Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hand Of Rod 23:40 - May 14 with 2698 viewsToast_R

Just seen Crouchey's goal against Arsenal. Cheeky blighter.

Hand Of Rod on 01:27 - May 15 with 2664 viewsBoston

Blimey, sign him up Argentina!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hand Of Rod on 09:50 - May 15 with 2561 viewsterryb

And there we have it.

Peter Crouch is a cheeky blighter. Thierry Henry (or any non British player) is a cheat!
Hand Of Rod on 10:27 - May 15 with 2536 viewsNorthernr

Crouch has done things like that his whole career - remember the goal against Trinidad in the World Cup where he had hold of the defender's hair - but everybody gives him a free pass for it because he's kind of a comedy figure. Hate to think what the reaction would be if Sterling did stuff like that.
Hand Of Rod on 10:34 - May 15 with 2528 viewsterryb

Hand Of Rod on 10:27 - May 15 by Northernr

Crouch has done things like that his whole career - remember the goal against Trinidad in the World Cup where he had hold of the defender's hair - but everybody gives him a free pass for it because he's kind of a comedy figure. Hate to think what the reaction would be if Sterling did stuff like that.

The thing is, and I know most will disagree with me, this is more blatantly cheating than going down (diving) under minimum contact.

I believe that it should result in a sending off if seen (I know the Crouch one wasn't & so no action should be taken), the same as handling the ball by a defender on the goal line is.

My views probably go back to the '68-69 season when James Greaves cheated by punching the ball into the net at the Loftus Road end! Never forgotten ot forgiven!
Hand Of Rod on 10:42 - May 15 with 2515 viewsNorthernr

Hand Of Rod on 10:34 - May 15 by terryb

The thing is, and I know most will disagree with me, this is more blatantly cheating than going down (diving) under minimum contact.

I believe that it should result in a sending off if seen (I know the Crouch one wasn't & so no action should be taken), the same as handling the ball by a defender on the goal line is.

My views probably go back to the '68-69 season when James Greaves cheated by punching the ball into the net at the Loftus Road end! Never forgotten ot forgiven!

I remember Liam Ridgwell doing it at St Andrews the other year. Was spotted by the referee and disallowed but he went absolutely mental with the officials as if it was some massive injustice. He's meant to be a QPR fan as well. Knobber.
Hand Of Rod on 11:07 - May 15 with 2476 viewssmegma

Hand Of Rod on 10:27 - May 15 by Northernr

Or John Terry.
Hand Of Rod on 11:44 - May 15 with 2435 viewsJAPRANGERS

Think my eyes must be going as I find it hard to spot his hand use in that clip. Also Arsenal didn't seem to protest. Forgive me if I totally misread this, I've had an exhausting day!
Hand Of Rod on 11:56 - May 15 with 2415 viewsqueensparker

Hand Of Rod on 10:34 - May 15 by terryb

But then we'd have been denied Devon White against Everton (last game when the Loft was standing, I think?) and Marcus Bean away at someone sh*te in the third tier when we needed the points.

Both brilliant and blatant punches into the net. Swings and roundabouts innit.
Login to get fewer ads

Hand Of Rod on 12:05 - May 15 with 2399 viewsNorthernr

Hand Of Rod on 11:07 - May 15 by smegma

Or John Terry.

They'd probably have given that prck another medal. Just given him one for winning the Premier League when he had about as much to do with it as I did.
Hand Of Rod on 15:50 - May 15 with 2278 viewssmegma

Hand Of Rod on 12:05 - May 15 by Northernr

They'd probably have given that prck another medal. Just given him one for winning the Premier League when he had about as much to do with it as I did.

He's inn full full kit w@nker mode as we speak in preparation for tonight's party.
Hand Of Rod on 15:56 - May 15 with 2266 viewsHunterhoop

Hand Of Rod on 11:56 - May 15 by queensparker

But then we'd have been denied Devon White against Everton (last game when the Loft was standing, I think?) and Marcus Bean away at someone sh*te in the third tier when we needed the points.

Both brilliant and blatant punches into the net. Swings and roundabouts innit.

Gillingham, I believe. Won 1-0 away. First win back in the Championship under Holloway. We'd already played 6, I think, had failed to win any and were bottom.

I think I watched it on my own in a Walkabout in Newquay, before joining up with mates later that night. Loved it. Entirely deliberate. I didn't mind old Bean. Half decent piano carrier. When on to have a half decent career too.
Hand Of Rod on 16:43 - May 15 with 2212 viewsToast_R

I'll always have a soft spot for Peter Crouch. One positive thing from a cesspool of sh*te that was the 2000/01 season. So if he does take the odd liberty but gets away with it, good luck to the guy. If it were Suarez or someone of that ilk, they can burn in the pit of hell until they're sorry.

Double standards? Absolutely.
Hand Of Rod on 17:12 - May 15 with 2188 viewsterryb

Hand Of Rod on 16:43 - May 15 by Toast_R

I'll always have a soft spot for Peter Crouch. One positive thing from a cesspool of sh*te that was the 2000/01 season. So if he does take the odd liberty but gets away with it, good luck to the guy. If it were Suarez or someone of that ilk, they can burn in the pit of hell until they're sorry.

Double standards? Absolutely.

And that is something I certainly can't argue with! We all have double standards & contradict ourselves all the time.

Why I detest Greaves for that goal, but happily accepted our players "winning decisions" would be regarded by non-footballing folks as irrational. It is very rational to me though!
Hand Of Rod on 20:41 - May 15 with 2104 viewsbosh67

When you are married to Abbey Clancy I don't think you care where it goes in off.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hand Of Rod on 21:28 - May 15 with 2076 viewsLandshark

Hand Of Rod on 15:56 - May 15 by Hunterhoop

Gillingham, I believe. Won 1-0 away. First win back in the Championship under Holloway. We'd already played 6, I think, had failed to win any and were bottom.

I think I watched it on my own in a Walkabout in Newquay, before joining up with mates later that night. Loved it. Entirely deliberate. I didn't mind old Bean. Half decent piano carrier. When on to have a half decent career too.

I believe it was a Friday night during August bank holiday. I've got a terrible memory usually but remember that I was at Reading Festival and snuck away to watch the game.
Hand Of Rod on 22:24 - May 15 with 2021 viewskomradkirk

I put one away with my hand when i played for the team at primary school.

Years before Maradona.
Hand Of Rod on 07:38 - May 16 with 1947 viewsHunterhoop

Hand Of Rod on 21:28 - May 15 by Landshark

I believe it was a Friday night during August bank holiday. I've got a terrible memory usually but remember that I was at Reading Festival and snuck away to watch the game.

That's it. Can't work out how we'd have played 6 league games by then, but sure we had! That's why the result was so needed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024