it tomorrow so watched Prometheus last night to "catch up"...

Wtf was that! This is what a lot of us always say/think we could do as football managers but I genuinely think I could've improved that Prometheus script in less than 30mins myself and made it into a 7/10 movie. Did Ridley Scott not read the script and think "well this is dumb" times ten.

Hoping Alien Covenant is slightly better.

Login to get fewer ads

New Alien film. on 19:30 - May 13 with 4796 viewsBluce_Ree

For me Covenant was a fair bit worse than Prometheus. And I didn't much care for that one either.

Covenant is just so pretentious. Fassbender just plays some sort of robotic space ponce in both the films and the alien is CGI bullshit.

Stick with the originals, people. I'm not going to bother watching the next one in the cinema.

New Alien film. on 21:15 - May 13 with 4712 viewsozexile

I was going to watch it but after seeing the trailer I decided against it. Yet another deserted planet. Another situation where one or two stay on the ship whilst the others go exploring. No doubt the first person was attacked whilst on the walkie talkie to the ship
Seen it done it.
New Alien film. on 22:58 - May 13 with 4614 viewsMrSheen

Made my annual trip to the cinema last night. Saw Lady Macbeth, which was very good enjoyable in a grim way, despite the male lead looking like Rio Ferdinand.
New Alien film. on 23:27 - May 13 with 4590 viewsBluce_Ree

New Alien film. on 21:15 - May 13 by ozexile

I was going to watch it but after seeing the trailer I decided against it. Yet another deserted planet. Another situation where one or two stay on the ship whilst the others go exploring. No doubt the first person was attacked whilst on the walkie talkie to the ship
Seen it done it.

Pretty much this.

New Alien film. on 09:35 - May 14 with 4440 viewsPunteR

The problem I have with all this is Ridley Scott is trying to explain how the first film existed. It didn't need a back story.
Shame that Neil Blomkamp's film probably won't happen now.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

New Alien film. on 11:03 - May 14 with 4362 viewsHooped_Pullie

Saw it in IMAX yesterday, very sorry to confirm it is indeed a steaming pile of the brown stuff.

Prometheus had its flaws, but this goes nowhere for an hour, then there's the usual bursting out stuff, then it all meanders off again, there's a bit of action towards the end - and it finishes with a 'twist' you'll see ten miles away.

I am coming to the conclusion that film directors are like football managers - good for their time, then best get off the stage. This is the filmic equivalent of watching George Graham making a comeback.
New Alien film. on 13:02 - May 14 with 4301 viewsted_hendrix

We saw the original when it first came out at the pictures, it was nothing short of stunning and without doubt a classic film.
I've got the bloody box set and I've given the first sequel at the most probably 10 minutes of my time but it doesn't work for me it was garbage and the all of the sequels in the box set still remain un-watched.
These classic films should remain just that classics and left alone.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

New Alien film. on 14:38 - May 14 with 4254 viewsbacardiinbrissie

Cheer up you miserable old bstards.... I loved all of them (well except #3- that really was bad) and cant wait to see this one
Prometheus left us with more questions than answer and i want to know.... :)

Just because the season is over your not allowed to automatically transfer the doom and gloom from LR to the cinema !
New Alien film. on 14:40 - May 14 with 4249 viewsBluce_Ree

New Alien film. on 13:02 - May 14 by ted_hendrix

We saw the original when it first came out at the pictures, it was nothing short of stunning and without doubt a classic film.
I've got the bloody box set and I've given the first sequel at the most probably 10 minutes of my time but it doesn't work for me it was garbage and the all of the sequels in the box set still remain un-watched.
These classic films should remain just that classics and left alone.

Aliens is good. There's certainly nothing in the first ten minutes that should make you write it off.

Alien 3 is a bit misunderstood too. I really like the casting on it and it is quite a tense story. The alien in it looks awful though.

New Alien film. on 14:45 - May 14 with 4241 viewsbacardiinbrissie

We're simple folk down here mate. Just like a bit of action, a fit bird, some aliens and a bit of death stuff. Not really bothered who's in it.
Too busy dodging those bloody boomerangs on their way back to worry about stuff like that .
New Alien film. on 14:47 - May 14 with 4240 viewsSimonJames

New Alien film. on 19:05 - May 13 by bosh67

Every Alien film

People in space
Face hugger attacks people
Alien comes out
People die
Alien/aliens die
Mainly one female survivor
The end.

Would be great if there was one film and the alien explodes out of someone and just looks around and goes, yeah, but I ain't here to eat no one. I'm just here to party. Turn the sounds up. Get me some alcohol and let's rave this sh*t out like it's 2699!

You forgot, bird in semi see-through flimsy white vest.

100% of people who drink water will die.

New Alien film. on 23:32 - May 14 with 4112 viewsBasingstokeR

Right, Ive now seen Alien Covenant, and whilst not great by any means, it was serviceable and I'd say is quite a bit better than Prometheus (tighter story, better characterisation, less plot holes/outright stupidity). I still can't get my head round watching non time travel conceit prequels where everything looks so much more modern than the original film itself technically set in the future.

There is one line of dialogue in a scene with what I'd say was a primary school recorder, which I'd challenge anyone (maybe it was just the juveniles In the whole screen I saw the film in tonight) to keep a straight face for. Unmeaningly (I'm assuming) hilarious and I don't know how it ended up staying in the film.

Wrt mention of a twist, I know what you're saying but I don't think there's any twists in the film it's all pretty straight forward, there'd had been a twist if what does happen didn't happen imho.

Watch Prisoners that's showing right now on Channel 4 instead!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024