Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forest Green Rovers 17:46 - May 14 with 11908 viewsMonahoop

Well done to them getting promoted to the Football League via the promotion playoffs. Is this the smallest town or place to have a team playing at this level? What kind of crowds do they get now. I remember when they got promoted to the Conference in 1999 they were dead certs for relegation. They have been there until today.
Forest Green. Sounds like an idyllic English country village with cricket green, duck pond, pub and thatched Tudor cottages. It's probably anything but of course. Just my imagination.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Forest Green Rovers on 17:53 - May 14 with 8935 viewssmegma

They will beat us in the league cup in August.
Forest Green Rovers on 17:56 - May 14 with 8923 viewsWatford_Ranger

Forest Green Rovers on 17:53 - May 14 by smegma

At least you can enjoy a delicious pumpkin tagine at half time.
Forest Green Rovers on 18:01 - May 14 with 8915 viewssmegma

Forest Green Rovers on 17:56 - May 14 by Watford_Ranger

At least you can enjoy a delicious pumpkin tagine at half time.

Probably the best food at any football ground in England.
Forest Green Rovers on 18:09 - May 14 with 8897 viewsBoston

Pitch is located somewhere behind the second cooling tower.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Forest Green Rovers on 19:10 - May 14 with 8817 viewsstowmarketrange

The experts on 5 live said it is the smallest town to have a team in the football league.I've looked up Nailsworth on a map and I still haven't got a clue where it is or how to get there.
Well done to them anyway.
Forest Green Rovers on 19:39 - May 14 with 8780 viewsBoston

Forest Green Rovers on 19:10 - May 14 by stowmarketrange

The experts on 5 live said it is the smallest town to have a team in the football league.I've looked up Nailsworth on a map and I still haven't got a clue where it is or how to get there.
Well done to them anyway.

Although knowing the name, I hadn't a clue where they were from. Looked Nailsworth up, charming village, under 6,000, public transport consists of the 63 bus, nearest railway station is in Stroud. Not sure if the town really needs football fans fcking up their peace and quiet.

Forest Green Rovers on 20:20 - May 14 with 8718 viewsLongsufferingR

Always good to see new clubs joining in. So many ex-League clubs struggling to get back up now.
Forest Green Rovers on 20:54 - May 14 with 8674 viewsTheJudge

Thank god they're name isn't Forest Green Marine....Because lets face it like QPR they will be reduced to letters
Login to get fewer ads

Forest Green Rovers on 21:19 - May 14 with 8619 viewsGloucs_R

Right... Let's have this straight.... They have been bank rolled through the league's by a rich (albeit echo friendly) entrepreneur... Think man city or Chelsea of non league. He also is a vegan and won't sell meat products at the ground.

Stroud is 5 mins up the road so don't buy into this small village crap.

Hope they get smashed by both Cheltenham and Swindon.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Forest Green Rovers on 21:29 - May 14 with 8593 viewsDannyPaddox

Forest Green Rovers on 21:19 - May 14 by Gloucs_R

Right... Let's have this straight.... They have been bank rolled through the league's by a rich (albeit echo friendly) entrepreneur... Think man city or Chelsea of non league. He also is a vegan and won't sell meat products at the ground.

"echo-friendly entrepreneur preneur preneur preneur eneur neur neur er er" you say.
Forest Green Rovers on 21:35 - May 14 with 8576 viewsNorthernr

Feel sorry for Tranmere. Tough gig with everybody supporting Everton or Liverpool , one of the clubs like Stockport and Grimsby that never got over the ITV Digital fiasco. All three were First Division mainstays when that deal went south.
Forest Green Rovers on 21:36 - May 14 with 8574 viewsenfieldargh

we played a preseason friendly there back in 2009.

Great little stadium with a nice bar.

Is atop a vey very steep hill above Nailsworth.

Its like a hidden valley, a secret village with lovely pubs , its extremely Midwich Cookooesq.

How many years before our first league fixture there I wonder

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Forest Green Rovers on 21:38 - May 14 with 8571 viewsGloucs_R

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/comment-forest-green-rovers-allowed-carry-losi

Forest Green Rovers on 21:44 - May 14 with 8559 viewsMonahoop

Forest Green Rovers on 21:19 - May 14 by Gloucs_R

Remember Rushden & Diamonds ? Look what happened to them. They were despised in the Conference. Hope the same fate doesn't befall Forest Green.
Village mentality? Their ground is called The Lawn. How quaint. Jumpers for goal posts? Perhaps a touch of croquet, what!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Forest Green Rovers on 21:45 - May 14 with 8553 viewsWeaverQPR

Spent more agents fees than the rest of the divison put together.

@WeavQPR

Forest Green Rovers on 21:46 - May 14 with 8553 viewsGloucs_R

Forest Green Rovers on 21:44 - May 14 by Monahoop

Remember Rushden & Diamonds ? Look what happened to them. They were despised in the Conference. Hope the same fate doesn't befall Forest Green.
Village mentality? Their ground is called The Lawn. How quaint. Jumpers for goal posts? Perhaps a touch of croquet, what!

Building a new stadium, next junction down from Gloucester. Dislike them... 😁

Forest Green Rovers on 21:47 - May 14 with 8550 viewsNorthernr

Forest Green Rovers on 21:45 - May 14 by WeaverQPR

Spent more agents fees than the rest of the divison put together.

Yeh I read today that the agents fees they've paid this year would fund the entire Chester City budget for the whole club for six months.
Forest Green Rovers on 21:55 - May 14 with 8522 viewsCheshireR

Former R's youth team player Emmanuel Monthe was playing in defence for them today.
Well done to him and Forest Green Rovers.
Forest Green Rovers on 22:22 - May 14 with 8475 viewsBoston

Forest Green Rovers on 21:55 - May 14 by CheshireR

Former R's youth team player Emmanuel Monthe was playing in defence for them today.
Well done to him and Forest Green Rovers.

Ssshh...we've decided we don't like them.

Forest Green Rovers on 22:52 - May 14 with 8410 viewsCiderwithRsie

Best description of the location was in NorthernR's preview of the pre-season friendly a few years' back - IIRC it went "take the A46 out of Stroud, turn right at the roundabout in Nailsworth, then carry on until you think there cannot possibly be a football stadium at the end of the road, and about 5 minutes later you'll be there."

Population of Nailsworth is just over 5,000; Stroud is about 5 miles up the road and has a population of 13,000+ so not quite the village of Monahoop's imagination but still pretty small - Gloucester is about 10 times as big, and that's not exactly huge. It is possible to watch matches from nearby hillsides, as quite a few did when they sold out in an FA Cup game a couple of years' ago.

Correct pronunciation of Forest Green is Firescreen.
Forest Green Rovers on 23:50 - May 14 with 8342 viewsmerseyhoop

I was at Wembley today cheering Tranmere on, to be fair the better team won, they were fitter stronger and bullied tranmere at times, they are also well equipped in the cynical side of the game - like a leeds team of the 70s, I understand why now as there manager Mark Cooper is Terry Coopers son.
Forest Green Rovers on 06:46 - May 15 with 8257 viewsstowmarketrange

Forest Green Rovers on 21:38 - May 14 by Gloucs_R

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/comment-forest-green-rovers-allowed-carry-losi

Is it any different to how we've operated over the last 8 years?We don't live within our means and probably would still be in league 1 if we did.
The problem comes if the owner decides enough is enough and doesn't bankroll them any more.
Forest Green Rovers on 08:50 - May 15 with 8162 viewsDorse

Forest Green fans generally have large investments portfolios, Range Rovers, an active interest in killing animals for fun and black Labradors, usually called 'Jasper' or 'Pharos'. They only attend the football because young Hesquith didn't make the School First XV and 'we need to support the lad'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Forest Green Rovers on 09:05 - May 15 with 8140 viewsDannyPaddox

Forest Green Rovers on 17:53 - May 14 by smegma

Carabao-unga!
Forest Green Rovers on 10:12 - May 15 with 8082 viewsqprphil

I've been to the old ground a few times when they used to play Gravesend & Northfleet, (now Ebbsfleet Utd ) I think the club is bank rolled by Dale Vince, who has ploughed millions into it. Now watch for Ebbsfleet next season, they will be a force after gaining promotion to the Conference National after beating Chelmsford 2-1. Ebbsfleet were down 1-0, and with a man sent off at the end of the first half, came back to score two goals in the last 15 mins.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024