Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latimer Road 02:31 - Jun 14 with 95701 viewsstowmarketrange

A big fire in a tower block in Latimer Road just been reported on 5live.Eyewitness says there are people trapped on the upper floors.
I hope everyone gets out safely.
Latimer Road on 09:25 - Jun 14 with 3422 viewsSuffolk

I've been a Firefighter for 30 years and have just sat watching it on TV in shock and dismay. It shouldn't be happening in this day and age. The fire detection and suppression systems are out there to prevent this happening. Got to be serious questions asked about the means of escape and the systems installed.

Those that have attended this incident will be haunted by it for the rest of their lives.

Heart goes out to those involved and their families.
Latimer Road on 09:28 - Jun 14 with 3400 views2Thomas2Bowles

Latimer Road on 09:25 - Jun 14 by Suffolk

I've been a Firefighter for 30 years and have just sat watching it on TV in shock and dismay. It shouldn't be happening in this day and age. The fire detection and suppression systems are out there to prevent this happening. Got to be serious questions asked about the means of escape and the systems installed.

Those that have attended this incident will be haunted by it for the rest of their lives.

Matt Wrack, general secretary of the Fire Brigades Union, has said normal fire procedures were not possible to follow in the Grenfell Tower fire.

He explained that normally firefighters would work from the inside out but in this case they had not been able to do so. He said it was "shocking" that a fire in a tower block was able to take hold in this way.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Latimer Road on 09:35 - Jun 14 with 3356 viewsjohncharles

Been following it on here during the early hours but when I put the TV on about 8.00 the pictures are horrific. I'm truly shocked. God help those poor people.

Strong and stable my arse.

Latimer Road on 09:40 - Jun 14 with 3334 viewsDesertBoot

Horrific scenes and my heart goes out to all those affected. Residents talking of their concerns about fire safety in the block for many years but nothing done by the local council.
Gas works took place within the block recently too, whether that's got anything to do with it nobody knows,
One fire escape route for such a big block and that's where the fire hit first. Terrible.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Latimer Road on 09:45 - Jun 14 with 3315 views2Thomas2Bowles

Firefighters did manage to get many out up to the 16th floor

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Latimer Road on 09:54 - Jun 14 with 3278 viewsLythamR

Absolutely shocking, My sympathies to all effected.
Latimer Road on 10:02 - Jun 14 with 3240 viewsrichranger

from Tony Fernandes

Tragic what I'm seeing in North Kensington. @QPRFC will do whatever it can to help. My thoughts to all. Really sad

I have asked @QPRFC lee hoos to see if loftus road could be used a relief centre . Our community team will be mobilised. We will do whatever
Latimer Road on 10:13 - Jun 14 with 3169 viewsNorthernr

That is just an unimaginable nightmare isn't it, middle of the night, at that speed. Fcking hell. Poor bstrds.

Only one escape, fire alarms didn't go off, dry risers didn't work, residents previously told that if it does catch fire just stay in your flat with the door closed, several blogs online written months ago saying it was an absolute death trap and fire hazards had been repeatedly reported and ignored... this is going to be another of London's excellent private sector landlords/management companies at work isn't it?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

Latimer Road on 10:21 - Jun 14 with 3123 viewsrsonist

http://web.archive.org/web/20170614055549/ http://www.rydon.co.uk/what-we-do/refurbishment/case-studies/refurbishment-case-

The building contractors have already taken down the recent refurb details from their site.

Extra housing was crammed in, surrounding land sold off despite repeated complaints of restricted access for emergency services. Meanwhile, fire service cuts under Boris Johnson contribute to fewer safety visits and less effective enforcement (North Kensington station chief frequently evasive if you read the local residents blog linked).

Disgusting greed and horrific consequences.
Latimer Road on 10:22 - Jun 14 with 3119 viewsJAPRANGERS

Watching this on the CNN non stop coverage. I am so sorry, it's so terrible. I have tears in my eyes thinking about those poor people. How can this happen in 2017? I shudder to think what the final death toll will be.
Latimer Road on 10:22 - Jun 14 with 3119 viewsPhildo

Latimer Road on 10:13 - Jun 14 by Northernr

That is just an unimaginable nightmare isn't it, middle of the night, at that speed. Fcking hell. Poor bstrds.

Only one escape, fire alarms didn't go off, dry risers didn't work, residents previously told that if it does catch fire just stay in your flat with the door closed, several blogs online written months ago saying it was an absolute death trap and fire hazards had been repeatedly reported and ignored... this is going to be another of London's excellent private sector landlords/management companies at work isn't it?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Ironic that this is so close the the former hunting grounds of Peter Rachman
Latimer Road on 10:26 - Jun 14 with 3088 viewsloftboy

The BBC reporter wants locking up, excited look on her face, asking residents how they are feeling, what does she expect them to say ffs, possibly the most insensitive broadcaster ivee ever seen.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Latimer Road on 10:29 - Jun 14 with 3069 viewspamment8

Piers Morgan another idiot jumping to conclusions without any info.
These people are suffering enough without all these speculating idiots.
Thank god for the LFB in the building on 19th floor searching.
These guys and girls are magnificent.
They go in knowing it could colapse at any moment.
GOD BLESS THEM.
Latimer Road on 10:30 - Jun 14 with 3066 viewsBklynRanger

A ridiculous tragedy that shouldn't have happened. Refurbing a building and making it, apparently, far more of a fire hazard in the process? All kinds of shit is going to kick off as a result and rightly so.
Latimer Road on 10:43 - Jun 14 with 3000 viewsNorthernr

Latimer Road on 10:26 - Jun 14 by loftboy

The BBC reporter wants locking up, excited look on her face, asking residents how they are feeling, what does she expect them to say ffs, possibly the most insensitive broadcaster ivee ever seen.

You watching Victoria Derbyshire? I think she's doing a great job. Incredibly difficult one to cover and manage this.
Latimer Road on 10:44 - Jun 14 with 2994 viewsElHoop

It's unimaginable - being stuck in there with no way out. A terrible way to die. This shouldn't be happening in London in 2017 - things have gone to far the wrong way - it's got to stop.
Latimer Road on 10:46 - Jun 14 with 2980 viewsNorthernr

Latimer Road on 10:29 - Jun 14 by pamment8

Piers Morgan another idiot jumping to conclusions without any info.
These people are suffering enough without all these speculating idiots.
Thank god for the LFB in the building on 19th floor searching.
These guys and girls are magnificent.
They go in knowing it could colapse at any moment.
GOD BLESS THEM.

Agree on the firefighters but on the 'jumping to conclusions' thing, you only have to look at how this has gone up, how the outside has melted, what residents have said, what residents have previously written about the place to know the council and private management firm have allowed people to live in an absolute death trap.
Latimer Road on 10:48 - Jun 14 with 2960 viewsessextaxiboy

Latimer Road on 10:26 - Jun 14 by loftboy

Theo Ousherwood on LBC , counting the no of bedrooms multiplying it by the number of flats on floors out of range of the fire teams to be first with a guess at the death toll , cheered on by Ferrari runs them close .
Latimer Road on 10:50 - Jun 14 with 2948 viewsrsonist

Latimer Road on 10:46 - Jun 14 by Northernr

Agree on the firefighters but on the 'jumping to conclusions' thing, you only have to look at how this has gone up, how the outside has melted, what residents have said, what residents have previously written about the place to know the council and private management firm have allowed people to live in an absolute death trap.

Twitter predictably awash with disingenuous scumbag ghouls telling people "not to politicise a tragedy"... how do they think these things happen?
Latimer Road on 10:52 - Jun 14 with 2943 viewsloftboy

Latimer Road on 10:43 - Jun 14 by Northernr

You watching Victoria Derbyshire? I think she's doing a great job. Incredibly difficult one to cover and manage this.

She's running round grinning from ear to ear with the look of a child at a birthday party, really asking some inesensitive questions.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Latimer Road on 10:54 - Jun 14 with 2930 viewsNorthernr

Latimer Road on 10:52 - Jun 14 by loftboy

She's running round grinning from ear to ear with the look of a child at a birthday party, really asking some inesensitive questions.

Think we're watching different broadcasts.
Latimer Road on 10:59 - Jun 14 with 2895 viewsBoston

I read here and elsewhere that the cause is a refrigerator fire / explosion. That would indicate the problem would have been with Isobutane, the gas used in the cooling system. I'm under the impression that this type of incident is possible in all modern day fridges.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Latimer Road on 11:01 - Jun 14 with 2871 viewsSnipper

I was just across at The Latymer Mission to donate. The main geezer there gathered the reporters around right in front of me and told them to report that they don't need any more food, clothes or blankets.
They need money, £500,000 to help with rehoming and shelters.
Latimer Road on 11:05 - Jun 14 with 2850 viewsrichranger

Just in from the club:

DONATIONS FOR GRENFELL TOWER WELCOME AT LOFTUS ROAD
For those who wish to donate clothing / blankets / toiletries / food, you can do so at #QPR'S Main Entrance on South Africa Road.
If you have been affected by this incident, our doors and facilities at the stadium are open to you.
Latimer Road on 11:05 - Jun 14 with 2850 viewslondonscottish

Latimer Road on 09:25 - Jun 14 by Suffolk

Respect to you for doing that job fellah. Hugely dangerous and you have to witness some truly horrific stuff.

A good mate of mine is a firemen out of the Ladbroke Grove station.

Don't know if was on duty but I guess when something like this kicks off he'd likely get drafted in anyway.

Waiting for the text to tell me he's OK.

But as for the residents......

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024