Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Champions Trophy Cricket 14:18 - May 31 with 5819 viewsElHoop

I now have a couple of spares for tomorrow if anyone is interested - but more to the point who will win?

I'm not totally convinced by England although we obviously have a chance.
Australia look stronger than us but are also very short in the betting. It's hard to feel confident about any of the favourites and one early defeat could mean elimination so I'm going to have a few wagers - Indian, NZ and the Bangles and hopefully one or two make the semis.
Champions Trophy Cricket on 15:21 - May 31 with 4292 viewstoboboly

On our day we are a match for anyone but probably don't have the wicket taking needed to win the tournament. One thing I have been very impressed with recently is that we have become far more consistant in our batting, always gives you a chance if you can make decent scores more often than not.

Obviously the Lords game was disappointing but I think that was an aberration, lots of rusty players picked.

I am going tomorrow as well, looked into heading to Cardiff for the day but trains are stupidly expensive.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Champions Trophy Cricket on 15:36 - May 31 with 4278 viewsElHoop

Champions Trophy Cricket on 15:21 - May 31 by toboboly

On our day we are a match for anyone but probably don't have the wicket taking needed to win the tournament. One thing I have been very impressed with recently is that we have become far more consistant in our batting, always gives you a chance if you can make decent scores more often than not.

Obviously the Lords game was disappointing but I think that was an aberration, lots of rusty players picked.

I am going tomorrow as well, looked into heading to Cardiff for the day but trains are stupidly expensive.

We bat deep but I'm not sure whether that's such a good thing as everyone thinks that someone else will do it if they don't, and nobody feels the need to put their foot on it and steady the ship. Root and Bairstow would be the two most likely to knuckle down but Bairstow doesn't play - a big mistake in my view, so a lot depends on Root when things get tough, which inevitaby they will at some stage. If Joe plays well enough then we can win it, but it's a decent sized 'if'. If Joe is our man of the series then we'll have won it i reckon.
[Post edited 31 May 2017 15:36]
Champions Trophy Cricket on 15:39 - May 31 with 4270 viewstoboboly

Good point re:Bairstow. Currently looks a class above, personally I would have him in ahead of Buttler or perhaps if Stokes was fully fit would drop one of the bowlers.

Hope he gets some games as he seems to be in exceptional form and sod's law England waste it!

Champions Trophy Cricket on 15:58 - May 31 with 4263 viewsElHoop

Champions Trophy Cricket on 15:39 - May 31 by toboboly

Good point re:Bairstow. Currently looks a class above, personally I would have him in ahead of Buttler or perhaps if Stokes was fully fit would drop one of the bowlers.

Hope he gets some games as he seems to be in exceptional form and sod's law England waste it!

I'm not a great fan of Roy - looks way out of his depth to me. I'm not even that keen on Hales but there's a better case for him than Roy. I'd put Moeen up as opener and have Bairstow at 4 or 5. That team would be better balanced.
Champions Trophy Cricket on 16:28 - May 31 with 4241 viewstoboboly

Champions Trophy Cricket on 15:58 - May 31 by ElHoop

I'm not a great fan of Roy - looks way out of his depth to me. I'm not even that keen on Hales but there's a better case for him than Roy. I'd put Moeen up as opener and have Bairstow at 4 or 5. That team would be better balanced.

Can't help but think that Moeen wouldn't do great as an opener, i think he does better down the order due to less pressure, but maybe they should have experimented in the Ireland series?

Champions Trophy Cricket on 17:07 - May 31 with 4213 viewsJamesB1979

Aussies for me with their bowling. Batting of the top sides is all pretty even except maybe we bat a bit deeper than most. Still think in these competitions that it's having quality wicket taking bowlers that make the difference. Woakes, Plunkett, Stokes, Ali, Rashid.....not good enough for me.
Champions Trophy Cricket on 17:16 - May 31 with 4201 viewsElHoop

Champions Trophy Cricket on 16:28 - May 31 by toboboly

Can't help but think that Moeen wouldn't do great as an opener, i think he does better down the order due to less pressure, but maybe they should have experimented in the Ireland series?

Well Moeen and Roy opened for England at the Oval in 2016 and Moeen scored 2 and Roy walloped 162, so you might be right. Hopefully Roy can get going tomorrow.
Champions Trophy Cricket on 17:17 - May 31 with 4199 viewsCFW

Think this will be a good tournament with four teams all in with a shout - Australia, India, South Africa and of course us. When it come to the knock out stages any team can have a bad day with the bat (as we did on Monday) and in this country a lot depends on the weather and the toss. Had we won the toss on Monday it would have been a different game but to be fair the South Africans bowled well and exploited the conditions very well. Morgan made a good point it really was not a one day wicket.

We do have a good side but only when they all fire, Roy can be in and out as can Hales and Buttler worries me - he can be a match winner but very short of runs recently and Bairstow is the form man. If I was him and was not selected I would have a right monk on!!

In the 50 over game I am not a fan of this go hard early doors system that they all rave about - have one man who builds an innings and is a bit more patient - but what do I know?!!! What I do know is I have a ticket for the final at the Oval and I really would like to see us in the final and of course WIN!!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Champions Trophy Cricket on 22:48 - Jun 1 with 4080 viewsNorthLondonR

Champions Trophy Cricket on 17:17 - May 31 by CFW

Think this will be a good tournament with four teams all in with a shout - Australia, India, South Africa and of course us. When it come to the knock out stages any team can have a bad day with the bat (as we did on Monday) and in this country a lot depends on the weather and the toss. Had we won the toss on Monday it would have been a different game but to be fair the South Africans bowled well and exploited the conditions very well. Morgan made a good point it really was not a one day wicket.

We do have a good side but only when they all fire, Roy can be in and out as can Hales and Buttler worries me - he can be a match winner but very short of runs recently and Bairstow is the form man. If I was him and was not selected I would have a right monk on!!

In the 50 over game I am not a fan of this go hard early doors system that they all rave about - have one man who builds an innings and is a bit more patient - but what do I know?!!! What I do know is I have a ticket for the final at the Oval and I really would like to see us in the final and of course WIN!!!!

Despite today, how malan can't get in that team is an absolute disgrace.... take today, woakes off, malan is a better spin option than root (i realise.what root did today) Im dumbfounded as to how he's overlooked... middlesex' gain however
Champions Trophy Cricket on 23:44 - Jun 1 with 4048 viewsHunterhoop

Champions Trophy Cricket on 22:48 - Jun 1 by NorthLondonR

Despite today, how malan can't get in that team is an absolute disgrace.... take today, woakes off, malan is a better spin option than root (i realise.what root did today) Im dumbfounded as to how he's overlooked... middlesex' gain however

Malan just hit 125 opening up for England Lions. His record for them is phenomenal. Having watched a lot of county cricket the last decade, I'd have him in my side over Roy every day of the week.

Like you say, Middlesex's gain.

For the immediate issue, you can't drop Buttler. He's a far better keeper than Bairstow for one. And he has England's 3 fastest ODI tons. You canN drop that. He can win us games single handedly.

But Bairstow must play. Agree with that. Looks class and has been in phenomenal form for some time. I'd bin Roy and open with Buttler. Like for like in attacking approach. And if he comes off you're off to a flyer. You've still got Stokes and Ali down the order to wallop it at the death.

The really odd thing today was dropping Rashid, especially at the Oval. 2nd highest wicket taker in ODIs across the world since the last World Cup. We didn't need all those seamers.

Interesting now Woakes is out, and Ball bowled like a drain. Rashid, if fit, and perhaps Roland Jones to come in?
Champions Trophy Cricket on 08:47 - Jun 2 with 3999 viewstoboboly

Champions Trophy Cricket on 17:16 - May 31 by ElHoop

Well Moeen and Roy opened for England at the Oval in 2016 and Moeen scored 2 and Roy walloped 162, so you might be right. Hopefully Roy can get going tomorrow.

Never looked settled yesterday did he? Can't help but think he is running out of time.

Champions Trophy Cricket on 08:51 - Jun 2 with 3997 viewstoboboly

Champions Trophy Cricket on 23:44 - Jun 1 by Hunterhoop

Malan just hit 125 opening up for England Lions. His record for them is phenomenal. Having watched a lot of county cricket the last decade, I'd have him in my side over Roy every day of the week.

Like you say, Middlesex's gain.

For the immediate issue, you can't drop Buttler. He's a far better keeper than Bairstow for one. And he has England's 3 fastest ODI tons. You canN drop that. He can win us games single handedly.

But Bairstow must play. Agree with that. Looks class and has been in phenomenal form for some time. I'd bin Roy and open with Buttler. Like for like in attacking approach. And if he comes off you're off to a flyer. You've still got Stokes and Ali down the order to wallop it at the death.

The really odd thing today was dropping Rashid, especially at the Oval. 2nd highest wicket taker in ODIs across the world since the last World Cup. We didn't need all those seamers.

Interesting now Woakes is out, and Ball bowled like a drain. Rashid, if fit, and perhaps Roland Jones to come in?

This. Why was Rashid dropped but Ball left in? The bowling figures really tell a story from yesterday. Shame about Woakes cos he looked fantastic for those two overs he bowled.

Bairstow for Ball maybe? If Woakes isn't fit enough then put Rashid in for him.

Champions Trophy Cricket on 09:13 - Jun 2 with 3984 viewsElHoop

Champions Trophy Cricket on 08:47 - Jun 2 by toboboly

Never looked settled yesterday did he? Can't help but think he is running out of time.

No he didn't look good - he looks low on confidence.

If Root keeps on batting like that then it doesn't matter too much, but he's got his own injury issues. Sadly we could end up bringing in Bairstow for Root if his body gives way.
Champions Trophy Cricket on 09:19 - Jun 2 with 3979 viewstoboboly

Champions Trophy Cricket on 09:13 - Jun 2 by ElHoop

No he didn't look good - he looks low on confidence.

If Root keeps on batting like that then it doesn't matter too much, but he's got his own injury issues. Sadly we could end up bringing in Bairstow for Root if his body gives way.

Woakes confirmed as out for the tournament. Bring Rashid or Bairstow in for him. If Root has a calf cramp/injury then I would stop him bowling for the rest of the tournament and manage his workload over the summer.

Champions Trophy Cricket on 10:19 - Jun 2 with 3947 viewsdanehoop

Champions Trophy Cricket on 09:19 - Jun 2 by toboboly

Woakes confirmed as out for the tournament. Bring Rashid or Bairstow in for him. If Root has a calf cramp/injury then I would stop him bowling for the rest of the tournament and manage his workload over the summer.

I'd bring in Roland Jones, bang in form and has rally progressed over past 18 months. He brings something different to the attack as well as keeping the batting going.

Never knowingly understood

Champions Trophy Cricket on 10:31 - Jun 2 with 3940 viewsElHoop

Champions Trophy Cricket on 10:19 - Jun 2 by danehoop

I'd bring in Roland Jones, bang in form and has rally progressed over past 18 months. He brings something different to the attack as well as keeping the batting going.

I don't know whether they've requested this of anyone else, but the ECB have asked Notts to rest Broad for the next couple of games.
Champions Trophy Cricket on 10:56 - Jun 2 with 3932 viewsthame_hoops

Champions Trophy Cricket on 10:31 - Jun 2 by ElHoop

I don't know whether they've requested this of anyone else, but the ECB have asked Notts to rest Broad for the next couple of games.

Possibly England saw India take apart Bangladesh with Seam at the same venue a few days earlier so that factored into dropping Rashid. Also with stokes not 100% they needed some seam cover.

Do they do the old England thing if dropping a player (Roy) or do they keep consistency and keep him in the team?

I'd give him the next game at the very least
Champions Trophy Cricket on 18:17 - Jun 6 with 3772 viewsElHoop

England have done what they did to the Bangles at the end of their innings, and they've turned the screws on New Zealand. Whilst we might not have the greatest bowlers in the world, Morgan seems to be able to rotate them and keep things tight. If the batsmen can keep knocking out 300+ then we won't be too far away from winning this thing.
Champions Trophy Cricket on 09:42 - Jun 7 with 3625 viewstoboboly

How Ball gets in the team let alone motm is beyond me. Saying that he did much better yesterday.

Roy still struggling badly. Would like to see us rotate a few in and out for the Aus match. Bairstow, Finn, Willey coming in for Root, Stokes and Ball for me.

Champions Trophy Cricket on 10:07 - Jun 7 with 3614 viewsElHoop

Champions Trophy Cricket on 09:42 - Jun 7 by toboboly

How Ball gets in the team let alone motm is beyond me. Saying that he did much better yesterday.

Roy still struggling badly. Would like to see us rotate a few in and out for the Aus match. Bairstow, Finn, Willey coming in for Root, Stokes and Ball for me.

Yes I'd go along with that, we need to keep our big guns fit, but don't get me wrong, a 'free hit' at knocking out the Aussies should be hit out of the ground. So if Root and Stokes are 100% then they should play, but it's unlikely that they wouldn't benefit from a rest.
Champions Trophy Cricket on 19:35 - Jun 8 with 3523 viewsMrSheen

Sri Lanka just beat India. Everyone on one win. Groupofdeathtastic.
Champions Trophy Cricket on 19:55 - Jun 8 with 3509 viewsElHoop

Champions Trophy Cricket on 19:35 - Jun 8 by MrSheen

Sri Lanka just beat India. Everyone on one win. Groupofdeathtastic.

Yeah and India now play South Africa, so one of them Is toast presumably.

If we bundle out the Aussies then it's looking as good as we could have hoped going into the semis.
Champions Trophy Cricket on 20:15 - Jun 8 with 3498 viewsted_hendrix

Would anyone give Roy another go at opening on Saturday? I can't help thinking he's got one big knock coming.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Champions Trophy Cricket on 21:29 - Jun 8 with 3482 viewsElHoop

Champions Trophy Cricket on 20:15 - Jun 8 by ted_hendrix

Would anyone give Roy another go at opening on Saturday? I can't help thinking he's got one big knock coming.

Well if we rest one or two then he should get another go, but those coming in also get the chance to make their mark. He needs a big score I think but I'm not convinced that he's up to it. With T20 cricket so intensive, the top bowlers know exactly where to put it for every batsmen for every ball and at this level they play pretty much at T20 intensity. England are already through and if Roy gets a score then he'll be Ok, but the Aussie bowlers are decent and they'll be fancying their chances against Roy I fear.
Champions Trophy Cricket on 14:07 - Jun 10 with 3407 viewsElHoop

Another very tidy bowling performance by England - this time a slightly rusty looking Aussie side couldn't put us away in the second half of the innings. The Oz bowlers will throw everything at us but hopefully we can withstand the early onslaught and then send them home tonight cheered on by 100 million Bangladeshis.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024